Enjoy reading and share 1 famous quotes about Praying For Someone In The Hospital with everyone.
“You want to know what Im afraid of? Im afraid of every morning when I wake up that this will be the day when I can no longer move for myself. I know its coming. Its just a matter of time until I have no choice, except to have someone else clothe me, feed me. Change my diaper. And I cant stand it. (Adron) Then why dont you kill yourself? Why are you still here? (Livia) Because every time I think of doing that, I can hear my family praying over me while I was in the hospital. I hear my mother weeping, my father begging me not to die on them. I could never intentionally hurt them that way. It would devastate them both, and while Im a pathetic asshole, Im not that selfish. (Adron)”
— Sherrilyn Kenyon —
Alphabets Love Quotes
“Later I will see there is a poem on the back of each wing. Poems that are not about us, but are about” — David Levithan
Old Made New Quotes
“Weve built a new Earth. Its not as nice as the old one; its the greatest mistake humans have ever made, one that” — Bill McKibben
Cable Installer Quotes
“Suits fans. Ive never met a more diverse audience: across gender, race, class. Its incredible. People who are high-powered lawyers to doormen. A” — David Costabile
Quotes About A Clean Desk
“Vimes had got around to a Clean Desk policy. It was a Clean Floor strategy that eluded him at the moment.” — Terry Pratchett
Quotes About Guys Not Being Worth It
“We have babies because we want them to love us, to make us important, but the only make us tired and fat and” — Laura Wiess
Le Bonheur Quotes
“And now, as George pours the vodka (giving her a light one, to slow her down) and the scotch (giving himself a heavier” — Christopher Isherwood
Cold Morning Quotes
“What they held was already inside me, and together we could get away. And standing over the smoldering pile of paper and type,” — Jeanette Winterson
Quotes About Nonfiction
“People and places are the twin pillars on which most nonfiction is built. Every human event happens somewhere, and the reader wants to” — William Zinsser
Quotes About 1919 World Series
“Who is he anyhow, an actor?” “No.” “A dentist?” ” … No, hes a gambler.” Gatsby hesitated, then added cooly: “Hes the man” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
1 Liner Quotes
“The one-liner of this movie , youve probably heard before: A guy goes home to his family and finds out about” — John Krasinski
Chicken Dinner Quotes
“Its not about having things figured out, or about communicating with other people, trying to make them understand what you understand. Its about” — Ann Beattie
Knowledge Through Reading Quotes
“Reading these books. Oh, the endless labor of the intellectual—pouring all this knowledge into the brain through a three-millimeter aperture in the iris.” — Irvin D. Yalom
Madras Day Quotes
“Bombay, you will be told, is the only city India has, in the sense that the word city is understood in the West.” — Khushwant Singh
F 451 Fire Quotes
“It was a pleasure to burn. It was a special pleasure to see things eaten, to see things blackened and changed. With the” — Ray Bradbury
Fourth Comings Quotes
“I didnt make The New York Times bestseller list until Charmed Thirds, and then again for Fourth Comings. It gave me a certain” — Megan McCafferty
Last updated: January 4, 2018
Prayers for healing can illustrate firsthand the incredible power of prayer. Through prayer for the sick and poor in health, we can find comfort in the most trying of times. Use these prayers, and keep them in your heart so they can remind you of God’s nearness.
The following prayers have been curated by pastors and clergy, while some come from rare, out-of-print prayer books.
God has been in the business of answering prayers for healing for a long time. Use these prayers as examples, and submit your own public prayer request at the bottom of this page.
Table of contents
- 1 Renew My Mind, Body and Soul
- 2 To Heal a Friend
- 3 A Prayer for Healing a Loved One
- 4 A Prayer to Jesus for Healing
- 5 A Prayer Against Disease
- 6 My Lighthouse of Hope
- 7 A Prayer for Doctor’s Wisdom
- 8 A Prayer to Ease Pain
- 9 What does the Bible say about healing?
- 10 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Healing”
- 11 Recent prayer requests…
- 12 6 Best Ways to Make a Friend’s Hospital Stay Better
Renew My Mind, Body and Soul
Lord, I come before you today in need of your healing hand.
In you all things are possible. Hold my heart within yours, and renew my mind, body, and soul.
I am lost, but I come to you with grace.
You gave us life, and you also give us the gift of
infinite joy. Give me the strength to move forward on the path you’ve laid out for me.
Guide me towards better health, and give me the wisdom to identify those you’ve placed
around me to help me get better.
In your name I pray, Amen.
To Heal a Friend
Think, o God, of our friend who is ill, whom we now commend to Your compassionate regard.
Comfort him upon his sickbed, and ease his suffering. We beg for deliverance, and submit
that no healing is too hard for the Lord, if it be His will.
We therefore pray that You bless our friend with Your loving care, renew his strength,
and heal what ails him in Your loving name.
Thank You, Lord.
A Prayer for Healing a Loved One
All our times are in Thy hand.
All diseases come at Thy call, and go at Thy bidding.
Thou redeemest our life from destruction, and crownest us with loving kindness and tender mercies.
We bless Thee, that Thou hast heard prayer, and commanded deliverances for our friend and
Thy servant, who has been under Thine afflicting hand.
He (or she) was brought low, but Thou hast helped him (her).
May he (she) not only live, but declare the works of the Lord!
As Thou hast delivered his eyes from tears, his feet from falling, and his soul from death,
may he daily inquire:What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits towards me,and
resolve to offer unto Thee the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and to call upon the name of the Lord.
May we ever remember that recovery is only a reprieve and
that some day we will go to our rest in the Lord.
May we therefore secure the righteous path and live with eternity ever in our view.
A Prayer to Jesus for Healing
Dear Lord, You are the Just judge, Holy and True. You are the Most High God. You give us life.
You hold all power in your hands.
You are the Mighty one from God who carries the world, and is ruler over all the earth.
You Oh Most Blessed One are the giver of life. In you are only good things.
In you is mercy and love. In you is healing of the nations.
In you is freedom of worry and freedom of pain.
Lord Almighty, You loved us so much. You were sent from your Father,
sent to save us from destruction. We truly can never make it to Heaven without the help of Jesus the Son,
who was sent to earth to help us.
You, Lord are full of mercy and grace, please forgive us for our faults.
Lord Jesus, in you all healing is performed. You Lord are the miracle worker.
In your Spirit, your gift of healing is alive. In you Lord we can put our trust that you can heal us,
and protect us from the enemy, and death of our soul.
You, Lord are miracle worker for the sick, and for the lost souls.
You, Lord forgive us and save us from condemnation. You cleanse us and make us born again new.
You give us a clean heart full of peace. You Lord are the Light.
In You is all truth. Your way Lord is the way to Heavenly Hope.
Your hands Lord created the universe. You Lord are the True giver of Life.
Every child is a miracle of Life. Life rests in Your Hands.
Wrap us as a close knit family, draw us near to you Lord, and bind us with your Loving Hands.
Let us be drawn closer to You. You are the Vine, dear Lord and we are the branches.
You carry all knowledge and all power. You Lord are our medicine. Your Words Lord are Truth and Life.
Help us put our trust in You. You Lord are the greatest physician.
You heal, You protect, You care, You love, You are kind, You are patient,
You are thoughtful, You are strength. You Lord are our Creator.
You know our thoughts, our sighings and our cryings and every hair on our head.
You are Wonderful and make all good things for us. Heal us Lord, if it be Your will.
A Prayer Against Disease
Lord, Your scripture says that you heal all diseases and whoever believes in You will not perish but have an everlasting life. Strengthen me, Lord, in this time of illness. Sustain him as he lays sick in his bed. When You were on Earth, you did all things good and healed all kinds of sickness.
You healed those who had diseases. You died and rose for our sins and that we may have eternal life, Lord. I believe in my heart that You are here with us today and that with Your most holy power will remove all sicknesses and evils that roam the earth. Let it be done in Your glory, Lord.
We praise and glorify Your name, Amen.
My Lighthouse of Hope
Most gracious and loving Father, I want to thank You for all the blessings Youve given me, my family and friends and all those I hold dear.
Thank You Lord for giving me another day to see the beauty of your creations. You know the state of crisis that I am in now Lord. I want to be of use again to You, Lord. In the time of my hospitalization, You Lord remain as my rock and my anchor.
You stand as my lighthouse giving me hope. I pray Lord that you will heal me soon.
In Jesus name, Amen.
A Prayer for Doctor’s Wisdom
Dear Lord, Guide my doctor’s hands and give him wisdom.
Show him the way and help him to heal me.
I put my faith in you and the medical professionals that you have brought to me.
A Prayer to Ease Pain
Almighty Father, Thank you for your love, grace and mercy. I pray that my discomforts will turn to comforts, my pains to gains, my deprivation to more blessings, my losses to profits, my tear to smiles, my sorrows to pleasures, my illness to wellness, my debts to credits and my dreams to realities.
As the scripture said “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” And he “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
I trust in you Lord and in you alone to heal me with any form of skepticism towards blessing that you will be employed upon me. I trust, Lord, that this agony and suffering that is only in my head, will come to end and positivism will shine upon me as I read, hear, study and preach the truth in the Bible.
What does the Bible say about healing?
“Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he binds up; he shatters, but his hands heal.”
“And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospelof the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.”
“And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spoke unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.”
“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that you may be healed. The fervent prayer of a righteous man is effective and has great strength.”
Often times, it is good to look towards the scriptures for truth and understanding of this world. Click here to read more Bible verses about Healing or Life.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Healing”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Heal your child- Oh Almighty, thank you for your great kindness that you showered on Anurag all these years. I totally understand that you hate what his illness… …
- To be healed from neck degenerative disk disease- To be healed from neck degenerative disk disease, multiple painful bone spurs, multiple levels of the unstable cervical spine, spinal stenosis, multiple levels of narrowing… …
- Help me- I lost my little brother at the age of 50 we had no idea how sick he was, in the past year I have lost… …
- Physical healing- Please urgently pray 22 Dec at 10:28 AM Please pray for Silroy boss to simply not some other employees temper on Silroy in the morning… …
- Healing- Please that the family member diagnosed with liver problems may be healed and take on a healthy lifestyle and positivity. thank you …
- Healing prayer- Dear father in heaven please forgive all my past sins up to today I ask for forgiveness, father help me I ask you to heal… …
- Healing after surgery- I ask the Almighty God to have mercy on Larisa my mother who had an invasive surgery, which cost her her stomach and spleen. That… …
- Pain Relief- Please, Brothers and Sisters, Pray with me to completely remove all pain from my body forever. Pray with me for a Healing of every organ… …
- Healing and Blessings- I have many needs and desires. I need hair loss healed/restored, emotional healing, spiritual healing, digestion healed, teeth decay healed, skin sores, scars healed, youth… …
- For my husband health- Please help my husband to get well and come back to the home. Help her to breathe and heal the lungs. Thank you! Amen …
- Heal the health, the beauty, the soul of the whole world- Heal everything, dear God. Heal all the world and all of Nature and harmonise, heal and bless all with beauty and love. Heal the cosmos,… …
- Praying for my sister and family- Father God, I come humbly to the cross, asking for a special healing for my sister and family. Please remove any sickness, illnesses or diseases… …
- Hearing voices- Please pray for me for deliverance. I have been hearing voices and talking to them. Thank you. God Bless. …
- Bless my family- Bless my family. Mom Ida. Aunt Lucy 97 in a nursing home.my children Joe Rosella. David. grandkids Maria Tiny & Santiago. Help me quit smoking… …
- Emotional healing and success for my son- Please include prayer for emotional healing and deliverance for my son and also that he already get paid with the work he did Four months… …
- Devin – upper Back Injury- Has an on the job injury that has not healed and prevents him from working. Praying for healing and a new vocation/job. …
- Please pray for healing for me- Please pray for healing for me. Also for my friend Joy who is having surgery today and for my husband Jeff who is scheduled for… …
- Help me please- Lord Jesus, please help rebuild the bridge I have burnt with my friend, I need to clear the air and speak with her and please… …
- Lord I Need You- asking for prayer for my sister in law..she has Cancer. Asking for direction as far as my job a promotion, different position. keep my daughter… …
- Supernatural Miracle Healing- Praise the lord. please touch and agree with me that in the mighty name of Jesus our savior heals my body complete and makes me… …
More prayers posted in: Healing
You’ve just found out a family member or friend is in the hospital. You want to show you’re thinking about them. What would help the most? Flowers, a visit? Or maybe something to help them pass the time?
We asked CaringBridge families – the true experts – how to support a friend in the hospital. Here’s what they said:
6 Best Ways to Make a Friend’s Hospital Stay Better
1. Ask Before Visiting
While many people appreciate visits, it’s not always possible due to hospital rules or how the patient is feeling. Call ahead to find out if your friend can have visitors and feels well enough to see you.
- “I usually make it a practice to not visit someone in hospital, as I do not want visitors (other than immediate family) when I am there.” – Jan
- “In the local hospital had lots of visits, but after she was moved (about an hour away) she didn’t get as many visits – the visits were great for her (wish she had more), but even better for us because we got to take a little break. We did end up doing some face-time and Skype with a few people for her and that was great as well.” – Joann
2. Help Out Without Being Asked
When it comes to taking care of things back at the house, don’t wait for your friend to ask for help – they have so much on their mind. Just take care of the yard work and whatever needs doing.
- “Please don’t say this, ‘If you need something please let me know!’ Instead, bring food to the house, mow their yard, purchase a gas card, send cards, and visit when you can. DO something helpful.” – Pat
- “They did things for our family without asking. They made sure our pets and yard were cared for, they made us meals, and they were there.” – Kayla
3. Give a Goodie Bag & Small Gifts
The most common advice: Give small gifts or a goodie bag to keep someone with a lot of time on her hands entertained.
- “Give them a goodie bag with things to occupy them…magazines, puzzles, decks of cards, writing and drawing pads, stamps, an iPad, books, lots of books” – Elaine
- “An occasional flower (no need for a bouquet), a magazine, a cute picture. Small gestures of love.” – Darcy
- “Lots of movies and books to pass the time. Ask friends to bring healthy snacks and meals and coffee cards!” – Marlana
4. Bring Reminders of Home
Little pieces of home are a way to personalize a hospital room. Their regular pillow, favorite coffee mug, photos, or the local paper can help the new environment and schedule feel normal.
- “Bring your own pillow and pillow case and a comfy blanket.“ – Marlana
- “The thing that helped me the most wasn’t a person. It was a red decorative pillow. It smelled of home and helped keep the homesickness at bay.” – Jodye
5. Feed Them
A home-cooked meal in the hospital can be rare, so it’s extra-appreciated. For family of the patient, gift cards to local restaurants give them a change from the hospital cafeteria.
- “To show support: I think bringing the parents of children in the hospital a nice home cooked meal. There’s only so much fast food one wants to eat plus it gets expensive.” – Nikki
- “Bring food to the house, that is the greatest gift.” – Janice
- “All our hospital stays included a plastic box that could fit under the bed filled with favourite snacks and drinks, bottled water, your own mug for the tea.” – Lena
6. Offer Notes and Well Wishes
Whether it’s a card in the mail or a message on a CaringBridge website, encouraging words can go a long way to boosting someone’s spirits.
- “Just staying in touch was so needed……knowing we weren’t forgotten. Never underestimate how important a note or a text message is. They are vital.” – Toni
- “As an adult cards were the most appreciated.” – Darcy
- “First thing would be to sign up for CaringBridge and let everyone know how to get to your page. I was hospitalized in a city far away from my friends and family so in person visits were rare. The joy of the comforting and encouraging words were a tremendous help. It creates a community of people who are caring about you and that is an awesome feeling.” – Jeff
Read all the responses on our Facebook page.
What Would You Add?
How do you show your support when someone you care about is in the hospital? If you’ve had a long hospital stay, what did your friends do that meant the most? Share your tips for how to support a friend in the hospital below.
Are you caring for someone during a hospital stay? If so, consider starting a CaringBridge website for them, where you can share health updates and receive encouragement and support from your community.
Start A Site