- Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special. Catherine Pulsifer
- My Grandmother was always encouraging me to set goals and work hard to achieve them. She would tell me not to be a follower and not to set limits on what I could achieve. She truly believed that there were no limits that you could achieve whatever you wanted. Catherine Pulsifer, Do Not Limit Yourself
Words of Encouragement |
- My grandmother always encouraged teamwork, not just in the sports she played with us but in all aspects of life. She said being part of a team is like being part of life! Kate Summers
Teamwork | Sports
- But most important, young at heart – much younger in our lifestyles than most of our grandparents were at the same age. Georgia Witkin, The Modern Grandparent’s Handbook
Inspirational Quotes |
- When a child is born, so are grandmothers.
Quote of the Day |
- One of Grandma’s evening rituals was sweeping. She’d begin in the kitchen, careful to capture every crumb, and end on the front porch, sweeping our welcome mat with vigor. Once I asked her why she swept the porch every day, even when it didn’t need it. She leaned on the handle of her broom and winked at me, as though she were sharing a secret. “If everyone would sweep in front of his own door, the whole world would be clean.”
Editors, Guideposts, Daily Guideposts 365 Spirit-Lifting Devotions for Grandmothers
- Our grandmother didn’t like the word retirement, she said life is for living not for retiring.
- So what do I really know about being a grandmother? Well, I remember what I didn’t like as a child. I also loved being a Mom, but I have to tell you that being a grandmother has brought a whole new side of life – the fun side -to me.
Janet Steele, Great Ideas For Grandparents
- A house needs a grandma in it. Louisa May Alcott
- Yes, we are, gulp, older and, sadly, tire more easily, but being a grandmother today can be a sweet and wonderful experience, and many of us have the time and love to give. Angela Bowen, Today’s Grandmother
- Being a mother and grandmother, my maternal instinct made me want to do for my associates what every mother wants to do for her children – what’s best for them. Mary Kay Ash, The Mary Kay Way: Timeless Principles from America’s Greatest Woman Entrepreneur
- Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting. Author Unknown
Funny Inspirational Quotes |
- Truth be told, being a grandma is as close as we ever get to perfection. The ultimate warm sticky bun with plump raisins and nuts. Bryna Nelson Paston
Funny Poems |
- I want a world where my grandchildren (who are wonderfully diverse) are welcomed and valued for who they are and what they can contribute, in the workplace and elsewhere. It is a wish that many of us share. Trudy Bourgeois, Courageous Conversations
- When we were young, many of us had wise elders in our lives. Early in my life, like many of you, I encountered wise older people who seemed to know something about life. They may have been grandparents, an aunt or an uncle, or a mentor. Likely there was some older person in our life who we sensed had found ‘it’. John Izzo, Ph D., The five secrets you must discover before you die
Growing Up |
- There’s no place like home except Grandma’s. Author Unknown
- Grandmother – a wonderful mother with lots of practice. Author Unknown
- In some Native American societies, tribal leaders consulted a council of grandmothers before making any major decisions that would affect the whole community. Carol Schaefer, Grandmothers Counsel the World
- On a deeper note, being a grandmother provides you with an opportunity to help your grandchild gain a sense of who he or she really is. Deborah Williams, Linda A. Johnson, How To Talk To Your Kids and Grandkids
Inspiring Others |
- As I learned from growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother. Prince William
Funny Quotes about Life |
- Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love. Janet Lanese, Grandmothers Are Like Snowflakes…No Two Are Alike
- Imagine my surprise when I, as a sixty-two-year-old personal trainer and avid cyclist who can ride a bike up the side of a mountain, discovered that I was out of shape when I became a grandmother. Valli Weiss, Are You Fit Enough to be a Grandmother?
- Being an everyday grandmother has kept me young at heart, I know all the newest fads and fancies. I am way hipper than most of my friends. Trudy Jo Hahn Snader, The Blessings of Being An Everyday Grandmother
- Every parent knows that children look at their grandparents as sources of wisdom and security. David Jeremiah
- It’s not often that these little grandchildren can outdo their grandmother. In fact, it is more often that their grandmother, or Nanna, is the one leading the way to the park, or an excursion through the zoo, or even for a major outing casting imprints upon the sandy beaches of the bay. The coach, the counselor, the cuddler, the friend, the caregiver, the reconciler or the dazzler of sweet temptations are all natural and becoming roles that this grandmother plays with the skill of a master symphony director. Byron Pulsifer
- A grandmother is a remarkable woman. She’s a wonderful combination of warmth and kindness, laughter and love. She overlooks our faults, encourages our dreams, and praises our every success. Author Unknown
- Why had my grandfather gone to so much trouble to have my grandmother’s letters bound into a book so carefully and lovingly? Since no one ever spoke about my grandmother around me, it had not occurred to me that my grandfather truly cared for her. I held in my lap the history of their love affair, something I had not acknowledged before. Mary Ames Mitchell, The Search for My Abandoned Grandmother
- For myself, one of the sweetest words I have ever heard is “Nana”. Zelda Rosenbaum
- … to this day, I still continue the learning process to build upon the foundational lessons from my grandmother. I combine her teachings with the wisdom I glean from various sources… Martha Mutomba, Lessons From My Grandmother
- Grandmothers are sweet and special too
But you my Grandma are better than Pooh
The Christmas poems that you read me
While sitting on your knee
Bring back happy memories.
Days of young, days of care-free
You my Grandma will always be special to me.
Christmas Poems |
- So long as they had access to their grandchildren, grandmothers wholeheartedly reported feelings of excitement and pleasure on the arrival of a new grandchild. For most, the wonder of the experience well and truly compensated for any anticipated downsides. Doreen Rosenthal, New Age Nanas Being a Grandmother in the 21st Century
- Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies. Author Unknown
Inspirational Quotes for Kids
- As one of the city grandchildren, I enjoyed the exuberant space she created for us all. ‘Granny’s Sunday Sanctuary’ was a haven for the homesick, a family fortress, a place where you felt free to join in whatever was happening or retreat to read on the back veranda. Brenda Niall, Can You Hear the Sea?
- Now, I’m not a grandmother yet, but I will be in a few months. So I loved reading about the strength of grandmothers as well, because they’re the ones you turn to for all that unconditional love and acceptance when you need it. Amy Newmark, Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Lynne Sharon Schwartz probes the nature of the love that grandmothers feel toward their grandchildren and concludes, “There’s something suspiciously viral about the condition: relentless, forceful, and all-consuming.” Barbara Graham, Eye of My Heart
- There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren. Janice Elliott-Howard, Being A Grandmother
- Who has the tenderness of a mother?
Who has the wisdom of a schoolteacher?
Who has the tricks of the magician?
Who has the ability to see the world through a child’s eye?
Who has the stories about Mum and Dad?
Who has always loved me no matter what I do?
Who has the songs to sing to me when I am blue?
Of course, it is my Grandma,
And I love you and you blessed my life! Catherine Pulsifer
Inspirational Poems |
- I want to express my endless love and gratitude to my children … and my precious grandchildren … Thank you for loving and believing in me, and for making me the proudest mother and grandmother on earth. You are my reason for living, and my greatest accomplishment. I love you with everything that I am. Ellen Marie Wiseman, The Life She Was Given Love |
- If nothing is going well, call your grandmother. Italian Proverb
- My own illiterate grandmother was an inspiration for me. She was widowed very young with five small children and came here from another country. She was fabulous and became a business woman, raised her children, and was happy because she was full of love. What a lady!! Lynn Hubschman Woozie (Aka Grandmother) Wisdom
- In today’s world of complex family life, the place of grandmothers has shifted. Still the one who can give care and love unconditionally, they have to negotiate new relationships with their now grown-up children, carefully treading the line between offering help and interfering, being useful yet not exploited, dealing with children who become adolescents in a new digital age. Dr Donald E Edgar
Quotes about Life |
- Perfect love sometimes does not come till the first grandchild. Welsh Proverb
- My grandmother is my angel on earth. She is always looking out for me, she is always there for me, she loves and cares for me in a very special way. An angel describes her best! Catherine Pulsifer
- Uncles and aunts, and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all. Fanny Fern
- A grandmother is a little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend Author Unknown
- If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I’d have had them first. Lois Wyse
- A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween. Erma Bombeck
- … as all of us already know, grandmothers are natural nurturers. Our grandchildren sense that. They run to us for love, a listening ear, a hug. As they grow older, they turn to us for sympathy and encouragement and advice. We have the wonderful opportunity to show God’s love to our grandchildren by talking with them, spending time with them, praying for them, and sharing God’s Word with them. Nurturing our grandchildren in a variety of ways is both a blessing and a calling from God. Doris Rikkers, The Inspiring Grandmother
- I looked up to Gramie, she always was there for me; no matter what challenge I was facing she shone her positive attitude on it. My Gramie was truly an inspiring and influential person in my life. Kate Summers
Positive Attitude |
- Grandmother I am thinking of you
The one who is true
Always there for me
No matter what you see
A friend I can count on you
More than you know.
Thanks for all you do. Catherine Pulsifer