Do you know how to clean your home spiritually? This house cleansing prayer will help you to remove any evil spirits in your home.
The truth is at some point an evil spirit will enter your home. The faster you can evict it, the better. For some of us, due to lack of knowledge or fear, we ignore it hoping that it will go away. After awhile we learn that the only way it will leave is if we evict it.
So, what are the signs that indicate you may need to have your house cleansed spiritually?
- You have spots in your house that are cold and there is no A/C vent to explain why it’s cold in that one spot
- Your dog/cat barks or growls at walls or specific areas in your home and when there is no one there
- Out of the corner of your eye you see shadows or like someone walked by when no one did
- Sometimes the hairs on your arm stand on end for no apparent reason
- You hear noises when the house is quite (this doesn’t apply if you live in a new construction home and the house may be settling)
- Sometimes you feel afraid being in the house alone.
- You have a picture, a mirror, a piece of art or furniture, stuffed animal, even a book that gives you the heebie jeebies.
- There is a room in your house that you don’t like, you never hang out in that room and you don’t know why.
- You hear doors opening and closing in your house but in the natural nobody was coming in or going out.
- You started having lots of bad dreams since you moved in.
- Your family was fine before you moved in and then a week later everything is upside down. Your kids get aggressive, a lot of arguing, your home has become contentious
- You’re online searching for articles to cleanse your house…that’s sure sign you know something is not right with the house.
You may not have had any of these issues before in your house and the suddenly things started happening. It is possible you had someone in your house that is involved in witchcraft or they have spirits attached to them and these spirits followed them into your home.
Also, if you like going to consignment shops and buying antiques you may have picked some up there too.
Please read this if you are about to purchase or rent a new home
A few “spiritual red flags” to keep in mind if you are in the process of purchasing or renting a home. We call these spiritual red flags because in the natural none of these would be an issue:
- Someone died in the house (it’s a good question to ask when you are purchasing a home and it’s vacant “where are the previous owners?”). You may not have any issues if they were a Christian but if they were not, it’s a risk.
- The house sat vacant for more than a year. Evil spirits love to occupy empty spaces (Matthew 12:43-45)
- The seller had the house feng shui or was involved in any other kind of spiritual practice that is not Christian. Signs of this would be dream catchers everywhere, buddhas, crystals.
- The house is a foreclosure. What’s wrong with foreclosures? Well, what if the person who had it before the current owner was also foreclosed upon? What if there is another foreclosure next door, across the street, down the road? Too many foreclosures in a neighborhood is a very bad sign. The area could have a principality over it of poverty and lack. So what would generally happen is that you may have been steadily employed for the last 30 years, you found this great foreclosure deal and the next thing you know 2 months later you lost you job. Then you go into foreclosure. You need to be aware that if you choose to buy a foreclosure you may be battling demons to keep the house.
- Too may houses for sale or rent in the neighborhood. If the owners are abandoning a neighborhood this may not be a good sign. Do some more research and understand you are taking a risk.
- The house is on an Indian burial ground or near one. Not good.
- Do a little investigative work and find out what’s happening in the neighborhood. Go back without the realtor and start talking to the people in the community and find out what’s going on. You may find out that there are common issues among the neighbors – drugs, suicide, several people lost their job, anything. Random things are OK but if you see or hear a pattern then you will want to take note. This will be an indication of the demonic spirits you’ll have to battle once you move in.
- If you are buying a new construction house and it took over 2 -3 years to be built. Remember evil spirits like vacant spaces so if you had the foundation laid and walls put up and ran out of money so the house had to sit vacant for awhile. This could be an issue.
- It is always a good idea to go by the neighborhood again at night time. You may pick up other things spiritually then that you didn’t discern in the day time hours.
You may buy a house with one or a few of these “spiritual red flags” and have no issues. Yes, this is possible. However, there will be many more people reading this that just discovered the reason for the spiritual war they are currently facing in their home.
Can you get free from these evil spirits? Yes. Do you need a pastor or a priest to do this for you? You can ask them but it is not necessary. We can walk you through the steps and you do it yourself. Or if you have a friend that is a Christian intercessor you can ask them to help.
What about sage, smudge or smudging with sage? Well, that is actually new age and this is a Christian ministry so we don’t do that. Besides what we do with get to the root of the issue. You want to pull it up at the root. If you are burning incense you will be burning incense for the rest of your life because you haven’t dealt with the root issue.
Are there any situations where the spirits won’t leave? Yes. When you move into a house you have dominion over it. Anything that enters your house you can tell it to leave and it will. However, if you buy something that is built on an Indian burial ground then you moved into their domain. Also, if you have items that are giving these spirits access to your home and you refuse to get rid of them then they will come back.
What you use for this spiritual house cleansing is anointing oil and a bible.
If you don’t have anointing oil buy some online. The type of oil does not matter. Or, you can make you own by taking some of your olive oil and pouring it into a separate bottle which you will only use for anointing in prayer. You can take it to church and ask your pastor to pray over the oil or someone from the prayer ministry to bless the oil. (Mark 6:13, James 5:14)
This is a long process which can take 1.5 – 5 hours to complete depending on how many evil spirits or items you need to remove from your house and the size of your house.
As such, we have broken this down into 3 parts so you can choose to do them all at once or on 3 different days. You can’t change the order. It needs to be done in this order so that the final step of the prayer will completely cleanse your house.
Steps 1 & 2 you need to do in preparation for the cleansing of your home.
Step 1 to spiritually cleanse your house from demonically charged items
- You have items in your house that make you uncomfortable. You need to throw them in the trash. Don’t give them to someone else, dump them.
The truth is after this first step most of the spirits will be gone. Spirits can attach themselves to items. If you absolutely love antiquing you are taking a risk every time you bring something into your house because you don’t know who owned the item before you or what they did. Also, if you have a friend or relative that you know is involved in witchcraft or the occult then whatever gifts they gave you must to be thrown out.
Occasionally we meet people who are attached to things because it has sentimental value or it cost them thousands of dollars and they don’t want to get rid of it. If this is you, we can’t help you and the prayer won’t get rid of the spirits. If you are too attached to things there is a possibility you won’t be free of these evil spirits.
100% of the time we don’t have to point out the items that are holding these spirits, the home owner already knows because the item makes them feel uncomfortable.
Just throw it in the trash.
Acts 19:19 (NIV) “A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas.”
When you decide you want to be free from these evil spirits the cost won’t matter. The fact that the item has a demonic spirit attached to it means it was used in someone’s home who was heavily involved in witchcraft or false religions. Or the item may have been crafted or built by someone who was demonically possessed.
Step 2 to spiritually cleanse yourself
2. You need to confess your sins. This is important because if you are going to throw these spirits out of your house you can’t give them any legal grounds to remain. Jesus said in John 14:30 the prince of this world is coming and he has no claim over me. Likewise, when you start telling the spirit to leave they must have no claim over you or have a hold on you.
The flip side of that scripture is John 13:8 when Jesus tells Peter come and let me wash your feet because if you don’t wash your feet you can have no part of me. In other words, unless you are cleansed of the sins that you committed as you are traveling through the world you and I have nothing in common. You must be properly aligned with God to start this process.
Here is a prayer for repentance and confession of sins:
Father God, I come to you in the name of Jesus asking for forgiveness of my sins. I’m repenting for _________, __________. _______(call out all the sins that you know you are currently participating in) I ask you to wash me clean from these sins. Guide me by your Holy Spirit to doing the things that are pleasing to You. (You need to anoint yourself as you pray this) Cleanse my mind so that I will have pure thoughts, cleanse my tongue so that my speech may be pleasing to you, cleanse my ears so that I will listen to only what you want me to hear, wash my hands so that I will only touch what you want me to touch, wash my feet so that I will travel only where you would have me go and forgive me for moving towards evil. I accept the completed work of Jesus who died on the cross for all my sins. I consider myself clean in the eyes of the spiritual beings that are around me. I am a new creation and old things have passed away and there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. When they look at me they see me clothe in the Righteousness of Christ, in Jesus Name Amen.
Step 3 to spiritually cleanse your home
3. You are now ready to start praying through your house. You will need your anointing oil.
These are the steps for the prayer
- Put on the armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18)
- You need to ask God for angelic assistance
- You need to open your windows and doors tell the spirits to leave
- You need to close all the portals that the evil spirits are using to enter your home.
- You need to anoint all the windows and doors with oil
House Cleansing Prayer
Father God, I come to you in Jesus Name putting on Your full armor, so that I can take my stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. I put on the full armor of God, so that in this day of evil I may stand my ground. Standing firm with the belt of truth buckled around my waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with my feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which I can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
(You may pray in tongues here through this the Holy Spirit will give discernment on the spirits in your home).
God I ask you to give me the gift of discerning of spirits so that I may remove all the evil spirits from my home. The only spirit that can live here are the ones who are still in the land of the living and bow to the name of Jesus. I ask that your Holy Spirit dwell here with me and my family and that you will lead and guide us through this process today. Please send angelic assistance to help with the removal of all of these evil spirits. Send the angels to war on my behalf and handle any demonic powers that we cannot handle.
(Start opening all the windows and doors in your home or at least one in each room.)
I command every evil spirit to leave this home now in the name of Jesus. You cannot stay here. You have no part in me. I renounce you and any other spirits that come with you.
(If the Holy Spirit specifically impress upon you a particular spirits or spirits make sure to command them to leave by name. e.g spirit of infirmity, addiction, sexual immorality, poverty, suicide, etc. Anything that comes to mind call it by name and tell it leave in the name of Jesus)
(Now you go room by room with the oil anointing all the doors and windows at the top or corner with the sign of the cross. Over each door and window you say this…)
I close this door/window in the spirit realm to any evil spirit. No longer shall you use this as an access point to gain entrance to this home. Only angels assigned by the Commander of Heaven’s armies are allowed to enter this home. I mark the sign of the cross as a reminder to you that this house is covered under the blood of Jesus and you shall Passover it and never enter into this house again, in Jesus Name.
(Go through your entire house and do this for every window and door. If you come across items as you are going through the house that give you a feeling that a spirit may be attached to it you need to remove it from your home.
Just as you have doors in the natural there are doorways that spirits can use to go in and out of your house. This could be mirrors. So you need to take the oil put it on your index finger and make the cross at the top of the mirror or in a corner of the mirror and say…)
If this is a doorway in the spirit realm that evil spirits are using to enter this house I close it in, the name of Jesus. You can no longer use this as a doorway. This is a mirror, an inanimate object that will never be used as a spiritual portal again. I command it to be closed, in Jesus name
That’s it. Once you have gone through all the rooms in your home those spirits will be gone and you can start closing the windows and doors in your house.
This is quite the process but you will feel so much peace in your home after you do this and you should no longer have any spirits in your home.
Here are some other prayers that may help you as well:
Prayer against a Familiar Spirit and Monitoring Spirits
Learn how to:
- Set Up A Telephone Prayer Lines for free
- How to build your Prayer Team
- Obstacles in Building A Prayer Ministry & how to overcome them
- How to Incorporate your Prayer Ministry
- How to Set Up your 501 c3 tax deductible Non Profit Organization
Table of contents
- 1 Spiritual Cleansing Prayer to Eliminate Negativity and Bring In The Highest Vibrations of Light and Love
- 2 House Cleansing Prayer
- 3 When You Call the Angels, They Will Help
- 4 Prayers Are Very Effective
- 5 Discover some more interesting articles from Padre:
- 6 I first learned about how to cleanse your house almost by accident. It was many years ago, shortly after I was saved.
- 7 Before I continue with the story, it’s important for you to know that there is more than one way to cleanse a house.
- 8 The important thing is that you pray and ask the Lord what YOU should do to cleanse your house.
- 9 Why cleansing your house is necessary:
- 10 But Jesus is our blood sacrifice that cleanses our homes.
- 11 Demons can take up residence in houses if the door has been opened to them. However, you don’t need to be afraid. You belong to Jesus, and the earth (with all the property in it) belongs to the Lord as well.
- 12 So here’s how to cleanse your house:
- 13 Step 1: Purge your home of everything that depicts sin, agrees with sin, celebrates sin, or memorializes sin or other evil.
- 14 Recently in the LifeGroup that I teach, Holy Spirit led our conversation to this topic of how to cleanse your house.
- 15 If you aren’t sure what all to get rid of, just start at your front door with a trash bag.
- 16 Why is it so important to throw away items that depict sin and evil?
- 17 Step 2: After you’ve gotten rid of everything that depicts/agrees with evil, verbally command every evil spirit to leave to leave your home and property in Jesus’ name.
- 18 Step 3: Verbally ask God to send His Holy Spirit to fill (manifest Himself in) your home and property.
- 19 Step 4: Anoint the top and sides of every window and door in your home with oil.
- 20 I began feeling the difference in the house before I was even finished anointing.
- 21 Step 5: As you anoint your home, decree the name of the Lord over it.
- 22 Here’s the name which Holy Spirit told me to decree over my property:
- 23 Step 6: Anoint the ground at the four corners of your property, and walk your property lines (decreeing the name of the Lord over it) if possible.
- 24 When I cleansed my house the first time, I lived in a not-so-great (i.e. somewhat dangerous) neighborhood.
- 25 Step 7: As you finish circling your property, decree that the circle of protection be unbroken.
- 26 There you go. How to cleanse your house in seven easy steps.
- 27 And finally, another story to inspire you:
- 28 But this precious lady felt Holy Spirit’s Presence so strongly in my home that the peace in the atmosphere healed her.
- 29 Want free equipping? Sign up for my free, online equipping program–Presence Seekers University–and get my FREE Supernatural Lifestyle Toolkit ($28 value) as my gift to you!
Spiritual Cleansing Prayer to Eliminate Negativity and Bring In The Highest Vibrations of Light and Love
This is prayer and invocation to call light, Angels, and higher vibrational frequencies into your home works!
It releases stagnant or dense energy, negativity and even entities. You’ll then fill your home with love, light and angels to elevate the vibration. This allows you to create a supportive, nurturing, safe place for you to live, thrive, and spiritually grow.
This allows you to create a supportive, nurturing, safe place for you to live, thrive, and spiritually grow.
The great thing about this house cleansing prayer is that it can be done by itself and you don’t need any tools.
You could choose to use the prayer in conjunction with White Sage, Palo Santo, or any other cleansing incense or tool you like. Sound healing is also a beautiful, powerful way to cleanse your space and raise its vibration.
Know that this prayer works in conjunction with external tools or cleansing rituals, but it’s also effective on its own.
If you like this video, be sure to follow me on YouTube here!
House Cleansing Prayer
To begin, close your eyes, take a deep relaxing breath, and begin to shift your awareness within. Then say:
“I now call upon my team of Guides, Angels, Ascended Masters, and my higher self. Please enter into this present point in time, enter into my home, filling my home with the highest vibration of love, light, and divine frequency.
I call upon Archangel Michael to usher out and release into the light any lower vibrations of fear, negativity, or stuck or stagnant energies. I call upon Archangel Azrael to release any earthbound attachments, lower vibrational beings, and anything that does not serve in creating a safe, happy and harmonious environment for me to live in.
Angels, please fill the entire building with light, bringing in love, joy, peace, and harmony. Raise the vibration, release all that no longer serves.
I ask that you surround my entire home (or building if you’re in a condo, hotel, or attached unit) with an orb of light. I ask that anything inside of this orb that is not in alignment with unconditional love or that does not have the highest interest of humanity and all beings be released into the light of the Divine.
I call upon love, peace, harmony, well-being, and Divine presence to take its place.
Thank you, Angels, for filling my entire home with light. Flow light into every corner, crevice, and cabinet. Under and around the furniture, clothes and my belongings… Under the floors, in between the walls, and above the roof… Cleanse the energy and elevate the vibration… Above, below, behind, beside and all around.
Thank you for filling my entire home with light, cleansing all that no longer serves, and raising the vibration in the way that will most serve me and the highest and greatest good of all.
I ask this according to Divine Will. Thank you for your support and love and frequency, and so it is.”
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
When Called Upon, Your Angels Will Answer
Know that when you call Angels into your space when you call light into your space, that light and Angels appear. You may visualize lower vibrations leaving and higher levels of love and light pouring in. Open your heart, let your light expand, and know that it is well within your power to call in the Angels, to call in cleansing and create a powerful shift in your home environment.
I’ve written about more methods you can use to energetically clear your home here!
Remember when you ask your Angels for help they will answer because you are loved, supported, and guided by Angels right now and always.
With love, light, and gratitude,
Often your house gets filled with the negativity and negative energy; which is a normal thing in the course of life. However, you need to find ways to cleanse your house spiritually to get rid of any sort of negativity that exists. For this, the most effective and efficient way is the house cleansing prayer. It is discussed in detail here for your assistance…
House Cleansing Prayer
Prayers are a very effective way to connect with the spiritual realm. Angels are the spiritual characters that are always with you in time of need, help, guidance, and assistance. They have been with you since the time you were born and will remain with you till the day you breathe your last breath.
To ensure your prayer being heard and answered, you need to start with a good intent and a pure heart. You must not intend to harm anyone else by your prayer or your doings. If you have a bad intent while making your prayer, it will be heard, but it will not be answered. Thus, you need to be very careful when making a prayer if you want it to be accepted.
To start your cleansing prayer, you need first to empty your mind and take a deep breath. Now, shift your awareness and make your prayer to the Angels:
I call upon my Guardian Angel and other Angels to bless me with their light and love to fill my home, and my surrounding environment with the highest vibration of love, light, and divine frequency.
Oh, my Guardian Angel and other Angels, I call upon you to eradicate the negative energy that resides inside my house. I ask for help to cleanse my house and fill it with the positive energy of joy and happiness.
Thank you, for filling my entire home with your love and light. Let the light flow into every corner of every room, through every door, and every cabinet. Down, above, behind, and besides, spread the light everywhere.
Thank you for your support and help, thank you!
When You Call the Angels, They Will Help
House Cleansing prayer for your home is a very strong method of prayer that helps immediately cleanse your house with the blessed help of the angels. When the angels are called upon, they never reject your prayer or ignore it thus, you have the surety of help arriving at your footsteps.. They will always be at your service to help you with whatever sort of situation you need help with.
The spiritual cleansing prayer cleans your house entirely of any bad eye that might be potential upon it, or any negative vibrational frequencies someone might have left. If you think that things in your home are not going in accordance to the normal course of everyday life, make sure you make the house cleansing prayer to the angels so that they can help, guide, and assist you in making your house filled with their love and light.
Prayers Are Very Effective
Amongst all the other forms of rituals and traditions that exist to cleanse the house of any bad eye or negative energy, the prayer for house cleansing has been known to be the most effective one by far. It is known to cleanse the house in the shortest span of time and the effect of the love and light of the angels lasts longer than any other method.
Thus, it is very effective and very authentic to call upon the angels for help regarding such a matter. Angels are always with you!
Discover some more interesting articles from Padre:
- MOTHER OF ANGELS – WHO IS MOTHER MARY?
- ENERGY VAMPIRES – LEARN HOW TO AVOID THEIR NEGATIVITY!
- STARSEED, LIGHTWORKER OR EARTH ANGEL – ARE THEY DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER?
Do you feel spiritually uncomfortable in your house? Have things happened in your home that are unholy? If so, you need to know how to cleanse your house so you can get rid of any demonic forces that oppress you or your environment.
I first learned about how to cleanse your house almost by accident. It was many years ago, shortly after I was saved.
I wasn’t planning to cleanse my house that day; I was planning to go to work, just like any other day. I had actually gotten in my car and begun driving down the street toward my office, when the Holy Spirit interrupted me. He spoke to me plain as day and told me to turn around and cleanse my house.
I called my supervisor, asked for a few hours off work, and then began the task.
Before I continue with the story, it’s important for you to know that there is more than one way to cleanse a house.
When I cleansed my home the first time, the Lord showed me how to do it and what to do. I’ve been doing it the same way ever since, and I’ve never felt led to do things any differently.
However, one of my pastors cleanses a house slightly differently. I’ve talked to other people also who have done it slightly differently than I do it, and differently than my pastor’s method also. That’s all well and good; your method may be a little different too.
The important thing is that you pray and ask the Lord what YOU should do to cleanse your house.
Holy Spirit will show you what He needs you to do. He, and He alone, knows:
- what’s in your house;
- what has happened there in the past; and
- what kind of evil forces any items or history in your house may be harboring.
So even though I can tell you how to do the job based on my personal experience, you’ll want to submit this to the Lord for your situation and follow His guidance, okay?
Why cleansing your house is necessary:
Cleansing your house–and keeping it cleansed–is crucial because evil forces (literal demonic spirits) always take up residence anywhere that a door has been opened to them.
In Leviticus 14:33-53 (which is too long to quote here; but you’ll want to look it up), God prescribed specific ways the Israelites should cleanse a house when they entered the Promised Land. He prescribed that houses should be cleansed because the Israelites were entering a formerly-pagan land, where:
- idols had been worshipped;
- demonic offerings and sacrifices made;
- and homes were literally and spiritually contaminated.
He even required a blood sacrifice in the process of cleansing the home.
But Jesus is our blood sacrifice that cleanses our homes.
If you are a blood-bought child of Jesus Christ, then demons have no place in you or in your life. However, if you’ve opened a door to them, they’ll still oppress you until you get that door closed and get rid of them.
Demons can also take up residence in your house if you give them opportunity. And if they’re in your home, it’s 100% certain that you’ve felt them attacking you and your family. For example:
- Do you have nightmares or night terrors? Those are inspired by demons, and the reason is often because something is in your house that needs to go.
- Do you and your spouse start fighting as soon as you walk in the door, but you’re fine until you get home? If so, something nasty is living in that house that is inciting the fighting.
- Do you feel like you’re being watched? Does the hair on the back of your neck crawl sometimes when you’re at home? Yeah. You’re not imagining it.
Demons can take up residence in houses if the door has been opened to them. However, you don’t need to be afraid. You belong to Jesus, and the earth (with all the property in it) belongs to the Lord as well.
Psalm 24:1 says:
The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.”
Since the earth and all its fullness belong to God, that means your home and any real estate you may own or control belong to God. (When I refer to property you may “control,” I mean if you’re renting a home and don’t own it, you still have legal authority over it in the spirit realm.)
Knowing this, and knowing that you have authority over all the works of darkness through the name and blood of Jesus, you can force any evil spirits in your environment to leave.
So here’s how to cleanse your house:
Step 1: Purge your home of everything that depicts sin, agrees with sin, celebrates sin, or memorializes sin or other evil.
When I cleansed my house the first time, this was the very first thing the Lord told me to do. So I got a big trash bag and began to examine my belongings, walking from one room to another.
And my trash bag began to fill up really quickly. 🙁
The movie collection?
Yeah, Pretty Woman had to go. Why? Because the “pretty woman” was a prostitute, and the movie clearly portrayed fornication. I had several movies I had to get rid of–not movies that most people think of as bad, but movies that portrayed fornication; chick flicks that inspired lust; movies that showed murder and other kinds of sin.
The music collection?
I had CDs the Lord told me to throw away. They were CDs on which the singers sang about lust, sex, etc. They celebrated sin, and the Lord told me to get rid of them.
The book collection?
I had to get rid of books that inspired lust–even some that were Christian books.
I also had a huge collection of Western novels by Louis L’Amour, who was a very talented American fiction writer. L’Amour’s stories were great, and they were about the Western countryside that I love. However, they are full of shooting, killing, robberies, kidnappings, etc. The Lord told me to get rid of them. They memorialized sin.
Every time I threw an item away about which the Lord convicted me, I felt a little lighter. The air felt a little brighter, and the atmosphere felt a little cleaner. And when I finished, I could tell a HUGE difference. The air in my house seemed to sparkle with God’s Presence, glory, and the anointing of the Holy Spirit.
Click the image if you’d like to share it on Facebook!
Recently in the LifeGroup that I teach, Holy Spirit led our conversation to this topic of how to cleanse your house.
And various people in the class mentioned that the Lord had convicted them to throw away things like:
- Jewelry containing symbols from other religions, including horns and crescents;
- Items depicting skulls;
- Home furnishings that had been used for unholy things in various ways; and
- Dark things, like scary, evil-looking figurines and even clothing.
Why was the Lord showing people to get rid of these things? Because:
- Items depicting symbols of other religions (like horns that depict the demon principality Baal, and crescents that depict the demonic religion of Islam) invite the demon spirits over those religions into your home.
- Memories triggered by various home furnishings caused people to think about or dwell on sin;
- Skulls represent and memorialize death, and they invite and harbor spirits of death in your home.
- Dark things harbor any number of evil spirits, just depending on what the dark thing is.
The Holy Spirit was already dealing with people before the conversation in our LifeGroup ever started. Our conversation simply served as a confirmation. And we had testimonies afterward about how people who had never tried it before went ahead and purged things from their home, and they saw a dramatic difference.
Yeah. Worth it.
So, the first step in the process of cleansing your house is to get rid of everything that incites, inspires, memorializes, celebrates, or depicts sin.
Can you help me? I’m praying earnestly for 1,000 partners who give monthly to help me minister to people (in writing and in person) as a domestic missionary. It’s only through gifts of partners like you that this blog is made possible. Find out why, how, and the benefits of partnership for you here. And, thank you in advance for your support!
If you aren’t sure what all to get rid of, just start at your front door with a trash bag.
Start at the front of your house and walk through your entire home. Look at every bookshelf, every mantelpiece, every table, every desk, every piece of wall art, every collection, every closet.
As you walk through your home, ask the Lord to show you each individual item that needs to go.
He wants you to be free more than you want to be free, so you can be guaranteed that He’ll show you! And as He does, I encourage you to follow Him without fear or hesitation. It’s just stuff, and His Presence, glory, and peace in your house are worth so much more.
Why is it so important to throw away items that depict sin and evil?
Because allowing those things to enter/remain in your house gives permission for the demon that inspires those things to come in and stay.
When you get rid of the things that depict sin and evil, you are coming out of agreement with those spirits. You’re basically renouncing your permission for those things to occupy your home.
Step 2: After you’ve gotten rid of everything that depicts/agrees with evil, verbally command every evil spirit to leave to leave your home and property in Jesus’ name.
All power in Heaven and earth is contained in the name of Jesus. If you command those evil spirits to leave in the name of Jesus, they have to leave. And they can’t come back unless you invite them back.
Simple, right? All you have to say is this:
“In the name of Jesus, I command every evil spirit in this house and on this property to leave right now and go where Jesus Christ tells you to go.”
Don’t pray it; you’re not praying to demons. Just command them to leave in Jesus’ name.
Related resource: If you need confidence in knowing how to walk in supernatural authority like Jesus did, please get my 4-MP3 teaching set on Kingdom Authority 101!
Understanding Kingdom Authority is absolutely critical if you want to learn how to dominate and govern in the spirit realm the way Jesus does. Download Kingdom Authority 101 instantly on my Gumroad store here!
And on to step 3!
Step 3: Verbally ask God to send His Holy Spirit to fill (manifest Himself in) your home and property.
Also, ask Him to send angels to minister to you and protect you. Ask the Lord to manifest His glory in your house.
A simple prayer you can use for this is as follows:
“Father God, in Jesus’ name, please fill this house with Your manifest Holy Spirit, with Your Presence and with Your glory. Father, I know Your Spirit is already here, but I ask You to manifest Yourself here; to take up residence here; to be at home here. I’m welcoming You here, Holy Spirit. I love You.
And Father God, please send Your angels to watch over me and my family and this property. Let Your angels link arms around this house and property–around its side space, above space, and beneath space. Let them protect us and not allow any evil thing to pass here in Jesus’ name. And Father God, I pray that Your holy angels would minister blessings from Heaven to me and my family here in Jesus’ name.”
By the way: Yes, the Holy Spirit is already here. So, you’re not asking Him to come into a place where He’s not.
However, you ARE asking Him to manifest Himself; to help you sense His presence; and to do all the ministry in your house He wants to do. You’re inviting Him, welcoming Him, and giving Him first place in your house.
Related: 21 Days to the Manifest Presence of God (my free devotional series)
Step 4: Anoint the top and sides of every window and door in your home with oil.
When I cleansed my house the first time, I didn’t own any anointing oil. So I used what I had–cooking oil from my kitchen. It worked just fine!
Like the Hebrews of old anointed the top and sideposts of every door with blood at Passover, the Lord told me to put a tiny dab of oil on the top and sideposts of every door and window in my house. Including closets.
So I walked through the house from front to back. I anointed both the inside and outside of the front and back doors. Then I anointed every window, opened every closet door to anoint both the inside and outside, and anointed every interior door.
I’ll admit that it was tedious. However, it was worth it.
I began feeling the difference in the house before I was even finished anointing.
I don’t remember exactly how much of that house I had to anoint before I could feel the difference. However, in the house I live in today, if I mess up and let something bad into the house–for example, if I’m watching a movie and something bad comes on the movie that I didn’t expect, but I fail to turn it off and I allow it in my house–I anoint my house again.
Every time I do, I can feel the atmosphere change when I’m about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through the house. And as I finish, including anointing my property:
- I can feel any doors that were open to evil close.
- I can feel my home filling with the anointing and with peace.
- I can feel Holy Spirit manifest Himself again.
- I can feel the atmosphere being zipped up and protected.
It feels like a Zip-loc freezer bag closing. No more open doors.
It feels wonderful.
Step 5: As you anoint your home, decree the name of the Lord over it.
The first time I anointed my home, the Lord told me to decree His name as I walked around the property lines outside. Since that time, I just go ahead and decree His name through the whole thing, and it makes a huge difference.
And as the lay intercessory prayer leader, I do the same thing at my church sanctuary every Sunday morning.
Here’s the name which Holy Spirit told me to decree over my property:
“The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy and lovingkindness.”
It’s from Exodus 34:5-6, where God hides Moses in the cleft of the rock and passes by him, to show Moses His glory. In that passage, God proclaimed His own name as follows:
The Lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord. The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness …” (Exodus 34:5-6 ESV).
So as I walk through my house to anoint it, I declare God’s name through the whole thing. The whole time I’m anointing, I’m either praying in my prayer language or speaking this name out, over and over.
When you do this, you are claiming possession of the place for God.
Step 6: Anoint the ground at the four corners of your property, and walk your property lines (decreeing the name of the Lord over it) if possible.
I actually go outside and touch the ground with anointing oil at the corners of my house lot. I also walk the perimeter of the property. (My land is small, so I can do this easily.)
I encourage you to walk the edge boundaries of your property if it’s possible to do so. And as you walk, decree the name of the Lord; and anoint the ground with oil when you get to a corner of the property.
(By the way, if you own so much property that you can’t walk the boundaries of it, have you thought about partnering with me to get the Gospel out? Love to have ya.) 😉 #TwistedWriterHumor 😉
When I cleansed my house the first time, I lived in a not-so-great (i.e. somewhat dangerous) neighborhood.
However, Holy Spirit specifically told me walk the boundaries of my property and decree His name–the one written above–over it. I did so, and I can tell you I never had one moment’s trouble in that house:
- Nobody bothered me.
- I was never afraid.
- No crimes occurred.
Nothing bad happened at all. I was at perfect peace and had perfect safety.
I truly believe that the peace I had there happened because I claimed the property for the Lord and anointed it, decreeing His name over it. It was like His name put up a hedge of protection around my land, and nobody could penetrate it.
Step 7: As you finish circling your property, decree that the circle of protection be unbroken.
When I anoint my property (which I do after anointing the inside of the house), I finish back where I started. Again, I touch the ground with oil, and I decree the following:
“Let the circle be unbroken.”
I do this because I feel led by Holy Spirit to do it. And I believe He told me to do that because it’s literally making a decree/command (just like “Let there be light!” from Genesis chapter 1) that the circle of anointing and protection I just created must remain and be unbroken.
In other words, by my spoken word, I am creating a holy barrier of protection and anointing around my property.
When I anoint my church’s sanctuary on Sunday mornings, I always end where I started and seal the circle with the same declaration. I touch the same place with oil again and say, “Let the circle be unbroken.”
And when I say that, I can feel a sealing in the spirit realm.
There you go. How to cleanse your house in seven easy steps.
Yes, it’s tedious. Not gonna lie. But, it is SO, so, so, so, SO worth it! After you’ve cleansed your house once, you’ll feel the difference. You’ll feel the anointing. You’ll sleep better and feel God more.
And finally, another story to inspire you:
Awhile back, a woman took refuge in my home to get away from a difficult situation. When this lady came in, she was in a horrible frame of mind. She had had a really, really bad evening.
I didn’t try to fix the situation; it wasn’t anything I could fix–and it wasn’t the time to even try. I just gave her a place to rest. I showed her to my guest bedroom–a bedroom for which the Lord gave me the furnishings, and which He had helped me decorate. 🙂 And then I left her alone for the night.
In the morning, I woke to a totally different guest in my home.
When we talked, the lady told me that she felt such a peace in my home. And as she lay in bed, the Holy Spirit settled on her so strongly that He convicted her, changed her heart, and healed the situation with which she had been dealing.
Do you see, beloved? God did that. I didn’t do a thing–not a thing.
But this precious lady felt Holy Spirit’s Presence so strongly in my home that the peace in the atmosphere healed her.
I was awestruck when she told me that. I knew it was all God, and I praise Him for it. But I was awestruck because it was tangible proof that this really works. It’s not just in my head. It’s not a pie-in-the-sky crazy concept. It’s real, and it matters, and it makes a difference not only to me and my family, but also to others.
Do you feel chaos in the atmosphere of your home? Do you sense demonic oppression when you’re at home? Do you suffer from night terrors or other demonic manifestations?
If so, then please. Cleanse your house. Do it today, and you’ll notice the difference.
Is Holy Spirit speaking to your heart right now about cleansing your house? If so, please leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Want free equipping? Sign up for my free, online equipping program–Presence Seekers University–and get my FREE Supernatural Lifestyle Toolkit ($28 value) as my gift to you!
The Toolkit itself is huge. And in addition to that, you’ll get an email when new content is posted, as well as exclusive prophetic words, teaching material, and more for free when you confirm!