Do you need a prayer for surgery? Even if nurses take care of hundreds of patients and see them being wheeled into the operating room, we can never be too tired to send out a wish and a prayer for a successful surgery.
Here are 20 short but powerful prayers for nurses, doctors, and patients.
- 1 PRAYERS FOR NURSES
- 2 1Prayer For Guidance
- 3 2Prayer For Righteous Judgement
- 4 3Prayer For A Patient’s Recovery
- 5 4Prayer For A Patient’s Continued Health
- 6 5Prayer For After Surgery
- 7 6Prayer For Strength And Healing
- 8 7Prayer For Jesus’ Healing Hands
- 9 8Prayer For Quick Recovery
- 10 9Prayer For Recovery
- 11 PRAYERS FOR DOCTORS
- 12 10Prayer For Skill
- 13 11Prayer For Guidance
- 14 12General Prayer For Healing
- 15 PATIENTS’ PRAYER FOR SURGERY
- 16 13Prayer For A Successful Operation
- 17 14Prayer Before Surgery
- 18 15Prayer For Healing
- 19 16Prayer Before Surgery
- 20 17Prayer For Preparation Before A Surgery
- 21 18Prayer From Deuteronomy
- 22 19Prayer After Surgery
- 23 20Healing Prayer
- 24 Bible verses for surgery
- 25 12 Steps Found in Scripture from the Life Recovery Bible
PRAYERS FOR NURSES
1Prayer For Guidance
Heavenly Father, please take my hands and guide them. Grant me the strength to help my patients and their families. The skill to ease their suffering the understanding to diagnose their needs. The kindness of heart to care for them and reassure their fear. Please be beside me on each and every case as I rely on you the greatest of healers. Amen.
2Prayer For Righteous Judgement
God, the greatest master of healing arts, bless us and guide us. Make us your instrument in alleviating the pains of your ailing servants. Make our eyes alert, our hands skillful and sensitive, and fill our mental faculties with keenness to make righteous judgment so that others may live. Amen.
3Prayer For A Patient’s Recovery
I said a prayer for you today, that God would touch you with His healing hand and give you the comfort and peace you need to get through.
4Prayer For A Patient’s Continued Health
I said a prayer for you today, and know that God must have heard. I felt the answer in my heart although He spoke not a word. I didn’t ask for wealth or fame (I know you wouldn’t mind). I asked Him to send treasures of a far more lasting kind! I asked that He’d be near you at the start of each new day; to grant you health and blessings and friends to share your way. I asked for happiness for you in all things great and small. But it was for His loving care I prayed for most of all!
5Prayer For After Surgery
O merciful Father in heaven, thank You for being with (name of person) while he/she was in surgery. Thank You for blessing the surgeon with the skill and knowledge needed to do his/her work and safely bringing (name person) through this operation. O gracious Father, bring healing to (name person) and bless him/her with the best care possible as he/she recovers. Continue to bless him/her with your tender care. Grant him/her patience during his/her recuperation, help him/her grow in strength each day, and bring him/her to full recovery quickly, without any setbacks. Amen.
6Prayer For Strength And Healing
At every moment of our existence your are present to us God, in gentle compassion. Help us to be present to one another so that our presence may be a strength that heals the wounds of time, and gives hope that is for all persons, through Jesus our compassionate brother.
7Prayer For Jesus’ Healing Hands
Heavenly Father, we pray that You will lay your healing Hands upon all those who are sick. We beg You to have compassion on all those who are suffering so that they may be delivered from their pitiful circumstances. In Jesus, we pray. Amen.
8Prayer For Quick Recovery
May the love of Jesus and His healing power touch you in a special way this very hour. May the Savior’s strong arms and prayers of special friends embrace and hold you close until your body mends.
9Prayer For Recovery
Today I lifted up your name before the Lord in prayer. I asked him to supply your needs, and keep you in his care. I pled with him to make you well, and take away your illness and pain, like the sunshine chases rain. Amen.
PRAYERS FOR DOCTORS
10Prayer For Skill
Dear God, These strong gloved fingers which I flex, this human hand which holds the knife, sterile now and steady – need thy guiding skill to help another life. Bless now this patient – thine and mind – who, under thee entrusts to me a precious life! God of the surgeon’s tireless strength, the surgeon’s finite skill, grant that I may be guided to do thy will. Amen.
11Prayer For Guidance
Dear God, These fragile hands that cut the flesh, steady them as if at rest. Bless this patient yours and mine whose very life is your design. Almighty God I do pray guide my hand as I work today! Amen.
Also Read: 35 Nurse’s Prayers That Will Inspire Your Soul
12General Prayer For Healing
Pour out, thy healing Angels, thy heavenly host upon me, and upon those that I love, let me feel the beam of thy healing Angels upon me. The light of your healing hands, I will let thy healing begin, whatever way God grants it, Amen.
PATIENTS’ PRAYER FOR SURGERY
13Prayer For A Successful Operation
Loving Father, I entrust myself to your care this day. Guide with wisdom and skill the minds and hands of the medical people who minister in your Name, and grant that every cause of illness be removed. That I may be restored to soundness of health and learn to live in more perfect harmony with you and with those around me. Through Jesus Christ. Amen. Into your hands, I commend my body and my soul. Amen.
14Prayer Before Surgery
O Jesus Christ, Messiah and Lord, grant me joyful acceptance of the surgery which awaits me, and let this be the relief and cure which I seek. Make skilled the work of the surgeon and that of his team for it is unto their knowledge and skill that I give myself for healing. I pray You, O Lord, that this procedure will be without complication, and that my recovery will be speedy and complete. Amen.
15Prayer For Healing
O God, the source of all health. Fill my heart with faith. Be near me in times of weakness and pain Although I know You are in control, I am apprehensive about what faces me. You made me, loved me, and have provided my surgeon with needed skill to perform a miracle in my behalf. Sustain me by Your grace that my strength and courage may not fail. Heal me according to Your will. Amen.
16Prayer Before Surgery
Loving Father, as I face this new experience in these different surroundings, I come to You for courage, wisdom and peace of mind. I know that Your Healing Power is here both in me and my doctor. I trust his skill and wisdom, and he tender care of the nurses. Dear Lord, take over this operation and let Your Power be felt through all these forces. Let Your Perfect Wholeness be mine, that I may live to glorify You in every area of my life. I pray all this in the Powerful Name of Jesus, my Lord and Saviour. Amen.
17Prayer For Preparation Before A Surgery
Lord Jesus, help me as I prepare for this operation. In Your love, guard and protect me through the skills of the doctors and the care of everyone else. Bring me back to health and full recovery. Lord Jesus, I praise You forever and ever. Amen.
18Prayer From Deuteronomy
Lord, help me suffering to lead me to return to You with a repentant heart; ready to follow Your commands and praise Your Name for Your patience with me. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Also Read: 50 Best Bible Verses for Nurses
19Prayer After Surgery
Blessed Savior, I thank you that this operation is safely past, and now I rest in your abiding presence, relaxing every tension, releasing every care and anxiety, receiving more and more of your healing life into every part of my being. In moments of pain, I turn to you for strength. In times of loneliness I feel your loving nearness. Grant that your life and love and joy may flow through me for the healing of others in your name. Amen.
Lord Jesus, heal me. Heal in me whatever You see needs healing. Heal me of whatever might separate me from you. Heal my memory, heal my heart, heal my body, heal my soul. Lay Your hands gently upon me and heal me through Your love for me. Amen.
We hope that you found an appropriate prayer for surgery and that your patients go home happy and healthy.
For comments and suggestions, feel free to post in our FB page!
♥ Connect with NurseBuff on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Bible verses for surgery
Having gone into surgery twice I know it can be a scary time not only for you, but for your family as well. Rest assure that God is in control of the situation. Keep your mind on Christ and your mind will be at peace.
Before surgery, look over these Scriptures to give you comfort and draw near to the Lord in prayer.
Tell the Lord all that is on your mind. Leave it all in God’s hands. Ask the Holy Spirit to comfort you. Trust that you are secure in our omnipotent God.
- “Let your faith be bigger than your fears.”
- “Nothing can shake those who are secure in god’s hands.”
- “The perfect cure for worry is trust in god.”
1. 2 Timothy 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2. Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you! Don’t be frightened, for I am your God! I strengthen you–yes, I help you–yes, I uphold you with my saving right hand!
3. Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
4. Psalm 23:3-4 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
Put it into God’s hands
5. 2 Corinthians 1:9 We felt we were doomed to die and saw how powerless we were to help ourselves; but that was good, for then we put everything into the hands of God, who alone could save us, for he can even raise the dead.
6. Psalm 138:8 The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever– do not abandon the works of your hands.
What does the Bible say?
7. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.
8. Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
9. Psalm 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
10. Psalm 91:14-15 “Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name. “He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.
Prayer before surgery
11. Philippians 4:6-7 Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
12. 1 Peter 5:7 Turn all your anxiety over to God because he cares for you.
13. Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.
14. Psalm 50:15 Call on me in times of trouble. I will rescue you, and you will honor me.
15. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
16. Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.
17. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths smooth.
18. Psalm 9:10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
19. Psalm 71:5 For You are my hope; O Lord GOD, You are my confidence from my youth.
20. Jeremiah 30:17 But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the LORD, because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.
21. 2 Corinthians 4:17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison.
22. Psalm 91:11 For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go.
23. Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
24. 1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
25. Mark 5:34 And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over.”
Psalm 121:3 He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.
Prayer Before Surgery
Before surgery, it’s important to turn to God and ask Him to enable you to trust in a good outcome. Call on God to help you contribute your own share of optimism and confidence. Also, call on God to keep far from you any presumptions that it all depends exclusively on you. Welcome His presence into your surgery. If you’re looking for strength and healing before a surgery, pray this prayer: Heavenly Father, grant me joyful acceptance of the surgery which awaits me, and let this be the relief and cure which I seek. Make skilled the work of the surgeon and that of his team for it is unto their knowledge and skill that I give myself for healing. I pray to You, O Lord, that this procedure will be without complication, and that my recovery will be speedy and complete. Amen.
The Life Recovery Bible clearly outlines the 12 steps found in scripture for those with faith attempting to work a 12 step program. Below is a list of the 12 steps and where they can be found in scripture to help Christians incorporate their faith in God into their drug rehab program. Lakeview Health’s addiction counseling staff is equipped to help addicts make the changes needed to remain sober while encouraging their faith in God. Bible verses for addiction recovery will help guide you in making a solid foundation in your Christian recovery.
12 Steps Found in Scripture from the Life Recovery Bible
1) We admitted we were powerless over alcohol – that our lives had become unmanageable.
Romans 7:18 “And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t.”
2) Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. Philippians 2:13 “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.”
3) Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him. Luke 9:23 “Then he said to the crowd, if any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me.”
4) Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Lamentations 3:40 “Instead, let us test and examine our ways. Let us turn back to the Lord.”
5) Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. James 5:16 “Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.”
6) We’re entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character. James 4:10 “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.”
7) Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings. 1 John 1:9 “But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.”
8) Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and become willing to make amends to them all. Luke 6:31 “Do to others as you would like them to do to you.”
9) Made a direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. Matthew 5: 23-24 “So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the alter. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God.”
10) Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. Romans 12:3 “Because of the privilege and authority God has given me, I give you this warning: Don’t think you are better than you really are. Be honest in your evaluation of yourselves, measuring yourselves by the faith God has given us.”
11) Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out. Psalm 19:14 “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.”
12) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs. Galatians 6:1 “Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.”
This overview of the 12 steps found in scripture is used at Lakeview Health as part of Christian drug treatment. Our specialized drug and alcohol rehab program is designed to give Christians an opportunity to stop their substance abuse and reconnect with God. If you or a loved one is suffering from addiction, have faith in God, choosing our program may be one of the best decisions you ever make.