Here is a collection of Prayers for Meetings of any kind: Business meetings, Sunday school meetings, church or family meetings, and prayer meetings.
Opening Prayer for Meeting
Lord, we are meeting today to conduct matters
of business. Guide our hearts and our minds in the
spirit of fairness, right thought and speech. Impart your
supreme wisdom upon our activities so that our affairs
may reach a successful conclusion. Thank you for being
our source of guidance today. Amen!
Read our full collection of Opening and Closing Prayers
Prayer to Come to an Agreement
Dear God, we seek your help with our affairs today.
Bless this meeting with your divine intelligence, and
help us to make the best use of our own. We are
of diverse opinion here. Yet we wish to mend our
differences and reach agreement satisfactory to all.
Please share a little of your wisdom with us to help
us do right by all concerned. Thank you for your
Heavenly blessing. Amen!
Sunday School Meeting
O God, we thank You for this privilege of meeting
today in Your house. Help us worship You
acceptably. Bless Your word to us all.
Bless our pastor and people, in the name
of Your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.!
School Board Meeting Prayer
Loving and Gracious God, you are indeed the giver of all good gifts
and we thank you today for all your blessings, for the successful outcomes
of our school events and for all our staff members, both the teaching and
We ask that you bless them abundantly and we continue to seek your wisdom,
guidance, courage and strength. Be with us in our deliberations and help us
to be wise in the decisions we make for the good of all those who have placed
their trust and confidence in our leadership.
Give us insight to lead with integrity that our decisions may reflect what is
right and good. Keep us from short-sightedness and pettiness. Help us to make
decisions that are for the good of all and guard us from blind self interest.
Dear Lord, grant us the humility to always seek your will in all that we do and say.
All Glory be to you, loving God, now and always through Christ and the Holy Spirit
forever and ever. Amen.
Hosting a prayer meeting? Check out these great Prayer Meeting Ideas.
Family Meeting Prayer
Our family gathers today in joyous occasion,
thanks to our Lord who looks after us all.
Bless this happy meeting and may we all
be praised in Your gracious name!
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Meetings”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- For the Joseph anointing – I just got elected back onto our communities tribal council. I believe in Jesus Christ and him crucified My community (First Nations) is mostly about …
- Prayer my fiancé victor and his family right now – Dear Heavenly Father I’m praying that you touch my fiancé victor and his family right now and I’m praying that everything work out for them …
- Assistance good result – I’ going to a assessment meeting and I need good wishes that everything will go my way I need to be on support they are …
- Asking of you Lord – I pray for strength in succeeding to get a job and the words to say. A position to be open to allow me to have …
- Brenda – Please kindly pray that my parents will accept Brenda when they meet her, in jesus name amen
- Legal transaction prayer request – Asking for prayer resolution for a legal matter – pray that God shows us favor in our request – all things we asked in the …
- Restoration of my marriage – Please pray for me. My marriage is falling apart. My husband has told me he no longer loves me and he has nothing to offer …
- Study Isues – Please pray for my Studies. I am curently going through some difficult times at the moment in my work placement. Satan is trying his best …
- Revival youth meeting – Hello. I am Eric, youth leader at a local church in Belgium. I would like to pray so that God will richly bless our youth …
- Marriage – A marriage that please God.
- Relationship – I want fiancee meet with me and try to resolve things so we can move on with our lives and maybe still have a chance …
- Relive the eval at my work. – I’m in management and it seems like no matter how much or how hard I try their are few that are never satisfied. They pick …
- Help Us Set A Course – Lord, we have many things to do, And that’s why we rely on you To bring our hearts and souls in synch, That we might …
- Help Me Focus – By countless means on endless days, Confusions multiply the ways, In which my mind and heart must turn. I must somehow restrain my thought, And …
- Relationship – I’m in love with a girl called Pavithra, please pray that she has to accept my love.
- protection – please pray with me my hubby is not responsible. iam in debts
- Divorce. I am asking for prayers for a settlement agreement on Jan. 23 – I am asking for prayers for a settlement agreement on Jan. 23. Been going through a divorce for over a year. His planning to tell …
- A prayer for Shpresa – Dear: Our Father Who Art In Heaven I pray to you please write it in heaven to make the jobcentre to accept my mums application …
- Prayer before class – A prayer before class,Lord, help us in our work today give us concentration so that may we listen, understand, learn and have a peaceful mind …
- Prayer Before School – My dear heavenly fater,Thank you for giving us life,for sustaining our physical materials ang spiritual needs.Thank you to for the many blessings you bestowed on …
- Protect Our Marriage – Prayer – Let us Pray.Lord, I pray that You would establish in me and (name of your wife or husband) eg JAMES, lets bonds of love that …
- Prayer for successful meeting – dear st.jude, please let thing go well for me and healthcare services group. so that fernando, does not come back to work for silver lake …
- Prayer for the youth – How wonderful you are Lordfor giving us a life which is full of enthusiasm and energy.How wonderful you are Lordfor giving us the gift of …
- Opening prayer for a Retirement Dinner – Heavenly Father! Thank you for allowing us to gather here today in this joyous occasion. Bless this happy re-union, in which we ask that you …
- Prayer Before Meeting – Almighty God, our Father, we praise and thank you for this day. You have given us another opportunity to appreciate life and to fulfill our …
- help me to be strong, stand up for myself – God, in 10 minutes I meet with my boss. Things have not been easy between us. I have been beaten down by her for things …
- Business Meeting Prayer – Dear Father, thank you for creating this opportunity to conduct business. As your word says “I can do all things thru Christ who strength me”. …
- Prayer for LBD convention – *Prayer for LBD convention*Lord, as we wait on you for our upcoming convention, Guide our hearts and our minds in the spirit of fairness, right …
- A Beautiful Morning Prayer – Dearest Almighty Father, We give You thanks for today. Thank You so much for giving me these eyes. May I use these eyes to help …
- Prayer for a difficult Meeting – Lord, we come before you this day (evening) and we ask your divine help. You know that we are about to make some difficult decisions …
- Prayer before work meeting – (Wellington ) Our lord and gracious god, guide us and protect us from influences beyond our control. Help us weave through uncertain times and stay …
- I come to you today and I humbly ask YOU LORD for a financial breakthrough – Dear LordI come to you today and I humbly ask YOU LORD for a financial breakthrough, I pray LORD that YOU cover my finances and …
- We Meet to Serve – We gather here today to serve our community and (your orginization)….working together to use our resources wisely.As trusted servants, we seek blessings on our deliberations …
- Special Prayer of thanksgiving for Healing – Lord this evening, I praise and thank you for the gift of healing. I suffered from acid reflux and it really affected me. I felt …
- Strength to do this today – Dear Lord, Give me the strength and courage to feel your presence in me to get moving today.I know I need to be a contributing …
- Family Meeting Prayer – I am facing a family meeting on Sunday 09-04 to write funeral thank you notes. I am overwhelmed with fear about the meeting – that …
- Prayer to Come to an Agreement – we seek your help with our affairs today.Bless this meeting with your divine intelligence, and help us to make the best use of our own. …
- prayer before class – Lord,May all that we do this day,from morning until night,begin with your inspiration,and continue with your powerful help.May our work this daybe rooted in love …
- Morning Prayer for protection – God, through you men live in peace are of one mindKnowing you we have eternal life and Serving you we are truly freeShield us your …
- Thanks for the day prayer – Lord God, we thank you for this day,allowing us to see the brightness of the day, we asked for your guidance and protection. Allow us …
- Prayer for the sick before meetings – Heavenly Father, thank You so much for the wonderful opportunity that You have given to us.Make us worthy in drawing near to You.We have lots …
- Prayer Before Class – Heavenly Father and Your Beloved Son Jesus Christ,We thank you for giving us another life,We thank you for another Beautiful Morning.As we go on through …
- Father God, I Lift O’Brian Up To You… – Dear Lord, I lift O’Brian up to you in prayer. Father, I lift O’Brian’s need up to you in prayer. As you taught my: “Our …
- Prayer for a Family Meeting – Family MeetingOur family gathers today in joyous occasion,thanks to our Lord who looks after us all.Bless this happy meeting and may we allbe praised in …
- Husband to fine peace in is heart and be more like a follower of christ – Holy Father please let my husband fine peace and take the anger away from his body Let him apologize to the people he has hurt …
- Prayer to be Punctual – O god,help me to be punctual at school, for getting beautiful flowers in term of education , soveirness ,learning & to be an actual mean …
- Working Place Prayer – Dear God,Thank you God 4 this wonderful and smrt office.Lord God you are our wonderful Daddy thank for everything and for every person we are …
- pray my landlord will b merciful & honest – pray my landlord will b merciful & honest & see all my efforts 2 gain employment. pray for no bullying. pray for positive both sides. …
- Prayer for cooperation in the meeting – today i will work with all of my friends and cooperate in my group, i wil respect them love them and share with them as …
- Prayer when put to shame – Lord God and Father, how painful it is to be put to shame by another person. I feel so small and helpless. I feel broken …
- Father, let us rejoice in your presence and trust in the Holy Name of your son Jesus – Oh Father, let us rejoice in your presence and trust in the Holy Name of your son Jesus.May your love rest upon each of us, …
- we are very thankful with your love oh god in jesus name – Dear God..thank you for the gift of life for everything you showered to us,thank you also for keeping us away from danger.Today we ask your …
Have you ever been reading your Bible and noticed how Paul prays such rich, kingdom-saturated prayers for churches?
- For the church in Thessalonica: “To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power” (2 Thess. 1:11; see also 1 Thess. 1:9–13).
- For the church in Colossae: “We have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God” (Col. 1:9–10).
- For the church in Ephesus: “I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him” (Eph. 1:16–17; see also 3:14–21).
- For the church in Rome (Rom. 15:14–33) and the church in Philippi (Phil. 1:9–11).
Of course, there’s far more where this came from. See Don Carson’s excellent book on the topic, Praying with Paul: A Call to Spiritual Reformation (Baker) , as well as TGC’s corresponding eight-session group study curriculum (LifeWay) .
Leading the Charge
It’s comparatively easy for you and me to pray for ourselves, our families, and our friends. But how can we learn how to pray more fervently and consistently for our local churches?
For one, we just need to start doing it—and encouraging others to do so.
To help with that, here are 18 things you can pray for your church. They aren’t as rich as Paul’s since I wanted to keep them simple and Twitter-length. (Also because I’m not inspired.) Still, perhaps you could print out this article and pray two or three of the points below per day for the next week—maybe in your quiet time, maybe at the family dinner table.
Also, consider copying and pasting your favorite prayers below into Twitter or Facebook, led by the phrase “Pray for your church: . . .” Don’t insert my Twitter handle or TGC’s. You don’t have enough room, and it’s not the point. The point is to use your social media platform to encourage others to pray for their church.
Who knows? One day in glory, perhaps we’ll see all the good accomplished from believers being more deliberate about praying for their churches.
What to Pray For
1. That we would have unity amid diversity—loving those with whom we have nothing in common but the gospel.
2. That a culture of discipling would form in which making disciples is viewed as an ordinary part of the Christian life.
3. That faithful elders would use Scripture to train members to do the work of ministry.
4. That a hunger for studying the gospel would form among members so that they can guide and guard one another in it.
5. That transparent, meaningful relationships would become normal and remaining anonymous strange.
6. The preaching of God’s Word—that it would be biblically careful and Holy Spirit imbued.
7. That elders would remain above reproach, kept from temptation, complacency, idols, and worldliness.
8. That the church’s songs would teach members to biblically confess, lament, and praise.
9. That the church’s prayers would be infused with biblical ambitions, honesty, and humility.
10. That adult members would work to disciple teenagers and not just leave it to programming.
11. That the church’s primary teachers grow in dedication to God’s Word even when no one’s watching.
12. That it would grow in being distinct from the world in love and holiness, even as it engages outsiders.
13. That members would share the gospel this week—and see more conversions!
14. That members would be prepared for persecution, remembering to love, not curse, their persecutors.
15. That hopes for political change would be outstretched by the hope of heaven.
16. That giving would be faithul, as well as joyful, consistent, and sacrificial.
17. That more members would use their careers to take the gospel to places it’s never been.
18. That members would be good and do good in their workplaces this week.
Can you think of something I didn’t include? Then pray it and share it! This is hardly the “official list” of the 18 most important things to pray. They’re simply what one guy thought of while sitting in his office chair.
The point is for all of us to start praying more intentionally for our churches, and to encourage others to do the same.
Whether you are concluding a church service or group meeting, having a closing prayer is a great way to call on God to inspire and protect you as you leave. Here is a look at some great closing prayers for church meetings that can be easily adapted for a variety of situations.
We thank you
for the opportunity to gather today.
May everything we do
begin with your inspiration
and continue with your help.
We ask your guidance throughout this meeting,
that all of our thoughts and actions
would relect your holy will,
and that you would grant us the grace
to love you and our neighbors more perfectly.
We pray in Jesus name. Amen.
We give you thanks
that you have allowed us to work together
and serve you during this meeting.
We ask your blessing upon our endeavors,
and upon all present today.
May your love and grace continue to guide us,
in every thing that we do,
today and in the future.
We pray in Jesus name, Amen.
Thank you, Lord, for your presence with us this day.
As we depart from this space now, we ask you to bless us throughout the remainder of the day and guide us safely home. Do not let the learning and conversations of this gathering die, but, instead, may they continue to ruminate within us and bear fruit in our ministries throughout the year, until we find ourselves together again.
We ask this in the name of Jesus, and in the power of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
God we thank You for meeting us here tonight, and for delivering Your Word through the speaker. May each soul in this place have been touched through the songs and the preaching, and may each take to heart the Word that came forth.
We pray that those seeking an answer received it, and that those who needed a special touch were granted that touch. Bless each of us and keep us safe until we are able to gather together again.
In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen
As we close this meeting, Lord, we want to give honor to You. Thank You, God, for the time we had today to discuss issues and make decisions.
May You bless each person who took the time to gather here today and let Your hand of protection be on them throughout the rest of the week.
Let the work done here tonight come to fruition, and let it all be for Your glory. Help us each to do our parts to bring the plans discussed to life.
Go forth in peace, for you have followed the good road. Go forth without fear, for God who created You has made you holy, has always protected you, and loves you as a mother.
Father, thank you for all the marvelous things you have done today.
Thank you for your love that you have revealed to us,
And for the love that we share together as your body.
We pray for all the words you have sown into people’s hearts today.
Watch over them, protect them.
May they take root and produce wonderful things,
Things of beauty and great blessings to many.
And as we leave this place now, thank you that you walk with us.
May we be alert to your promptings
And live in your endless love.
For yours is the kingdom, the power and glory
In this age and forevermore.
We thank you God for…
Every prayer we have prayed
Every song we have sung
All the things we have learned
All the laughter and fun
Thank you for all the joy you bring
And our wonderful times together
May we walk with you as each new day begins
This day and forever Amen.
Lord, your word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.
Thank you that we can live in Your light and walk in Your truth.
May the things that you have revealed and thoughts that we have shared
dwell in our hearts and stir us to action.
We ask all this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.
Here is one end of meeting prayer from the Writers in Action. Following their meeting of setting goals and planning for published writers to come speak, they recite this closing prayer with their group.
“Prayer meetings were the arteries of the early church. Through them, life-sustaining power was derived. The condition of the church may be very accurately gauged by its prayer meetings. So is the prayer meeting a grace-o-meter, and from it, we may judge of the amount of divine working among a people. If God is near a church, it must pray. And if He is not there, one of dying first tokens of His absence will be a slothfulness in prayer!” Charles Haddon Spurgeon
When is the last time you prayed for your church body? What about your pastor? Staff? Leadership? Have you prayed for your Sunday School teacher? Have you interceded on behalf of issues taking place in your church or decisions that need to be made?
Our churches are under the attack of the enemy like never before. Our leaders and each of our brothers and sisters in Christ need our prayers. We are the Body of Christ and we must lift one another up!
A Prayer for Good to Prevail over Evil
“‘As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today. So do not fear; I will provide for you and your little ones.’ Thus he comforted them and spoke kindly to them.” Genesis 50:20
Lord, what the enemy means for evil against our church body, we believe You can use for good. Remind our hearts of this. When we are being attacked and crushed from all sides, remind us of Your faithfulness to use everything for Your good and Your glory. May we not fear but trust in Your provision for our church family. May we not only be readers of Your Word but believers and doers. Increase our
A Prayer for Unity as a Church Body
“I, therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:1-3
God, help our church body to walk in a manner worthy of the calling You have given us. Help us in all our interactions with one another to have humble and gentle hearts. Grant us patience for one another, bearing with one another in love. Grant the Body of Christ unity. May we walk humbly with You, God, allowing You to show us our wrongs.
A Prayer to Seek the Lord
“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place.” 2 Chronicles 7:14-15
Lord, You have told us in Your Word that You hear our prayers. We are crying out to You, we are humbling ourselves before You and seeking Your face. We come together as a church body to seek You. We repent and turn from our wicked ways, thank You for hearing us. Thank you for Your forgiveness and healing.
A Prayer to Pursue Peace
“So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.” Romans 14:19
Father God, You desire peace and unity and encouragement for our body of believers. Help us, Lord, to pursue what makes for peace and for building one another up. To pursue the things You will lead to peace and unity. Give us discerning hearts to know Your will and give us the courage to be obedient. Lord, we know that without You and Your Holy Spirit indwelling each of us, we cannot do any of these things. But, with You and for Your glory, grant our body peace and unity.
A Prayer to Follow Jesus
“And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it.” Luke 9:23-24
Lord, You have given us what seems like an impossible task with this passage. You have asked us to deny ourselves, take up our cross and follow You. Even when our spirits are willing, the flesh is weak. You know our hearts, Father. Help us, with Your Holy Spirit, to examine our hearts and hear from You. The longer we walk with You, the more we look like You. We desire to become more and more like You, less selfish and more selfless, willing to deny ourselves in any and all situations. You have told us that when we lose our life for Your sake, we will save it. Save us from ourselves, God.
As we lift up these words for our churches, let us come before God with humility and a willingness to obey. Let us put others first and serve our brothers and sisters in Christ. May we seek God first, putting aside our own desires. May we become intercessors for our brothers and sisters in Christ. May we pray more and criticize less. May we be encouragers and uplifters.
Candace Crabtree is just a broken mama thankful for grace and new mercies every morning. She and her husband live in East Tennessee where they homeschool their 3 kids. Candace also enjoys teaching piano, coffee, good books and blogging at His Mercy Is New. On her blog, she shares encouragement for weary women from God’s Word along with resources for learning to pray the Scriptures.
Publication date: July 7, 2016
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with a prayer read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.