Ending your day with prayer is a wonderful way to let go of stress and find peace before falling asleep. No matter what you faced today, talking to God through goodnight prayers will renew your faith. Evening prayer also helps you see all the good things that happened in your day that you have to be thankful for!
Share these nine bedtime and evening prayers with your children, spouse and friends so they too can fall asleep feeling blessed and thankful!
- 1 Goodnight Prayer for Blessings
- 2 A Bedtime Prayer to Stop an Anxious Heart
- 3 Giving Thanks Evening Prayer
- 4 A Short Night-time Prayer (2 Timothy 1:7)
- 5 Popular Child’s Bedtime Prayer, 18th Century
- 6 A Beautiful Prayer to End the Day
- 7 Father, We Thank Thee
- 8 Bedtime Prayer (song by Twila Paris)
- 9 The Examen (Evening Reflection)
- 10 Cute Good Night Prayer for my Love
- 11 Good Night Sweet Dream Prayer for My Love
- 12 Good Night Prayer of the day
- 13 Good Night Prayer Blessing for My Love
- 14 Good Night Prayer for My Love
Goodnight Prayer for Blessings
Bless us with rest tonight, Jesus, and a good night’s sleep. Forgive us for the things we did today that did not honor you. Thank you for loving us so much and that you know us through and through. We need your help every day, and we thank you for the strength you give and for helping us know that with you, even hard things are possible. Bless our family and our home, and keep us safe through the night. May your angels guard us and watch over us, just like you promised.
You’ve told us we are just like sheep. And that you lead us and guard us like a shepherd. You know our names, and you make us feel special and loved. When we hurt, you help us feel better. Thank you, Jesus, for your good care and for giving us to help. Thank you for the Bible, and for teaching us stuff in life that helps us grow. Bless the people in our world, and help them to know you love them, too. Thank you for all the people who help us so much: teachers, doctors, policeman, and fireman—and so many more.
Thank you for your good plan for our lives. Help us to obey you and love you more and more. When we awake in the morning, put a smile on our face and your purpose in our hearts, ready to start a new day. We love you, Jesus. Good night. In Jesus’s precious name, Amen. ~ ~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
A Bedtime Prayer to Stop an Anxious Heart
Dear Lord, please help me trust You and empower me through Your Spirit to stop my emotions from bossing me around. I want to quit worrying about what might happen and focus on what has already happened by remembering and praising You for Your faithfulness in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. ~ Renee Swoop
Giving Thanks Evening Prayer
Dear God, we thank you tonight for the good day and for the special way you take care of us all the time. Thank you for the fun times outside and the quiet times inside, and for helping us learn new things every day.
Thank you for creating us special, exactly the way you wanted. Thank you for protecting us throughout the day. Forgive us for the wrong things we do. Thank you for loving us even when we disobey or try to do things our way. Help us to always choose your way, God, because it’s always best. We pray for all the people who don’t know you, and that they will come to understand your love for them, too.
Bless our family and thank you for good times together and apart. Bless our friends and those we love, including our grandparents, our aunts and uncles and cousins. Thank you for our home and a place to sleep and good food to eat. Help us rest well, give us peaceful dreams, and send your angels around our home to protect us throughout the night. Teach us to trust you and to love you more and more. You are good; you are great; and you are faithful, God. And we love you. Good night. In Jesus’s precious name, Amen. ~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
A Short Night-time Prayer (2 Timothy 1:7)
For God’s not given me a spirit of fear,
But a spirit of love,
and of power, and a sound mind,
To live each day and glorify his name.
Popular Child’s Bedtime Prayer, 18th Century
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Alternative Version for Children:
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
Watch and guard me through the night,
and wake me with the morning light.
A Beautiful Prayer to End the Day
Heavenly Father, my day is drawing to an end, and I’m ready to turn in. But before I do, I have to thank you for your faithfulness today. It’s always a good day, even when things may not go the way I plan, or when the world seems in chaos, because you are in control.
For all the times when I was aware of your help today, all the times when your unseen presence seemed so near, thank you, God. But for all the ways you worked behind the scenes, unknown to me, moments when heaven-sent angels moved on my behalf in ways I’ll never know, thank you for those also, Lord.
Forgive me for any foolish actions on my part today or things I did without first asking your blessing or wisdom. Those are moments I’d rather forget, but I’m so grateful for your forgiveness when I ask. I never want to go to bed without clearing the air between us, Lord. Our friendship means too much, and your holiness deserves that. Thank you for loving me just as I am. Your love compels me to give you my all and fills my heart with praise for the relationship we share because of Jesus.
As I close my eyes tonight, I’m praying for loved ones around me, for friends and those who need to know you, Lord. I’m praying that your love, like the billions of stars in the night sky outside, will touch them and help them see who you really are. I pray for our world and those in it. I pray for their needs as well as my own.
Grant me a good night’s sleep tonight, God, so that I can awake refreshed and ready to begin another day loving you. Thank you again for blessings so undeserved and too numerous to count. I love being your child, and I long for the word “faithful” to describe my service to you, each day of every year. When I awake in the morning, may it be with a joyful smile, not a grumpy spirit. May your protection and your presence bathe this place with peace and safety against the enemy. Good night, Lord. In Jesus’s name, Amen. ~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
Father, We Thank Thee
Father, we thank thee for the night,
And for the pleasant morning light;
For rest and food and loving care,
And all that makes the day so fair.
Help us to do the things we should,
To be to others kind and good;
In all we do, in work or play,
To grow more loving every day.
— Rebecca Weston – 1890
Bedtime Prayer (song by Twila Paris)
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray dear Lord that you will keep
Your eyes upon this sleeping world
Every little boy and girl
Bless the children far away
The ones who don’t know how to pray
Those who are not feeling well
The little one the slipped and fell
Bless the puppy down the street
The neighbors I have yet to meet
Bless my mom and dad especially
Just one more thing I’d like to say
Before I close another day
I’d like to thank you Lord for all the ways
That You bless me
Bless the child whose home is torn
The babies who are not yet born
Bless the ones who take your word
To all the hearts that have not heard
Bless all your children everywhere
I hope they know how much you care
Maybe someday I can go
And tell them that You love them so
Bless Grandma and my Grandpa too
And all my friend and all they do
Bless every twig upon my family tree
Just one more thing I’ll say to you
I’m so amazed by all you do
I’ll thank you once again because it’s true
That you bless me
The Examen (Evening Reflection)
Written by St. Ignatius Loyola, the Examen is a daily process for prayerfully reflecting on your day.
1. Remember God’s presence.
Even after a trying day, God will quiet your soul as you remember His presence and intentionally seek to enter into it. Remember He’s with you. Invite Him to make Himself present to you.
2. Respond to Him with thanks.
Giving thanks gives God glory and helps us look on the bright side of a bad day. What small blessings can you thank God for?
3. Reflect on how God showed Himself to you.
God reveals himself through scripture, but we also see glimpses of him in nature, events, and people. Sometimes He shows up loudly through miraculous, divine intervention. Other times He shows Himself quietly through the beauty of a flower or an earnest conversation. As you look back over your day, can you identify moments where you sensed God’s revelation or intervention?
4. Repent of your failings.
I don’t like recognizing my own sin, but repentance is key to continual renewal in our relationship with God.As you reflect on your day, remember specific points where you failed. Bring your shortcomings before God and ask Him to forgive you.
5. Resolve to grow.
God is in the business of changing us, so don’t let your failings discourage or define you. His mercies are always new. Accept His forgiveness. Ask Him for grace to change. Is there anything you need to make right or anyone you need to apologize to? What can you do differently tomorrow?
Do you have a favorite goodnight prayer you use at bedtime? One that your parents taught you or that you are teaching your children? Share it with our community in the comments below!
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersThe Prayer of JabezShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerThe Prayer of St FrancisSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerIrish Prayers and BlessingsAdvent PrayersChristmas PrayersThanksgiving PrayerHoly Week Prayers for Each DayEaster PrayersMother’s Day PrayerPrayers for My HusbandPrayers for My SonPrayers for My DaughterPrayer Quotes
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
40+ Good Night Prayer for My Love
When you love someone, then you should pray for them. Prayers flowing from a heart filled with love are sure to hit the mark and get speedy answers. Just before your loved one hits the sack, why not send him/her any of these good night prayers for my love. Let them know that whether day or night, they are in your thoughts and prayers.
Relax and pick your choice of these amazing good night prayer for my love.
Cute Good Night Prayer for my Love
- As you lay to sleep, may your strength be renewed. May you be rejuvenated to face the days ahead. Sleep tight, my love.
- Have a restful night, my love. May you find the grace to forgive every wrong done to you today. May tomorrow bring with it fresh hope and a great new start. Sleep well.
- Forget every disappointment you experienced today, tomorrow will surely be better. Do have a peaceful night, my love.
- The path of the righteous keeps shinning brighter and brighter. Today’s glory is nothing compared to what tomorrow will bring. Have a beautiful night, my love. Sweet dreams.
- The good work the Lord has started in your life will not stop until it is fully accomplished. Sleep peacefully, my love. God’s got you.
- As you lay to sleep, I pray that no weapon formed against you shall prosper. You shall prevail over every of your enemies and the blood of Jesus shall avail for you.
- May the angels of the Lord watch over you as you sleep. May every of your enemies be scattered and put to shame. Good night my love.
- I have said a prayer for you my darling. Go to bed in peace. Nothing shall by any means harm you. Good night, my love.
- The sun shall not smite you by day or the moon by night. That’s the promise of the Lord concerning you. May you receive the grace to sleep like a baby. Have a beautiful night, my love.
- Every enemy of your peace shall be put to shame. You will sleep in peace like a new born and in the morning, your mouth will be filled with the song of praises. Good night, my love.
- As you sleep tonight, may you be divinely inspired with fresh ideas. May you receive unusual insight and find solution to every challenge. Have a lovely night, my love.
READ ALSO: Cute Good Night -Sweet Dreams Messages
Good Night Sweet Dream Prayer for My Love
- May the angels of the Lord surround you, to keep watch over you. May their presence scare away every demon and keep you safe from every danger. Good night, beautiful.
- “He keepeth in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on him”. As you keep your mind on the Lord, may He keep you in perfect peace tonight and always. Good night, my love.
- May the Lord keep you secured like Zion’s mount. May it be well with you in Jesus’ name.
- With God, nothing shall be impossible. Before day breaks, every impossibility in your life and work shall be made possible in Jesus’ name. Do have a pleasant night my love.
- Don’t be discouraged sweetheart. Go to bed and sleep. I assure you, everything shall be better in the morning. Have a sweet night, my love.
- May you see your desires accomplished over your enemies in Jesus’ name. Have a pleasant night rest.
- As you sleep tonight, I pray your dreams be filled with life changing solutions to every of your challenges. Have a victorious night.
- May nightmares and its horrors be far away from you tonight. Instead may your dreams be filled angelic visions. Have a lovely night, my love. Sweet dreams.
- As you lay in sleep, may the Lord grant you the master key. The key that opens all doors you command it to. Good night, my love.
- No matter how long this night is, tomorrow will dawn beautiful for you. it shall be well with you. Good night, my love.
Good Night Prayer of the day
- Wherever evil powers are gathered against you tonight, the fire of the Holy Ghost shall consume them. You just go ahead and sleep like a baby, my love. Your victory is assured. Have a pleasant night.
- May the morrow find you hale and hearty, with your mouth filled with songs of thanksgiving. Good night my love.
- We are thankful to God for the day spent. We pray for a night of rest and peace. We pray for strength rejuvenated to face the coming days. Good night my love.
- Cast your burdens unto the Lord for He cares for you. Whisper a prayer into his ears for He listens. You will overcome every life battle in Jesus’ name.
- The God of comfort and solution will visit you tonight with answers to everything puzzling you. You shall wake up refreshed and deeply satisfied. Good night, my love.
- May you be kept safe from every arrow that flies by night and from the noisome pestilence. You will sleep in peace. Good night, my love.
- Don’t worry about today’s failures and unfulfilled expectations. You have the chance to try again tomorrow. May tomorrow be better in Jesus’ name.
- I pray for you, that the rigour and stress you went through today will not rob you of the peace and rest of tonight. May your heart be light. May you find sweet relief in sleep. Have a pleasant night.
- I pray for you my love, may this night fill your heart with tranquility. May you enjoy a sweet and peaceful rest as you lay in bed to sleep. Good night.
- My love, sleep with the blessed assurance that you are loved and that God is watching out for you. Stay blessed in Jesus’ name.
READ ALSO: I Love You No Matter What Quotes
Good Night Prayer Blessing for My Love
- May your choices bring you joy and peace. May all of your expectations be met. Good night, my love.
- May your night be filled with rest and peace. May you shine brighter and better tomorrow. Good night, love.
- The Lord will form a edge of protection round about you. Every of your adversaries will be put to shame. Good night, love.
- May you experience God’s unwavering love tonight and always. Sweet dreams, my love.
- May the Lord carry you in His arms and keep you safe from all dangers. Have a beautiful night, my love.
- Have faith, sleep in peace. Tomorrow’s success and victory will overshadow every failure and disappointment you experienced today, amen. Have a pleasant night.
- May your night be truly awesome. No one deserves it more than you do. Sleep well, my love.
- May you sleep like a baby and wake up with renewed energy. May the Lord fight your battles. Amen.
- As you sleep, may your heart be filled with gratitude for the day just gone by. May you awake in the morning with renewed hope, strength and faith. Good night, my love.
- Relax my love, God is in control and He will make all things work out for you God. Have a beautiful night.
- The Lord will vindicate you and avenge you over your enemies. He will fight your cause and make you smile again. Good night, my love.
- May you continue to enjoy God’s grace all the days of your life. May it be well with you always. Good night, my love.
Well, we hope you liked this collection of Good Night Prayers for My Love. Don’t forget to like and share. Thanks for visiting. Xoxo.
Need a Good Night Prayer for My Love? When you love someone, it is always good to pray for them.
As your loved one goes to sleep, send him/her a beautiful good night prayer quote to let them know how much you care.
Make their night sweet before they fall asleep by sending them these goodnight prayers and messages.
Good Night Prayer for My Love
1. Good night dear, I pray to God to give you a peaceful and safe sleep.
2. I know all you wish for now is to unwind from your day peacefully. I pray that you have a re-energising sleep to start a new fresh day tomorrow. Good night honey.
3. I thank God for blessing you today and I pray he continues to bless you always. Good night darling.
4. I pray for you to have a wonderful night, Good night, my love.
5. As the night falls, it reminds us of the day’s blessings. Always be grateful. I pray for you to have a great night. Good night darling
Good Night Prayer for Her
1. My love, May you have a restful night, may find peace within to start a new day. Sleep well.
2. No matter how long or short the night, I want you to know all will be well as I have prayed for you. Good night sweetheart!
3. No matter how tiresome your day might be, I am grateful to God for bringing us together. Have a great night my dear.
4. Darling, as you lay to sleep, I pray that no weapon curse against you shall prosper. May you conquer and your dreams come true.
5. Babe, I have prayed for you to have a peaceful night full of sweet dreams..Sweet dreams!
Good Night Prayer for Him
1. As you lay to sleep, I pray for your strength to be renewed. Sleep tight my love. Good Night
2. No matter how hectic your day has been my love, I pray that this night brings you the strength and the refreshment you need. Good night my love.
3. As you tire to your bed, I pray for you to have sweet dreams and the peace of mind. Good night sweetheart.
4. As you relax, and unwind. I thank God for bringing you to my life. You are a blessing to me. Good night my love
5. Forget the disappointments you experienced today, I pray for your tomorrow to be better. Have a peaceful night sweetheart.
Good Night Prayer Quotes
1. As you fall asleep tonight, may your dreams be filled with solutions to your problems! Have a blessed night.
2. You may feel alone and lost, but remember God is always there for you. I pray for God to give you the strength you need. Good night dear!
3. When I close my eyes, I see you. You are always in my thoughts. I pray for God to guide you through the night. Good night my love!
4. As I whisper my evening prayer, I thank God for the gift of life he has given us, May he be our guide. Good night
5. I am so thankful to God for giving us a wonderful day to spend together. As you go to sleep I pray for a night of rest and peace. Good night my love.
If you find these messages useful and lovely, kindly share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. Thanks You for Doing so.
Michael Andrew is a content writer and an advisor. They sometimes call me a relationship advisor guru. You can follow me on Twitter or facebook.