Father, firstly I would like to thank You for always answering our prayers. You never abandon us and You always give us more than we deserve. Thank You for being who You are and thank You for dwelling in us.
Lord, I come to You today because I am heart-broken by the things I see happening in the nations today and I place my trust in You, my refuge and my fortress. I declare that the weapons of the enemy are disarmed and dismantled in the name of Jesus! I come against every principality, power and ruler of darkness in the name of Jesus! Father,thank You, for (Ps.33:12) “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,the people He has chosen as His own inheritance.” I’m claiming Your promise to us Lord, for You said (2 Chr:7:14) “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land. ”I declare that (Is.60:18) ”Violence shall no longer be heard in our land, neither wasting nor destruction within our borders; but we shall call our walls Salvation, and our gates Praise.”
I pray that Your people will see, hear and feel the way You do; that they would be heart-broken for what breaks Your heart and turn to You with all their heart, weeping, mourning, fasting and praying for revival in their land. I declare Shalom in this nation because You are the Lord that will give strength to Your people, and You are the Lord that will bless Your people with peace. Thank You, for Your promises are yeah and amen. Your word says (Ps.89:15-18) ”Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! They walk, O Lord, in the light of Your countenance. In Your name they rejoice all day long and in Your righteousness, they are exalted. For You are the glory of their strength and in Your favour, our horn is exalted. For our shield belongs to the Lord, and our king to the Holy One of Israel.”
Your word is true, Father and I trust in it. Thank You for what You have done, what You are doing and what You’re about to do. Thank You for changing the mindsets of the people in every nation and that Your perfect love will cast out every fear and replace it with faith in You, Jesus! I thank You for giving me a heart of compassion and for being my Intercessor, Advocate and my Comforter. I confess all these things to be done in Jesus’ mighty name! All the honor and glory belongs to You, God. I love You and I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that JESUS IS LORD over every nation because Jesus is the HOPE OF NATIONS!…..Amen.
1 Thessalonians 1:2 – “We give thanks to God always for you all,making mention of you in our prayers.”
Don’t be followers of men. IMITATE CHRIST! It’s only by his amazing grace we are saved and now is the accepted time. Accept the sacrifice he made for you and make him your Lord and Savior! HE LOVES YOU!
2018 NATIONAL PRAYER FOR AMERICA
Our Dear Heavenly Father, while we come to You in complete humility, we also come to You with boldness in the authoritative name of Your One and Only Son, Jesus Christ, who is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. In Jesus’ name, fill us now with Your Holy Spirit and lead us as we pray in Jesus’ name for America.
Oh God, we are burdened for our nation today. We turn from the sins that we have committed against your Word and your Name. We turn away from our contentious words and ways toward one another that has led us to division and polarization. We turn away from our disrespect and lack of dignity toward each other, and we turn away from our continual devaluation of all human life from the womb until death in this world. We also turn away from and refuse to participate in skepticism, criticism, and cynicism in our nation. We turn away from anything that divides us, and we run toward the gospel of Jesus Christ that is the only thing that has the power to unite us together.
Lord, in this critical hour in our nation, we pray for unity in America. Only You can bring unity, harmony, and oneness in America. As your Word calls us in Ephesians 4:3, “Making every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace”, we ask You to empower us to make every effort to live in unity, to call for unity, and to forward unity in America continually.
We pray for the churches in America to unify in Jesus Christ and to pray as one unified spiritual family for America. May Your Church pray for America passionately, perpetually, privately, and publicly.
We pray for God’s power to unify families, workplaces, communities, and cities in America. By Your Spirit, lead us to forgiveness, reconciliation, healing, and unity.
We pray for people of all ethnicities and races in America to come together as one, living in peace and unity together. Oh Lord, because each of us is created in Your image, please give us the courage to stand against all racial and ethnic division, denouncing it as evil and sinful, while simultaneously coming together in unity with all persons knowing this is God’s will for us.
We pray in unity for the security of our nation. We ask You to preserve the United States of America from the forces of evil that are threatening our lives and our future. God, please guard all persons in public and private settings from anyone or anything that desires to harm us or take our lives. Our future is in Your hands.
We agree clearly, unite visibly, and pray extraordinarily for the next Great Spiritual Awakening in America. Oh Lord, wake up Your church spiritually and convict Your people to agree clearly, unite visibly, and pray extraordinarily until the next Great Spiritual Awakening occurs in our generation.
Oh God, we stand together upon Your words in Psalm 133:1, “How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony.” Through Jesus’ name and by the Holy Spirit’s power, we pray for all Americans to unify and to live together in unity.
In the mighty and majestic name of Jesus Christ who is the Only Savior and the Only Hope in this world, we pray. Amen.
Dr. Ronnie Floyd
President, National Day of Prayer Task Force
Senior Pastor, Cross Church
“Nothing was more pressing than that the nations and multitudes who are marching to a Christless eternity should be saved. How I saw the agendas of men: so many and varied and all of such vital importance to them, but there was only one paramount agenda to God: The nations. I instantly realized that the entire task of the glorious triune God was completely and utterly devotedto this one supreme purpose for which Jesus had so freely given His life. All else was rather trivial in comparison and we all had majored on the trivial.” – Michael Howard
A few days ago most Americans were fixed on the television as they watched the inauggeration of a new president. It was quite a momentous occasion to say the least – Parades, dinners, ballroom dancing, speeches, prayers, and so much more. So many travelled for miles to watch the transference of power and to possibly get a quick glimpse of the new president as his car drove by. So much is at stake when we think of the nations and as we think of the transference of power on that one day. There were riots and protests with those who were opposed to the new presidency. I was struck afresh in my own heart about the desperate need to diligently pray daily for our nation.
As a young missionary I lived for years on a ship that sailed from nation to nation. Although it was not always easy at sea, it was perhaps one of the greatest privileges of my life. While at sea for days with our ship bobbing up and down in the vast and seemingly limitless ocean, it would be easy to feel low or even seasick. It was during those times that I found it was a prime opportunity to seek to see things from God’s point of view. Undistracted by the busyness of the usual routines, I was able to look at God’s world and take time to hear His heart of love for the nations. His heart is full of compassion for the world and the desperation of mankind.
What does this mean to us as intercessors and as a people who want to grow in prayer? Our focus should also include the world, the nations (especially our own), and the cities around us. We are the ones who can impact our nation through our prayers. I’ve heard it said that history belongs to the intercessors.
God is looking to and fro across this whole earth to find those whose hearts are as His heart, those who will intercede for the nations. Will you be one to stand in the gap for your nation? God is looking for intercessors (Isaiah 59:16). Will you let God lay a nation on your heart for the purpose of prayer? God wants to give us His passion for the world. A key to our authority is when our heartbeat aligns with the heartbeat of our Almighty God. He desires to use each one of us in a powerful way to touch our own nation. Let’s discipline our lives to include pray for our nation and other nations on a daily basis. But how can we do this?
How to Pray for Your Nation
“The only condition that is to give worldwide power to this Gospel is prayer, and the spread of this Gospel will depend on prayer. The energy that is to give it marvelous momentum and conquering power over all its malignant and powerful foes is the energy of prayer.” – E. M. Bounds
I encourage you to pray for your nation every day. As you grow in praying for your nation, let God burden your heart for different parts of the world. Ask Him to lay a burden on your heart for other nations, unreached people groups, and other regions of the world. You may want to pray for troubled areas of the world and people you hear about on the news – the refugees, earthquake victims, war-torn areas, and so on. God wants every one of us to open our eyes, enlarge our vision, and begin to pray for the needy world around us.
There are many ways to effectively pray. Some intercessors like to pray through prayer cards with prayer requests for different nations. Others like to pray over a large map of a country. Some like to use the book Operation World that has detailed requests for every nation. Each way is good, but the main thing is to begin. Adding countries into your prayer life develops your effectiveness in a powerful way. Your burden for the world grows, and you begin to see the world and life in a new way. Our own problems seem smaller when we focus on the needs of whole nations and people groups.
Here are several points of prayer for your nation with Bible verses to help you. During your time of prayer, God may have you focus strongly on one or on a few of these items. Be creative, be led by the Holy Spirit, and use the Scriptures in your prayers. Don’t think you have to pray through the whole list, but let God direct you by His Spirit. Here’s how:
- Thank God for how He is working in the nations –“How awesome is the Lord most High, the great King is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth! God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne” (Psalm 47:2, 8).
- Pray for unity in the body of Christ –“I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me” (John 17:23).
- Pray for revival among God’s people – “Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?” (Psalm 85:6).
- Pray for your governmental and spiritual leaders –“I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness” (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
- Pray that God’s people will walk in holiness and obedience –“Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God” (2 Corinthians 7:1).
- Pray for the fear of the Lord in your land – “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge” (Proverbs 1:7).
- Pray for God to send His workers into the harvest field – “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age” (Matthew 28:19-20).
- Pray that the Church will reach out to the poor, needy and imprisoned –“Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering” (Hebrews 13:3).
- Pray for the salvation of the lost –“And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Acts 2:21).
- Pray that God will use children and youth mightily for His glory – “At that time Jesus said, ‘I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children’” (Matthew 11:25).
- Pray for just laws and righteous moral standards –“Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people” (Proverbs 14:34).
- Pray that the Word of God will be given its rightful place –“Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them” (Psalm 119:129).
- Pray that Houses of Prayer and worship will start in every major city in your nation – “These will I bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations” (Isaiah 56:7).
- Pray that God’s people will know how to effectively wage spiritual warfare – “Finally be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes”(Ephesians 6:10-11).
- Pray the promises of God in His Word over the nations – “The nations will fear the name of the Lord, all the kings of the earth will revere your glory” (Psalm 102:15).
Praying for the nations has rewards that will endure throughout all eternity. This may be one of the most strategic things we ever do. One day we will worship God around the throne in heaven with people from every tribe and tongue and nation (Revelation 5:9). We will then realize the value of every prayer we prayed for a nation while we were on the earth. Are you willing today to pray daily for your nation? Are you willing to invest your time in a task that is so rewarding?
11 Breakthrough Prayers to Empower Your Life in 2017!“While I am very excited about what is happening, yet as an intercessor, I can never forget that over half of the world’s population has never heard of Jesus. The task ahead is still enormous. As darkness covers the earth in the last days and darkens the people, the glory of the Lord will shine brighter and brighter in the face of a people who love Him absolutely and uncomprisingly. In this way, the whole world will know that there is a God who reigns in the Heavens and man will be left without excuse on the day of Christ’s appearing. The Spirit is still heralding a call for watchmen to join the great choir of intercessors.” Michael Howard
Together in the Harvest,
Intercessors Arise International
International House of Prayer Kansas City (IHOPKC)