The light beaming from the glorious sun’s rays peek through your blinds. You can feel the light warming your face and you immediately rise with a smile on your face and an invigorating drive to for the day. You jump out of your bed ready to rise and greet the day. And then…you wake up because that’s not at all how any normal day begins, right? Everyone has a morning routine. Some are a little more labor intensive while others are less involved. Either way, each morning should start with two things – prayer and coffee.
After you’ve had your morning jolt of heaven in a cup, it’s important to begin each day with a conversation with your Lord and Savior. Instead of hitting the snooze button or choosing to prolong your morning routine, strive to be an early riser and spend some intimate time with God. Keep in mind, Jesus never hits the snooze button, so why should you?
If you’re any early riser and need simple morning prayers to start your day, keep reading and get inspired. These prayers can be recited when you’re eating breakfast, as you get your children ready for school or perhaps as you drive your daily commute to work.
Prayer of Thanks:
Thank you for this beautiful new day,
Help me live today, hand in hand with you.
Short, sweet and to the point. Each day that you’re able to wake up and embark on the endeavors of a new day is a great day. It doesn’t necessarily have to be sunny weather in order for things to have beauty – sometimes just the ability to have opportunities and live is beautiful enough. Each day, ask God, to stand by your side. It’s important that He hears your voice and that you be rejuvenated by His.
Prayer for a Good Day:
Lord, I trust in your unfailing love, in your promises.
I give this day and all that it holds to you.
May I walk in your goodness, knowing your gentle hand will guide me, and keep me.
Each day is up to the individual. Yes, there’s no doubt that hurdles and other catastrophic obstacles will come into play from time-to-time, but it’s important to realize that only you have the power to exude a positive mind frame. If you continue to bask in negativity, then you’ll find that the rest of your life is filled with those negative connotations. Allow the Lord to embody your simple morning prayer and ask Him to give you strength and guidance when you need it. The power of Jesus can get you through anything.
Pray for the Early Morning:
I come before you O Lord
As the sun rises may your hope rise up in me.
As the birds sing may your love flow out of me.
As the light floods into this new day,
May your joy shine through me.
I come before you, O Lord
And drink in this moment of peace,
That I may carry something of your hope, love and joy
Today in my heart.
Even though you’re only one person, with an invigorated spirit you can accomplish great things. You have the power to achieve greatness. Therefore, each day ask your Lord and Savior to replenish your desire to forge forward and to provide you with the strength to be successful. Listen when God speaks to you and do your best to carry out his wishes. Follow the path that He’s laying before you and look for ways you can continue to hold Him high.
Prayer for the Tiresome Days:
Father, clear my sleepy head and fill my mind with expectation
Awake my slow body and energize my heart with love in action.
Ignite my spirit and set this day on fire with promise.
Make the ordinary extraordinary.
Engage me, show me your kingdom alive
Help me to see that every waking moment is full of promise because of you.
Let’s face it, every day does not begin with sunshine and rainbows – figuratively or physically speaking. There will be days when you’re just tired and you need inspiration to get up and continue on. On these days, turn to this simple morning prayer and ask God to make the ordinary extraordinary. Ask Jesus to help you see the bigger picture and to get a better understanding of what He wants you to achieve. It’s important to look beyond the horizon without losing track of what’s important. Don’t be afraid to ask God for guidance and strength during this tiresome day – allow Him to assist you in being the best version of yourself that you are capable of being.
“My voice will come to you in the morning, O Lord, in the morning I will send my prayer to you, and keep watch.”
This is a beautiful scripture that references the intimacy of the Lord and His children. We all want nothing more than to be under the guidance and supervision of Jesus Christ. Each day we pray to Him for the strength and hope to honor His name by achieving great things. And because we want to be safe, we ask that He look over us and our loved ones.
Morning prayer | Christian Faith,Bible verses | Pinterest | Morning …
Morning prayers are very important. This prayer shows that you should be graceful for every single day. Also be graceful for being able to stand up and live …
Location: California, San Francisco, United States Simple Prayers
Simple Morning Prayer . Lord Jesus, thank You for bringing me safely through the night and for waking me up to a new day. May I honour You today in all I say …
Location: Michigan, Lansing, United States 3 Simple Yet Powerful Morning Prayers – Yes!Charm
Sep 27, 2016 – There is no better way to start the day than with a morning prayer! These 3 simple morning prayers may be short, but trust us they’re powerful!
Location: Utah, Provo, United States Prayers and Thanksgivings – Forward Day by Day – Forward Movement
Prayers and Thanksgivings. A Prayer for Today; … I will try this day to live a simple, … In the Morning; Prayers for Family and Personal Life …
Location: Texas, Houston, United States 10 Short Morning Prayers We Can Pray to the Lord – Holding to Truth
Aug 16, 2012 – Would you like to know some short morning prayers you can pray to the Lord? This post presents 10 short prayers we can pray every morning. … Through these simple prayers, the Lord can gain a little more ground in us every …
Location: Georgia, Atlanta, United States A Simple Prayer to Offer Your Day to the Blessed Mother
Sep 7, 2017 – The best thing you can do to start off your day is to offer it up in prayer to the Blessed Mother, traditionally called a “ Morning Offering.” Below is a …
Location: Arizona, Phoenix, United States Morning Prayer – Let Us Begin Our Day | A Christian Morning Prayer …
Morning Prayer – Start your mornings with this simple and short prayer and have a positive start to your day …
Location: California, Mountain View, United States How A Simple Prayer In The Morning Can Start Your Day …
Beginning each day with God can make a significant difference in your daily outlook. Learn “How A Simple Prayer In The Morning Can Start Your Day Right.”
Location: Texas, Dallas, United States Morning Prayer – Northumbria Community
Morning Prayer. tt. Said or sung all together except for the sentences marked ‘Call’ which are for the Leader only. + indicates that you may make the sign of the …
Location: England, Manchester, United Kingdom AN ORDER FOR MORNING PRAISE AND PRAYER – Discipleship …
This service is for use by groups at dawn or as they begin their day in prayer. The service is most effective when morning sunlight is visible.
Location: North Carolina, Charlotte, United States Prayer in the morning, at night and at meals – Today’s Catholic
Feb 14, 2017 – For many Catholics, a great and simple way to begin the day is to pray the Morning Offering. I have it taped to the mirror in my bathroom!
Location: Washington, Seattle, United States The Importance of Daily Prayer for Children & Families
Nov 5, 2015 – It’s the simple opening of one’s heart to our father in Heaven. … Pray every morning and evening, pray for your children and teach them how to …
Location: California, Mountain View, United States Short Prayers – Your Catholic Guide
Your Catholic Guide. A Simple Catholic Guide and Information about its Teaching, Prayers and Traditions. Short Prayers. … Morning Offering; End Of The Day;
Location: Florida, Orlando, United States Common Prayer | Common Prayer
Daily Prayers for November 17. O Lord, let my soul rise up to meet you. as the day rises to meet the sun. Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit …
Location: California, Culver City, United States
Are you looking for simple morning prayers to start your day off with the Lord? Have you ever considered using a hymn or spiritual song as your prayer? It’s a good way to be filled with the Lord for the day (Eph. 5:18-19).
I’ve found that when I’m short of words, it’s helpful to draw from the lyrics of hymns, or spiritual songs, especially those with a strong sentiment directed toward the Lord Himself.
Psalm 42:8b confirms this thought by saying,
“…His song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.”
So in this post, I’ll illustrate how you can take the lyrics of a favorite hymn or spiritual song and turn them into simple morning prayers. I hope you’ll not only sing the lyrics, but declare them and turn every phrase into your personal prayer for fellowship with the Lord.
Table of contents
- 1 How to Turn a Spiritual Song or Hymn into Simple Morning Prayers
- 2 6 Simple Morning Prayers for Coming into the Lord’s Presence
- 3 3 Simple Morning Prayers for the Lord’s Speaking Through His Word
- 4 3 Simple Morning Prayers for the Lord’s Tender Dealing, Saturating, and Supplying Your Soul
- 5 Here are 10 helpful morning prayers to start your day:
How to Turn a Spiritual Song or Hymn into Simple Morning Prayers
Let’s start with a hymn especially written to direct your heart into fellowship with the Lord in the morning. We’ll use I Come to His Presence Afresh, a hymn on fellowship with Christ by Witness Lee and practice turning it into simple morning prayers:
6 Simple Morning Prayers for Coming into the Lord’s Presence
Try reading or singing the first stanza:
I come to His presence afresh Ere the night has passed into morning; And His face I see as it shines on me- The Lord within is dawning. And He speaks to me and reveals to me All His riches for me today; And with sweet delight I partake of Him, My hunger has passed away.
Try turning any phrase in this stanza that touched you into a simple morning prayer. Here are some examples:
1. “Lord Jesus, thank you, for a new day to come to You. Be so fresh to me.”
2. “Make Your face shine on me.”
3. “Be the dawning of this new day within in me.”
4. “Lord, speak to me and reveal to me all Your riches for me today.”
5. “Be so sweet to me this morning; keep me in Your sweetness all day long.”
6. “I’m coming to partake of You until my hunger has passed away.”
Maybe you came up with others. (You can share them in a comment.)
3 Simple Morning Prayers for the Lord’s Speaking Through His Word
Now sing, read or declare the second stanza:
As Spirit He speaks thru the Word Till my heart in echo is singing, And the fount of life with His grace and pow’r Within my soul is springing. And He speaks to me and reveals to me All His riches for me today; And I drink of Him for my every need, My thirsting has passed away.
Now try making this second stanza your personal prayer inviting the Lord to speak to you in His Word. You might pray,
7. “Lord, this morning speak to me through Your Word ’til my heart in echo is singing.”
8. “Speak to me in Your Word ’til the fount of life with Your grace and power within my soul is springing.”
9. “Lord, may I drink of You in Your Word for my every need, ’til my thirst has passed away.”
3 Simple Morning Prayers for the Lord’s Tender Dealing, Saturating, and Supplying Your Soul
Finally sing, declare or praise the Lord with the third stanza:
In tenderness He deals with me,
While I stay with joy in His presence;
And He saturates and supplies my soul
With all His precious essence.
And He speaks to me and reveals to me
All His riches for me today;
And in every way I partake of Him,
My problems all passed away.
Conclude by making this third stanza your simple prayer for the Lord’s tender dealing, saturating and supplying your soul with Himself,
10. “O Lord, in tenderness deal with me while I stay with joy in Your presence. It’s only in Your presence that I can receive Your dealing.”
11. “Lord Jesus, saturate me and supply my soul with your precious essence.”
12. “Praise you Lord, that while I’m partaking of You in such a way, my problems have all passed away.”
It’s such a great way to start your day, to be filled in your spirit with Christ and to let His words dwell in you richly for the whole day (Eph. 5:18-19; Col. 3:16).
After you’ve tried turning this hymn into simple prayers to the Lord, let me know in a comment how it enriched and refreshed your time with the Lord in the morning.
References and Further Reading:
- The subject hymn, I Come to His Presence Afresh is from Hymns, published by Living Stream Ministry, Lyrics by Witness Lee.
- You may also enjoy reading a related post, My Favorite Hymn on Coming to the Lord in His Word.
- Here are few more of my favorite hymns or spiritual songs that you can try turning into simple morning prayers to begin your day:
- I Come to Thee Dear Lord and view lyrics
- Jesus Lord, I’m Captured by Thy beauty
- You may also enjoy reading one of our favorite posts, 10 Short Morning Prayers We Can Pray to the Lord
- I’d also recommend Hymnal.net as great resource for finding other similar songs and hymns that can enrich your experience of the Lord.
- Photo Credit: Tom Smith – Vacation in Zion National Park
A morning prayer is a wonderful way to focus your time and attention on seeking God’s plan for the day ahead. Whether you need encouragement, peace, strength, or rest, God can meet you in a very real and present way when you come before Him with a humble heart. Seek God’s presence each morning before your energy and attention is pulled by all the tasks you have ahead.
Here are 10 helpful morning prayers to start your day:
1. “Lord, may nothing separate me from You today. Teach me how to choose only Your way today so each step will lead me closer to You. Help me walk by the Word and not my feelings. Help me to keep my heart pure and undivided. Protect me from my own careless thoughts, words, and actions. And keep me from being distracted by MY wants, MY desires, MY thoughts on how things should be. Help me to embrace what comes my way as an opportunity… rather than a personal inconvenience. And finally, help me to rest in the truth of Psalm 86:13, ‘Great is your love toward me.’ You already see the ways I will fall short and mess up. But right now, I consciously tuck Your whisper of absolute love for me into the deepest part of my heart. I recognize Your love for me is not based on my performance. You love me warts and all. That’s amazing. But what’s most amazing is that the Savior of the world would desire a few minutes with me this morning. Lord, help me to forever remember what a gift it is to sit with You like this. Amen.”
– Lysa Terkeurst
“I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.” – Psalm 16:8
3. “Dear Lord, I don’t know who or what will cross my path today. But I do know that You are my Rock and my Fortress. You are my Shield and my Strong Tower. Help me to anchor myself to You today. Teach me how to stand strong in You and choose only Your way today. Help me walk by Your truth and not my feelings. Help me to embrace anything that comes my way as an opportunity to see You at work and as an opportunity to point others to You. Thank You that You love me and nothing can ever take that away from me! Even if I fail today and fall short, You whisper Your unconditional love deep into my soul and remind me that Your mercies are new every morning. That truly amazes me, Lord. Thank You for meeting with me today. Would You wake me again tomorrow with the same sweet whisper of Your love? I can’t wait to meet with You again. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
– Wendy Blight
“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3
5. “Lord, grant me tenacious winsome courage as I go through this day. When I am tempted to give up, help me to keep going. Grant me a cheerful spirit when things don’t go my way. And give me courage to do whatever needs to be done. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”
– Dr. Ray Pritchard
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
6. “Father, my heart is heavy. I feel like I have to carry the burden alone. Words like overwhelmed, distraught, exhausted seem to describe where I am. I am not sure how to let you carry my heavy load, so please show me how. Take it from me. Let me rest and be refreshed so that my heart won’t be so heavy in the morning. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”
– Ron Moore
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
7. “Dear Lord, help me remember what a difference it makes when I make time with You a priority in my morning. Awaken me in body and spirit each day with a desire to meet with You and to hear You speak words of affirmation, assurance and wisdom over my heart as I prepare to go into my day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”
– Traci Miles
“If any of your lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” James 1:5
9. The prayer of Jabez: “Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that You would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let Your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.'” 1 Chronicles 4:10
10. “I got up early one morning
And rushed right into the day;I had so much to accomplishThat I didn’t have time to pray.Problems just tumbled about me,And heavier came each task;’Why doesn’t God help me?’ I wondered.He answered, ‘You didn’t ask.’I wanted to see joy and beautyBut the day toiled on gray and bleakI wondered why God didn’t show meHe said, ‘But you didn’t seek’,I tried to come into God’s presence;I used all my keys in the lock.God gently and lovingly chided,’My child, you didn’t knock.’I woke up early this morning,And paused before entering the day;I had so much to accomplishThat I had to take time to pray.”
Read our 9 Good Night Prayers to end your day with peace and thankfulness!
Please let us know how these morning prayers have helped you in the comments below! Join our large praying community and experience the peace and joy that God freely gives each day.
For more daily encouragement, read our 30 Inspirational Quotes that will help you shine your light today!
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersThe Prayer of JabezShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerThe Prayer of St FrancisSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerIrish Prayers and BlessingsAdvent PrayersChristmas PrayersThanksgiving PrayerHoly Week Prayers for Each DayEaster PrayersMother’s Day PrayerPrayers for My HusbandPrayers for My SonPrayers for My DaughterPrayer Quotes
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.