Have you ever wondered what the Bible says about a blessing prayer to bless someone? Well, today we are going to look deeper into the subject. Is it something we should always do? Why is a blessing prayer so important. Well, let’s first of all look at a few Bible verses about blessings, that come from God to bless someone we really love and care about.
Bible Verses about Blessings
An all-time favorite blessing prayer in the Bible can be found in Numbers 6:24-26. The Bible says God told Moses to tell Aaron and his sons that this is how they were supposed to bless the Israelites. This is what he should speak to them.
The Lord bless and keep you; the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
What a great model to go by when it comes to praying blessings upon others.
Now back to the other question. Are we supposed to pray prayers of blessings for one another? Absolutely! The Bible says to rejoice always and pray continually. Also to give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
We should always have a prayer of blessing upon our hearts for our fellow man. Not only that but we should give thanks in any and every circumstance that we are going through in life. We need to rejoice because it does not matter what we are going through there will always be someone going through a harder experience. So the truth is that you do not have to go too far to notice someone either.
Now let’s look at some more Bible verses about blessings from God to bless someone. I pray that these Bible verses about blessings might enlighten you.
Bible Verses from God to Bless Someone
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well (3 John 1:2).
When I read this verse, I could not help but think that this is a model of a real friend. I mean we all need friends like this! Friends that will pray that we will enjoy good health and get along well in life. Good health is something that we do not need to take for granted, but yet we seem to do that every single day. I just love the book of third John!
Okay! Let’s move on to another blessing prayer! This prayer came from our most loving Savior Jesus Christ!
Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world (John 17:24).
This Bible verse always seems to tug at my heartstrings! It continually reminds me that Jesus prayed prayers of blessings for me long before I ever even knew Him.
I hope you never forget how important these verses are! They should serve as a reminder that God loves you beyond measure! Please take these Bible verses about blessings to heart! I promise! You will not be the same if you do!
Obedience – Bible verses about blessings to bless someone examples
- “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, your healer.” (Exodus 15:26)
- “He will love you, bless you, and multiply you. He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground, your grain and your wine and your oil, the increase of your herds and the young of your flock, in the land that he swore to your fathers to give you.” (Deuteronomy 7:13)
- “For if you truly amend your ways and your deeds, if you truly execute justice one with another, if you do not oppress the sojourner, the father-less, or the widow, or shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not go after other gods to your own harm, then I will let you dwell in this place, in the land that I gave of old to your fathers forever…” (Jeremiah 7:5-7)
- “Thus says the LORD of hosts: If you will walk in my ways and keep my charge, then you shall rule my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you the right of access among those who are standing here. Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, you and your friends who sit before you, for they are men who are a sign: behold, I will bring my servant the Branch. For behold, on the stone that I have set before Joshua, on a single stone with seven eyes, I will engrave its inscription, declares the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of this land in a single day…” (Zechariah 3:7-9)
Bible verses about blessings
- “May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” (Psalm 20:4 NIV)
- “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19 NIV)
- “Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” (Psalm 34:8 NIV)
- “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” (2 Corinthians 13:14)
- “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” (Matthew 5:9 )
- “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters.” (Psalm 23:1-2)
- “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” (Proverbs 16:3)
- “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26)
- “If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.” (Deuteronomy 28:1)
- “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.” (Philemon 1:25)
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22-23)
- “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- “May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” (Psalm 20:4)
- “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7-8 NIV)
- “How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you.” (Psalm 31:19)
- “Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord.” (Proverbs 16:20)
- “A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” (Luke 6:45)
- “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” (Luke 6:27-28)
- “Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.” (Exodus 23:25)
- “For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.” (Deuteronomy 30:16)
Also read: BLESSING WORDS Inspirational God Bless Bible Quotes
Some blessings or prayers about God are “You Are God” and “St. Patrick’s Lorica.” In addition, “The Seven Blessings” are part of a traditional Jewish wedding ceremony. “The Seven Blessings” offer praise to God for a variety of his attributes.
St. Augustine wrote “You Are God.” The prayer says that God is a number of titles and qualities. Examples include the Christ, king, a shepherd and a helper. It goes on to say that God leads the country and provides wisdom and harmony. The prayer adds that God is the source of eternal salvation.
God has provided all that each person needs in life, St. Augustine’s prayer says. The prayer asks God not to fill people with bitterness but that rather that every good feeling in life is worthy of God’s praise. In closing, the prayer asks that the person offering the prayer consume his life with God.
“St Patrick’s Lorica” pledges loyalty to God. The poem thanks God for Christ’s death and resurrection as well as for the sun and the moon. The writer asks that God walk with him, within him and beside him. He asks God to stay both above and beneath him and in times of quiet as well as times of danger. The poem ends by praising God for the source of salvation.
Similarly, “The Seven Blessings” praises God for his command of the universe. The blessings say that God created everything for his glory and that God brings joy to his children. God created love and loving couples, the blessings say, and the blessings call for God’s joy to sound in Jerusalem.
This is Day 1 of the prayer to receive revelation from the Lord and direction for your life in the coming year. To begin this process we will start with a prayer to release you from the past and prepare you for the future.
God has so much in store for you. 1 Corinthians 2:9 “However, as it is written:“What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived — the things God has prepared for those who love Him” His plans for you are good plans to prosper you and give you hope and a future.
A lot of times we are unable to move forward and reach our fullest potential in the Lord because we have the chains of our past binding our
Prayer for Release from Past
ankles together and we harbor unforgiveness towards others and ourselves.
Read these scriptures and see what the Lord has to say about forgiving others.
“For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Heavenly Father will not forgive your sins.” Matthew 6:14-15.
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your Name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.” Matthew 6:9-13
Matthew 5:23, 24 tells us that when we come and bring our gifts before the Lord, and there we remember that we have something against our brother, we should first go and be reconciled with him and then return and offer our gifts. Then we have clean hearts.
If the Lord forgives us of our sins, then we should also forgive others if we are looking for His blessings to flow unhindered in our life. If the Lord forgives us then we should then forgive ourselves.
There is no need to walk around carrying guilt and condemnation about our past when Christ Himself has already released us from that burden. Let it go. Romans 8:1-2 “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.”
The following prayer is a prayer of forgiveness and repentance. If you would like to go much deeper with your confession of sins, here is a list that will help you uncover sins that may be hidden
Heavenly FatherI come to You now in the Name of my Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. I forgive ___(say the names of all the persons you need to forgive) for anything that they have ever done or said to me and my family, I bless them in Your Name of Jesus and I ask You to forgive me for holding on to this sin for so long. I ask that you give me the grace to move on from this with a spiritual release that only you can give. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Here is the prayer to forgive yourself:
Heavenly Father, I come to you asking you to forgive me for holding on to the sin that you have already forgiven. I pray you remove this guilt, shame and condemnation that is within my heart and mind concerning ______. I no longer want to carry that burden as your word in 1 Peter 5:7 says that I should cast my cares on You because you care of me. I also know based on 1 John 1:9 that You are faithful and just and will cleanse me from all my unrighteousness if I confess this sin to You. Lord, I release myself now from these sins as a sign of receiving your forgiveness. I bind up all demonic powers that would come to bring these accusing thoughts into my mind and I cast them into the abyss in Jesus Name. Lord I also ask that you would show me the people or places where I need to disassociate myself so that this not return to me. I trust in your cleansing blood Jesus to free my mind and my heart and know that it is indeed finished, In Jesus Name. Amen.
Spend today reflecting on the scriptures that you read here and meditating on Jesus’ forgiveness of your sins. There are times when want to forgive someone and it is very difficult and every time we think we have forgiven them everything comes back to us, in these times since we are willing and we are using our will to forgive we need to ask the Lord to forgive them through us. It is an activation of the Holy Spirit within you that works through you to forgive them. We are such flawed beings that sometimes forgiveness can only come if God will do it through us. If you choose, with your will to forgive, then you can ask the Lord to do the forgiveness through you because you are not able to do this in your own flesh. This will work every time. Try it and you will see.
Here is Day 2 of the Blessing Prayer – Prayer to Remove Curses
These prayers are a part of the Prophetic Words Prayer Series
Learn how to:
- Set Up A Telephone Prayer Lines for free
- How to build your Prayer Team
- Obstacles in Building A Prayer Ministry & how to overcome them
- How to Incorporate your Prayer Ministry
- How to Set Up your 501 c3 tax deductible Non Profit Organization