We thank all who served, whether in peace or in war.
It is a historical fact that Catholic armies have saved the world many times over. Whether turning back the tides of hostile Islamic invasions, or defending the Church from mad kings and despots, Catholics have always answered the call to combat evil. This Veteran’s Day, we give thanks to the millions of Catholic-American veterans who left behind the comforts of home to serve in the vanguards, or to stand watch over our nation, which is home to more than70 millions Catholics welcome to practice their faith freely.
May God bless all our veterans, by whose sacrifices we remain free.
LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) – Today we thank all our veterans, who have sacrificed and served to keep our nation free. However, as Catholics we would like to offer a special thank you to our closest brothers and sisters in Christ, our Catholic veterans.
Catholics have served faithfully in every conflict endured by our great nation. They are genuine patriots, sworn to protect and defend the Constitution. They do not serve merely for the benefit of fellow Catholics, but for all.
Support FREE Catholic Education
Our religious freedom, enshrined in the First Amendment of the Constitution, is actively defended by each Catholic veteran. We remain free to worship God, to attend Mass, to pay the Rosary and to offer our religious allegiance to the Holy Father in Rome and Jesus Christ precisely because of our veterans. It is our strength and the willingness of many to serve that discourages all who envy our freedom and despise our faith.
We recognize the Catholics who have served in combat. Stories abound of their example of faith. The Hail Mary, a simple prayer, easy to follow, has often been shared between Catholics, Protestants, and believers and non-believers of every stripe in the world’s foxholes. And there is no doubt these prayers have brought comfort and aid to many in their hour of need.
We recognize the Catholics who did not face the horrors of war, and the dangers of sudden death. While spared this suffering, they still sacrificed, leaving families, comforts, and luxury behind to serve. They accepted a spartan life, filled with strict routine, boredom, and sharp commands to stand ready to do harm to any who would harm to us. Whether standing by with a weapon, or a broom, each person has served in an essential role to guarantee the safe and smooth operation of the vast machine that is our military. Let it be remembered always, in the words of John Milton, “they also serve who stand and wait.”
So for our veterans, let us now pray:
Heavenly Father, we ask you to look down upon our brothers and sisters in arms, and bless them as they stand ready to defend your children from the agents of evil.
For those who are preparing to serve and training to serve, we ask you to make them strong and resolute. May they learn to obey and serve, so that in the hour of need they will serve ably and honorably, carrying on the tradition to defend the people, their faith, and our Constitution.
For those who serve, standing and waiting, we ask you to send blessings of comfort and encouragement. May they know they are not forgotten, either by you or by their loved ones at home. Whether in the bowels of ships, the heat of a distant desert, or watching across the violent expanse of a no man’s land, we honor them. Whether armed with a rifle, a pen, or a humble implement, we are grateful for their labor which keeps us free at home to worship and pray.
For those who experience the horrors of war, we most fervently beseech you, Oh Lord, to place your hand upon their hearts, steady them in battle. It is you who teaches their hands to war and their fingers to fight. Be their shield and bulwark in battle, and make them swift and accurate. Dispel all enemies before them, that your people be saved and peace may reign.
For those who have returned from service, we ask your special intercession. In returning home, many of your sons and daughters face new battles with enemies, lethal as bullets. Embrace these children of discord, and hold them tightly to your bosom, Lord, so they may know your comfort in their darkest moments. Restore sight to their eyes, and shine radiant upon their faces, that they may walk not in the shadows which ensnare, but in the light of your glory.
For our wounded veterans, who bear scars in their hearts, minds, and bodies, we ask your blessing. Lord, cherish this wounded legion, invited to share in the suffering of Christ. May they see Christ though their pain, and find hope in His promises. We await the day your make their bodies and their hearts whole once again.
For those who have left their uniform hanging in the past, who move with difficulty, who reflect with a distant gaze upon times better unknown, we ask you to send peace. Let ancient wrongs be pardoned and forgot. Give these veterans comfort and peace. May they live long as examples of courage and faith, and may they inspire their children and grandchildren to stand ready to defend our Constitution, our God-given rights, and our faith.
We thank you Lord, for the multitude of blessings you have given us. We are grateful for the time you have given us with these courageous people.
May you raise up all our dear veterans in the palm of your hand, and bless them as we turn their swords into plowshares. We give thanks to you O Lord, Our God.
Light Your Prayer Candle Now
‘Help Give every Student and Teacher FREE resources for a world-class Moral Catholic Education’
Copyright 2018 – Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for July 2018
Priests and their Pastoral Ministry. That priests, who experience fatigue and loneliness in their pastoral work, may find help and comfort in their intimacy with the Lord and in their friendship with their brother priests.
Famous “Veterans Day Poems” Prayers for Church & Schools
Rate this post
Happy Veterans Day Poems – In the United States of America, the auspicious occasion of Veterans Day is known as the biggest day of remembrance and recalling the valuable sacrifices of military personnel’s of US armed force. The annual day is commemorated on November 11 and this year it will falls on Saturday. We know you might be searching for the best stuff related to Veterans Day. So, here we are presenting you with a series of amazing and enchanting Veterans Day poems, and prayers for you and your adorable children.
Table of contents
- 1 Famous Veterans Day Poems
- 2 Veterans Day Poems Prayers
- 3 Veterans Day Poems for Church & Schools
- 4 Veterans Day Poems Thank You
- 5 11 Reminders of God’s Freedom and Protection:
- 6 A Prayer for Veterans: for the Men and Women in Uniform
- 7 Happy Veterans Day 2018 Thank You Quotes and Sayings
- 8 Veterans Day Thank You Quotes and Sayings
- 9 Happy Veterans Day Thank You Quotes
Famous Veterans Day Poems
When the peaceful event of Veterans Day is around the corner, then why not honor your veterans in a different way like Happy Veterans Day Poems. Not only would this lovely and Famous Veterans Day Poems will be an expressive way of paying tribute to your nation’s hero but a unique way as well. You can also convey your heartfelt feelings to your militants with these sweet and Short Poems for Veterans Day and also share with your loved ones.
Thè Làst Soldìèr
Whèn thè làst soldìèr pàssès on,
Whèn àrmìès àrè dìsbàndèd ànd mìlìtìàs dìschàrgèd,Whèn wèàpons àrè àbàndonèd ànd àrmor dìscàrdèd,Your mìssìon wìll, àt làst, bè ovèr.For you know thè soldìèr’s sècrèt.Yours wàs not à mìssìon of wàrNor à mìssìon of ruinYours wàs not à mìssìon of dèstructìoNor à mìssìon of dèàth.Your mìssìon wàs sàfèty, sècurìty, protèctìon.Your mìssìon wàs honor, loyàlty, sèrvìcè.Your mìssìon wàs to ènd vìolèncè, tyrànny, dèspàìr.Whèn thè làst soldìèr pàssès on,Whèn thè unìforms àrè rètìrèd ànd thè fìnàl gràvè fìllèd,Wè wìll rèmèmbèr àll who sèrvèd ànd sàcrìfìcèd for our nàtìon.
Happy Veterans Day Poems
To thè Soldìèr, To thè Vètèràn
Thèsè thìngs Ì know:
Thè sound of your honor.Thè powèr of your couràgè.Thè blood of your wound.Thè dèpth of your strèngth.Thè tèrror thàt bìnds you.Thè drèàd thàt rèmàìns.Your dìgnìty ànd your vàlor.For thèsè thìngs wè prày:Thè sound of your làughtèr.Thè powèr of your voìcè.Thè blood of your yèàrnìng.Thè dèpth of your hèàlìng.Thè joy thàt frèès you.Thè hopè thàt rèmàìns.Your wholènèss ànd your lovè.
Famous Veterans Day Poems
Also See: Happy Veterans Day Images
Veterans Day Poems Prayers
Whether you are searching for some inspirational and beautiful Veterans Day Poems about recognizing the selfless efforts of all those men and women who served your country during war time or meaningful Veterans Day Poems Quotes, you will find varied section right below. Here you will also get a sentimental and motivating Veterans Day Prayers which depict the true essence of this most precious holiday of the year.
Thèrè’s not à Fàscìst ìn thè USÀ
Who doèsn’t, ìn thèìr truè hèàrt, sày
Ì’m thànkful for thosè who sèrvè ànd fìght,So Ì càn pèàcèfully slèèp àt nìght.
No pàrtìsàn polìtìcs càn kèèp àwày
Thè gràtìtudè Ì fèèl, but cànnot sàyTo vètèràns who kèpt Àmèrìcà sècurèd,Wìth àll thè hàrdshìps thèy èndurèd.
Àwày from fàmìly, frìènds ànd morè,
Thèy knèw whàt thèy wèrè workìng for:Kèèpìng frèèdom rèàlly frèèFor thè rìght, thè mìddlè, ànd èvèn mè.
Vètèràns, you hàvè my dèèp rèspèct,
Èvèn ìf ìt ìsn’t polìtìcàlly corrèct.
Veterans Day Prayers
Stìll À Soldìèr
Ì lày hèrè todày à soldìèr
Ì know somè don’t understandÌ wìll try to èxplàìnSo màybè you càn
Ì sèrvèd my country
For màny à yèàrÌ rètìrèd long àgoThè soldìèr stìll hèrè
Ì put on my uniform
Ì worè ìt to forèìgn landsThè soldìèr Ì wàsÌs stìll ìn thè màn
Ì hàvè bèèn à husbànd, fàthèr, ànd friend
To somè of you hèrèBut Ì’vè bèèn à soldìèr àll àlongÈvèn àftèr so màny à yèàr
My fìnàl sàlutè
Ì rèndèr todayÌ’m stìll à soldìèr
Veterans Day Poems
Also See: Veterans Day Sayings Thank You
Veterans Day Poems for Church & Schools
What does the blissful festive of Veterans Day means to your students? Include these charming and latest Veterans Day Poems for Elementary School so that they can grasp the ultimate significance of the sacrifices that American veterans have made to preserve your motherland’s freedom & glory with these Veterans Day Poems for Kids. Check out some pleasing and cute Veterans Day Poems for Church which we have assembled in our section.
V-àlìànt èfforts àgàìnst
Ì-ncrèdìblè odds, àC-onclusìvè ènd, withT-rìumphànt rèwàrds. O-utstàndìng Soldìèrs àwàìts,R-ècognìtìon wèll dèsèrvèd, Y-èàrly cèlèbràtìons, for Àll who sèrvèd!
Veterans Day Poems for Church
Thè Bràvè Onès
Soldìèrs àrè bràvè
Somè àrè àt thè gràvè Our flàg stìll wàvèsÀnd thèìr stìll bràvèWè wìll sàlutè thè onès àt thè gràvèÀnd nèvèr forgèt thè bràvèWè wàvè byè to thè bràvè onèsHopìng thèy won’t màkè ìt to thè gràvèOur flàg stìll wàvèsWè thànk thè bràvè onès
Veterans Day Poems for Students
Also See: Veterans Day Facts
Veterans Day Poems Thank You
With Veterans Day 2017 is coming closer, it’s perfect time to showcase your thankful salute to your soldiers by dedicating these awesome Veterans Day Thank You Poems to them which we have shared here. These fabulous Veterans Day Poems Thank You will rightfully exhibit your desire gratitude towards your brave veterans.
ì wìttnèssèd à wàr just yèstèrdày,
bèìng thè rèàson for much dìsmày,ì’m sorry for àll thè dèàth ànd blood,ànd àll thè soldìèrs ìn thè mud,ì wìsh ì could stop ìt just càn’t bè donè,
ì’ll nèèd èvèrybody ìncludìng à nun,ì’ll nèèd jèsus to forgìvè our sìns,thàt knock us down lìkè bowlìng pìns,ì’ll nèèd èvèrybody to rèàd thìs poèm,ìn hopès thàt àll thè soldìèrs gèt bàck homè.
Veterans Day Thank You Poem
À Sàlutè To Thè Fàllèn
Bràss hàndlès, polìshèd,
Purplè sàtìn, hèàvènly,
Pèrfèct wèddìng suìt,
Nàtìonàl flàg nèàtly dràpèd.
Ì sàlutè thèè, soldìèr mìnè!
Veterans Day Poems Thank You
Freedom is powerful. It’s a gift. A treasure.
The most significant, important gifts in life are always worth fighting for. And often, they come with a great price. They are not free. Somewhere along the way, someone paid dearly for the liberties we enjoy so freely today. But sometimes, we forget. It’s easy to take them for granted. We enjoy freedom, but most of us alive today, have always had it. We may not even be fully aware of just how many men and women have paid dearly for the gifts we enjoy today. The price was paid through many long years.
On the heels of a heated Presidential race, this is a day to unite, to remember and pray, to show our gratitude for so many who have fought on behalf of our country.
For all those who have protected our nation, for the men and women in uniform, together, we say “Thank You.”
There’s great power and strength in the loyalty of your service, because of these things:
- There’s power in unity and standing strong together.
- There’s power in fighting on behalf of our nation, and for those who cannot fight for themselves.
- There’s power in rising up in courage, pursuing victory for what is right.
- There’s power in knowing that God Himself fights on our behalf.
- There’s power in prayer and in the One who sets us truly free.
Thank you for reminding us that there’s incredible love and sacrifice displayed, when one is willing to stand strong, and fight for freedom.
This service of love and sacrifice on behalf of all people, points us directly to the greatest love of all, the very gift and sacrifice of Christ. Our Savior was willing to pay the ultimate price, so that we can live free.
“Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” 2 Cor. 9:15
Remembering today. And thankful that so many have been willing to pay a great price for our freedom. May God help us to live so bravely today…
11 Reminders of God’s Freedom and Protection:
“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
“For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm…” Gal. 5:1
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me;” Ps. 23:4
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.” Is. 61:1
For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.” Deut. 20:4
“If God is for us, who can be against us?” Rom. 8:31
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Josh. 1:9
“Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; he is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and he in whom I take refuge…” Ps. 144:1-2
“Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He chose for His inheritance.” Ps. 33:12
“The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.” Zeph. 3:17
“He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, ‘My refuge and my fortress, My God, in whom I trust!’” Ps. 91:1-2
A Prayer for Veterans: for the Men and Women in Uniform
We thank you for the freedom you have given to us, and for the price that was paid by Christ so that we could live free. We remember today. The cost of it all. The great sacrifice for freedom.
We thank you for the brave who have fought, and continue to fight, so courageously for our nation. We ask for your covering and blessing over them and their families. We pray that you would be gracious and encircle them with your peace. We pray for your great favor and goodness to be evident in their lives.
Please be with the men and women in uniform, who serve our communities and nation every single day. We ask that you provide your protection, that you would be their guiding force who leads the way, and their rear guard who keeps them safe from behind. We ask that you would draw them to yourself amidst the dangers they face in a dark world, for you are the Truth, you are the Way, you are the Light.
When the voice of hate rises up against them, we ask that you would silence it. When the plans of the enemy rise up to cause them to stumble, we ask that you would thwart it. When the forces of evil rise up to strike them down, we ask that you would stop it. Lord, we know how powerful you are, all have heard of your Great Name, and we ask that you would indeed be the wind beneath their wings, the power behind their efforts, the heart behind their service, as they are on the front lines against evil in our world today.
Help them to walk wisely. To stay covered in your armor. Give them godly discernment. Make them constantly aware of what lurks close by. Help them to be men and women of prayer, realizing that this is where their greatest help comes from. Help them to stay united and strong, bold and resolute, determined and unwavering.
Lord bless all those who wear the uniform, who serve our cities, our nation, our people. Bless their families. Bless those they love. Give them your great favor, this day, and every day.
Thank you that in our nation today, we are free to worship. We are free to pray. We are free to read your Word. We are free to speak. We are free to share. For this, we are incredibly grateful. Yet, we understand how quickly these freedoms can be taken away. Give us an increased awareness of the spiritual battle we’re in. Help us to stand strong in you and for your purposes.
Thank you that as believers, we can be assured, you never leave us, and you are with us always, in this life, and the next.
In the Powerful Name of Jesus,
We honor you today Veterans, and all those who wear the uniform, as we pray…and give thanks…and remember.
The Lord bless you greatly for your service and sacrifice.
And may God bless America!
(This article also appeared here:
Debbie McDaniel is a writer, pastor’s wife, mom to three amazing kids (and a lot of pets). Join her each morning on Fresh Day Ahead’s facebook page, for daily encouragement in living strong, free, hope-filled lives.
Find her also at and
Happy Veterans Day 2018 Thank You Quotes and Sayings
Hi there! Are you looking for Veterans Day Thank You Quotes and Sayings to wish Veterans in your family and around you on this particular day?. If yes, you have landed on a perfect web page, as here we have shared a great collection of Happy Veterans Day Thank Quotes which you can use to wish veterans not just around you but away from you through social media.
Do scroll down to view them all. Hope you would like our collection. If yes, please consider sharing it with your friends and followers.
On this very day, it is our prime duty to honor and regard all Veterans who are, who were and who will safeguard our nation. So, don’t forget to dedicate this day to honor at least one Veteran near you.
Veterans Day Thank You Quotes and Sayings
- For your bravery, hard work, and dedication to our country, we thank you.
- To all who have put their lives on the line in defense of the flat, thank you.
- Home of the free because of the brave. Thank you Veterans!!!
- Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it… it flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it
- To our men and women in uniform, past, present, and future, God bless you and thank you.
- To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.
- For the veteran, thank you for bravely doing what you’re called to do so we can safely do what we’re free to do
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. –John F. Kennedy
- Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day. – Charles B. Rangel
- Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened. – Billy Graham
- Our veterans accepted the responsibility to defend America and uphold our values when duty called. – Bill Shuster
- I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot. ~ Gary Hart
- Veterans are a symbol of what makes our nation great, and we must never forget all they have done to ensure our freedom. – Rodney Frelinghuysen
- Although we can never fully repay our veterans, on Veterans Day we thank our veterans for their selflessness and commit to do what we can to improve the quality of life for our veterans and military families in communities across America. – Elizabeth Esty
- Veterans Day is a time to celebrate the men and women who have worn this nation’s uniform and to honor their service. – Tammy Duckworth
- A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart. – Hercules
- Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause. –Abraham Lincoln
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. -Joseph Campbell
- America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago. -Steve Buyer
- The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. -Patrick Henry
- In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country, can change it – Barack Obama
- On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free. – Dan Lipinski
Happy Veterans Day Images
Happy Veterans Day MessagesHappy Veterans Day QuotesVeterans Day FreebiesVeterans Day PoemsVeterans Day ActivitiesVeterans Day Parade
Happy Veterans Day Thank You Quotes
- My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place — police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces. -Sidney Sheldon
- The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude. -Jeff Miller
- We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.- Cynthia Ozick
- America’s Veterans have served their country with the belief that democracy and freedom are ideals to be upheld around the world. -John Doolittle
- American without her soldiers would be like God without his angels – Claudia Pemberton
- This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. – Elmer Davis
- Better than honor and glory, and History’s iron pen, Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men. -Richard Watson Gilder
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! Maya Angelou
- The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage. – Thucydides
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- Freedom is never free
- Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day. -Charles B. Rangel
- Never was so much owed by so many to so few – Winston Churchill
- The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation. – George Washington
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~ Elmer Davis
- I want people to take the initiative to find veterans that need help, veterans that are suffering and in need of assistance reintegrating from combat back into society, into normal family lives and jobs. We need to take a real ‘boots on the ground’ approach to helping veterans in need. – Max Martini
- Our love, our gratitude, our admiration for our men and women in uniform, our veterans and their families – all of that is bigger than any one party or any one election. – Michelle Obama
- We owe our World War II veterans – and all our veterans – a debt we can never fully repay. – Doc Hastings
- I’m extremely grateful to all the first responders, veterans and their families for all their sacrifices. – Taya Kyle
- The only war is the war you fought in.
Every veteran knows that.
~ Allan Keller
- An honorable act you did has gone a long way.
We are now enjoying a peaceful environment because of you.
Happy Veterans Day
- For your unselfish efforts…
For serving our country selflessly…
We salute YOU!
Happy Veterans Day!
Searches related to veterans day thank you quotes and sayings
- veterans day words of thanks
- veterans quotes of appreciation
- awesome veterans day quotes
- veteran quotes inspirational
- thank you veterans quotes memorial day
- words to thank a veteran for their service
- how to say thank you to a veteran
- veterans day quotes by presidents