Here, we offer a marriage prayer for those who are experiencing marital troubles. As humans, we are imperfect and that goes as well for the relationships we form.
It is right to ask God for help in troubled times.
Table of contents
- 1 Prayers to Help a Failing Marriage
- 2 Prayer to Reunite with Spouse
- 3 Scripture About Marriage
- 4 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Marriage Prayer”
- 5 Recent prayer requests…
- 6 1. Blessings on my spouse and I
- 7 2. Remove all negativity caused by external people
- 8 3. No weapon formed against our marriage shall prosper
- 9 4. Holy Spirit work in both of us to bring us closer to God and each other
- 10 5. Re-Build Trust and Honesty
- 11 6. Remove bitterness, anger, and all manners of negative emotions.
- 12 7. Give us the strength to work through our differences
Prayers to Help a Failing Marriage
From the beginning, God meant for man and woman to be together, joined in holy matrimony. It is not good than man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him. But, just because it is Gods will does not mean it is always easy.
Use this marriage prayer if you need Gods help and guidance to heal a failing marriage.
Prayer to Restore a Marriage
I come before you today with a heavy heart; my
marriage is in trouble, and I need your help.
Make changes in my spouse’s heart. Make us
compatible again, and bring us closer together.
Fill us with your love and give us the strength
to love one another, care for one another, and
fulfill your destiny for us.
Show us the harm caused by careless words,
and the pain caused by emotional distance.
Bring us together, like we once were. Show
us how to love one another again.
Heal the division between us. Make us one again.
In your name I pray, Amen.
Prayer to Reunite with Spouse
This is a prayer asking God for help reuniting with a husband or wife. Through lifes difficulties, God is always there to help guide the ones we love, back into our arms.
Prayer to bring Back Lost Love
Please pray that my heart’s desire be granted,
the return of the love of my life, my one true
love. I pray that my spouse may have
healed his wounds from the past and forgiven
all that has gone wrong.
Lord, help my husband (wife) be able to follow
his heart to his desire and love for me and
permanently return to me to be forever
reconciled as one, as husband and wife.
Scripture About Marriage
“And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”
Click here to read more Bible Verses about Marriage
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Marriage Prayer”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Situation in life and marriage- There’s a difficult situation in my marriage. My husband wants us to live in australia and i’m miserable there. I wish to live close to… …
- Restore my marriage- Lord jesus I come before you today, and humbly ask that you forgive me for all that bad things I said to my my wife… …
- Healing- Healing of my ear – having hearing loss marriage — husband to respect me Business- God to increase my income Fruitfulness – God i need… …
- Spiritual attacks and bad luck- Good day. Please pray for my marriage which is under attack from evil family members on my husbands side, who want to see both our… …
- Marriage help- Please help us through these rough times. I feel the evil trying to pull us apart. Please keep us strong in this relationship. Do not… …
- Pray for my husband- My husband abandon us with my daughter because he had an affair to other woman currently pregnant right now and she is married in the… …
- Family- That the lord will bring my husband Ronnie Cruz back with his wife and children that he will break every chain and soul ties and… …
- Closer Couple Christian Spirituality- That we would both grow in devotion to our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, and to each other. We are long-time married but need to… …
- Prayer for marriage- Please pray for my marriage. That we would not be silent anymore towards each other. That God would increase the desire to love each other… …
- Prayer of visitation- Pray that Lord Almighty will visit my husband’s family foundation so that there would not be repetition of evil pattern in our marriage. Pray that… …
- Protect from attack- Lord protect my in wife in every way possible, from the crown of her head to the sold of her feet. Also inside out of… …
- God’s Intervention in my marriage- God should keep my marriage from every attack of the enemy. Uproot every bitterness, hatred,resentment and unforgiveness. these traits are threatening to tear my marriage… …
- Prayer for restoration in my marriage as well our finances- Please stand with me, Marriage needs restoration and our finances, we are in need of a financial breakthrough. I think it is also one of… …
- Financial breakthrough and Marriage- God my Redeemer, my creator. God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. I thank you for the gift of life and protection in… …
- For marriage- I’m 30 years old. Searching still for a life partner. Many are rejected from both sides. Hurt and discouraged. Insulted for looking for proposals. Pray… …
- My love Ravi n mine wedding- Oh Lord God, I’m 39 years old.i have been shattered from my first marriage.i have been in a relationship with this person, for good 6… …
- Marriage in Trouble, Divorce- Please help me to pray for a miracle for my marriage. My husband has given up on us and no longer wants to be with… …
- Marriage Prayer- I would like some help as l pray for my marriage, l really need divine intervention in the mighty name of Jesus!! …
- To bring my husband back home- My husband left and I pray that he would come back home to us, to come back home to our 2 daughters and I and… …
- Restore my marriage- I and my husband are separated I will like to restore my marriage. My husband wants a divorce I don’t agree with a divorce. …
More prayers posted in: Marriage
Are you praying for a wife or a husband? The preceding marriage prayer is a suitable wedding prayer for you.
God is not only the Creator God but also the God who authored love and romance. The Scriptures begins and ends with marriage — of Adam and Eve and the Bridal body of Christ with Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God. And in-between the Old and New Testaments, godly men and women of the Bible tied the knot and
fulfilled God’s destiny for their lives together.
Marriage is more than a signed contract between a husband and his wife. It is a divine covenant with God as the third party. Marriage is a blood covenant being sealed when the hymen membrane in a woman is being broken and blood is shed for the first time during consummation. God has placed this institution in the society for married couples not only to procreate but to respond to His call to inhabit and take dominion over the earth and proclaim the gospel to the lost.
In this contemporary day and age, the original intent of God for marriage has slowly been forgotten because of the propensity of man towards divorce, legal separation, annulment, illicit co-habitation or living-in, homosexuality, sexual perversion, pornography, and fornication. Those in the Christian circles are not exempted from all these.
However, there are still Christian men and women who are keeping themselves pure and holy while waiting for the right and the best godly
Praying for a Wife
spouse for them. Many of these godly bachelors and bachelorettes have been praying for a wife or husband and fasting to seek the will of God for their lives. Perhaps, you are one of them—patiently waiting and eagerly expecting that one day, you will meet the one God has for you since the foundations of the world.
Do not lose hope because if God has placed a desire in your heart until now to marry a spouse, experience sexual intercourse, and bear children, then be assured that they can happen in God’s appointed time. Begin to pray wedding prayers for your future husband or wife everyday, blessing him and praying for his protection and goodwill. You may list down Bible verses to declare as prayers for him daily and thank the Lord for him even though he has not arrived yet in your life. Thank God in advance for him. You may listen to God for his specific qualities or character and pray them through.
Then, for the practical side of it, prepare yourself for your meeting and for the marriage you have so long been praying for. Take care of your body and make yourself presentable, neat, and clean because any moment could be the day that he will come. Become emotionally stable, mature, and strong in your spirit as marriage is not as easy as you think it will be. Organize your life and make preparations to become a wife or husband. Learn how to cook, clean, fix household stuff, work efficiently, and handle finances. The moment you prepare yourself seriously for marriage, perhaps the faster your spouse will appear before you.
Continue on praying for a spouse and allow the Holy Spirit to renew your mind with God’s Word daily and take control over your will, emotions, and heart. Guard your heart at all times as not all prospective men or women is the right one for you. It takes a strong discernment to know and to choose God’s best for your life. Do not settle for anything less. You will know the perfect spouse if you are attuned to the voice of God, rested in His presence, and know His perfect will. The result of love is beauty and life. If this person is imparting beauty and life in you and you are at peace, in joy, and excited then this can be God’s spouse for you.
It is important that you have an accountability partner like a trusted pastor or spiritual mentor or a close friend to consult with the matters of the heart. God is the one who gives a man his wife and He speaks to the man and woman that they are meant for each other and the biological and spiritual family in the church or ministry will confirm it.
You may have prayed many prayers before. You may use this prayer for marriage as a guide —
Our Father God, you know the deepest longings of my heart. How I yearn for someone to be with, to talk to, to love me, and to share my life with. I have spent countless nights crying out to you to bring the right person and ordain our meeting. Instill in him the sense of urgency to find me. Let him long for me as well and speak to him that it is me you have chosen for him. Prepare us now in all aspects of our lives and set us free from anything that binds, ensnares, entangles, and addicts us. Remove the wrong people from our lives and cut all our ungodly soul ties from our past relationships and even our emotional or romantic entanglements now with other persons. I ask You, Lord to mold us to be a responsible and committed spouse for each other that our marriage will last for as long as we live. I pray for him that You will protect my spouse and deliver him from all temptations. Give me to someone who will honor me and respect me, love me, cherish me, and take good care of me. I am praying for the best and right spouse for me, the one you planned for me to marry. Order our steps so that our paths will cross in Your beautifully ordained time. Orchestrate events for us to find each other. Keep us pure and holy at all times even when no one is watching because indeed You are. I bless my spouse that he will become who You called him to be. I bless his spirit, soul, and body to be whole. I plead the blood of Jesus over both of us and everything concerning us. Thank you Jesus for this desire to marry and the hope and excitement to enter into this sacred union with You. Have Your way, Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
God is our Husband and Maker. Accept His invitation to be the lover of your soul. Love God first and then when He knows that you are completely His, He will give you the man or woman of your dreams because by then God knows that He is your first love even though you have an earthly partner to share the rest of your life with. If you learn this, God will give you the desires of your heart because it is He who placed those desires as you delighted in Him. Every time you feel discouraged and hopeless about getting married, go back to this marriage prayer and be encouraged.
Here is another Prayer for a Husband for you.
Here are some other prayers that may be helpful to you
Jeremiah 29:11-13 Prayer
Prayer for Wisdom
Prayer of Faith
Regardless of our best intentions, there will always be times when even the best marriage will experience problems and issues. Instead of running away or refusing to face these problems, we should instead run to God, who can make things right.
And since the institution of marriage is His product, it therefore makes perfect sense that the maker and designer of this great product be consulted when there’s a problem. God is the one who knows what is wrong with your marriage and how to fix it.
The power of prayer cannot be overemphasised. Prayer can repair any relationship, no matter the level of damage. It can bring spouses together, no matter how sour their relationship has gotten.
Prayer can mend any damaged bridge, clear any confusion, straighten any heart, resolve any conflict, and heal any hurt. It can bring reconciliation to your marriage.
All you have to do is call upon God. Believe in his ability to answer your prayers, and remove any doubt from your heart (Mark 11:23).
It doesn’t matter if your own situation is that of a trouble relationship; a spouse who has left the matrimonial home; infidelity; confusion; breakdown in communication, or a marriage heading towards divorce. God wants, and is able, to heal your marriage. Nothing is impossible with God.
How to Use This Prayer Guideline
God has given man free will. He will not intervene in the affairs of man by forcing him to go against his own will. Neither can we control the behavior of another person.
What God does is to bring a change of heart and mind. And what we can do is pray to God and ask Him to touch the heart and mind of our spouse.
God will go to places we cannot, and do things that we can only dream of. Use these prayers as guidelines for how to pray for the resolution of all that ills your marriage.
When making these prayers, back them up with the Word of God. Engage the power and potency of the Word against the power of the enemies (Hebrews 4:12).
Personalize these prayers by replacing the parts of the prayers with your name and that of your spouse where applicable. After making these prayers, believe that God has answered and consolidate your victory by thanking God for the changes you hoped to see and the restoration of your marriage.
Below are the seven prayers that will help you bring back your focus on God, who alone is able to permanently heal and restore your marriage.
1. Blessings on my spouse and I
Father God, I thank you for who you are and for the promises that you have made concerning me and my spouse. Your Word is ever true and your promise of blessings and multiplication that you have promised me throughout the ages (Genesis 22:17; Hebrews 6:14) is forever mine, in Jesus name.
You have promised to bless me exceedingly and it is your heart’s desire to enlarge my coast. Every satanic covenant that is going against your continual and uninterrupted blessing in this marriage, I command the rain of fire to consume them, in Jesus name. I pray against every spirit of lack and wretchedness. Oh Lord, let your peace, joy, happiness, and comfort saturate this marriage in Jesus name.
2. Remove all negativity caused by external people
Lord, I come to you with this petition because I know that you have made me one flesh with my spouse and you have said that no man should come between us (Matthew 19:6).
So I take authority over every outside influence that is polluting our marriage. Every foreign power that’s manipulating this marriage is dealt a heavy blow in Jesus name.
Oh Lord, reveal their evil agenda. Expose them and bring their plan to nought.
I pray that their seed of discord, hatred, malice, and separation that has been sown is uprooted by fire, in Jesus name.
3. No weapon formed against our marriage shall prosper
Heavenly Father, I give you all praise and adoration, because your word is ever true. I give you thanks, because no weapon that is formed against this marriage will stand (Isaiah 54:17).
I declare that every arrow shot to destabilise this marriage is broken to pieces, in Jesus name.
With the spiritual authority given to me through Christ Jesus, I command the fire of God to consume every wedge that is meant to be put between me and my spouse, through bad and ungodly advice, and false teachings.
Every evil hand of demonic manipulation is crushed, in Jesus name. I retrieve my marriage from the jaws of the evil one, in Jesus name. Thank you, Abba Father, because IT IS DONE, in Jesus name.
4. Holy Spirit work in both of us to bring us closer to God and each other
Oh Lord, I believe you are working in my life and that of my spouse to reconcile us back to to you and to each other.
Lord, stir my spouse’s thoughts with the same good and loving thoughts that existed when our love for each other was still very strong.
Let my heart and that of my spouse burn in love for you and for each other.
Lord, rekindle our love for one another. Where ever my spouse needs understanding to be drawn to you, Father give him or her that understanding.
Lord heal each one of our emotional wounds and cause our hearts to be drawn towards each other in Jesus name. Amen.
5. Re-Build Trust and Honesty
Lord, it is your will that we be reconciled together and that our love for each other will grow and blossom, no matter what has happened between us in the past.
Lord, heal our marriage of all spiritual attacks and manipulations. Let this healing start with me. Lord, have mercy on our relationship and rebuild the trust and honesty that has eluded this marriage.
Lord, I command seven-fold restoration of the trust and honesty that the evil one has stolen from us, in Jesus name.
6. Remove bitterness, anger, and all manners of negative emotions.
Lord, deliver me and my spouse from the evil spirit of unforgiveness, hatred, anger, bitterness, and abuse that is poisoning our minds and relationship. Fill up every space in our hearts with your peace, love, joy so that there’s no room for negative emotions.
Lord teach us to treat one another with dignity, love, and respect.
Lord I asked for the grace and emotional strength to avoid the use of anger and unforgiveness as a weapon to fight against my spouse. I pray that we will no longer allow our emotions to be manipulated and used to drive a wedge between us, in Jesus name. Amen.
7. Give us the strength to work through our differences
Lord, thank you for the good work that you have started in my marriage. I know that you will do mite to the end. I ask for the strength to stay courageous and strong in your promises as you work out things in our marriage.
Replace every negative feeling with love and help us to work through our differences.
Every man or woman determined to scatter thus marriage will not succeed. Their evil plans will scatter in Jesus name.
I refuse to be tempted to try other alternatives. I will not be discouraged even if it seems that nothing is happening at the moment. Your word is greater and surer than any other power. So I choose to trust in you.
report this ad
Marriage Prayers – The Key Prayer in marriage is the key to a strong relationship, with each other and with God. Marriage was by God’s design (as shown in Genesis 2:18, 22-25) and shows us that a man and a woman are meant to “become as one”. Their prayers are a continual lifeline of nourishment that preserve this bond.
- Praying together brings couples into agreement as we petition God and thank Him for our blessings.
- Praying together is vital to a lasting marriage.
- Keeping God at the center of your marriage sustains the covenant between you.
Trust the Lord to help you build a healthy marriage with a harmony that goes beyond anything you can imagine without Him. Our partnered prayers result in the following:
- It develops a deeper ability for communication. This is fundamental to a real and long-lasting companionship.
- It provides the way to a humble heart. As we humble ourselves in prayer we are also humbled before our spouses, keeping us open, honest and sincere. This brings us into a closer intimacy with each other and strengthens mutual respect.
- Our marriage will build accountability as we pray together ‘for our marriage’ and the problems that arise. He will show us the solutions for working things out. By submitting ourselves to each other, we develop a deeper trust in our spouses and in the Lord (Ephesians 5:21-26).
- Nothing can be more valuable in the lives of children than the united prayers of their parents. In Matthew 18:19-20 Jesus says “…If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together because they are mine, I am there among them.”
Hebrews 13:4 says “Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage…” Pray together, and for each other, that you each remain faithful and enjoy the goodness of marriage. Romance is important (read the Song of Solomon together), commitment is vital; honesty is essential and prayer to the Lord necessary. Remember the words of this prayer when you go together before Him. It is by an unknown author, simple and sound.
Marriage Prayers– An Example Lord, help us to remember when we first met and the strong love that grew between us.
To work that love into practical things so nothing can divide us.
We ask for words both kind and loving
And hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.
Dear Lord, we put our marriage into your hands. Amen.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
– We have all
and deserve God’s judgment.
, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He
for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was
rose from the dead
according to the
. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your
, declaring, “
Jesus is Lord
,” you will be saved from
and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow JesusYes, I am already a follower of JesusI still have questions