“Nothings scarier than having a sick child, and one so newly born, and so vulnerable. Its the worst thing for a parent.”
— Kenneth Oppel —
“Nothing’s scarier than having a sick child, and one so newly born, and so vulnerable. It’s the worst thing for a parent.”
— Kenneth Oppel
Having A Sick Child Quotes Pictures
Want to see more pictures of Having A Sick Child quotes? Click on image of Having A Sick Child quotes to view full size.
Keep Achieving Quotes
“If you keep believing what youve been believing, then youll keep achieving what youve been achieving.” — Mark Victor Hansen
Quotes About Tight Jeans
“Those jeans are comfortable, and for those of you who want your president to look great in his tight jeans, Im sorry Im” — Barack Obama
Quotes About Hailsham
“I suppose it had something to do with it being a secret, just how much it had meant to me. Maybe all of” — Kazuo Ishiguro
Quotes About Florida
“Im familiar with a lot of guys, hang out with those guys. A couple of my teammates actually went to Florida, so Im” — Joanna Noelle Levesque
Quotes About Gun Registration
“Gun registration is not enough.” — Janet Reno
Quotes About Life Lessons In Sports
“Having the chance to play sports growing up teaches you all kinds of life lessons. It gives young people confidence and instills in” — April Ross
Good Sardonic Quotes
“Pedersen was always wooing her. Sometimes he was gracious and kind, but at other times when his failure wearied him he would be” — A.E. Coppard
Stress And Food Quotes
“Avoid stress, the doctor had said. Eat lots of good food and enjoy this little mysterious bun cooking in the oven. Ha!” — Thea Harrison
Quotes About The Best Leaders
“Most leaders are trying to figure out the right strategy. The best leaders are obsessed with empowering the right people.” — Craig Groeschel
Red Planet Quotes
“We need to begin thinking about building permanence on the Red Planet, not just have voyagers do some experiments, plant a flag and” — Buzz Aldrin
Father Lazarus Quotes
“Father Abraham, send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue, for I am tormented” — Charles Haddon Spurgeon
Hockey Equipment Quotes
“I wasnt scared (during his first at-bat). I just told them (Mo Vaughn & Kevin Mitchell) to give me all that hockey equipment” — Roger Clemens
“Im not an expert,” said Cletus. “Im a scholar. Theres a difference. An experts a man who knows a great deal about his” — Gordon R. Dickson
Love Stop Quotes
“Love is the one thing in this world worth taking a risk for. When youre older and you look back on the life” — J. Sterling
Parker Dorothy Quotes
“For throughout history, you can read the stories of women who – against all the odds – got being a woman right, but” — Caitlin Moran
Table of contents
Top Sick Child Quotes
Browse top 10 famous quotes and sayings about Sick Child by most favorite authors.
Favorite Sick Child Quotes
1. “The workplace would allow parents to work part time, to share jobs, to take personal leaves to give birth, tend to a sick child, or care for a well one. As Delores Hayden has envisioned in Redesigning the American Dream, it would include affordable housing closer to places of work and perhaps community-based meal and laundry services.”
Author: Arlie Russell Hochschild
2. “Looking after a very sick child was the Olympics of parenting.”
Author: Chris Cleave
3. “I’ve spent my creative life so far first in the theatre, then on the page, then on the screen, examining what is turning out as I grow older to look like one enormous landscape. What I originally thought were different worlds turn out to be one interconnected place. And like a bedspread viewed by a sick child from his pillow, I am very aware that there are colours in various corners which I know very well, but I haven’t yet found the ways to get from the blue to the green and from the green to the red. I’ve just begun, and I suppose that’s become my preoccupation – the idea that at one point I will see it clearly.”
Author: Clive Barker
4. “Love is staying up all night with a sick child – or a healthy adult.”
Author: David Frost
5. “The commonest error of the gifted scholar, inexperienced in teaching, is to expect pupils to know what they have been told. But telling is not teaching. The expression of facts that are in one’s mind is a natural impulse when one wishes others to know these facts, just as to cuddle and pat a sick child is a natural impulse. But telling a fact to a child may not cure his ignorance of it any more than patting him will cure his scarlet fever. (p. 61)”
Author: Edward Lee Thorndike
6. “What’s been important in my understanding of myself and others is the fact that each one of us is so much more than any one thing. A sick child is much more than his or her sickness. A person with a disability is much, much more than a handicap. A pediatrician is more than a medical doctor. You’re MUCH more than your job description or your age or your income or your output.”
Author: Fred Rogers
7. “What hurt him most of all, made him feel like a sick child aware of terrible wrongness and yet incapable of explaining it to anyone who might help, was that in spite of what their eyes and ears reported and sometimes their flesh, from bruises, stab wounds, racking coughs, weeping sores-these people believed their way of life was the best in the world, and were prepared to export it at the point of a gun.”
Author: John Brunner
8. “It is this that ruins churches, that you do not seek to hear sermons that touch the heart, but sermons that will delight your ears with their intonation and the structure of their phrases, just as if you were listening to singers and lute-players. And we preachers humor your fancies, instead of trying to crush them. We act like a father who gives a sick child a cake or an ice, or something else that is merely nice to eat–just because he asks for it; and takes no pains to give him what is good for him; and then when the doctors blame him says, ‘I could not bear to hear my child cry.’ . . . That is what we do when we elaborate beautiful sentences, fine combinations and harmonies, to please and not to profit, to be admired and not to instruct, to delight and not to touch you, to go away with your applause in our ears, and not to better your conduct.”
Author: John Chrysostom
9. “We have created a new demonstration program to allow families with a sick child who could be helped with a cord blood transplant from a sibling to bank cord blood from newborns should they decide to have another child.”
Author: Nathan Deal
10. “Now there’s a sight you don’t see every day, huh? Two punked-out Goths throwing a Christmas party for sick children. (Doctor)”
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
I have a sick child. Not sick sick just flu sick.
It’s made me think about how lucky we are and how strong parents can be. Fur parents too. Before children I was a mum to a cat and seeing her after she was hit by a car was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Wall-E is my third child and I’m more over protective of him at times than I am of my own children.
Wow, that sounds bad. I’m not saying I’m not over protective of my children, I’m just saying that I care for my cat too and I’m not undermining any parents, fur or otherwise.
Lucky may be the wrong word. I don’t know what the right word is. Maybe, fortunate is the word. We are very fortunate that we haven’t had to deal with a very sick child. Every night I hug my children thanking the universe that they are healthy and happy.
Well, maybe I don’t do that every night but I should. I should be more thankful, more grateful for my life. I really need to print off more inspirational posters to put around my desk which I am not sitting at. Maybe not.
I have a slight obsession with inspirational quotes and posters. In fact, I have one as my phone background. This one;
I don’t know if they work but I like the thought and look of them. I don’t have them posted all over my bathroom mirror though. The mister would not like that. I also don’t have that many anywhere except for my
boards. Which, I don’t really visit as much as I should. Wow, I fail at inspirational posters. How is that even a thing?
I can’t leave this post on that crappiness. Maybe I don’t fail so much and if I do then all I need to do is read and pin more inspirational quotes. Quotes that remind me to be more thankful and grateful for the health of my children and family. In the meantime here’s one of my favourite quotes from one of my favourite inspirational people.
Jesus said “… Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 19:14 cf. Mark 10:14, 18:16) Children must have been pretty important for Jesus to be quoted in three out of the four gospels. Indeed they are important and to be entrusted with children on this planet is one of the greatest honors that God gives to parents. We love them, we teach them, we discipline them and sometimes we must also witness their illness. That is when we pray the most for the children. Perhaps you need some prayers or Scriptures for a sick child. Take a look at these.
Prayers for a Sick Child
A Minor Illness
“Dear Heavenly Father, I entrust this dear child toYou as he/she suffers from what seems to be a (sickness name). Lord, I know (child’s name) is uncomfortable as he/she tries to rest. I also know that rest is so important to get beyond this minor sickness and to avoid progression to something more serious. Please give him/her the rest that they need. Lord, I lift (child’s name) up to You and know that You will perform Your perfect will for his/her recovery. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen”
A Chronic Illness
“Dear God, I pray for (child’s name) as he/she deals with this (specific illness) so often. I know You are the Master Healer and that You also provide times that are symptom free for this dear little one. Please comfort and protect this dear child during this hard time. Help them to know that they can come to You for the peace and health that only You can provide. Please be with the doctors as they continually study to find medicines and treatments that will comfort those that suffer from chronic illnesses. I leave this in Your precious hands oh God my Father. Amen”
A Severe or Death Threatening Illness
“Lord I come to You today to present (child’s name) to You. This very deadly sickness that is upon him/her is very sad to all who know and love him/her. I know that in times like this his/her Mommy and Daddy are in despair. Please keep them strong in You so that they can be a comfort to this dear little child. Please keep (child’s name) from being scared of what is happening all around him/her. I ask Your mercy so that pain would be minimal or nonexistence. I love this small and fragile little child. Bestow Your grace and peace to them and all who love them. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.”
Healing and Encouraging Scriptures
God is Still on the Throne
Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. (Psalms 73:23-26)
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s. (Psalms 103:2-5)
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (Isaiah 41:10)
Meditate Upon What You Know as Truth
My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. (Proverbs 4:20-22)
As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever. (Isaiah 59:21)
Even in the Valley
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. (Proverbs 17:22)
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise. (Jeremiah 17:14)
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21)
God has a Plan
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jeremiah 29:11)
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (John 14:1-3)
Even in the darkest of days our God is an awesome God and He will continue to bless us. Our life circumstances teach us and prepare us for times to come. I am reminded of this great passage, full of hope, from Paul:
Romans 5:3-5 “… but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.”
Have you read this related prayer article?
10 Prayers for Help in Times of Need
Resources – The Holy Bible, King James Version, YouTube “Our God is an Awesome God” performed by Michael W. Smith, Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos. net
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |