Prayer for Students – Why is it important?
Prayer for students is vitally important in culture today. School campuses are full of temptation and negative influences targeting students. Prayer is a way to influence students to make wise choices and excel in their studies.
There are many topics in the curriculum that will impact their decision making for years to come. Our youth and young adults approach a time of their lives where they will make significant decision about careers, marriage, children, and other life choices.
Can we live without prayer? No. We need communication with God. He can do anything without man, but He will not because He created us to love Him and love others. He establishes His kingdom through us by prayer. Prayer is one way to build our faith and expectations of His Kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. Prayer can greatly impact students’ lives, faith, and outlook on their future.
Prayer for Students – What do I pray?
In my prayer for students, what do I pray for? Get to know students who are in your family, neighborhood, and church. As you interact with them, you will realize the problems and situations that they face. Here are some suggestions for how to pray for them:
- Many struggle with classes or courses. Pray for wisdom as they listen to lectures and complete homework. Pray for good recall during testing.
- Pray for students as they encounter philosophies or theories that are contrary to their beliefs.
- Pray that their parents will provide good guidance and help them make wise decisions.
- The financial burden of tuition and books is costly. Ask God to provide for their needs.
- Pray for those who struggle with balancing a job and class attendance.
- Pray for students to have accountability and encouragement from a group of Christians.
- Pray that God lead them into a relationship with Him and strengthen their faith.
- Follow the guidance given in the Bible. These verses can be prayed for students.
“Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing” (Philippians 2:14-16).
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6).
“Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart” (2 Timothy 2:22).
Prayer for Students – How do I pray?
How can I implement prayer for students on a regular basis? Here are some practical suggestions.
- Prayer walk on campus – Consider having a prayer walk around the school or university in your community. These campuses usually have parking areas and streets near them. That’s a great place to start. Walk around the area while praying for the students who attend. Pray for success in their studies, for them to make good choices, and to say no to temptation. Pray also for the professors, teachers, and administration.
- Prayer Team – Other Christians may be interested in praying for students in your local area. Think about starting a weekly prayer team for your school.
- Influence specific students – Email short prayers to students you already know. Encourage them in their studies and ask them for ways you can pray for them.
Prayer for students is essential. You have an important role in their lives. Many students leave their faith during these crucial years. With your prayers, their spiritual lives could be enhanced and remain strong.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
– We have all
and deserve God’s judgment.
, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him.
, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He
for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was
rose from the dead
according to the
. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your
, declaring, “
Jesus is Lord
,” you will be saved from
and spend eternity with God in heaven.
What is your response?
Yes, today I am deciding to follow JesusYes, I am already a follower of JesusI still have questions
It’s back to school time! Our children are heading out to school and I’m sure as parents, step parents, grand parents and foster parents you have concerns.
Well, the only way to handle these concerns is to take it to God in prayer. Afterall in Psalm 138:8, He says that he will perfect everything that concerns you!
We are using a very popular bible verse for this prayer in 4 version. It is always great when you read the same scripture in different version because it causes you to think deeper about it and it is a great way to meditate on the scripture.
Proverbs 22:6 New International Version (NIV)
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6 King James Version (KJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6 Amplified (AMP)
Train up a child in the way he should go , and when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6 The Message (MSG)
Point your kids in the right direction— when they’re old they won’t be lost.
Prayer for Students
Jehovah Rohi, the only true shepherd of your sheep we ask you to watch over our students as they head back to school. Protect them as the Good Shepherd that you are and keep them safe as they go through school from bullying or anything that would take their focus off of their studies. Lord we pray that the teachers would be guided by Your Spirit to do the things that you would have them do. Give those who are Christians the ability to show Your love to the students. And, even those teachers who don’t have a relationship with you, we ask that you would lead them just as you did King Cyrus to make the right decisions for our children. We pray that they will train up our children in the way that they should go so that when they are older they will not depart from Your Word. We pray that you would give our children who are saved the courage to stand for righteousness. We pray that they would be strengthen by your Spirit to not depart from the truth of Your Word, regardless of what is popular. We thank you that You will give them grace to learn all and retain so that they will pass the exams at the end of the school year, in Jesus Name, Amen
Here are some Bible Verses and a Prayer on Bullying