by A C (Usa)
Dear Lord, God, Above all Gods, You are our Father, and I know that you watch over your creation. This is your world. Earth is your footstool. We on earth are people you created. Lord, when we feel depressed and confused over all that is happening around us, help us to remember that You are there . You comfort us and fill us with your peace. Let us know that you are there in the storms , and the storms of our lives. Calm our fear, and give us peace. When we are hurting, and sick, and we don’t know what to do, please be with us, and give us patience to endure the pain that we are dealing with. Let us remember that Jesus suffered on the cross for us, and our suffering is only a portion of what He suffered. Let us remember to think of you when we suffer ,and think of Jesus , the Son. You care for us, because I know that you are loving, kind , and good. You are wonderful, our teacher, our hope, and our lives depend on You. You give us breath, life and truth. Thank you Jesus, and the Father , for taking care of your children. Save us from the evil one. Amen
Return to Prayer for Depression
Some days, life is just hard. The days look dark. Uncertain times and stress mount high. An unexpected diagnosis or devastating loss can feel too difficult to face.
Though we may realize our faith is most strengthened, not in the easy times of life, but in the most trying, it’s often hard to walk that out once we’re swirling in the midst of it all. We long for carefree days, yet sometimes, God takes our hand and leads us straight into the darkest of times. Not to harm us, ever. But to bring greater strength, character, trust, beauty, and perseverance to the deepest part of our souls.
His desire for us in this life is to ultimately make us more like Him. To have a relationship with us. He will not leave us sitting in dark days but will walk with us through until we come out on the other side. Changed. Stronger. Renewed. With great purpose.
For those who need fresh hope today…you are not alone.
You are never forgotten.
He is with you.
Every step of the way.
Table of contents
10 Verses for when you feel broken, for those in need of comfort:
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Ps 147:3
“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” Ps 34:18
“But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6
“I believe I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait on the Lord.” Ps 27:13-14
“Blessed be God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble by the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.” 2 Cor 1:3-4
“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
“He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds, you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2:24
“Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.” Ps 55:22
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28-30
“But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 2 Cor 12:9
Know that He loves you, He cares about what you’re walking through, every single thing. And He hasn’t left you, not ever. Praying that you’ll have a fresh glimpse of His Presence as He’s bringing you through, to the other side of the grief.
There’s more in store…He has good for you…and whispers hope.
A Prayer for When You’re Hurting
Some days feel too hard. We’re hurting. Struggling. Fighting fear and worry at every turn. Thank you in the midst of it all, you haven’t left us to fend for ourselves. Forgive us for doubting you are there. Forgive us for thinking you’ve forgotten. Forgive us for believing we somehow know the better way.
You are fully trustworthy. You are All-Powerful. You are Able. You are Lord over every situation no matter how difficult it may seem. You are Healer and will never waste the grief we carry today. You will use all things for good in some way. Anything is possible with you. Nothing is too difficult for you.
We pray for those who grieve today. We ask for your comfort to surround those who weep. We pray for the peace of your presence to cover our minds and thoughts, as you remind us, the enemy can never steal us out of your hands. He never has the final say over our lives. We are kept safe in your presence forever, whether in life or in death.
We thank you that your ways are higher than our ways and your thoughts are bigger than our thoughts.
We lay it all down at your feet, every burden, every care. Believing that is the safest place for it to be.
We love you, Lord, we need your fresh grace.
In the Powerful Name of Jesus,
What are you praying for God to take control of today? Join our large community of praying believers in the comments below and experience hope, peace and comfort as you face each day.
Debbie McDaniel is a writer, pastor’s wife, mom to three amazing kids (and a lot of pets). Join her each morning on Fresh Day Ahead’s Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/DebbieWebbMcDaniel, for daily encouragement in living strong, free, hope-filled lives. Find her also at and
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthIntercessory PrayerPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersThe Prayer of JabezShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerThe Prayer of St FrancisA Birthday PrayerIrish Prayers and BlessingsAdvent PrayersChristmas PrayersThanksgiving PrayerPrayer Quotes
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
During difficult times, it is always difficult to bring yourself together to write words of sympathy, though you might have words in your mind to write, the heart can sometimes get too heavy to translate it into writing. However, most effective messages are short and straight to the point. Comforting sympathy messages are known to heal broken hearts, and bring comfort to a troubled heart. Here are some comforting sympathy card messages
Also Read: 100 Condolence Sayings and Sympathy Messages
Sympathy Card Wordings
1. “Name of Deceased” will remain in our hearts forever.
2. We pray the love of God enfolds you during your journey through grief.
3. We send you thoughts of comfort.
4. Please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss…our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
5. With love and hugs,
6. Thinking of you in these difficult times.
7. May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared comfort you now and in the days ahead.
8. Our hearts are filled with sorrow.
9. We’re sharing your sorrow.
10. We are thinking of you.
11. With deepest sympathy.
12. When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
13. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. Kahlil Gibran
14. Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll. Unknown
15. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. – Author Unknown
16. Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow” -(Robert Louis Stevenson)
17. May these flowers in some way help to express our heartfelt sympathy.
18. Especially for you at this difficult time.
19. With heartfelt sympathy and understanding thoughts in this time of sadness.
20. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
21. Thinking of you at this time of sorrow.
22. We are thinking of you during this difficult time.
23. With deepest sympathy,
24. My sincere sympathy,
25. Our warmest condolences,
See also: 100 Uplifting Sympathy Messages For Loved Ones
26. With heartfelt condolences,
27. Please accept my condolences
28. Our hearts are saddened by your loss and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
29. We may not understanding why sad things happen, may it somehow help to know how much we
30. We wish to express our sympathy in your loss and to let you know that our thoughts are with you.
31. At a time such as this, words cannot express our feelings
32. “Every blade in the field, every leaf in the forest, lays down its life in its season, as beautifully as it was taken up.” -(Henry David Thoreau)
33. We will miss “name of deceased”.
34. We share comfort in knowing “name of deceased” is no longer suffering. We send thoughts of sympathy and support to you as you begin your journey without “name of deceased”.
35. Remembering you and “name of deceased” in our minds and in our hearts.
36. With thoughts of peace and courage for you,
37. We send you thoughts of peace and courage.
38. The pain of loss is something that none can escape, but you don’t have to go through it alone. I’m available any time.
39. It’s difficult to lose someone close. If there is any way I can make things easier for you please let me know. Expect me to call to check on you in the next week.
40. I am praying for you to get through this time with the peace that comes from the knowledge that God loves you and that He will take care of you.
41. I am sending you this card to let you know that I am thinking of you. I am sorry for your loss.
42. “Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow.” Author Unknown
43. “We never lose the ones we love, for love itself lives on, and the joy we knew together is never really gone. It lives in precious memories of those who were so dear, memories that bring comfort and keep our loved ones near.”
44. With deepest sympathy
45. With our warmest condolences
46. May the peace that comes from the memories of love shared comfort you now and in the days ahead.
47. With thoughts of peace and courage for you
48. We are deeply sorry to hear about the death of “name of deceased”.
49. Remember that we love and care about you.
50. As you grieve know that we are remembering you and honoring the memory of “name of the deceased”.
51. With caring thoughts,
52. With loving memories of “name of deceased”,
53. Sent with love and remembrance,
54. Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow.
55. “Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow.” Dan Rather
56. “Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.” Eskimo Legend
57. “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed and very dear.” Unknown
58. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
59. Our hearts are saddened to hear of your loss.
60. Peace, Prayers and Blessings,
You might also like: 200 Best Thank You Messages For Your Best Friends
More Comforting Sympathy Card Messages
61. Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your hearts.
62. Those we love who pass away live on in us through our memories and our character.
63. I am sorry about your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
64. I don’t know what you’ll need in the coming days, but I’ll be checking in on you.
65. My deepest sympathies are with you and your family at this time of grieving.
66. May you be comforted by the outpouring of love surrounding you.
67. When reason fails, pray for peace. We will be praying with you.
68. I was saddened to hear of your loss, and I realize you have lost a blessing from God. I pray that God will bless continue to bless you in other ways and strengthen you.
69. I am at a loss of words, and I don’t know what to say to you to help you feel better. Please accept my condolences anyway. I’ll be praying for you.
70. I can’t think of anything I can say that will make everything better. I do want you to know that I love you and that I am available to talk.
71. Please know our loving thoughts embrace you.
72. May you have memories for comfort, friends for support, and flowers to ease your sadness.
73. Though words, however gentle, cannot take your loss away, still may these flowers sent in sympathy help comfort you today.
74. Our thoughts are with you.
75. Please accept our deepest sympathy for the loss of your Mother.
76. “Those we love remain with us for love itself lives on, and cherished memories never fade because a loved one’s gone. Those we love can never be more than a thought apart. For as long there is a memory, they’ll live on in our hearts.” – Author Unknown
77. “Whenever you use a person’s name it means they are still alive.” Anon
78. Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel about “name of deceased” death. We are here to support you in your grieving process. With sincere sympathy,
79. “Name of deceased” brought so many gifts to our life. We will never forget him/her!
80. I hope that you know that you can call me anytime about anything. Let me know what I can do to help.
81. I am praying for you to have peace and strength at this time. You have my deepest sympathies.
82. I hope you understand that when people write in a card, ‘Sorry for your loss,’ it is only because they can’t put together words to describe what they are wanting to express to you during this time. With that said, I am sorry for your loss.
83. I am sorry you lost your dad. I haven’t written a sympathy card message before, so I don’t know exactly what to say. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
84. May your heart and soul find peace and comfort.
85. Please accept these flowers and hear the words we are not able to speak.
86. I know that I can’t fix the pain you feel. I want you to know I feel for you, I’m thinking of you, and I’d do anything to help you.
87. I could not possibly understand what you are feeling. I want to send you my deepest sympathy. I’m willing to listen.
88. I know that even though you have a loss, you still have some great memories. I hope those memories will bring give you comfort.
89. I struggle for the right words to give you support. Please accept my condolences.
90. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
91. In loving memory.
92. With heartfelt condolences.
93. Fondest remembrances.
94. I wish I could express to you all the appropriate words. All I can say is that I am sorry for your loss and that I want you to know that you mean a great deal to me.
95. Please accept my condolences to you during this difficult time. I want you to know that you’re in my prayers.
96. I know there’s nothing I can say or do to fix things. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
97. I wish I could do more than give you my sympathy. Please let me know how I can help. Know that I am here if you need anything, and I love you.
98. You are in my thoughts.
99. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
100. May you take comfort in knowing there is one more angel above us.
101. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
102. Always in our hearts
103. Gone but not forgotten
104. We will always cherish the beautiful memories of “name of deceased”.
105. My heart is with you in your time of sorrow.
106. “Name of deceased” will be greatly missed but his/her warmth, kindness, and gentle spirit will be remembered forever.
107. With our love and deepest sympathy as we remember “name of deceased”.
108. May memories of “name of deceased” and the love of family surround you and give you strength in the days ahead.
109. Thinking of you and wishing you peace and comfort as you remember “name of deceased”.
110. Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your heart.
111. May He who knows your sorrow bring peace, comfort, and healing to your soul.
112. Words seem inadequate to express the sorrow felt by the loss of “name of deceased”. My heart is with you.
113. Someone as special as “name of deceased” will never be forgotten. He/she will remain in our hearts forever.
114. I pray that in the midst of your sorrow you find comfort in all the joyful memories shared.
115. With loving memories of “name of deceased”.
116. Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.
117. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort.
118. Hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends and family for strength, and always remember how much you are loved.
119. We share in this time of grief but also share in the love and memories of “name of deceased”.
120. “Name of deceased” will always be within your heart and the many others that loved him/her and as close as a beautiful memory.
121. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
122. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength.
123. Keeping you close in heart and prayer for the loss of your beloved “name of deceased”.
124. Our deepest sympathy.
125. May loving memories ease your loss and bring you comfort.
126. Words cannot express my sadness. May the comfort of God help you through this difficult time.
127. I would like to send my condolences to you and your family. I’ll keep you in my prayers.
128. I am at a loss for words over your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.
129. I love you and want to let you know that I will help you in any way you think I can. Just name it.
130. Those we lose continue on in our hearts and memories.
131. May God bless and keep you and your family in His care now and forever. You are in my Prayers.
132. I just wanted to let you know my thoughts and my prayers are with you and your family through this heartbreaking time. Nothing I can say will ease your pain but just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. Love to you and your family
133. Extending deep and heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
134. I wish I could gather the right words to make your pain less and offer you some comfort. You are always in my thoughts.
135. With heartfelt sympathy, may you feel our love embrace you during this difficult time.
136. I want you to know that I am willing to help you in any way. I’ll be in touch with you to check in on you and see how you are doing.
137. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
138. Losing a pet can be tough. Feel free to visit mine any time you’d like.
139. I like to believe that when we lose someone close to us, they still live through us and give us strength. The time we have spent with those we’ve lost makes them part of us.
140. Our deepest sympathies during your time of loss. Please know that we are here for you. With Love
141. In loving memory of Aunt Bernice, she will be missed dearly.
142. I have been thinking about you a lot lately and I want you to know how sincerely sorry I am. I can’t begin to understand your loss. Please let me know if there is anything, absolutely anything, I can do.
143. I am so sorry for you loss. You are such a dear friend and I want you to know that you and your family are thought of and I will hold you in my heart. Be encouraged and know that God holds her in his arms and peace is her covering. God bless you.
144. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this heartbreaking time. There’s nothing I can say that will ease your pain but I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. My deepest condolences.
145. I want you to know that I am sorry for your loss. Please accept my sincere condolences.
I’m available if you need to talk. Expect me to call you soon if I don’t hear from you first.
146. I know loss can be difficult, so I’ll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.
Please forgive me for my loss of words at this time. I will be praying for you and your family. My condolences.
147. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your sister. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
148. We wish to extend our condolences and let you know you are all in our thoughts and prayers.
149. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing the monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” —C.S. Lewis
150. “When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.”
Other interesting reads:
70 Best Out of Office Messages That Always Work
80+ Cute Goodnight Text Messages that Melt the Heart
120 Get Well Soon Messages and Wishes
150 Good Morning Text Messages
100 Good Morning Sayings
100+ Best Retirement Messages
85 Best Graduation Messages and Wishes
227 Happy Anniversary To My Husband Messages
The Bible says: “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with gratitude, make your requests known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will protect your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7
When you are stressed or broken you can turn to His word and find tranquility. Jesus said: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27. Let us seek the Prince of Peace in prayer that we may have that peace that passes all understanding.
Praying for Peace
Oh Mighty and Loving Father, we come to you today to ask that you grant us peace in the middle of our raging storms.
Give us the peace we desire within our mind, body and soul, so that our hearts would not be troubled even as the gale sweeps down upon us. As the future presents its own fears, calm our storms and settle our hearts.
Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
O Gracious Father, give us peace within our homes. Be present in the middle of our petty arguments and fights. Be present in the homes of couples suffering from emotional, physical and mental abuse.
Dear God, give us the strength and comfort within our minds so that we will have the courage and wisdom to know when and how to walk away.
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Give us peace, Oh Merciful Father, within our communities, our country and the world. Lord, manage the crime; the robberies, the gang wars, the rape and the overall murders.
We declare peace in our neighbourhood today! Oh Jesus, help us all, especially the families,who have recently lost loved ones; be their comforter in these difficult times.
In Jesus’ name we pray.. AMEN!!!!!
O Gracious Father, give us peace within our homes. Be present in our petty arguments and fights. Click To Tweet
Have a look at these Prayers for Peace:
- In the Family
- In my Heart
- Praying for Conflict Resolution
Some More Bible Verses for Peace
Psalm 29:11 The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.