It’s easy to feel comfortable when we have money. These financial prayers are for when we are not so fortunate, when the dire need for money obscures our sense of well-being and spirituality, and even detracts from our appreciation of life.
The key to true abundance is to recognize, and appreciate, how much God has already given us. It is not wrong to ask for sustenance when we need it. God is always willing to hear our prayer. If we open our hearts to recognizing and appreciating all that we already have, instead of seeing only the half-empty glass, God does not turn us away.
For Financial Breakthrough
Lord, you are the source of all my sustenance.
I pray that you hear my prayer and guide me in your infinite wisdom.
My spirit is full, but my wallet is empty! I need your help.
My finances are in crisis, and are causing me great pain.
Please uplift my heart so that I may appreciate all that I do have so that I may also be blessed with more prosperity.
Money issues bring me down, and I forget to thank You for all that I do have thanks to Your blessings.
Please remind me of Your abundance, so that my money will
Once again flow in to me, and sustain me as much as Your loving care.
Prayer for Money
Dear God, my struggles with money are bringing me down. I am in dire need for myself and my family.
I know that You have all answers, and You always hear me.
Please shine your infinite light into my life,
Bless me with abundance so that my family may thrive.
I thank You for all You have done for me to date
And I pray You will always remind me when I forget
That my spirit and soul always dwell in Your good graces.
Thank You oh Lord, for blessing me with material comfort
So that I am reminded of the bountiful fruits of Your deeds.
Table of contents
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Financial Prayers”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Money taken away by cheating- My husband’s friend named Michael has cheated him and taken away 25lacs to invest in share market and promised to return the interest and principal… …
- Please pray for my job security- I work for a financial company that helps people. However, things have been slow lately. Please pray that I can keep my job as long… …
- Prayer for finances so we dont end up homeless- Please pray for my family as we are being evicted and losing many things we need due to financial problems we need a financial blessing… …
- Surgery prayer- To supply me with finances during this time. To remain in my apartment during surgery and healing with what I need. Then to work for… …
- Urgent money miracle- I am really suffering with my nine children because of lack of money to improve our living conditions. Please ask God urgently to assist us… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear Abba, Please send my husband provisions for his start up company soon. …
- Financial Abundance- Yesterday was a bad sales day at work; did almost nothing; believing God to do miracle turn around today & give me an above &… …
- Our New hone- Holy Saint Jude Thaddeus, We have been living in a bad home mold and leakages and it’s making us sick. We have been offered a better… …
- Financial breakthrough- Glorious Lord Jesus, your word says when praying in secret places you will be rewarded I have been very GRATEFUL for all you have provided… …
- Return of Lost Possession- My prayers is that God should help me recover the money lost to scammers. I got the money through hard work, long hours of work.… …
- Financial Help, Peace, Sale of my home, return to school- I pray for relief of my financial burdens. I pray for a financial miracle, financial prosperity, financial abundance, & financial stability. I pray that my… …
- Financial Abundance- Thanking God we made our house payment. Asking Him to abundantly bless my husband’s sales day at work today as we have a number of… …
- Money- Got divorced and lost my job. I need prayers to get lucky and money as I am close to retirement without house and lost most… …
- Help with a loan- Morning lord can you please help me with a loan my name is bad and im struggling, i want to pay up my debts so… …
- A Light- Father I come today to you for a financial miracle. You know my struggles. I do not ask for more than what i need. …
- Financial breakthrough- Dear lord, I humbly come before your mighty throne, lord you know I am in credit card debt, financial crisis I need a miracle lord,… …
- Business capital provision- Lord God I pray for your total deliverance and want to ask you Lord to always provide for me and my husband, where ever we… …
- My family and my business- Dear God, Please bless me with what I need to meet my financial obligations. When Eddie left we have to handle the business and it… …
- Finances to pay bills, etc.- God to please greatly bless my sales day today with many big & medium sales, floods of buying, paying customers; have to pay past due… …
- Prayer for my family- I ask for prayer to raise the money needed for my husband and me to unite our families. We give thanks to God for providing… …
More prayers posted in: Money
I surrender my financial affairs and concerns about money to your Divine care and love.
I ask that you remove my worries, anxieties, and fears about money, and replace them with faith.
I know and trust that my debts will be paid and money will flow into my life.
I have only to look to nature to see proof of the abundance you provide.
I release all negative thoughts about money, and know that prosperity is my true state.
I commit to being grateful for all that I now have in my life.
I learn to manage my finances wisely, seeking help where needed.
And finally, I ask you to help me understand my purpose in life and to act on that purpose with courage and strength. I know that prosperity will come, in part, by doing work I love. Please help me use my skills and knowledge to be of service in the world.
Thank you, God.
Praying is the most effective way to invite God to work miracles in your life. Here are some more of our favorite prayers offering spiritual guidance to help steer you on your path as you grow in your faith.
The Apostles’ Creed
The Serenity PrayerThe Lord’s PrayerA Birthday PrayerPrayer of ThanksgivingPrayer for Inner Peace and Calm
“It is by grace we have been saved.” (Ephesians 2:5)
Many of us feel the tight bonds of our budget each month. How do we have faith that God will provide for us when we’re struggling to keep our lights on, gas in our car, and our growing children in clothes that fit? What about the ache to reach out to others when we lack the means to do it, or having to tell our kids they can’t join their peers because the budget is maxed out?
Every day we debate ourselves over what to spend our money on. When the incorrect choices we make affect our family, friends, and responsibilities, we can turn to God in prayer… trusting that He is not waiting to mound a side of guilt on top of our conviction. He is waiting help us and guide us… even through the mistakes we continue to struggle with. Use this prayer to confess your challenges with money and ask for God’s help and wisdom!
Prayer for Finances
Father, praise You for saving us by Your indisputable grace. Nothing trumps Your just and loving hand. No poor decision we make, irresponsible purchase, or insurmountable debt can separate us from Your love.
Paul reminds us in Ephesians that there isn’t anything we can do to gain or lose our salvation. The freedom Christ won us on the cross is what it is. Nothing we do or say can add or subtract from His sacrifice… or from who He is.
Without a concrete Rock to stand on, we would drift along thinking that we somehow have the power to trump Your authority. Thank You for reminding us, through Your Word, that we do not. That You love us indisputably and always, whether we are precise accountants or frivolous spenders. You know who we are, and You know our heart’s intentions and our struggles. You are the only one equipped to balance and judge where we are at. You consistently say that we are Yours and remind us, through Your Word, of Jesus’ sacrifice for us.
Father, we confess our financial challenges. In a society that lifts money up to such high importance, it’s extremely hard to battle our mind’s eye each day. Thank You for blessing us with money to spend, and help us to honor You with our choices. Forgive us for mindlessly buying things in dollar sections and store end-caps. Sometimes, there are things that we never knew we needed until the bright discount sticker catches our eye. Strengthen us in those moments to fight our impulses by yielding to the power of the Holy Spirit within us.
Help us to see our finances through Your eyes. You have a purpose and plan for our lives, and every cent we’re blessed with to manage. Stir our hearts to seek Your counsel on everything from buying dessert to a brand new car. Urge us to seek You in Your Word, and prayerfully consider Jesus’ example on this earth. We confess that we don’t often stop to think about what You want for our wallet over what we want. When new trends are just a swipe of the credit card away, stir in our hearts to fight temptation.
Jesus walked the earth simply, as a carpenter… without a flashy lifestyle. His miracles were something money couldn’t buy. Not then, and not now. God’s love and God’s plan look different for all of us, but His love does not rise and fall on a scale. He is everlasting, omnipotent, and sovereign. And He has chosen us. Created us. And called us good.
Our purpose on this earth is to help others. Whether we struggle to part with our money, or have trouble accepting God’s generous blessing, help us to be laser-focused on our conversation with You. When we look around to compare our finances with others, it will always cause our hearts unrest. We don’t have the privilege of knowing people inside and out and from the moment of their creation like You do. We assume wealthy equals satisfied. But only Christ holds the key to all happiness.
Whether we seek careers or possessions to heighten our visibility in society, none will ever satisfy or compare to Jesus’ love. Help us to follow Christ in our daily lives. Prayer is life changing, that You promise us. We lift up the bills that puzzle and scare us to You. Guide us, direct us, and equip us to trust You more and more in the daily direction of our financial lives.
Thank You for providing for us, Father. Just the fact that we are skimming over these words is prove that You’ve provided for another day for us. Bless our finances, and help us to seek You first in everything, each day. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
How are you applying this Prayer for Finances to your life and spending? Comment below and recieve encouragement and support from our large praying community!
Meg Bucher writes about everyday life within the love of Christ on her blog, “Mom” is the most important calling on her life, next to encouraging others to seek Him first… authentically. A dance mom, occasional substitute teacher, and youth worship leader, she can often be found having some kind of an adventure in the small little lake town she resides in with her husband of ten years, two daughters, and their doodle-dog.
Photo credit: ©Thinkstock/OcusFocus
Lord God in heaven I come to you humbly asking you to bless me financially. This is not hard for you to do because the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof. You are Jehovah Jireh the God who provides and I ask you to provide for me and my family and my friends. We are in need of your help.
Lord I ask you to show me the areas in my life where I may not have been a good steward of Your money and I ask that you would bring conviction into my heart by the power of Your Holy Spirit. Show me the areas where I need to improve how I handle your money so that I may honor You by using what You give me in a manner that pleases You. I pray Lord that when I receive this financial blessings that you will send me in the next few days, I will tithe to the ministry that you will call to my mind the amount which You will put in my heart. Lord I know that You are able to supply my needs according to your glorious riches in Christ Jesus. I know that you are the God who gives me the ability to create wealth and I make a covenant with you today that when you send me this financial blessing I will praise you for it no matter how small it may be and I will continue to serve you with a grateful heart.
Lord I ask that you would cause me to have an undivided heart and mind towards you. No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. I know that I cannot serve both You God and Money(Luke 16:13). Forgive me if I have misplaced my worship and my focus. Bless me this day with the blessing that you gave our forefather Abraham. Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain (1Chronicles 4:10). In Jesus Name. AMEN.