This prayer for peace of mind asks god to relieve anxiety and stress,
and grant a clarity of mind to feel at ease in one’s life. Say it in the morning
or evening on a daily basis until you feel at peace.
Also, one of the best prayers for anxiety is the famous Serenity Prayer.
If you’re not familiar with this prayer, I highly recommend it.
A Prayer for Peace of Mind
Almighty God, We bless you for our lives,
we give you praise for your abundant mercy and grace
we receive. We thank you for your faithfulness even
though we are not that faithful to you.
Lord Jesus, we ask you to give us all around
peace in our mind, body, soul and spirit.
We want you to heal and remove everything that is
causing stress, grief, and sorrow in our lives.
Please guide our path through life and make our
enemies be at peace with us. Let your peace reign in our family,
at our place of work, businesses and everything we lay our hands on.
Let your angels of peace go ahead of us when we go out
and stay by our side when we return. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
A Prayer to Heal Stress
Heavenly Father, please grant me peace of mind
and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like
a turbulent sea. I can’t seem to find my balance
so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the
strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose
and walk the path you’ve laid out for me. I trust
your Love God, and know that you will heal this stress.
Just as the sun rises each day against the dark of
night. Please bring me clarity with the light of God.
In your name I pray, Amen.
Below, you can submit a prayer request to be posted to the site. Together we can bring peace of mind to one another through the power of prayer and heal anxiety.
Table of contents
- 1 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Peace of Mind”
- 2 Recent prayer requests…
- 3 Answered Prayer for Peace
- 4 More Prayers for Peace
- 5 Saint Francis of Assisi
- 6 St. Theresa Prayer
- 7 Serenity Prayer
- 8 May I Be At Peace (Saint Teresa of Avila)
- 9 Prayer of Saint Francis de Sales
- 10 Calm and at Peace
- 11 Peace of Mind
- 12 Prayer for Peace in the Home
- 13 World Peace Prayer
- 14 U.N. Day of Prayer for World Peace
- 15 Prayer for Peace of Mind
- 16 Prayer for Healing Stress
- 17 Verses:
- 18 Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
- 19 A Prayer for Personal Healing
- 20 How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
- 21 A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
- 22 A Prayer for Healing and Grace
- 23 A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
- 24 Healing Bible Verses
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Peace of Mind”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayer for enemies – Dear God I pray for the peace of mind each day and pray for my enemies. Give me the strength to overcome pain and hurt. …
- Prayer for my daughter – Father, I bring my daughter before you this morning. She’s in a distant land living with her aunt. Father, there are times when she is …
- Safe drive to my moms and back and a wonderful Christmas – I ask prayer for my family that they get along for Christmas no more fighting or putting each other down I pray that they all …
- Strength – All around coverage from god. I declare and have faith that he loves me and gives me peace.
- Peace of mind – Most humble and gracious father, I come before you first & foremost to say thank you for allowing me to see another day. Lord,you see …
- Prayer Of Depression – In Jesus Name, Please Answer This Pray And Accept This In The Right Of Peace I Have A Horrible Sadness That Is Not Curable By …
- Lost – I am desperately seeking burdens to be removed. After making God my dwelling place I can’t seem to find any rest. Taking everything to prayer …
- Prayer for forgiveness and Love – Dear Lord, through the intercession of St. Jude, St. Joseph and the Virgin Mary, I ask & pray that a misunderstanding between myself and my …
- Tenant to leave – Help me pray that Orvin and his family will leave my apartment by next week so I can have peace of mind.
- Family – My children and husband continue to make my life unbearable. My children are adults, live at home. And just disrespectful. I need a piece of …
- Devil go away – Lord please let the let go of my father I want to live lord I’m so tired of this game Jesus I claim that the …
- Peace of mind – Dear father, please help me how my mother disciplines me. Help me to become more of you. By not belittling me, shouting at me. In …
- Prayer for Anxiety – I pray that I please am relieved of this anxiety I am experiencing. I am so nervous about everything in my life right now, especially …
- Peace – Pray with me regarding peace of mind thanks.
- Holy Spirit – Holy Spirit you who make me see everything and show me the way to reach my ideals. You who give me the divine gift to …
- Make evil neighbor move or cut his trees – We have a neighbor that to lazy to cut his trees he blows cirgrett butt in our yard his leaves ruin the paint on our …
- Guidance – I’m in need of prayer. I’m struggling with being positive. My heart is heavy with so many things. I’m struggling with not being able to …
- End of Anxiety – Please, pray for me for I am always overthinking of things that I should not be stressing of. Please pray for my heart that will …
- Deliverance – I’m being verbally disrespected by my children’s grandmother on their dads side and it’s been going on for years. There’s also been false police reports, …
- I Want A Good Job – I need to pay rent and bills. And get my life together. I just got out of a recovery program and now in transition. I pray …
More prayers posted in: Peace-of-mind
On this page you’ll find powerful prayers for peace. Everyday life can bring challenges and discomfort, which can kick us out of our peaceful place. Ideally, we would be free of worry and stress and be able to enjoy our life, family, work and hobbies, carefree. Being burdened with worries can deprive of us of our energy and life purpose.
We tend to stress over many different matters of life, both big and small. This can include where to move, who to marry, what job to accept, how to spend leisure time, etc. But worry is a form of sin, for it means you are not trusting God. All areas of your life are of concern to God. Without these trials, we wouldn’t have any victories.
Our Lord has promised us peace in these times of trial. He has provided a way for us to come to him in our times of need. The peace he can provide us can guard our minds and strengthen us. In his presence there is peace.
Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
The world can be cruel and unfair at times. We see good things happen to good people. God doesn’t cause them, but he is capable of blessing us with his peace. Practice the presence of God and pray. You can find peace by praying and meditating on what is holy. The act of praying allows you to think on purity, excellence and truth; this fills your heart with good.
Romans 8:6 – The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.
Answered Prayer for Peace
I want to let the Holy Land Prayer group know how very grateful I am for giving me the chance to have my prayer request laid on Our Lord’s Anointed Stone with the lit candle. I was thrilled to see the pictures of them both. Although I couldn’t be in the most holiest place on earth physically I feel I was there spiritually and that Jesus was listening. I felt comfort and at peace. Thank You so much for giving me this opportunity and I will let my relatives and friends know about this super website.
You are capable of speaking to God with the quiet thoughts in your head and with the deepest feelings in your heart. Within these chambers of our soul is where God gives us answers in return; he gives us answers to our prayers through our thoughts and feelings. To stay in tune with the Lord and interpret his incites more easily, stay consistent in prayer and explore the scriptures. Ignoring the Lord’s insights will lead to more confusion in your life and a lack of peace.
Prayer is both a privilege and power given to us by God. Pray consistently and God promises to pour out his spirit upon you.
More Prayers for Peace
Saint Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow charity;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, the truth;
Where there is doubt, the faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light; and
Where there is sadness, joy.
O, Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying to ourselves that we are born to eternal life. Amen.
St. Theresa Prayer
May today there be peace within
May you trust your highest power that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance.
It is there for each and every one of you.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as he did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that he will make all things right if I surrender to his will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with him forever in the next.
May I Be At Peace (Saint Teresa of Avila)
May I be at peace.
May my heart remain open.
May I be aware of my true nature.
May I be healed.
May I be a source of healing to others.
May I dwell in the Breath of God.
Prayer of Saint Francis de Sales
Do not look forward to what might happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cared for you today will care for you tomorrow and every day. Either he will shield you from suffering or he will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.
Calm and at Peace
I become quiet and focused on the Spirit of God.
Alone with the presence of God, I feel a great serenity.
I rediscover how refreshing it feels to be calm and at peace.
I feel as if waves of peace are washing over me and clearing away any tenseness and anxiety.
I know that I am eternally one with God.
In Jesus Christ’s name, Amen.
Peace of Mind
Dear God I ask for peace of mind. I pray that I am calm, collected and tranquil at all times today. I rest and relax in your presence. I let go of all anxious thoughts. I stop rushing and start praying. I let go and I let God. In Jesus Christ’s name, Amen.
Prayer for Peace in the Home
Our house is a place where we welcome you.
We give you freedom here.
Dwell within our family, may we feel you near.
Laugh with us, and dine with us, we listen out for you.
And when we sleep watch over us, we give ourselves to you.
We greet you every morning, we wake with you each day.
Please fill this home with heavens peace and lead our hearts to pray.
World Peace Prayer
Dear God, I pray for world peace.
Jesus you said, “I, when I am lifted up on the earth, will draw all men to myself.”
As I lift my thoughts to the high consciousness of peace, I help lift the thoughts of all people throughout the world to peace.
God, what a blessing it is to know that I can contribute to the peace of this world through prayer.
My prayers reach out to unfold all nations and people of the earth.
I know that the same presence of peace that is within me resides in people everywhere – no matter who they are, or where they live.
No matter what religion we profess, each person has been created with the peace of God at the center of his or her being.
God’s peace harmonizes all seeming disagreements and dissolves all differences.
God’s peace brings great freedom to all.
My prayer and my vision of the world is of a peaceful planet.
As I hold to this prayer and vision, I remember that peace begins with me.
I pray, in Jesus Christ name, Amen.
U.N. Day of Prayer for World Peace
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
But I say to you that hear, love your enemies; do good to those who hate you;
bless those who curse you; pray for those who abuse you.
To those who strike you on the cheek, offer the other also;
and from those who take away your cloak, do not withhold your coat as well.
Give to everyone who begs from you, and of those who take away your goods,
do not ask them again. And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.
Prayer for Peace of Mind
Precious Lord, I give you praise for your abundant mercy and grace in all things. I want to thank you for your faithfulness even though at times of fall short in this life. Please grant me peace in my mind, body, soul and spirit. I ask that You heal and remove everything that is causing stress, grief, and sorrow in my life.
Please guide my path through life, and make my enemies be at peace with who I am, for I am Your child. Let your peace reign within our family, at my place of work, businesses and everything I lay my hands on.
I ask these things in your name, Amen.
Prayer for Healing Stress
Father, please grant me peace of mind, and calm my troubled heart. My soul is so uneasy. I can’t seem to find my balance, so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path You’ve laid out for me. I trust Your love, and know that you will heal this stress that I just can’t seem to shake. Just as the sun rises each day against the dark of night, please bring me clarity with the light of the Holy Father. Amen
John 16:33 – I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
Psalm 94:17-19 – Unless the Lord had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.
Psalm 23 – Surely goodness and love will follow me all of the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
John 14:27- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Psalm 119:50 – My comfort is in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.
Isaiah 26:3 – You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.
2 Thes 3:16 – May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
Psalm 46:1-3 – God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken and mountains fall into the ocean depths; even if the seas roar and rage, and the hills are shaken by the violence.
Philippians 4:6-7 – Don’t worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart. And God’s peace, which is far beyond human understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:8 – Whatever is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, excellent worthy of praise. Let your mind dwell on these things.
Romans 14:17 – For the kingdom of God is righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Are you facing a difficult disease, illness or malady and want to cry out to God for healing but don’t know what to pray? If you feel scared, alone, unsure of the future, or don’t understand how healing works, pray these words below in faith today! Below are four prayers for healing, an interview with Max Lucado explaining how we should pray for healing, and some of our favorite Bible verses on healing.
God tells us that through prayer, He can speak to us and use us to work miracles for His glory. When you use this prayer for healing you are coming to God completely surrendered and expectant to let His Holy Spirit work in and through you. I pray that you will find miraculous healing as you seek God’s plan for your life – His plan to prosper you and to give you a hope and future!
Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
A Prayer for Personal Healing
God, you know me so well. You created me. You know the number of hairs on my head, and you even know the thoughts conceived in my heart before I ever vocalize them. You’ve told us to come to you and ask for every need of life. You are Jehovah-Rapha, the God who heals, and you have the final word on my destiny, the number of years I’ll live and serve you on earth.
I’m coming to you today as your child, longing to hear from you and asking for your divine healing. There’s so much I don’t understand about life. But I do know that with one touch, one word, you can make me whole. Please forgive me of my sins, cleanse me of my unrighteousness, and begin your healing from the inside out.
I don’t always know what your will is Lord, especially in times like now, when I desperately seek your face. I offer you no promises, no bargains, no deals to exchange for my health. I simply bow my heart before you to tell you the desire of my heart: that I want to spend as many years as I can loving you here, loving others, and wanting to become more like you. However you choose to accomplish that is up to you—and okay with me. If you use doctors to provide healing, give them wisdom to know what to do. Regardless of how you accomplish it, the healing you give is always miraculous. And you deserve all the praise.
I absolutely believe you have the power to heal. You demonstrated that on earth, and you still heal in miraculous ways today. Even when my faith is weak, you say it is enough, and my love for you is strong. And I know you already hold my heart and life in your hands. It’s up to you. If I can bring you more glory through healing, then that’s what I ask for. That’s what I desire.
But if your answer is no, or not now, I know that your grace is sufficient for me. Ultimately, I want your will to be my will. I look forward to spending an eternity with you. But Lord, if you have planned still more for me to do here on this earth, I not only need and want your physical healing, Lord, but a thorough, deep-down cleansing and strengthening—a whole-hearted renewal of all that I am. Because all that I am is yours. Use this trial to strengthen me from a “what-if” faith to a “no-matter-what” faith. And no matter what, I choose to honor you and give you glory.
In Jesus’s name, Amen.
~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
Lord, your Word speaks promises of healing and restoration and I thank you for the miracles you still perform today. Today I claim those promises over my friend. I believe in the healing power of faith and prayer and I ask you to begin your mighty work in the life of my friend. Please reach down and surround my friend with supernatural peace and strength and give her the faith to believe that all things are possible for you. Protect her from Satan’s lies and discouragement and let her miraculous healing begin. Amen.
A Prayer for Healing and Grace
We confess our need for you today. We need your healing and your grace. We need hope restored. We need to be reminded that you work on behalf of those you love, constantly, powerfully, completely. Forgive us for trying to fix our situations all on our own. Forgive us for running all different directions and spinning our wheels to find help, when true help and healing must be found first in You. Forgive us for forgetting how much we need you, above everyone and everything else. We come to you and bring you the places we are hurting. You see where no one else is able to fully see or understand. You know the pain we’ve carried. The burdens. The cares. You know where we need to be set free. We ask for your healing and grace to cover every broken place. Every wound. Every heartache. Thank you that you are Able to do far more than we could ever imagine. Thank you for your Mighty Power that acts on behalf of your children. We reach out to you, and know that you are restoring and redeeming every place of difficulty, every battle, for your greater glory. Thank you that you will never waste our pain and suffering. We love you. We need you today.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen
~ Debbie McDaniel
A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
Lord Jesus, thank you that you love . I know that you hate what their illness is doing to them/me. I ask that you would heal this disease, that you would have compassion and bring healing from all sickness.
Your word says in Psalm 107:19-20 that when we call out to you the Eternal one you will give the order, heal and rescue us from certain death. In the Bible, I have read of miraculous healing and I believe that you still heal the same way today. I believe that there is no illness you cannot heal after all the bible tells of you raising people from the dead so I ask for your healing in this situation.
I also know from my experience of life on earth that not everyone is healed. If that happens here than keep my heart soft towards you, help me to understand your plan and help me to be excited about heaven.
God, I thank you that belongs to you and that you are in control of everything that happens from our first breath to our last sigh.
~ Wendy van Eyck
Read 11 More Prayers for Healing at Praywithme.com – Helpful guiding words for praying over physical, spiritual and emotional healing.
Healing Bible Verses
My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
More Healing Scripture
What are you praying for healing over today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope and healing that comes when you allow others to cover you in prayer.
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for Guidance
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
For Peace & Healing. We are deeply aware of the tragic cycle of continuing violence around the world. As we each find our own way through the complex maze of inner feelings, it is useful to know that we are not alone in our struggles or in our hopes. Even as tragedy and suffering have occurred to so many people now and throughout history, there have also been passionate insightful voices calling for peace and healing. Below are a few special prayers which many have found inspiring.
Prayers Selected by our Visitors & Staff
- Beannacht – John O’Donohue
- At Prayer With Mary – Sister Mary Lou Kownacki, OSB
- We Interrupt This War – Cappy Hall Rearick
- Refuse to Fall Down – Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estés
- Prayer for World Peace – Sister Joan Chittister, OSB
- Prayer – Dr. Maya Angelou
- Prayer for the World – Rabbi Harold Kushner
- Wage Peace – Judyth Hill
- Pray For Peace – Ellen Bass
- Here’s what to do during war – Maxine Hong Kingston
- Prayer for World Peace – Dr. Jane Goodall
- Sunlit paths of inner peace – Martin Luther King
- Do Everything with a Mind That Lets Go – Achaan Chah
- Small Wonder – Barbara Kingsolver
- One Altar – Mevlana Jelaluddin Rumi
- May we love ever more – Julia Butterfly Hill
- Prayer for Everyday for All Creation – Millionth Circle Initiative
- Instrument of Thy Peace – St. Francis of Assisi
- If There is to be Peace in the World – Lao-Tse
- Blessed are the Peacemakers – Jesus
- When I Despair – Mahatma Gandhi
- Prayer for Peace – Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan
- Prayer of Repentance – Meher Baba
- Creator, Open Our Hearts – Alycia Longriver
- Oh Almighty! May He Protect all of Us! – Kathopanisada
- May I Be Filled with Loving Kindness – Tibetan Mantra
- The Lord Bless You and Keep You – Numbers 6:24-26
- Deep Peace of the Running Wave – Gaelic Blessing
- Mychal’s Prayer – Fr. Mychal Judge, FDNY
- Do not stand at my grave and weep – Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Violence never again! – Pope John Paul II
- Make Us Worthy, Lord – Mother Teresa
- Soul of Our Souls – Pashta MaryMoon
- We Give Thanks This Day – Rev. O. Eugene Pickett
- Oh Allah! I Consult You – Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.)
- God to enfold me – Carmina Gadelica
- Today I purpose to live – Michael John Faciane
- Condemn us not if we forget – The Holy Qur’an, 2:286
- Circle me Lord – David Adam, Vicar
- Unite in Harmony – `Abdu’l-Bahá
- May Peace Prevail on Earth – Masahisa Goi
- Peace Day Prayer – Sister Rosemarie
- If I speak in the tongues of men – 1 Corinthians
More Prayers For Peace. Here are all of the prayers in our collection that include the word “peace.”
Help Us Select Prayers. If you would like to suggest a prayer for this page, please use our suggestion form.