Spiritual warfare is real and can be devastating to our lives. Marriage is where I have personally endured spiritual warfare many times. Especially when it came to feeling defeated spiritually and mentally as a wife.
What once seemed like just a silly thought would suddenly bombard my mind with full force of negativity, which eventually damaged my self confidence and burdened relationships surrounding around me; especially my marriage.
I had to learn how to fight and rise from the habit of falling to the battles.
Through spiritual warfare, Prayer is one of the most spiritual deadliest weapons to breakthrough and conquer the battle against the enemy. Prayer brings out the authority you have in the Lord as you speak against what the devil is trying to kill. The first part of John 10:10 tells us:
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy…
In marriage we can sometimes become overwhelmed with the thoughts of; “Am I a good enough wife? Am I being the wife God called me to be? Could I be prettier or more adventurous for my husband?” These and many more questions can overwhelm us. It can turn from one thought to many thoughts and if we do not get a ahold of it and stop it, these doubtful little thoughts becomes more aggressive overtime – to the point that we no longer question the wife we are, but we don’t even believe we are a godly wife.
That my friend, is what the enemy wants to do to you. The thief wants to steal and destroy your joy and confidence as a wife. It first starts the battle with a negative reflection on ourselves then the war is completed by us no longer finding our confidence in God.
The thief wants to steal and destroy your joy and confidence as a wife…. Learn how to pray through Spiritual Warfare in your marriage. Click To Tweet
When we allow doubtful thoughts of ourselves as a wife to enter into our minds over and over it then turns into a habit. A habit then turns to a lifestyle, and a lifestyle can overtake you if the lifestyle is not representing everything that is pure, honest, and noble before God. The last part of John 10:10 restores our hope by Jesus Christ reminding us:
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
To break these thoughts we must use the power of prayer and confidence in knowing that Christ gives our marriage life. Pray to the Lord about your doubts, fears, and insecurities. Ask Him to reveal to you why you are being attacked as a godly wife. Most likely He will respond with; ‘Because the enemy hates a marriage that is serving the Lord. It makes your marriage powerful’.
Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
Your marriage is powerful in the Lord because two are better than one. You can lift each other up when one feels weak (Ecclesiastes 4:10). The Lord is upon you when the two of you pray together (Matthew 18:20).
As a wife your spiritual discernment and strength is vital to your marriage. When you discern an attack with negative thoughts, cease it with the strength you receive from the Lord. Remember these scriptures to gain hope and trust in why God created you to become one with your husband:
- An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. Her husband finds full confidence in her and lacks nothing. Proverbs 31:10-11
- Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7
- “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” Ephesians 5:31
- He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22
- House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord. Proverbs 19:14
A wise women desires peace for her home. She builds her home upon the word of God. By consistently reading your word, speaking scripture over your life and the life of your marriage, you can restore, deliver, and even prevent what the enemy wants to steal from you. I encourage you to be proactive with the word of God for your marriage and for the well being of your husbands spiritual walk.
(This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure page for more information)
Regardless of our best intentions, there will always be times when even the best marriage will experience problems and issues. Instead of running away or refusing to face these problems, we should instead run to God, who can make things right.
And since the institution of marriage is His product, it therefore makes perfect sense that the maker and designer of this great product be consulted when there’s a problem. God is the one who knows what is wrong with your marriage and how to fix it.
The power of prayer cannot be overemphasised. Prayer can repair any relationship, no matter the level of damage. It can bring spouses together, no matter how sour their relationship has gotten.
Prayer can mend any damaged bridge, clear any confusion, straighten any heart, resolve any conflict, and heal any hurt. It can bring reconciliation to your marriage.
All you have to do is call upon God. Believe in his ability to answer your prayers, and remove any doubt from your heart (Mark 11:23).
It doesn’t matter if your own situation is that of a trouble relationship; a spouse who has left the matrimonial home; infidelity; confusion; breakdown in communication, or a marriage heading towards divorce. God wants, and is able, to heal your marriage. Nothing is impossible with God.
How to Use This Prayer Guideline
God has given man free will. He will not intervene in the affairs of man by forcing him to go against his own will. Neither can we control the behavior of another person.
What God does is to bring a change of heart and mind. And what we can do is pray to God and ask Him to touch the heart and mind of our spouse.
God will go to places we cannot, and do things that we can only dream of. Use these prayers as guidelines for how to pray for the resolution of all that ills your marriage.
When making these prayers, back them up with the Word of God. Engage the power and potency of the Word against the power of the enemies (Hebrews 4:12).
Personalize these prayers by replacing the parts of the prayers with your name and that of your spouse where applicable. After making these prayers, believe that God has answered and consolidate your victory by thanking God for the changes you hoped to see and the restoration of your marriage.
Below are the seven prayers that will help you bring back your focus on God, who alone is able to permanently heal and restore your marriage.
Table of contents
- 1 Blessings on my spouse and I
- 2 Remove all negativity caused by external people
- 3 No weapon formed against our marriage shall prosper
- 4 Holy Spirit work in both of us to bring us closer to God and each other
- 5 Re-Build Trust and Honesty
- 6 Remove bitterness, anger, and all manners of negative emotions.
- 7 Give us the strength to work through our differences
Blessings on my spouse and I
Father God, I thank you for who you are and for the promises that you have made concerning me and my spouse. Your Word is ever true and your promise of blessings and multiplication that you have promised me throughout the ages (Genesis 22:17; Hebrews 6:14) is forever mine, in Jesus name.
You have promised to bless me exceedingly and it is your heart’s desire to enlarge my coast. Every satanic covenant that is going against your continual and uninterrupted blessing in this marriage, I command the rain of fire to consume them, in Jesus name. I pray against every spirit of lack and wretchedness. Oh Lord, let your peace, joy, happiness, and comfort saturate this marriage in Jesus name.
I pray against every spirit of lack and wretchedness. Oh Lord, let your peace, joy, happiness, and comfort saturate this marriage. Click To Tweet
Remove all negativity caused by external people
Lord, I come to you with this petition because I know that you have made me one flesh with my spouse and you have said that no man should come between us (Matthew 19:6).
So I take authority over every outside influence that is polluting our marriage. Every foreign power that’s manipulating this marriage is dealt a heavy blow in Jesus name.
Oh Lord, reveal their evil agenda. Expose them and bring their plan to nought.
I pray that their seed of discord, hatred, malice, and separation that has been sown is uprooted by fire, in Jesus name.
No weapon formed against our marriage shall prosper
Heavenly Father, I give you all praise and adoration, because your word is ever true. I give you thanks, because no weapon that is formed against this marriage will stand (Isaiah 54:17).
I declare that every arrow shot to destabilise this marriage is broken to pieces, in Jesus name.
With the spiritual authority given to me through Christ Jesus, I command the fire of God to consume every wedge that is meant to be put between me and my spouse, through bad and ungodly advice, and false teachings.
Every evil hand of demonic manipulation is crushed, in Jesus name. I retrieve my marriage from the jaws of the evil one, in Jesus name. Thank you, Abba Father, because IT IS DONE, in Jesus name.
No weapon that is formed against my marriage will stand. Click To Tweet
Holy Spirit work in both of us to bring us closer to God and each other
Oh Lord, I believe you are working in my life and that of my spouse to reconcile us back to to you and to each other.
Lord, stir my spouse’s thoughts with the same good and loving thoughts that existed when our love for each other was still very strong.
Let my heart and that of my spouse burn in love for you and for each other.
Lord, rekindle our love for one another. Where ever my spouse needs understanding to be drawn to you, Father give him or her that understanding.
Lord heal each one of our emotional wounds and cause our hearts to be drawn towards each other in Jesus name. Amen.
Re-Build Trust and Honesty
Lord, it is your will that we be reconciled together and that our love for each other will grow and blossom, no matter what has happened between us in the past.
Lord, heal our marriage of all spiritual attacks and manipulations. Let this healing start with me. Lord, have mercy on our relationship and rebuild the trust and honesty that has eluded this marriage.
Lord, I command seven-fold restoration of the trust and honesty that the evil one has stolen from us, in Jesus name.
Remove bitterness, anger, and all manners of negative emotions.
Lord, deliver me and my spouse from the evil spirit of unforgiveness, hatred, anger, bitterness, and abuse that is poisoning our minds and relationship. Fill up every space in our hearts with your peace, love, joy so that there’s no room for negative emotions.
Lord teach us to treat one another with dignity, love, and respect.
Lord I asked for the grace and emotional strength to avoid the use of anger and unforgiveness as a weapon to fight against my spouse. I pray that we will no longer allow our emotions to be manipulated and used to drive a wedge between us, in Jesus name. Amen.
Give us the strength to work through our differences
Lord, thank you for the good work that you have started in my marriage. I know that you will do mite to the end. I ask for the strength to stay courageous and strong in your promises as you work out things in our marriage.
Replace every negative feeling with love and help us to work through our differences.
Every man or woman determined to scatter thus marriage will not succeed. Their evil plans will scatter in Jesus name.
I refuse to be tempted to try other alternatives. I will not be discouraged even if it seems that nothing is happening at the moment. Your word is greater and surer than any other power. So I choose to trust in you.
2 Tim. 4:18 And the LORD shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Zech 9:11 As for me, through the blood of thy covenant thou hast delivered me from the pit that has no water.
Rev. 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death
Psalm 27:2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Obadiah 1:17 But upon Mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions
1. Let the cleansing power in the blood of Jesus cleanse my root and foundation from every evil ancestral pollution in the name of Jesus.
2. I separate my life from every evil ancestral dedication by the blood of Jesus.
3. I bind every spirit, power or personality assigned to enforce bondage upon my life in Jesus’ name.
4. I break every curse associated with evil dedication and I release myself from their consequences in Jesus’ mighty name.
5. I break and renounce every ancient covenant binding me with evil powers of my father’s house in Jesus’ name.
6. I break and renounce every ancient covenant binding me with evil powers of my mother’s house in Jesus’ name.
7. I release myself from the yokes and burdens of ancestral idolatry by the power in the blood of Jesus in Jesus’ name.
8. I bind and paralyze every demonic strongman assigned to reinforce evil covenant upon my life in the name of Jesus.
9. Any evil blood crying against my destiny be silenced by the blood of Jesus.
10. O Lord my God, rebuild and restore every good thing that the enemy has stolen or destroyed in my life and marriage in Jesus name.
11. Let the light of God dispel every darkness in my life and marriage in Jesus’ name. Ps 18:28
12. Every satanic covenant, decree, vow, promises, exchanges, pledges, and donation working against my marriage, be cancelled now by the blood of Jesus and be replaced by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. Colossians 2:14-15, Romans 8:1-3
13. I reverse every satanic judgment against my marriage by the power in the blood of Jesus.
14. Witchcraft verdict against my marriage, you shall not stand, neither shall you come to pass in the name of Jesus.
15. Anything buried in the ground and in the waters to destroy my marriage, I nullify your powers by the blood of Jesus in Jesus name.
16. Evil pronouncements made against my marriage in the air, land or sea, be cancelled by the power in the blood of Jesus.
17. I break and loose myself from evil spiritual marriage in the dream in the name of Jesus.
18. Let every evil handwriting against my life/my marriage be cancelled by the power in the blood of Jesus.
19. Any power working to unseat me from my place of blessings, from my marriage, in the name of Jesus I command you to fall and perish
20. Oh Lord reveal and remove any barriers to my marriage in Jesus name.
21. Thou God of revelations, reveal to me any secrets that I need to know about my marriage proposal in Jesus name.
22. Oh Lord, take away any Saul before my David in Jesus name; remove anything that will bring sorrow to my life and marriage in Jesus name.
23. Oh God of mercy, reveal your mind and your counsel for my life and for my marriage in Jesus name.
24. Psalm 68:6. God sets the lonely in families. God set me up in my own family according to your word in Jesus name, and reign supreme in my marriage in Jesus name.
25. Lord, let my marriage bring joy and peace to my life and the lives of my children in Jesus name.
26. Lord, let my life and my marriage bring glory to your name in Jesus name.
THANK YOU LORD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.
PRAYERS FOR MARRIAGE DELIVERANCE & RESTORATION
Download this Prayer Topic.