by Shaila Touchton (USA)
Heavenly Father, I sincerely thank You from the bottom of my heart for your continued blessings on our marriage and for my husband. Lord Jesus, grant that I and my husband may have a true understanding, a gentle compassion ,trust, love and care for each other, and help us to be an example for our children .
Remove all temptation from us and bless him to be captivated by my love till death and make of our relationship successful and holy adventure which bring us together in heart and mind as well as body.
Bless my marriage to be a breeding place for your presence and love and please hear our prayers for each other. Bless his thoughts, words and actions and help him to grow spiritually. I pray Lord Jesus , for my husband as provider and protector in this marriage and for my husband ‘ s safety from all harm and give him a Perfect Health.
I pray Lord our Father for my husband ‘ s financial planning decisions. Bless him to receive showers of blessings from you as he makes Godly decisions that will affect us both and make his decisions to be wise and Godly.
Bless my husband to find me attractive inside as well as outside as we keep our marriage alive, through Jesus Christ who brought us together. I sincerely surrender my self, my husband and our marriage, our family our conflicts, our fears and troubles to you, to your love, care and guidance. In Jesus ‘ name I pray. Amen.
Return to Prayers for Strength and Guidance
Do you pray for your husband?
My answer to this was always, “Of course!”
I did pray for my husband, but not on a regular basis.
It was usually when he had something going on or asked for prayer.
I was rarely proactive in covering him in prayer.
However the further I got in my walk with God, the more I understood how powerful and important prayer was concerning my husband. After years of trying to change him and trying to be his “Holy Spirit Jr.”, I realized that prayer was the key–not my advice or complaints.
As much as I love praying for my husband, I don’t always remember to do it.
I can get sidetracked with the thousands of other responsibilities life throws at me.
In order to place it in the forefront of my mind, I put it on my calendar. Before you go thinking this is weird and impersonal….he knows I do this and actually appreciates it. I have an alert on my phone that goes off each morning at 7am that says “Pray for Hubby and Kids”.
It has been the best thing I’ve done for my marriage. Seriously, you need to try it.
Not only do I put it in my calendar, but I have a few set topics and prayers handy that help guide my prayers.
I don’t want to pray just for the sake of praying, I want to see real change and power made available to him.
When I’m praying, I’m believing!
It’s warfare time and I’m there to defend, protect and claim–not in my power, but in the name of Jesus!
Declaring the scriptures over him will actually help him to become the man God’s called him to be.
When you first begin saying these things you may think, I’m saying this but none of it’s true.
Don’t let that stop you!
Your words have power. The more you speak them, the more you will see them come to pass.
Tell other people these things about him. It honors him and he will feel supported and loved by you.
Here are a few of the prayers and declarations that I’m praying for my husband.
**As a side note: Just because I pray for him in these areas does not mean he is not doing well in them. I pray over the areas he is proficient in as well. Why? Because I want him to continue to do well in them. There is no area that the enemy won’t try to come in. I want to make sure I’m on the offense, not just the defense!
My husband works with all his heart as unto the Lord. He glorifies God with his talents. (based on Colossians 3:23)
The favor of God rests on my husband. God establishes the work of his hands and provides the business he needs. (based on Psalm 90:17)
Father, thank you for my husband’s job. Lord, help him to see it as a gift from You. Father, I pray that you continue to bless him in this area. Give him insight into his field. Continue to show him creative ways to make money and expand his presence in his industry. Lord, help him to see his job as a blessing, even in the times where it’s rough. Guard his heart and mind from discouragement when things don’t go the way he anticipates. Let him work with all his heart to bring You glory. I pray Your favor would cover him and that he would prosper in his work. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
My husband leads me with gentleness and walks in understanding with me. (based on 1 Peter 3:7)
My husband is an encouraging father. He leads our children in the way of the Lord. (based on Ephesians 6:4)
Lord, protect my husbands time at home. Father, help him to govern our house in wisdom and fear of You. Teach him Your ways, that He may be an example to our children. Give him insight into how to raise our family. Help him to balance his time between work and home life. Help him to understand how to love me better as his wife and help me learn to be respectful. Teach him to be gentle and kind with our family, while teaching us to be submissive. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
The wise will surround my husband and he will become wiser. (based on Proverbs 13:20)
My husband speaks what is edifying to those around him. He builds others up and uses his words to glorify God. (based on Ephesians 4:29)
My husband is an example to others in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. (based on 1 Timothy 4:12)
Father thank you for my husband’s godly relationships. Lord continue to surround him with men that reflect Your heart. Help him to be slow to speak and quick to listen with his friends. Guard his mouth from speaking anything other than what edifies the hearer and glorifies You. Give him divine connections throughout his day. Let him be a beacon of light to those around him. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
My husband will be in good health and prosper, even as his soul prospers. (based on 3 John 1:2)
My husband is disciplined in his eating and exercising habits. He maintains control over all cravings. (based on 1 Corinthians 9:27)
Lord I thank you for my husband’s health. Father I pray that you would preserve him. Help him to make good food choices each day. Let him crave those things that are good for him. Protect each cell in his body, that nothing harmful can prosper against him. Give him energy at the end of the day to work out. Show him a plan for working out. Send others to encourage him and even a buddy to work out with that will keep him accountable. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
My husband grows in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ daily. (based on 2 Peter 3:18)
The faith my husband has will move mountains and nothing will be impossible for him! (based on Matthew 17:20)
God I thank you that my husband is growing in wisdom, stature and favor with You and man. Continue to expand his knowledge of You, Lord. I thank you for the men you have placed in his life to help him along the way. Lord, continue to increase his faith as he reads Your Word. Preserve his time with you, Lord. Speak to him throughout the day and guide his decisions. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
How do you pray for your husband? Do you have a routine or a specific method for praying for him? I’d love for you to share it! We can help each other grow in our efforts to pray for our spouses. The more we pray, declare and seek God on behalf of our men, the more we will see them grow in the image of God.
Want to keep these scriptures and prayers close? You can print them out for free HERE.
In the age we are in, the price to make ends meet is high, and for the family man, it is even higher. Your husband wakes up before dawn, is out all day and returns late at night. This is his daily cycle. Many times, he has to rush through his prayers because there is barely time for him to pray.
You, most assuredly, want your husband to succeed and beyond that, you want him to be protected from every form of evil, but you may be clueless on what to pray about.
That can end as there are fifty protection prayers in this post that you can say on your husband’s behalf.
Prayer for My Husband Protection
1. God of heaven and earth, I entrust the life of my husband in your care. Watch over him and guard every step he takes. Deliver him from the evils of the day and the destruction of the night. Amen.
2. I pray this day, that my husband’s life is hidden with Christ in God. No evil shall befall him; no harm shall come near him.
3. May the protection of the Lord be upon my husband to deliver him from the wiles of the enemy. I declare that the Lord is his shade forever.
4. My husband, I pray that you will live long and be satisfied. You will not die an untimely death; the number of your days you will fulfil on earth.
5. I decree that no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper. Every evil gathering together for your sake shall be scattered and the plans of the enemy shall be frustrated.
- 50 Powerful Healing Prayers for the Sick
- 50 Powerful Prayer Points for Protection
- 100 Happy New Week Prayer SMS for Someone Special
- 50 Best Thanksgiving Prayers for Everyone
6. I pray that as my husband goes in and comes out, the Lord will be with him, to protect him in all his ways.
7. In your career, I displace every bad wish against you. Your source of income will not go dry.
8. I declare over my husband that his health is stable. Sickness will not make his body a harbour. My husband is hale and hearty.
9. Dear God, keep my husband from the influence of strange women. My husband will not be enticed into the embrace of the adulteress.
10. I pray for wisdom to always make the right choices for my husband. Help him to be sensitive and be able to discern between the wrong and right people. Help him also to be able to discern between profitable and dubious deals.
Godly Prayer for My Husband Protection
11. For my husband, I pray this day, that the Lord will protect him from the evil one.
12. Help my husband, Lord, to be able to withstand the antics of the deceiver. He won’t fall prey in the hands of the enemy.
13. I pray that my husband’s ears will always be open to hearing when the Lord leads him away from trouble.
14. Keep my husband strong. Let him not fall under the weights and pressures of this world.
15. Help my husband to continually be strengthened and encouraged in you, Lord.
16. When things seem to be not working, keep my husband from losing his mind. Instead, help him to trust You who is able to do all things in and for him.
17. Oh Lord, keep my husband as the apple of your eyes. He is your anointed, do not let anyone touch him for evil.
18. Lord, please spread your protection over my husband. Watch over him day and night.
19. Guard my husband in his going in and coming out. Don’t let the arrows of destruction hit him.
20. Protect my husband from maligning fellows, backbiters, envious people and the wicked ones.
21. Lord, I ask on my husband’s behalf, that you will deliver him from all his troubles. Help him to always know that you are near him.
Best Prayer for My Husband Protection
22. I pray for my husband, when he walks through the fire, he will not be burned; the waters of life will not drown him. No matter what he has to go through, he will always come out unscathed.
23. I ask for my husband’s sake, that his physical strength and natural force will not go dim. He will continually be strong.
24. Lord, watch over my husband and be his ever-present help in troubling situations.
25. I bring my husband’s work under your cover. Oh Lord, build a hedge around my husband’s career.
26. When a disaster is passing, I pray that you will hide my husband in the shadow of your wings.
27. Be my husband’s refuge and fortress, to guard him from those who seek his hurt.
28. Set an unparalleled watch over and around my husband’s health. His bones will not go weak; his body organs will not cease to function.
29. I pray that at every point my husband is emotionally down, he will find succour in you. He won’t lose his mind. Instead, help him to stay joyful through his challenging times.
30. I ask, oh Lord, that my husband will not lose the love of our children. Help him to stay in constant connection with them.
Prayer Messages for My Husband Protection
31. When my husband walks unknowingly in the midst of trouble, preserve his life. With your right hand, save him.
32. Oh Lord, I pray that you will stretch out your hand against those who plot ways to make my husband trip and fall. Keep him safe from the wish of the wicked and violent one.
33. Trials do come but do not let my husband be crushed by them. In the midst of despair, do not let him be downtrodden.
34. I pray that the activities of caterpillars, locusts and cankerworms will cease in my husband’s life. I pray that his finances will not be tampered with.
35. Let no harm catch up with or overtake my husband. Rescue him at all times.
36. Keep my husband from making wrong choices. Help him to discern between the right and the wrong at all times when making choices in his relationship, career, finances, issues that concern his health and our family.
37. In times of trouble, keep my husband’s faith from failing. Let his soul continually find encourages in you.
38. Keep my husband’s body from illnesses. Shield him from ailments. Let him find strength in you always.
39. Lord, protect and preserve my husband. Do not give him over to the wish of the wicked ones.
40. Sustain my husband, Lord, and keep his heart from fear and worry.
God’s Protection prayer Over My Husband
41. I pray that my husband will never lose hope and faith in you. Help him to always keep his body and soul together.
42. Uphold my husband. Don’t let him ever feel discouraged. Guard his heart from anxiety and evil thoughts.
43. Strengthen my husband, Lord. Keep his heart from fear and dismay at all times.
44. Lord, keep my husband from shame. Don’t let the enemy rejoice over him.
45. Help my husband to always remember your promise: to preserve and keep him from falling.
46. Father, preserve my husband so that he will grow so old to see our children’s children even to the fourth generation as you have promised.
47. Dear God, protect my husband from all forms of accidents: road, air, home accidents. Cover every means by which he transports himself from one place to another.
48. Shield my husband’s body from a terminal and non-terminal diseases. Knock them off before they even call at his body.
49. Protect my husband from the fiery darts of the wicked ones. Do not let their gathering over his life stand.
50. I pray that my husband’s trust in you will not die. Help him to know that you are always with him no matter what comes his way.
- Written By Ajiki Christiana.
Years ago, I decided to consistently pray for my husband. While that sounds really mature and wonderful, the choice was a selfish endeavor, though I thought I was being helpful. In my immaturity, I wanted a few things to change in my marriage and so I called on the Lord to change them. Funny how I discovered the one who needed to change was ME! Ever been there?
Through God’s work in my heart, I discovered the importance of praying for my husband and the power of praying for him. Over the years, God has shown me his work in my marriage through prayer time and time again. Prayer is a life-changing, uninterrupted connection to our heavenly Father and oh how he loves to hear his children pray! Check out these 10 prayers to pray over your husband using God’s Word.
1. Pray for his work.
“Lord, I pray that You would bless my husband’s work. That he would be diligent and prosperous. That You would give him wisdom and discernment. God, I pray You would give him strength to walk the opportunities you provide. Thank you, Lord.”
Do you see a person skilled in his work? He will stand in the presence of kings. He will not stand in the presence of the unknown. Proverbs 22:29 CSB
SEE ALSO: 3 Reasons Why Your Husband Really Needs You
2. Pray for his heart, soul and mind.
“Father, I praise You for my husband, Your unique creation. Please guard his heart and mind, Jesus. Protect him from temptation and fill him up with the good things he needs. You’ve promised to fill his soul with what he needs and I ask You to do just that.”
For he has satisfied the thirsty and filled the hungry with good things. Psalm 107:9 CSB
3. Pray for healing from the past.
SEE ALSO: 3 Ways to Show Your Husband He is Admired
“God, would You heal the wounds of my husband’s heart? You’ve promised healing to those who submit to You. Lord, please smooth the scars of past hurts and brokenness. May Your healing permeate his being, inside and out.”
Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved, for you are my praise. Jeremiah 17:14 CSB
4. Pray for courage.
“Lord, You are gracious and merciful, yet You are all-powerful and understanding. This world can be a fearful place and I pray that You would give my husband courage. Lord, infuse his character with courage for daily decisions and the difficult ones as well.”
SEE ALSO: 10 Things You Should Never Say to Your Husband
The fear of the Lord leads to life; one will sleep at night without danger. Proverbs 19:23 CSB
5. Pray for his leadership.
“God, You have provided Your Word and I am so grateful. May Your Word guide my husband as the leader of our home. May his leadership skills be empowered by your wisdom. I trust that You will lead in his hand and heart in our relationship, his work, our home, community and church.”
Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God—who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly—and it will be given to him. James 1:5 CSB
6. Pray for wisdom in finances.
“Lord, money yields the greatest potential to cause problems in a home. Please give my husband wisdom as he seeks to honor You with finances. I praise You for the blessings You’ve provided and I pray that You would help him, help us, to always honor You first.”
Keep your life free from the love of money. Be satisfied with what you have, for he himself has said, I will never leave you or abandon you. Hebrews 13:5 CSB
7. Pray for a heart for the Lord.
“Father, please give my husband a pure heart for You. May he seek to love You and trust You with everything he has and is. Protect him from opinions intended to sway him from Your Word.”
Don’t work only while being watched, as people-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, do God’s will from your heart. Ephesians 6:6 CSB
8. Pray for his speech.
“Father, in a day when the world speaks with complete corruption, keep my husband’s words pure before You. I pray that he would use his words just as You would have him to. I praise You for his personality and pray for purposeful conversations in our marriage.”
No foul language should come from your mouth, but only what is good for building up someone in need, so that it gives grace to those who hear. Ephesians 4:29 CSB
9. Pray for his friendships.
“Lord, I pray that You would provide encouraging friendships for my husband. That he would know he is never alone because You are with him, but I ask for others to speak into his life and sharpen him as he sharpens them.”
Iron sharpens iron, and one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17 CSB
10. Pray for your husband to be a good father.
“God, I thank You that You are the good, good Father. Would you help my husband’s parenting to reflect You? May his children know Your heavenly love personally and experience it through their earthly father.”
Fathers, don’t stir up anger in your children, but bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4 CSB
If you know someone struggling or feeling disconnected in their marriage, share these powerful prayers with them and use this article to encourage their hearts. Maybe you know someone who longs to strengthen her marriage and build up her husband, these prayers would be the perfect tool to do so!
Visual reminders of my praying intentions are always a bonus and if that’s you too, check out the You + Me gift collection for beautiful inspiration to pray for your husband. This collection, inspired by The 5 Love Languages, comes with sticky prayers, couples’ coupon book, correspondent cards and love notes. You could also take your prayer encouragement another step by giving your husband one of these beautiful “You’ve been prayed for…” cards.
This article originally appeared on DaySpring.com. Used with permission. For even more inspirational articles, shareable Ecards and hundreds of Christian tools and resources, check out DaySpring.com today!
Image courtesy: ©Thinkstock/jacoblund
Publication date: June 9, 2017