It’s true. You have an adversary who wants to attack your desires, your thoughts, even how you see and treat your body. So you and I need to be on guard against Satan’s schemes.
According to 1 Peter 5:8, “Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour” (NASB). But God’s Word also gives us a strategy against those attacks by telling us to “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes…” (Ephesians 6:11-18). I find it interesting that every piece of “armor” described in that passage refers to the character of Christ. In other words, put on Christ-likeness – abide in Christ – and you will fend off the attacks of the enemy.
We abide in Christ through surrender and constant communion with Him. As you suit up with the armor of God, here are five prayers to pray against Satan’s attacks on your heart, mind, emotions, mouth, and body.
Table of contents
- 1 1. A Prayer to Guard Your Heart
- 2 2. A Prayer to Defend Your Mind
- 3 3. A Prayer to Calm Your Emotions
- 4 4. A Prayer to Cover Your Mouth
- 5 5. A Prayer to Protect Your Body
- 6 Submit a Free Online Prayer Request Form
- 7 Spiritual Warfare Prayers from Demonic Attack
- 8 Looking A Prayer: Break free from witchcraft spells through deliverance prayer – fill out the free online prayer request form
1. A Prayer to Guard Your Heart
Lord God, Captain of my heart, Satan knows if I follow Your Greatest Commandment – to love You with all my heart, soul, and mind (Matthew 22:37) – he is powerless over me. Guard my heart, Lord Jesus, so that it beats for You alone. Don’t let me grow complacent toward You or be lured to love anyone or anything more than You. Remove the idols from my heart so that You alone command my allegiance and utmost affections Help me to love and forgive others as You have forgiven me so the enemy can get no foothold through hate or bitterness on my part. Cultivate in my heart Your love that “bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things” (>1 Corinthians 13:7, NASB). Finally, Lord, set my heart on things above, not on earthly things. Help me to remember that You died for me and my life is now hidden which Christ in God (>Colossians 3:1-2). Increase my longing for heaven so this world holds no power over me.
2. A Prayer to Defend Your Mind
Almighty God, cover my mind with the helmet of Your salvation, reminding me constantly that I am Your child and the enemy can’t mess with me. Fix my thoughts, Lord Jesus, on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, and admirable. Help me to think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise so Your peace will guard my mind (Philippians 4:8-9). Don’t let me copy the behavior and customs of this world, but transform me into a new person by changing the way I think. Then I will learn to recognize Your will for me which is good and pleasing and perfect (Romans 12:2, NLT). Saturate my mind with Your truth so I am convinced that the answers are found in Your Word, not out in the world.
SEE ALSO: 5 Areas of Your Life Satan Wants to Enter
3. A Prayer to Calm Your Emotions
Lord, keep the enemy at bay by calming my emotions with the peace of Your presence. Help me to follow Your command and not worry about anything, but pray about everything, with a thankful heart offering up prayers and requests to you so that You can give me that peace that no one can completely understand – a peace that will control the way I think and feel (Phil. 4:6-7, CEV). Remind me, daily, that You are the Only One who can meet my emotional needs so I don’t look to any person for my identity, validation, or for my love tank to be filled. Thank You that You are the God of peace, the God of order, the God who heals my wounds and helps me sort through and make sense of life. You are not the God of chaos or confusion. Fill me with Your Spirit so I may express to others only love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).
4. A Prayer to Cover Your Mouth
Lord, Jesus, guard my mouth so that my words will be few. Help me to be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger (James 1:19). Don’t let me speak reckless words that can pierce like swords. Instead, give me a tongue that brings healing (Proverbs 12:18). Don’t let me give in to gossip or speak careless critical words that will wound others. Keep the enemy far from me so that no unwholesome talk comes out of my mouth but only what is helpful for building others up, according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Don’t let me grieve the Holy Spirit through my words (Ephesians 4:29-30).
5. A Prayer to Protect Your Body
Lord, I give my body to You. Let it be a living and holy sacrifice, the kind You will find acceptable (Romans 12:1, NLT). I know from Your Word that Satan can not sift me like wheat or even lay a hand on me without Your permission. So place Your hedge around me so that my body – Your temple – can be preserved, pure, holy, and healthy for You (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). Block Satan’s attempts to make me doubt that I am “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14) and don’t let me listen to his taunts to harm my body through neglect, contempt, addiction or abuse. I am Yours, Lord Jesus, and I want to glorify You in my body so keep me from Satan’s attempts and the temptations in this world and in my flesh to make me impure, to dress immodestly, to make my body a showcase or advertisement for evil or self glorification.
As you pray that God will develop the fruits of His Holy Spirit in every area of your life, you will be invincible through prayer to the one who seeks to tear you down and make you less like Christ.
SEE ALSO: Can the Devil Read Minds?
Cindi McMenamin is a national speaker and best-selling author who helps women and couples find strength for the soul. She is the author of 15 books, including When Women Walk Alone (more than 125,000 copies sold), When a Woman Overcomes Life’s Hurts, When Couples Walk Together, (co-authored with her husband, Hugh), and her newest, 10 Secrets to Becoming a Worry-Free Mom. For more on her books, ministry, or free resources to strengthen your soul or marriage, see her website: StrengthForTheSoul.com.
Publication date: September 7, 2016
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
SEE ALSO: How Satan Entices People to Sin
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersThe Prayer of JabezShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerThe Prayer of St FrancisSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerIrish Prayers and BlessingsAdvent PrayersChristmas PrayersThanksgiving PrayerHoly Week Prayers for Each DayEaster PrayersMother’s Day PrayerPrayers for My HusbandPrayers for My SonPrayers for My DaughterPrayer Quotes
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
PRAYERS AGAINST ASTRAL PROJECTION AND ATTACKS
Matthew 12:43, ”When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.”
Astral projection and attacks are the words used to describe a spirit leaving out of the physical body of a person. Astral attacks occurs when a dark spirit is attacking a person. This involves the manipulation and movement of demons into the astral world.
They takes and transfer a person’s spirit into another world. Some of the spirit that find their ways into a person physical body, are projected without awareness.
There are astral projection that attack a person in order to control, manipulate and divert a person’s glory. A person using evil powers can allow the spirit of a person to come out of his own body. Such a person will now send such spirit on a demonic assignment .
Their satanic mission is to kill, steal and destroy. When he has completed his evil assignment, his spirit get back into a sleepy body.
Many people ask if this kind of attack is still much prevalent in this generation. They also ask if it is possible for a person spirit to travel wide while asleep. The correct answer is yes. The Bible says, Matthew 13:25, “But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.”
The physical body of a person can be weakened where the spirit has done so much activities in the realm of the spirit. You can sleeping in the same bed with a person whose spirit has traveled to another location for one demonic assignment or the other.
These astral attacks can be projected by your enemies to initiate and cage your spirit man in the witchcraft world. That’s why we see many others are partly born again and partly witchcraft possessed. The astral attack can summon out a spirit out of a person through projection of voodoo, enchantment, divination, incantation, or other types of juju powers.
One of the plans of the devil is to keep us from our inheritance and relationship with God. So he has created this form of soul travel for his purposes. When a soul leaves the body, the body is then open to be inhabited by other spirits, demonic or human from the spiritual world. As our soul travels around it is subject to attack itself, by demonic spirits that can do astral rituals on it, or even have sex with it.
Sexual Dream Projection An astral attack can also be projected unintentionally by someone who has the ability to send these but is not aware that they have this ability to do that.
- Prayers When Spiritual Attacks are much
- Warfare Prayers Against Wicked Arrows
ASTRAL ATTACKS AND TRAVEL
Through astral attack, the demons can successfully travel to attack a physical body through dream. Somebody can be in Nigeria and flies through astral travel to the United States. This is a situation where the human spirit operates without the body.
When a person is flying in the dream, it is called astral attack. A situation when a certain spirit enters a person is known as astral projection. The ability for a person to fly around to travel to a far distance is known as astral attacks.
Many occult people use astral travel as a means to wreak havoc on their victims. These astral travelers perform astral rituals over people, spy on people, harass them, monitor them and much more. They can inflict damages on the soul of people.
Astral Projection & Attacks COMMON SIGNS OF ASTRAL PROJECTION AND ATTACKS
A person may be projected in one evil altar. And the person will receive mysterious attack in another witchcraft kingdom.
- Constant flying in the dream
- Seeing a flash of shadow of a spirit moving around your room or compound
- Strange hands pointing at you in the night
- Seeing snakes or other poisonous hiding in your house
- Having a feeling that a strange spirit is controlling you
- Seeing known faces attacking you in the dream
- Seeing known faces pursuing you in the dream
- Prolonged states of anger
- Sudden hatred from your close friend, family or helpers
- Drinking of alcohol and fornication
- Resentments, bitterness, vindictiveness, and many types of fears, will draw and attract these astral demons
SYMPTOMS OF ASTRAL PROJECTION AND ATTACKS
There are many different symptoms that can accomodate astral projection and attacks from the kingdom of darkness. The following list identifies a few major symptoms. But these symptoms can also indicate other types of health problems and it’s important to investigate all possibilities.
- Strange character and negative attitude
- Major changes in behavior for no reason
- A loss of memory
- Icy cold feeling on part or all of your body
- Hearing someone’s voice regularly
- Hearing voices from no where
- Recurrent or frequent nightmares
- Strange or recurring accidents
- Feeling someone is watching you
- A discomfort or fear in a specific room or area in your home or office
- A loss of self-confidence
- A sudden loss of energy
- Sudden illnesses that elude diagnosis
- Sudden illnesses that cannot be explained
- Feeling someone touch you or bump into you when nobody is present
- Sensing a presence · Sensing a large pair of eyes watching you or following you
- Sudden or irrational difficulties with finances or relationships
- Imagining monsters, animals or frightening shadows
- Sudden depression without an apparent cause · Seeming ongoing bad luck
- Irrational fear, anger or sorrow
Astral Attacks Through Witchcraft Projection The occultic powers can project themselves into a living and non-living thing to make sure their operation against their victims would be successful. These includes: Sand, stones, clothes, wedding ring, cup, dog, snakes, a person, sun, food, water, cream, shoes, cap etc
Astral ritual is a witchcraft ritual that is done by a human spirit, or a group of human spirits. They find a place in the spiritual realm to set up an altar and perform a ritual. It is exactly the same as a physical ritual, but done in the spiritual realm instead.
These astral rituals directly affect whoever they are being done on or over. Because these are done in the spiritual realm, the person who is the victim of the ritual will not even know it is happening. They will feel the effects of it, but they won’t know what they are feeling or why. Most likely they will feel some sort of emotional torment, devastation, a sense of falling apart, inability to function, and things of that nature.
HOW DO WE OVERCOME ASTRAL PROJECTION AND ATTACKS?
- If you commit sin, confess it quickly.
- Reject all evil deposits and anointing still left in your life such as anger and lust.
- Use the blood of Jesus against any evil anointing coming against you.
- Bind the strongman.
- Ask for divine assistance to frustrate, confront, and confound them. Isaiah 44:25.
- Release upon them fire from God’s altar.
- Ask God to send angelic hosts to police your environment.
- Use the blood of Jesus to reclaim back everything that they have destroyed and stolen from your life.
PRAYER POINTS AGAINST ASTRAL PROJECTION AND ATTACKS
- Every wicked power invoking my spiritman to wander around, let the thunder of God strike you to death, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power going on spiritual journey for my sake, fall down and die.
- Any astral demons monitoring me, die by fire in Jesus name.
- I withdraw my glory from astral world, in the name of Jesus.
- Every astral projection into my life and destiny, go back to the sender, in the name of Jesus.
- Any witches and wizard on a spiritual journey for my sake, I PULL YOU DOWN MY FIRE, in the name of Jesus.
- Every evil bird flying for my sake, be roasted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every astral attack against my elevation, somersault into the fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every agenda of the enemy for my life through astral attacks, your time is up, therefore die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Arrows of familiar spirit, gather yourself together and backfire, in Jesus name.
- Powers assigned to possess me, die by the power in the blood of Jesus.
- My spirit man reject every witchcraft call, in the name of Jesus.
- I frustrate every familiar spirit’s exchange of my virtues, in the name of Jesus.
- I deliver my soul from every bewitchment of astral attack, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spell and enchantment, programmed against me by astral powers, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spiritual marriage with familiar spirits, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus, destroy every familiar spirit’s manipulation, fashioned against me, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, let the weapons of familiar spirits turn against them, in the name of Jesus.
- Every familiar spirit stealing my virtues, release them and die, in Jesus name.
- Every evil deposit in my spirit, soul and body, be flushed out by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
- Every stranger in my body (ministry, life and calling, business, marriage), jump out, in the name of Jesus.
- By fire, I destroy every soul tie between me and the occult kingdom, in Jesus name.
- Let the thunder, fire and lightening of the Lord scatter all the forces of the enemy, in the name of Jesus.
- Any astral ritual done on my soul to explore my virtues, burn to ashes, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, let your fire destroy every witches using astral travel to get at me, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the identification mark of the occult upon my life be washed off by the blood of Jesus.
- Every invisible enemy that is roaming around my premises at night to subdue me, be exposed and be ignited by fire, in Jesus name.
- I command the fire of the Holy Ghost to destroy their witchcraft covens and scatter them unto desolation, in Jesus name.
- Fire of God, burn to ashes the agenda of eaters of flesh and drinkers of blood, in the name of Jesus.
- Let all the strong holds of the serpent and scorpion in my household receive the thunder of God and be dismantled, in the name of Jesus.
Submit a Free Online Prayer Request Form
Do you need prayer of agreement? Please submit a free online prayer request form. Every Tuesday night at 10:00 central standard time, I pray over your prayers on Facebook live. I only mention your first name and do not say where you live. If you mention your children, husband or wife, I don’t say the names to keep your prayer request discrete. On the form below, you have a choice to choose not to have your prayer on Prayer and Intercession Group Live. If you check no, then someone from my team will send you a private audio or email with a prayer for you. Facebook Live Prayer and Intercession Group – Join
Buy & Download Cheap MP3 Music Online .10¢ Per Song
Submit A Free Online Prayer Request Form below. Click the button and get started with your prayer request and see what the Lord does for you. He does answer prayer. God is our healer, deliverer. He moves mountains and changes circumstances in our lives. I may get a word of knowledge for your circumstances, or a prophetic word for your behalf because the Lord cares and wants you free, healed and mountains moved out of the way to serve Him. Jesus loves you very much, and your prayer matters.
Maybe you are going through trials and tribulations, or you have a burden for a friend, family member. Maybe you want us to agree for salvation for a loved one. Please submit a free online prayer request. It is to your benefit.
Prayer Works: I prayed for a minister in Pakistan who was suffering from headaches from high blood pressure and she wrote and said the following: “Few days ago i had high blood pressure and i was feeling pain in my head. I am healed in the name of Jesus Christ. I would like to give thanks to you in Christ because you have prayed for me and i got healing power in the name of Jesus Christ.” Jesus gets all the praise because it is He who heals.
Spiritual Warfare Prayers from Demonic Attack
You may be going through witchcraft attack, and you want us to agree for the Lord to stop the attacks.
Prayers of intercession – fill out the free online prayer request form
Spiritual Warfare Prayers for Healing: “If My people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14”
Looking A Prayer: Break free from witchcraft spells through deliverance prayer – fill out the free online prayer request form
Are you one of the many people struggling in your Christian walk and while longing to know the fullness of life that Jesus won for you on the Cross, you still carry hurts and pains, sickness and disease, or something blocking your success! Need deliverance from demons and evil spirits, check out our school of ministry or if you live out of town do our online teachings.
If you are contemplating suicide, please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255).
Lee: “Thank you guys for praying for me. This load is becoming lighter please continue to keep me in prayer for total healing and peace.”
Click on button and fill out your form.
How to Become a Prayer Warrior
The Power of Prayer
In spiritual warfare, the biggest source of power that we have is prayer. Throughout the ages we have forgotten how to pray effectively. All too often our prayers do not carry any real power behind them because they are diminished when our own desires and biases creep into them. Praying in power is vitally important in spiritual warfare.
How Prayer Works
In order to learn how to pray more effectively with God’s power behind our prayers it is first necessary to understand how prayer actually works. When we pray for something we are in essence willing something into being in the spiritual realm. By willing something into being in the spiritual it will later manifest itself in our earthly realm. This is the reason why we typically end our prayers with the word “Amen,” which essentially means, “Let it be done!”
How to Pray Effectively
Now that we understand how prayer works we can change the way that we pray in order to make our prayers more powerful and effective. Here is the single most powerful and effective prayer that anyone can pray for another person:
Lord, I lift up this person to you and ask that you fulfill all of his or her needs according to your will. Not his or her will, but your will be done in this person’s life. Amen!
On the surface this prayer may seem too simple or too general to be effective. This is a common misconception among some Christians who believe that you must pray long and wordy prayers that ask for very specific outcomes. In actual fact, however, there is no prayer more powerful or more effective than this one. Here are the main reasons why:
- By praying for the Lord’s will to be done we are enabling the Lord to invoke his own will in the spiritual realm, which carries much more power behind it.
- By not praying for a specific outcome we are not putting any limitations or restrictions on the Lord. We may think we know what is best for another person, but all too often we are unable to see the big picture. It is, therefore, much more prudent to let the Lord decide what is truly best for another person. If our desired outcome is in conflict with the Lord’s will, our prayer will be a hindrance to the Lord rather than a help. This is a common reason why many prayers seemingly go unanswered. When the Lord doesn’t act in accordance with what we prayed for it is often a good clue that we were not praying correctly.
Consider the following scenario:
John has been out of work for over a year and is in terrible need of finding a good job to support his family. John has an upcoming job interview and has asked us to pray for him.
At this point we have two choices on how to pray for John. The most common prayer that some Christians would offer would be something like this:
“Lord, please be with John during his job interview and help him to get a good position with this company so that he can support his family. Amen!”
By doing this we have now limited the Lord’s options to either giving John this particular job or not. Little did we know that this job would not be the best choice for John in the long run. We were also unaware of the fact that the Lord already had a significantly better job in mind for John, which would have become available the very next day.
If, however, we had used the following prayer instead, we would have allowed the Lord to fulfill John’s needs in a much better way:
“Lord, I lift up John to you and ask that you fulfill all of his needs according to your will. Not his will, but your will be done in his life.”
Now the Lord can carry out his original plan for John, which was to get him the job at this other company the very next day.
Spiritual Awareness & Protection
Once you become an effective prayer warrior by praying in God’s will you will attract the attention of the spiritual forces of evil in the spiritual realms. It is written in Ephesians 6:12:
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
You must, therefore, become spiritually aware so that you may recognize when you are under attack from the evil ones. You must also learn how to defend yourself against any such assaults.
Recognizing Spiritual Attack
Spiritual attacks can come in the form of physical assaults or emotional assaults. Recognizing these different forms of attack is very important. Here are some common physical symptoms of spiritual attack:
- Excessive yawning (especially during the day). Yawning is the result of oxygen deprivation to the brain. The evil can consume the oxygen around you causing you to yawn frequently.
- Sneezing when there is no obvious cause (allergies, pepper, etc.). Ever wonder why we say, “God bless you” when someone sneezes?
- You may get the chills for no apparent reason.
- Headaches (especially severe ones like migraines)
- You may suddenly feel aches and pains with no rational explanation for them.
- You may also feel extremely tired and drained of energy.
Here are some common symptoms of an emotional spiritual attack:
- The evil have the ability to strongly influence your thoughts. They can plant suggestions in your head to do things or say things that you wouldn’t normally do. Be aware of any strange thoughts that enter your mind that you would not normally think of.
- The evil can also influence your emotions in a strong way. You may suddenly experience severe depression or extreme anger. Sometimes you will be very tense and short tempered for no good reason.
Defending Against Spiritual Attack
If you ever believe you are under attack you should always call on the Lord and ask him to help you. In addition, there are many things which you can and should do each day in order to ensure that you have sufficient protection against the spiritual forces of evil.
- You must put on the full armor of God morning and night by praying to the Lord and asking him to put the armor of God on you. Refer to Ephesians 6:10-18 for more information about the armor of God.
- You must ask for forgiveness of sins both morning and night.
- You must give your will to all three members of the Holy trinity both morning and night. You can simply say, “Lord I give my complete will to you for the next 24 hour period, not my will but your will be done in my life.”
- You must read Psalm 92 both morning and night.
- Whenever in need say aloud “Praise the Lord” nine consecutive times followed by, “O my soul praise the Lord!”
- You may read the first 5 verses of the book of John as a means of forcing the evil to back off of you.
- If in great need you may read Psalm 70.