The Chichicastenango Guatemala area is a worn and torn land rich in Mayan culture and traditions. The Pray America/Manos de Jesus ministry began serving the local Mayan people in 2003 with James 1:27 as a foundation. Though many churches and short-term teams have partnered with our ministry, there is still much ministry and much work to be done.
We invite you on this journey with us. This is a life-long journey in pursuit of the heart of God. Much ministry is still needed to continue bringing the hope of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Chichicastenango, one soul at a time. As St. Francis of Assisi once said: “Preach the Gospel at all times, and when necessary, use words”.
Why 12 O’Clock?
Significant happenings in scripture at noon!
• Acts 26:13 – It was about noon when Saul had the encounter with Christ and was changed to another man.
• I Kings 18:26 – It happened at noon when the prophets of Baal stopped and Elijah began to speak & mock them
• Acts 10:9 – Peter praying at noon it was revealed to him that the Gospel was to be taken to the gentiles
• John 4:6 – at noon Jesus speaks to Samaritan woman at Jacobs well about living water that will never thirst again
• In New York in 1857, a great financial crisis caused widespread panic. In response, a businessman, Jeremiah Lanphier, sent out the invitation to join him at twelve o’clock noon every Wednesday in earnest prayer for the city and situation. The account is, what began with six people praying every Wednesday eventually became ten thousand praying every day in New York. This flood of prayer began to overflow to the churches praying in the evenings. As this daily prayer movement spread, church bells would ring as a signal for people to unite in prayer at 6:00 a.m., twelve o’clock noon, and 6:00 p.m. The result: millions were saved and the launch of moral and social reforms.
Everywhere – at Home, at Work, at School, around a Flag pole at Government buildings. We invite you – businessmen, Pastors, and Christians everywhere to begin inviting people to join you at noon to pray for our nation.
How to Pray:
“Nation-Changing Prayer” is 3 fold:
1. Pure—no hidden sin or unforgiveness.
This requires a genuine repentance to position us for effective, unhindered prayer. For it is the effective fervent prayer of the righteous that is powerful and effective (James 5:16).
2. Passionate—fervent prayer of the righteous is very effective.
3. Persistent—relentless until will see the answers.
Daily prayer for our churches and nation is required before we will see everything change.
We are asking everyone to pray for:
1. A Great Awakening and outpouring of God’s Spirit all across America, and a Great Reformation.
2. The Pulpits: Pastors – to humbly unite and lead their Churches in genuine repentance and prayer.
3. The Pews: For the Church to be a House of Prayer. For a cleansing and purifying.
4. The Multitudes: For the lost to be saved, the prodigals to come home. And the Nation to humble itself, acknowledge and turn back to God.
5. For Israel & the peace of Jerusalem
For more details see our Top 5 Prayer Guide.
“PRAY, AMERICA! PRAY!” – EVERYDAY!
We want to thank our partners in this Virtual Prayer Meeting – Radio Training Network and their incredible Prayer & Crisis hot line team. You can become a prayer line volunteer without leaving home by committing as few as two hours a week. The RTN Prayer and Crisis Referral team will train you, provide response materials, and you can become a part of a national network of wonderful volunteers who receive over 12,000 calls a month from hurting people across the nation who simply need a comforting voice and moment with someone in prayer. Last year, almost 20,000 gave their hearts to Christ on this wonderful volunteer line. Call 866-965-1824. Or, send an email to [email protected]
Connect to JoyFM Florida – Georgia – Alabama HIS Radio – HIS Radio WRTP KWND – KWFC – WAFJ
“If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.” – Ronald Reagan
In 2 Chronicles 7:14 God promises that if Christians will humble themselves and pray and repent from their sins, He will heal our land:
“If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
Let’s claim this promise! Pray that America will turn back to God, that God will intervene in the affairs of America and that once again God will bless our land.
My church, a small church in north Louisiana, believes that America’s hope lies in prayer – Christians asking God to heal our land. The following items were designed as reminders:
reminders to pray
reminders of the power that we have through prayer
and reminders of the privilege that is available to us as God’s children
We hope that you will find something that you, your church or your organization can use. This is not a fund raiser, so you can order the items directly from the supplier at their cost.
We pray that petitions to God and revival in the hearts of Americas will spread across our country, and that we will once again be “One Nation Under God”.
For ordering information see below:
|Pray for America Pin
This soft enamel lapel pin is 1 1/4 inches wide and can be attached to cards which tell the purpose of the pins. In addition to serving as a reminder to pray, they also can be distributed among family and friends to encourage them to join us in prayer.
The price of the pins is considerably smaller when purchased in larger quantities. You may wish to combine with another church or organization in order to reduce your cost. These pins can be ordered at the following prices plus shipping and sales tax:
Crowder Concepts, Advertising Specialty Co.
|Pray for America Pin Card
Pin Cards can be purchased from:
Davis & Associates
The cost of 1 package of 100 cards is $6.50 plus shipping and handling.
|Town & Country Bookmark
Side one of this bookmark is a reminder to pray for America. Some prayer concerns are listed as guides to use as you pray.
Side two is a reminder to pray for your hometown. The company will print the name of your town on each bookmark. Since America is made up of many, many towns, what better way to start a revival spreading across our country than for Christians to pray for their family, friends, and neighbors at home?
Keep a bookmark wherever you have your daily prayer time. Giving bookmarks to shut-ins and nursing home residents is an excellent way to include some of God’s best prayer warriors in our goal to turn America back to God.
The bookmarks can be purchased at the following prices plus shipping and handling. You may want to join other churches in your area and place a larger order.
Ask about any current discounts being offered.
*When ordering, please refer to:
First Baptist Church, Arcadia, LA
|“Prayer – America’s Only Hope” Bumper Stickers & Yard Signs
Orders from across the country have been coming in for these Yard Signs and Bumper Stickers. In the near future, we hope to see many more in yards and on vehicles throughout America.
These Yard Signs can be ordered from:
First Baptist Church
(Community Menu: FBC Store)
These prices include shipping and handling. They also include metal stakes.
Bumper Stickers are $1.00 each plus shipping and handling. They can be ordered by calling:
First Baptist Church
– back to top