8 Prayer Points for the Family: Most important for Breakthrough. The family is established upon divine creation to accomplish God’s purpose and to enrich our lives. Eventually, in this present age of advanced communication, the family unit neglect communicating with God by omitting family prayers.
Focusing on prayers will make the entire family thrive. Take a look at these prayer points for the family and use them daily in your family life. Praying for your family – here 8 most important for breakthrough prayer points for the family.
8 Most important for Breakthrough Prayer points for the Family
Praying for your family:
- Pray and ask God to go with your family.
- Dedicate your family to serve the Lord.
- Pray for the release of vision into your home.
- Pray for unity in your family.
- Pray that God would bless your family with good health.
- Pray and thank God for meeting your financial needs.
- Pray for the Children.
- Pray for Parents.
1. Pray and ask God to go with your family
“And he said unto him, if thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence” (Exodus 33:15).
We must daily take out time to dedicate our family into the hands of God. Pray that His presence will always go before and after them wherever they are. Speak a covering over each member of the family.
2. Dedicate your family to serve the Lord
“And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” (Joshua 24:15).
Pray and disconnect from every affiliation from previous generations. Use the blood of His son Jesus Christ to break any covenants made in your family bloodline with other gods. Pray against generational curses. Declare that your family is God’s and you all are moving forward in Jesus name.
3. Pray for the release of vision into your home
“Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he” (Proverbs 29:18).
In the case where there is lack of vision in the family, the verse above states that the people perish. Prayer points for the family here is to ask God to pour out vision into your home today. Pray and believe God to release vision into every member of the family. Pray against all kinds of stagnancy and declare progression into all they do.
4. Pray for unity in your family
Unity is very paramount in the family (Psalm 133). God has a principle of commanding His blessing where there is unity. Lack of unity devoid families of God’s blessings. Our prayer points for the family as related to this is to ask that God blesses our family with unity. Pray and ask God to give every member of your family the heart of forgiveness. Pray against any rooted seed of bitterness in our hearts. Ask God to bring you all together in love peace and unity in the name of Jesus.
5. Pray that God would bless your family with good health
“And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee” (Exodus 23:25).
We would suffer and perish if there is no physical and spiritual sound health in the family. Pray that God should send divine health to you all. Pray for those that are with disease and ask God to destroy all forms of sickness in Jesus name. Ask and pray that God would revive your prayer lives and spiritual health.
6. Pray and thank God for meeting your financial needs
God promises that He would meet and supply all our needs in Philippians 4:19 “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus”. Thank God for daily meeting the needs of all family members. God honours His word more than His name. He would do whatever He says He would. Speak His blessings over all family members. Don’t forget that you should pray and declare that you all will reap whatever you have sowed.
7. Praying for your family Pray for the Children
But Jesus said,“Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven”(Matthew 19:14).
Children are the heritage of God. We are to train them in the right path as they make their way through this world. Our prayer points for the family as regarding the children is that God would furnish the parents to raise children in the way the Lord wants them to go. Pray for wisdom for parents to nurture the children in the way of the Lord. Also, pray against any hindrance that would stand against them in knowing God. Pray well that God would preserve your children and keep their purity.
8. Pray for Parents
“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6).
God instructs parents on the plan to follow when raising children. Pray that God would raise fathers in this fatherless generation that would stand in the gap. Also, pray that God will give fathers the wisdom they require to lead and make them humble.
Pray and bring the mothers into the hands of God to strengthen them in their daily challenges. Pray that mothers will never feel inadequate for the task and they geared up for such a time as this in Jesus name. Amen.
- Read also:
- PRAYER FOR MY FAMILY
- PRAYER FOR FAMILY – bring the needs of your loved ones to God
- SHORT FAMILY PRAYER Morning, Evening, Thanksgiving, Food Blessing
Whether you’re part of a blended, single-parent, foster, adoptive, or traditional two-parent family, your family is important to God. You can ask him for anything in regard to your family as long as it’s in line with his heart, his desires . . . and essentially, His will. (See scripture prayers at the bottom of this post.)
Just so you know, family unity is definitely “according to his will.”
“Families are the basic, foundational social units in all human communities around the world, and healthy individuals within healthy families are at the core of a healthy society.” University of Nebraska – NebGuide by UNL Extension Family Life specialists and educators. (John DeFrain, Gail Brand, Jeanette Friesen, Dianne Swanson)
Healthy families are good for all of us, because the state of the family directly impacts the state of our society.
Strong families produce children who have the tools to grow up to become healthy, mature, well-adjusted adults.
The family unit is:
- God’s idea
- God’s design
- An expression of God’s nature and essence (The Truth Project, Del Tackett)
How God designed the family:
When God formed the earth, flinging stars in the sky, and creating life, he said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.”
When he says “us”, he’s referring to the active participation of every member of the godhead in creation. Father. Son. Holy Spirit.
There’s community and relationship within God between:
God the Father . . . God the Son . . . God the Holy Spirit.
(John 10:30, 2 Corinthians 13:14, John 4:34, Matthew 26:39)
Within family, we’re meant to experience the same intimacy, oneness, community, and fellowship God experiences in the godhead. That’s his plan for our families.
Family members are meant to take care of one another, and sacrifice for “us.” But we’re each imperfect and we live with imperfect people. Rather than fighting with our families, it’s important to fight for our families.
Praying hard. Praying often.
Here are some powerful prayers you can use to pray for strength, unity, forgiving hearts, harmony, and steadfast love within your family. These prayers are powerful because they’re based on the things God has had inspired men write down for our benefit.
Scripture prayers for your home and family:
- “Father God . . . I ask you to help each member of our family (name them) to be completely humble and gentle in our interactions with each other; and to be patient, bearing with one another’s faults in love – even when we’re tired, frustrated, angry, or hurt. Help us Father, to make every effort to remain united in the Spirit in this home. Please bind us together in peace.” Ephesians 4:2-3
- “Gracious God . . . help us (name your family members) to love each other fervently. Grow our love so deep that it is able and willing to overcome and forgive a multitude of sins. Inspire a spirit of hospitality in (family member names) and enable us to cheerfully share our home with those who need a meal or a place to stay. God I acknowledge that you have given each one in this family spiritual gifts. Help us to put our own needs aside and use those gifts to serve one another well. We will rely on the strength and energy you alone supply. I pray that everything we do within this family unit will bring you glory through the One who lives in us – your Son, Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 4:8-11
- “God – you are the One who gives us perseverance and encouragement. In you, we have hope. Help our family (name family members) live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Jesus Christ.” Romans 15:5
- “Loyal and trustworthy God, help my spouse (insert name here) and I to honor our marriage and clearly see how valuable and precious it really is. As we honor our marriage to one another, and our covenant with you, help us keep our marriage bed pure.” Hebrews 13:4
Other links you may be interested in:
Scriptures to Pray Over Your Family
Bible Verses About Family
Are You a Prayer Worrier or a Prayer Warrior?
Strong, united families are not only good for our children, they’re a refreshing and beautiful reflection of God’s glory in the world.
Because families are worth fighting for . . .
Here, we have a prayer for family to ask for God’s help in strengthening a family’s bond. Sometimes, members of our families can be the cause of a lot of stress and worry.
Bring them closer to yourself, and God with this family prayer.
Prayer to Keep Family Together
Say this prayer to help bring your family closer together. Make sure to say the names of any family member you want included in the prayer. Your husband (or wife), sons, daughters, father or mother.
Use this prayer, and write your own at the bottom of this page.
A Prayer for Family
Please shine your light upon my family.
Give us strength to overcome all of the
difficulties that we are dealing with now
and protect us against any and all problems
we may encounter in the future.
O Lord, please bring us together as we
are meant to be. May the love that binds
us only grow stronger as we fulfill the destiny
you have laid out for us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we
have committed. May we also forgive one
another Lord, as it is sometimes difficult to do.
Bless us Lord,
In your name I pray, Amen
Bible Verses about Family
“For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.”
Check out what the bible has to say about family with these Bible Verses.
Family is an important part of one’s life, and is also very important to God. From Adam and Eve onward, God made humans to be together with love to guide and support one another. Through prayer we can make our families stronger.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Family- Pray for my family for deliverance from addictions, for healing. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. …
- Please let me gain my parents trust again- please Lord forgive Christene for her sins she has gone against her parents and God and she doesn’t know if she can gain her parent… …
- Family and health- For my heart my anxiety, and my son and daughter in law it’s been bad here I need the Lord to intercede here and on… …
- Come to me- I am praying to God that he continues to give me strength in these last days. That when people in my life bring me down,… …
- God is Good- For peace in family n our health. …
- Prayer request- Requesting prayer for myself and son and mom along with my two grandsons for healing and peace of mind financial and personal relationship with our… …
- Salvation for my son and daughter in law- My son Matthew and his wife Aleisha are very against The Bible and do not want me to talk to my little grandchildren about Jesus.… …
- Restore- Pray for mother and son bond to be restored with both of my sons soon. Pray for me to be a part of my grand… …
- Mercy- Please pray for family members who devote themselves to destroy our marriage. pray for our heavenly fathers mercy. Thank you …
- Family- Please don’t let my sister’s to send anyone and law enforcement to my house to ask if I’m ok. I’m fine and don’t want anymore… …
- Getting right in my life and family- Through the past few years I have done wrong to my husband I cheated on him once because I felt ignored and irrelevant in my… …
- Marriage- Please pray my husband and I. Every time he goes on trips he thinks he can treat me like I’m single. He puts a lot… …
- Family- Please pray for my 2 children, 4 grandchildren, my brother and 2 sisters and their families that they will be saved . Also some are… …
- Family Restoration- Praying asking believing GOD To Restore Love,Unity, Respect for one another, Loyalty and Kindness In me and my entire family Now and Always In JESUS… …
- Prayer for healing and forgiveness- Dear God, Please heal my kids daddy to get stronger and live better, may he forgive me for whatever I have done wrong, and may… …
- Lord I am tired- This prayers is for me and my children, children’s. I pray for a closer walk with u, and to pray more and more. I been… …
- Toxic relation- My daughter is 28 years old she is in a terrible relationship gave her life to God but will not give up the unsaved baby… …
- Prayer request- Please stand in agreement with me acc.to Mat.18:19 for my daughter and her family and housing situation to be settled divinely acc. to Gods will… …
- Prayer for strength for me and my family- Please say prayer for my me and my family! We really need guidance and strength from God! Protect us of things of this world and… …
- Salvation for my children- Please pray for my family an my calling from God Thank you. …
More prayers posted in: Family
O God of goodness and mercy, to Thy fatherly guidance we commend our family, our household and all our belongings. We commit all to Thy love and keeping; do Thou fill this house with Thy blessings even as Thou didst fill the holy House of Nazareth with Thy presence.
Keep far from us, above all else, the blemish of sin, and do Thou alone reign in our midst by Thy law, by Thy most holy love and by the exercise of every Christian virtue. Let each one of us obey Thee, love Thee and set himself to follow in his own life Thine example, that of Mary, Thy Mother and our Mother most loving, and that of Thy blameless guardian, Saint Joseph.
Protect us and our house from all evils and misfortunes, but grant that we may be ever resigned to Thy divine will even in the sorrows which it shall please Thee to send us. Finally give unto all of us the grace to live in perfect harmony and in the fullness of love toward our neighbor. Grant that every one of us may deserve by a holy life the comfort of Thy holy Sacraments at the hour of death. O Jesus, bless us and protect us.
O Mary, Mother of grace and of mercy, defend us against the wicked spirit, reconcile us with Thy Son, commit us to His keeping, that so we may be made worthy of His promises.
Saint Joseph, foster-father of our Savior, guardian of His holy Mother, head of the Holy Family, intercede for us, bless us and defend our home at all times.
Saint Michael, defend us against all the evil cunning of hell.
Saint Gabriel, make us to understand the holy will of God.
Saint Raphael, preserve us from all sickness and from every danger to our lives.
Our holy Guardian Angels, keep our feet safely on the path of salvation both day and night.
Our holy Patrons, pray for us before the throne of God.
Yea, bless this house, O God the Father, who hast created us; O God the Son, who hast suffered for us upon the holy Cross, and Thou, O Holy Spirit, who hast sanctified us in holy Baptism. May the one God in three divine Persons preserve our bodies, purify our minds, direct our hearts and bring us all to everlasting life.
Glory be to the Father, glory be to the Son, glory be to the Holy Ghost! Amen.
Hi readers, it seems you use Catholic Online a lot; that’s great! It’s a little awkward to ask, but we need your help. If you have already donated, we sincerely thank you. We’re not salespeople, but we depend on donations averaging $14.76 and fewer than 1% of readers give.
If you donate just $5.00, the price of your coffee, Catholic Online School could keep thriving.
Help Now >