Caring for different people every single day can take a toll on nurses. This goes particularly true with nurses working on the pediatric ward. Since patients in this area are more vulnerable to stress, pain and discomfort, it’s not enough for nurses to concentrate on their physical needs. Sending out prayers can help, too because inevitably, it’s so easy for these small people to capture our hearts again and again.
Below are some of the most powerful prayers for a sick child.
Prayer For A Sick Child In The Hospital
You’re with us.
Though you are not seen,
We know that you stay by our side.
You love us,
More than we could know,
And you feel each tear that we cry.
We trust you,
To take hold of our hands,
Until we’re recovered and well.
You promise to,
Comfort and care,
Until we are laughing and playing again.
Thank you Jesus.
Prayer To Restore A Sick Child’s Health
O Lord God, I come to You for help and succor.
You have afflicted my child .
Help me to understand that You mean well.
Give me grace to bear my child’s affliction with patience and strength.
Bless me, O Father, and restore my child to health.
Do not forsake us, but give us an assurance of Your loving Kingdom.
Bless this illness to me and my child , and help us both to be better children of Yours because of it.
In the name of Your Holy Son Jesus Christ. Amen!
Prayer To St. Nicholas For A Sick Child
Saint Nicholas, who like the Savior,
loved children so tenderly and gave generously to those in need,
listen to us who plead for this sick child
who is so dear to our hearts.
We thank God for the great gift of our child
and we pray that He relieve this child of pain
and free him/her from suffering.
Obtain strength when he/she is weary,
hope when discouraged,
and joy when downhearted.
May the Lord, through your intercession,
restore perfect health if such be His divine will.
These favors, we beg of you through your love for all children.
Prayer For A Sick Child Through St. Gerard
St. Gerard, who, like the Savior, loved children so tenderly and by your prayers freed many from disease and even death, listen to us who are pleading for our sick child. We thank God for the great gift of our son/daughter and ask Him to restore our child to health if such be His holy will. This favour, we beg of you through your love for all children and mothers.
Short Prayer for A Sick Child
Heavenly Father, watch over our child, and grant that he may be restored to that perfect health which it is yours alone to give; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer For A Sick Child With Chronic Illness
Dear God, I pray for (child’s name) as he/she deals with this (specific illness) so often. I know You are the Master Healer and that You also provide times that are symptom-free for this dear little one. Please comfort and protect this dear child during this hard time. Help them to know that they can come to You for the peace and health that only You can provide. Please be with the doctors as they continually study to find medicines and treatments that will comfort those that suffer from chronic illnesses. I leave this in Your precious hands oh God my Father. Amen
See Also: 9 Powerful Healing Prayers for Cancer Patients
Prayer For A Sick Child With Threatening Illness
Lord I come to You today to present (child’s name) to You. This very deadly sickness that is upon him/her is very sad to all who know and love him/her. I know that in times like this his/her Mommy and Daddy are in despair. Please keep them strong in You so that they can be a comfort to this dear little child. Please keep (child’s name) from being scared of what is happening all around him/her. I ask Your mercy so that pain would be minimal or nonexistence. I love this small and fragile little child. Bestow Your grace and peace to them and all who love them. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.
Prayer To Bring Healing To A Child
Lord, you love our child as You love all children, Bring healing to our child who is not well. Stay by his side and comfort him through this trying time. Keep us ever mindful of Your loving presence Bless us with Your powerful healing and comfort us also. Thank You for hearing our prayer!
See Also: 20 Short But Effective Prayers for Surgery
Before we go to sleep tonight, let’s offer a heartfelt prayer for a sick child somewhere out there.
♥ Connect with NurseBuff on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Bible Verses: Psalm. 121:1-8, Isaiah. 41:10, Isaiah. 43:1-5, Matt. 6:25-33, Psalm. 4:1, 3-8, Psalm. 23:1-6, Psalm. 90:1,. 2, 4, Psalm. 91:1-4, Rom. 8:35, 37-39, Matt. 7:7, 8, Matt. 11:28-30
Hospital is an institution providing medical and surgical treatment and nursing care for sick or injured people. Hospital bed is designed for hospitalized patients and those who needs a health care. It is the hospital bed that allows the doctor or nurses to examine the patients.
A person with serious health challenges can be instructed to go to the hospital bed, this is done to checkmate or run some tests after the complaints of the patients. All kinds of activities takes place in the hospital bed.
Exodus 15:26 “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.”
Some health care have different beds for various categories of patients ranging from pregnant women to nursing mothers, and other includes: hospital beds for patients. There are others that have beds specifically for patient who requires surgical operation.
So we can see that any person can be on the hospital bed for various purposes. But what I believe is this, If you are reading this article and you are currently on the hospital bed, receive your divine healing and restoration right now, in Jesus name.
Take these prayer weapons
- Sickness And Disease
- Prayers Before and During Operation
Prayers When On The Hospital Bed Some hospital beds can contribute to the health of the patient. For example, if you are on a bed that is not well dressed or not too strong, it is very certain you will be so uncomfortable.
The same applies to the bed sheet that has some dirties . With the help of wheels of the hospital beds, the patients can easily be moved to the destination point with minimal disturbance.
Matthew 11:28-29, ”Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”
A hospital bed is very important to the patients. One of its benefits includes: Ability to adjust head and feet, To have a reduced pain and good comfort. It makes a patient to relax and sleep very well. According to doctor, it is through the process of sleeping, that a patient can regain his health gradually.
The presence of the hospital beds in health centres should make the patient conscious of the Great Physician. What the patient needs most is courage and faith.
The above Bible test are but a sample selection of Scriptures which is necessary to encourage the sick people while on the hospital bed.
Spiritually too, a hospital bed can also be a spiritual imprisonment for many people. We have cases of patients who are subjected to the hospital bed for one health report or the other.
For example, once the devil see that a person has a wonderful destiny, he make sure he look for ways to paralyze the person through one bad instances that will force the man to stay more time in the hospital.
The enemy of our soul have continued to push people to the hospital bed. They pushed these people for their time to be delayed and opportunity to be wasted.
No matter how good hospital bed is, you will never be there, in Jesus name. There are some people that have been conditioned to a particular sickness or disease that force them to the hospital.
Every time they see the doctor for counseling, the doctor will write a report indicating their readiness to examine their health status on the hospital bed.
Hospital bed are designed for patients. As child of God, Jesus has declared us victorious over all kinds of sicknesses, diseases and infirmities.
We are never a friend of the hospital bed. Whatever will take us to the hospital, it shall be for good in Jesus name. To congratulate mother for a new born baby and never sorrow over a person. He says, for His stripes of Jesus, you are healed in Jesus name.
Receiving Treatments In The Hospital
- For HIV/AIDS: Receive your healing and the evil disease dry up in your body, in the name of Jesus.
- For Cancer: That spirit of cancer is out of your body now, in the name of Jesus.
- For Diabetes: Every spirit of diabetes assigned to kill you slowly, shall depart from you, in Jesus name.
- For Malaria/Fever/Typhoid: By the stripes of Jesus, you are healed, in the name of Jesus.
- For Fibroid: Let the hand of God, remove the fibroid and cleanse your system with the blood of Jesus.
- For Paralysis: Receive total healing to rise up and walk, in the name of Jesus.
- For persistent body pain and headache: Every arrow of sickness fired into your body shall backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- For Kidney problem: Every power that is using the demon of kidney problem to trouble you shall die, in the name of Jesus.
- For Sexually Transmission Disease (STI): Every long term infection in your body is hereby declared as dead parasites, in the name of Jesus.
- For Asthma: I destroy the root of asthma in your body, in the name of Jesus. You shall not die but live to declare the works of God, in Jesus name.
- For Heart disease: Your heart is functioning well, in the name of Jesus.
- For Stroke: I rebuke the spirit of stroke and paralysis in your life, in Jesus name
- For Ulcers: Those feeding your body with the bread of ulcer shall die, in Jesus name.
- For Brain and chest injury: That power that wants to kill you through this sickness shall die, in your place, in the name of Jesus.
DREAM THAT TAKES ONES TO THE HOSPITAL BED
- When find yourself eating in the dream
- When you find yourself drinking dirty water in the dream
- When you drink blood in the dream
- When you often pick snails from the ground
- When you see yourself in the hospital bed in the dream
No matter how beautiful is the hospital bed, you will not be there for bad purpose
INSTRUCTION: Embark on 3 days fasting and prayer with water fasting (6am -3pm). If you cannot take this water fasting, your friend, family, partner, etc can do that on your behalf. Read. Exodus 15:26, Psalm 41:3, Exodus 2:25. Bring out water and pray on it for 3 days. Drink the water and by faith, you are healed, in Jesus name.
PRAYERS WHEN ON THE HOSPITAL BED
- Father, have mercy and compassion for me and my sins, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, It is not my wish for me to be on the hospital bed, O God, heal me today, in the name of Jesus.
- My glory shall not expire on the hospital bed, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power that want to delay my destiny on the hospital bed, backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- My head reject sickness unto disease and death, in the name of Jesus.
- My body system, hear the word of the Lord, reject long term sickness and infirmity, in the name of Jesus.
- I fire back every arrow of sudden health problems, in the name of Jesus.
- Those who want to waste my destiny through my problems, scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- By fire, by force, I am walking in divine health, in the name of Jesus.
- Every agenda of the enemy to put me in the sick bed, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Any sickness or disease that want to bring separation between me and God, I cast you out, in the name of Jesus.
- You sickness, disease………(Call the names), you have no power over me, so therefore, be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
- Any power that says no drugs or medication shall restore my health, dry up by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, deliver me from any kinds of strange disease or infection, in the name of Jesus.
- My health, hear the word of the Lord, be restored back in the name of Jesus.
- I challenge my body with the healing fire of God, in the name of Jesus
- Ancestral powers, appearing in my dream to arrest my health, your time is up, die, in the name of Jesus.
- I challenge anything moving around my body. I drink the blood of Jesus to stop the operation of the enemy concerning my health, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power swallowing my health, vomit them in the name of Jesus.
- Thou power of spiritual sickness, receive termination, in the name of Jesus.
- Every wicked device against my health, receive fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every habitation of the wicked around me, come out and die, in the name of Jesus.
- My body, reject any strange sickness or disease, in the name of Jesus.
- Whatever my Father has not planted in my body, be rooted out by the blood of Jesus.
- O Lord, I retrieve my healing which the enemy is using to purnish me, in the name of Jesus.
- Any evil hand that wants to put sickness in my body, dry up and wither, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall not be a candidate of sickler, in the name of Jesus.
- You sickness, infirmity in my body, I command you to leave my life alone, in the name of Jesus
- Power of God, uproot generation sickness from my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Arrows of sickness originating from idolatry, loose your hold, in the name of Jesus.
- Thou dark power of my father’s house repeating sickness and affliction in my life, die, in the name of Jesus
- Every cycle of sickness and affliction of the evil powers of my father’s house, break, in the name of Jesus.
- Any power assigned to be troubling my health, destroyed yourself, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall not used my mouth to speak sickness into my life. I speak life unto myself, and I speak destruction unto all my enemies and all their weapons against me, in the name of Jesus.
- Every satanic spirit hiding in my body, I command you to jump out and die by fire in the name of Jesus.
PREGNANT WOMEN ON HOSPITAL BED
CONFESSION: Jeremiah 32:17, 20:10-12, Psalm 35:1-8, 68:1-2, Isa. 54:17, Gen. 21:1-3.
36. I shall deliver my baby successfully, in the name of Jesus.
37. Every power that want to spoil my pregnancy, you are a liar, die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
38. You household power that has refuse to turn back, be roasted by fire, in Jesus name.
39. My womb is covered with the blood of Jesus.
40. Any power, any spirit or any personality using the wind against my getting pregnant, I decree now, run mad and go into the forest in Jesus name.
41. You generational power of darkness of my father’s house that is against my childbearing, perish by fire in Jesus name.
42. Power of darkness from the trees that does not want my womb to have good fruit, I uproot the tree and I set you ablaze in the name of Jesus.
43. Power of evil spirit from my village, at the T-junction that is following me about to destroy good things in my marriage fire of the God of Elijah consume them to ashes in Jesus name.
44. Evil power against my pregnancy, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
45. I shall not leave this hospital in tears and sorrow, in the name of Jesus.
46 Evil stone of witchcraft in my womb that does not allow pregnancy to stay, fire of the Holy Ghost melt them away in Jesus name.
47. Every evil eye in my womb that is looking at me in my hospital bed and does not allow me to bear this child, receive blindness and die in the name of Jesus.
48. Every curse of miscarriage after this pregnancy, byepass me, in the name of Jesus.
49. Any creature, dark power that is using fat to block my womb and that does not allow baby to stay in my womb, power of God from on high fall on them and destroy them in Jesus name
50. Father Lord, disgrace my enemies in Jesus name.
51. O Lord, break the store house of witchcraft where they kept my womb in Jesus name.
52. Good door that has been shut against my marriage, be opened in the Jesus name
53. O Lord kill the strange spirit that does not want us to the hear the cry of a baby in our marriage in the Jesus name
54. Power of God that does not allow good things to be destroyed enter into my life.
Name: Tom Billings, Jr.
Medical Crisis That Prayer Has Been Requested For:
Stage Four Lung & Liver Cancer Diagnosis
What’s Your Family Like:
We are a very close family.
What are your passions in life?
My family and spiritual life.
What are your fears?
I have none.
…and your dreams?
To be cured.
What’s your favorite food and musician or band?
Grilled pork chops are my favorite and I enjoy listening to Kari Jobe and Adele
Do you have any regrets in life?
What is the best advice you have for those that read about and pray for you here?
Live everyday like it’s your last day.
My Experience With The Billings:
“I’m not afraid to die,” Mr. Billings told me as we were eating dinner in his living room this past Wednesday night. “I can’t wait to get to Heaven to see my Mom and Dad,” he added just after he told me he was considering not even going through chemo and radiation treatments for the stage-four lung and liver cancer he had just been diagnosed with a few days prior that. He told me this right in front of his 25-year-old daughter, Michelle.
My heart ached for her, her little sister Morgan, and their mom and Mr. Billing’s wife of thirty years, Terri. Tom’s quality of life had been in such a bad state for so long that Michelle told me the cancer diagnosis was actually somewhat of a blessing due to the pain that his daughters had seen him in since they were little girls. Michelle told me they really had never seen their father not in a state of pain. Tom first hurt his back in a motorcycle accident in the late 80’s; then in 1994, while he was a builder and real estate developer, he fell and severely damaged the nerves in his foot and ankle. This nerve damage actually spread and began giving him a constant burning and stinging pain in both his legs and feet. He continued to work with this pain for five years after that, until it finally got so bad that he had to go on disability.
In 2002 he was diagnosed with interstitial cystitis, a painful bladder infection. Then in 2008, he had to have surgery on his hip due to congenital issues that were causing him severe pain. The results of his back injury from the motorcycle accident in the late eighties began to catch up with him. He had numerous herniated discs and also discovered he had been born with spinal stenosis.
These problems came to a head in 2010, when he woke up one morning and his right foot no longer functioned. His doctors told him that compression on a nerve in the spinal area caused the issue, so he underwent back surgery to correct it. He began to regain the control and use of that foot after about six months, but unfortunately complications from this surgery lead to severe chronic pain and also prevented him from ever being able to stand up straight again. He endured three more spinal surgeries to reverse these unexpected results, all of which were unsuccessful. Lucky for Tom, his physical therapist and a founder of Advanced Rehabilitation, Sam Echols, is one of the best therapists in the country and helped ease the pain and improve Tom’s quality of life as much as possible throughout the whole ordeal.
Every step of the way, Tom’s wife Terri stuck by his side. “There’s very few women like her left,” Tom says. As a respiratory therapist, she has provided for him and their girls when what he received from disability would have just not been enough. And the excellent health insurance she has through her job at Redmond Regional Medical Center has been an essential element in his medical care. Props to Terri for setting such a good example to her girls of sticking by their fathers side in sickness and in health.
As I left that night, Morgan walked me out to my truck, thanked me, and hugged me, crying, knowing that her dad only had a few more months left at best. They had not had a family photo done since she and Michelle were little girls, and that is something her dad wanted done before he began to look sick from the cancer. I have given up so much for this career in photography I have. It has been so frustrating, on so many levels, on so many occasions. But I tell you: I drove away from there that night with tears in my eyes, thanking God for putting me on this earth and giving me the ability to do these photos for them. Never have I felt so strongly about being right where He wanted me to be in life, doing exactly what He wanted me to do.
Please, I beg you, share this post with others, and to send your prayers, good karma, happy thoughts — whatever you want to call it — out to Mr. Billings and his family. My God listens to all of those things, and all of you.