A Prayer Against Sadness
Peaceful, Loving Father, I humbly ask that you heal this ache in my heart, Oh Lord. Allow me to find that joy that I once knew. The sadness of my heart consumes me but I will not give in, for I am stronger than the mind games the devil tries to play on me.
Psalm 107:19-20 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses. He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
Psalms 30:2 O LORD my God, I cried unto you, and you has healed me.
I will not give up
Even though I am hurt and the pain lingers on each day, I will not give up, for the battle is already won. This sadness sickens my soul. These tears that hit my pillow at night longs to see happiness once more and I pray that You will open up a way for me.
Read: Prayer – Don’t Give Up
Psalms 118:17 I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.
Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you, yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.
Give me Strength
I need You, Lord, now more than ever. This sadness in my heart craves to find that wonderful joy only You can give and that peace that passes all understanding. My heart cries out to You. Give me strength, oh gentle Savior. In Jesus’ name, love, joy, peace and happiness will follow me wherever I go and this sadness within me will be destroyed, Amen and Amen!
Read: Prayer for Strength
Jeremiah 30:17 For I will restore health unto you, and I will heal you of your wounds, says the LORD; because they called you an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeks after.
1 Peter 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes you were healed.
Peaceful, Loving Father, I humbly ask that you heal this ache in my heart, Oh Lord. Click To Tweet
I’m a young Christian, from South Trinidad, seeking the wisdom of the Word and God’s blessings on my life. A journey, that’s just begun, but living to the Glory of God.
This section may contain major spoilers!
Please refrain from reading if you are not yet familiar with all the latest media released.
Cover of the first volume.
Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer (［新約］魔法少女おりこ☆マギカ～sadness prayer～, Mahō Shōjo Oriko Magika ~sadness prayer~, lit. “New Testament: Puella Magi Oriko Magica: Sadness Prayer”) is the fifth spin-off manga in the Puella Magi franchise, illustrated by Kuroe Mura. It is a prequel to the first installment of Puella Magi Oriko Magica, set before the events of Oriko Magica, but after the prologue, where Oriko sees Kriemhild Gretchen and Yuma.
Sadness Prayer was originally serialized in Manga Time Kirara Magica from November 8, 2013. So far, two collected volumes have been released, with volume 1 collecting chapters 1 – 7, and volume 2 collecting chapters 8 – 13. A third volume is set to be released October 31, 2017.
Volume 1 After becoming a magical girl, Oriko Mikuni befriends other magical girls at her school-and not always on initially positive terms! Complications arise when Oriko’s friends, unaware they both know Oriko, fight over a grief seed, leading to someone’s death…Volume 2 Oriko sees her use of Kiriko as an attack dog against other magical girls as a justifiable means to achieving a greater purpose—protecting the world from the destructive force of Walpurgisnacht. However, their arrangement has piqued the interest of another magical girl, who has her own reasons for wanting a magical killer like Kiriko at her beck and call…Will her savory offer sway Kiriko’s allegiance and leave Oriko herself open to attack?!Volume 3 With her power of foresight, Oriko Mikuni sees at the future of Mitakihara, using Kirika Kure to hunt other magical girls. What does Oriko want with the girls intertwined around Madoka…? Don’t miss the long-awaited third volume to the prequel series!
A prequel to Oriko Magica, expanding on the original characters and introducing several new ones. Sadness Prayer shows how Oriko and Kirika first met and teamed up, expands on Oriko’s family and school life, and expands on her and Kirika’s feelings on having to kill magical girls to fulfill their goals.
- Chapter 1: Is This Actually the Right Thing? (それが本当に正しいのか？, Sore ga hontō ni tadashī no ka?)
- Chapter 2: I Won’t Meet Up with That Girl (あの少女には出会えない, Ano shōjo ni wa deaenai)
- Chapter 3: Just Venting Some Frustration (ただのやつあたりだよ, Tada no yatsu atarida yo)
- Chapter 4: This is My Entire Purpose in Life (そのために今のわたしはある, Sono tame ni ima no watashi wa aru)
- Chapter 5: I’ll Do What Magical Girls Do (魔法少女ってのもやってやるわ, Mahō shōjo tte no mo yatte yaru wa)
- Chapter 6: Just This Once, I’ll Go All Out (一回くらいは頑張ってあげようかな, Ikkai kurai wa ganbatte ageyou kana)
- Chapter 7: Don’t Be Crushed Under the Weight of Sins (罪の重さに潰れてしまわないように, Tsumi no omosa ni tsuburete shimawanai yō ni)
- Chapter 8: I Feel Like I’ve Been Reborn (生まれ変わったようない気分なんだ, Umarekawatta yōnai kibun nanda)
- Chapter 9: This World’s End, Over and Over (わたしは繰り返す、この終末を, Watashi wa kurikaesu, kono shūmatsu o)
- Chapter 10: Was it Really That Time? (本当にあの時だったのかな, Hontō ni ano toki datta no kana)
- Chapter 11: I was Doing My Best to Be a Good Girl (こんなにいい子にしてるのに, Konna ni īko ni shiteru no ni)
- Chapter 12: You Really Don’t Wanna Know (そんなことは知らない方がいいよ, Sonna koto wa shiranai kata ga ī yo)
- Chapter 13: She is Fated to a Tragic End (彼女は罪惨な末路を遂げる, Kanojo wa tsumi mugo na matsuro o togeru)
See: Oriko Magica Characters
Collected volume changes
Sadness Prayer art of Kirika.
Sadness Prayer art of Komaki.
Sadness Prayer volume 1 bonus page.
Alternate Sadness Prayer volume 1 cover.
Bonus Oriko image.
Colour page of Oriko, Kirika, and Komaki, from volume 1.
Colour page of Komaki in her magical girl, from chapter 2.
Colour page of the new magical girls from volume 2.
Colour page of Sasa and Lina, from chapter 8.
Extra Kirika page from the end of volume 1.
A recurring background character.
- Official website for Puella Magi Oriko Magica (Japanese)
- Covers for Puella Magi Oriko Magica on official website. (Japanese)
- Official website Puella Magi Oriko Magica from Yen Press.
- Puella Magi Oriko Magica at TV Tropes.