Don’t let “Newly Married” in its title prevent you from giving this attractive book to a couple on their first or fifth anniversary. Not only does the book’s square, hardcover format and reasonable price make it an ideal gift, but it also has prayers to last for a lifetime of marriage.
The small volume is not limited to prayers, either, although it certainly ought to foster a couple’s conversation with God. Each “prayer” consists of two or three reflective paragraphs, a few verses from Scripture and an original prayer. Prayers, in plain English that might influence a couple to pray similarly on their own, are arranged by theme: daily life, sexual love, families and friends, children and special anniversaries.
Author Kathleen Finley has been married more than 30 years and has written numerous books, including some with her husband.
About the reviewer
Mary Ann Paulukonis is an artist, writer and consultant for marriage and family ministry.
Disclaimer: Book reviews do not imply and are not to be used as official endorsement by the USCCB of the work or those associated with the work. Book reviews are solely intended as a resource regarding publications that might be of interest to For Your Marriage visitors.
Wedding Wishes : Sometimes our words fall short to congratulate the newlyweds and wish them a happy married life. Most often we simply can’t find how to express our well-wishes for the just married couple and choose to general or old-fashioned words which could probably don’t feel good all the time. So that, here we gather some best wedding wishes and wedding congratulations messages which are fantastic and appropriate. Read these wedding wishes to get the right idea and make your wedding congratulations messages more appealing to the bride and groom. Get a unique way to send wedding messages to the just married couple and wishing a happy married life also you may send “Happy Honeymoon Wishes“. Let’s browse to get the best happy wedding wishes messages for a couple and share in a card, note, Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter or any other way you like!
Wedding Wishes For Newly Wed
You are going to start a new chapter in life. Marriage is all about tied one another with love. I am wishing you a very happy conjugal life. Happy wedding! Be happy together forever.
Marriage is the connection of two souls. The Conjunction of two hearts only acquires by the true love. My dear, wishing you a cute married life!
Dear newlyweds! I am so much glad because I get to enjoy your wedding! How sweet pair you are! All the best wishes are for you two. Keep smiling!
May the bloom of God’s blessings color your wedding with fruitfulness and conjugal peace. Happy Wedlock!
The time flies and things change, but I wish that your love for each other would stay unchangeable.
May you have the wedding of your dreams and the happiest of marriages! Lots of love today and beyond!
For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health – You make a great couple! Wishing you a long and happy marriage.
May love, harmony and understanding be aims of your marriage union! Wishing you the best today and always.
May the hope and dream of your marriage bloom like a beautiful sunflower. Wishing you lots of love and happiness!
Weddings pass in just a day, leaving happy memories which last a lifetime. Enjoy yourselves!
You’ve just got married, but I’m already looking forward to seeing your pretty kids. Happy wishes to dear newlywed!
Let love be the focal point of your daily life. May you find hope, peace, faith, and love in each other’s arms.
Explore More : Funny Wedding Wishes
A young family is always full of planes and dreams and I wish that they would come true. Best of luck!
May you have the strength to tackle trouble, the softness to hold good fortune, and the wisdom to tell the difference.
Happy Wedding Wishes For Couple
You are the sweetest couple I have ever seen! You two deserve the best things in the world. Keep happy with each other. Happy wedding!
Marriage is the gift of Almighty. I hope you two will find the peace and happiness in life. May God bless you. Happy wedding, my dear! Wishing you two a very happy and blessed married life!
The relation of husband-wife is the most beautiful relationship of the world. It’s the relation by which two different people turn into one entity for the lifetime. Best wishes to you too. Happy wedding!
Today’s moment becomes tomorrow’s memory. Here’s to today and all your tomorrows, as you create a lifetime of happy memories together. Congratulations!
I believe that world exists only due to love and loving people. And you’re the most beautiful example of it. Have a happy wedding!
I can finally start calling you ‘the old ball and chain’! However, I’ll wait until tomorrow to start making fun of you. For now, let’s all celebrate your wedding day! All the best.
Here’s a cheer for that bride and groom, from everyone around the room. Let’s celebrate your special day, and happiness that’s here to stay.
Here’s to a great wedding day, wedding night and an even better life together. All the best for a future filled with love and good fortune.
As you see your family and friends gather to you, know that you are loved not only by your new spouse but the entire world on this day.
My biggest wish for you on your wedding day is that during your life-long marriage, you will have the opportunity to experience the most beautiful and magical moments in life!
You May Like : Wedding Wishes For Friend
Best Wishes For Wedding Day
Oh, my dear! It’s your wedding ceremony! You have no idea how much happy I am now! The wedding of you two just makes me dance in my mind. I am wishing the best for your Wedding day!
You two are the lovebirds, the love and affection between your pair make me so happy. Take the best care of each other. You two deserve the best wishes! Happy Wedding Day!
Marriage is the holy relation. You two just entered into the new stage of life. I hope you will find all happiness and joys of life. Best wishes to you. Happy wedding day!
You both are irreplaceable to each other, and you should keep it that way, good luck on being husband and wife!
Best wishes for a wonderful wedding celebration, with love and prayers for today and the future. Both of you’re awesome!
A few words of wisdom on your wedding day. The secret to a happy marriage is, well, nobody really knows because it’s different for everyone. The main thing is to love each other and stay young together.
All I wanted to say is good luck on your marriage, never leave each other on your downs, because at those you truly need each other.
Best wishes on your wedding day, for happiness that’s here to stay. Husband and wife, lovers and friends, you’ll love each other until the end.
True love stories never end! Happy wedding day and may there be many more chapters in the wonderful story of your love for one another.
May your marriage be filled with all the right ingredients: a heap of love, a dash of humor, a touch of romance, and a spoonful of understanding. May your joy last forever. Congratulations!
Also Visit : Best Engagement Wishes
We’re so excited that your big day is finally here! Now you can finally relax and enjoy the day when all your wedding plans come to life. Congratulations and all the best for your future together.
Sending you the warmest wishes as you build your new lives together. May the light of your love always glow upon your marriage!
Wedding Congratulations Messages
The desire of you two finally comes into true. Let your marriage be stable till the last day of your life. Heartily Congratulations on your wedding!
Wonderful newlyweds, you are the sweetest couple I have ever seen! I wish all the happiness comes to you. The warmest Congratulations on the wedding!
Congratulations on the happy day! It’s your wedding ceremony! I wish Almighty always keep you in his blessings. And wishing that you will spend a lot of happy years together!
Our Lord must have chosen two of his best angels to be together forever. Congratulations on your wedding day!
Nothing can be better than starting your own family. Appreciate and honor it your whole life. Congratulations on the wedding!
May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy. Congratulations to a couple whose match truly seems made in heaven!
From now on you will never be alone, you will always have someone by your side, and you will always be loved no matter what, congratulations on your special day!
Congratulations on finding each other! Your greatest adventure has just begun. Lots of love today and beyond!
Like a lighthouse on a dark night, may your love for one another always shine brightly. Congratulations on your wedding day.
With warm congratulations to a very special pair. May you always find in each other the love, laughter, and happiness that only partners in life share!
Explore More : Islamic Wedding Wishes
You are two beautiful people, now teamed as a man and a wife. Congratulations on tying the knot! Take a moment to enjoy all the special memories that you both will remember for the rest of your lives.
Congratulations to you both on your very special day! May your wedding be filled with special memories you can treasure forever.
Happy Married Life Wishes
My dear, you just entered into the amazing stage of life. The life of happiness has begun! Happy wedding! May your life together be filled with a lot of unforgettable moments! Be happy and keep happy!
It’s your journey to the new road of life. May God bless you. I wish, you together will find all the colors of happiness of life. The endless peace and joys are waiting for you two. Happy wedding!
Marriage is not only about the craziness and joys. It’s about the liabilities and responsibilities. So, make yourself prepare to protect your family peace. Wishing you never-ending love and happiness! Happy Conjugal life!
Wishing that you keep falling in love with each other again and again, Have the most wonderful married life!
Married life is a true blessing and one of life’s finest gifts. Congratulations and best wishes for the future!
Wonderful newlyweds, you’re the fines couple I’ve ever seen and I’m sure you deserve a happy marriage life. Many happy returns for the wedding!
Now and forever, may your wonderful family never encounter grief and sorrow. Have a spectacular life together!
As you enter this new life as one, may peace, love and strength of two become one to nourish and nurture your marital life to fruitfulness.
Hope you will have a long and happy life together. Always treat each other better than you want to be treated.
Never neglect love and it will save you when the chips are down. Wish you an incredible family life.
A wedding wish for two special people: love is best when shared by two. You know that together you are stronger, together you are one. Have a wonderful married life!
Read More : Honeymoon Wishes and Messages
We hope you have enjoyed this wedding wishes messages and happy married life wishes to congratulate a newlywed couple which is too cute to bring a smile and feels them so special. Send inspiring and encouraging marriage wishes to your friend couples on their big day who decided to tie the knot.
Prayer is one of the primary aspects that hold a marriage and family together. Many traditions surround Catholic prayer. Asking for God’s blessing is just one of the ways you can celebrate your relationship. Here is a look at some of the best Catholic prayers for married couples.
O Jesus, lover of the young, the dearest Friend I have, in all confidence I open my heart to You to beg Your light and assistance in the important task of planning my future. Give me the light of Your grace, that I may decide wisely concerning the person who is to be my partner through life. Dearest Jesus, send me such a one whom in Your divine wisdom You judge best suited to be united with me in marriage. May her/his character reflect some of the traits of Your own Sacred Heart. May s/he be upright, loyal, pure, sincere and noble, so that with united efforts and with pure and unselfish love we both may strive to perfect ourselves in soul and body, as well as the children it may please You to entrust to our care. Bless our friendship before marriage, that sin may have no part in it. May our mutual love bind us so closely, that our future home may ever be most like Your own at Nazareth.
O Mary Immaculate, sweet Mother of the young, to your special care I entrust the decision I am to make as to my future wife/husband. You are my guiding Star! Direct me to the person with whom I can best cooperate in doing God’s Holy Will, with whom I can live in peace, love and harmony in this life, and attain to eternal joys in the next.
(on this happy day)
we thank you for the joy of N. and N.
Through all the years of their life
you have watched over them
to bring them together in holy Christian marriage.
Now Lord, bless them,
for they are united in love of you and of each other.
Redeemed by your Precious Blood
and strengthened by your grace,
may they live in kindness and fidelity,
in unfailing trust and love
so that their whole life may be pleasing to you.
Mary, who with Joseph
made a happy home at Nazareth for Jesus,
take these dear friends into your motherly care.
You who showed concern for a newly married couple at Cana,
help and guide N. and N.
May their union on earth lead to that eternal union
in which all the blessed will be joined together,
praising the Redeeming Blood of Jesus, the Lord.
I offer you this prayer, to help me with my current relationship situation. Please take away all the pain and hurt in my heart. Fill it with love, joy, patience, and understanding. Bless me and my partner, so that we may never surrender to whatever challenges that come our way. Fill our hearts with love for each other, and may you make each one of us realize each other’s worth. Please touch the heart of my partner,fill it with much love for me. Make our complicated relationship become uncomplicated. I seek for your mercy and blessing that you may allow us to spend the rest of our lives with each other. Please make this feeling mutual for both of us. Lead us not into temptations. Guide us wherever we go. Always put us in each other’s heart and mind. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer. I love you. Amen.
We know that all of us need God’s blessing at all times; but at the time of their engagement to be married, Christians are in particular need of grace as they prepare themselves to form a new family.
Let us pray, then, for God’s blessing to come upon this couple: that as they await the day of their wedding, they will grow in mutual respect and in their love for one another; that through their companionship and prayer together they will prepare themselves rightly and chastely for marriage.
Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge; I say to the Lord, “My God are you. Apart from you I have no good.” I bless the Lord who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me. I set the Lord ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices, my body abides in confidence.
You, O Lord, will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever.
We have gathered here to celebrate the love of N. and N. God has brought them together, and we pray that God will hold them in his love always. As the food we share will strengthen our bodies, may our time together strengthen the love that binds us.
Let us pray. Lord God, you sustain all creatures and never cease to give your children the food they need. We bless you for bringing us together in the love that unites us around this table where the food we take strengthens our bodies. We pray that, nourished by your Word, we may grow ever stronger in faith as we strive for the coming of your Kingdom. We ask this through Christ our Lord.
We have come together to celebrate the anniversary of the marriage of our brother and sister. As we join them in their joy, we join them also in their gratitude. God has set them among us as a sign of his love and through the years they have remained faithful (and have fulfilled their responsibilities as parents). Let us give thanks for all the favors N. and N. have received during their married life. May God keep them in their love for each other, so that they may be more and more of one mind and one heart.
I give thanks to my God always on your account for the grace of God bestowed on you in Christ Jesus, that in him you were enriched in every way, with all discourse and all knowledge, as the testimony to Christ was confirmed among you, so that you are not lacking in any spiritual gift as you wait for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ. He will keep you firm to the end, irreproachable on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, and by him you were called to fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Almighty and eternal God, you have so exalted the unbreakable bond of marriage that it has become the sacramental sign of your Son’s union with the Church as his spouse. Look with favor on N. and N., whom you have united in marriage, as they ask for your help and the protection of the Virgin Mary. They pray that in good times and in bad they will grow in love for each other; that they will resolve to be of one heart in the bond of peace.
Lord, in their struggles let them rejoice that you are near to help them; in their needs let them know that you are there to rescue them; in their joys let them see that you are the source and completion of every happiness. We ask this through Christ our Lord.
O God, we want to live our life together with you and always to continue it with you. Help us never to hurt and never to grieve each other. Help us to share all our works, all our hopes, all our dreams, all our successes, all our failures, all our joys and all our sorrows. Help us to have no secrets from each other so that we may be truly one. Keep us always true to each other, and grant that all the years ahead may draw us ever closer to each other. Grant that nothing may ever come between us and nothing may ever make us ever drift apart. And as we live with each other, help us to live with you, so that our love may grow perfect in your love, for you are the God whose name is love. This we ask for your love’s sake. Amen
Here is an excerpt from a Catholic Marriage prep class. Presented by Marriage Ministries, this segment covers the topic of couple prayer.
A wedding is a time to share some of life’s sweetest moments. Wedding days are the best for sharing thoughts and advise with friends and family who are embarking on a new part of life together, and, wedding wishes are those small sentimental thoughts we all share that can be the most cherished presents to give to our loved ones on their special day.
On anyone’s wedding day these wedding wishes , just like the content of perfect greeting cards, can bring feelings of love, moments of laughter, and tears of joy to the special couple. Make memories that will last a lifetime by giving thoughtful gifts of perfect wedding wishes that will make any wedding a memorable event for years to come.
- As you both grow old together, I hope and pray that your love will grow along with the years. Congrats on your marriage.
- You two are like salt and pepper. Beautifully different but gorgeous together. Congratulations on your wedding day!
- Years from now, don’t argue about he said and she said- at the end of the day, you both said Yes! Happy wedding day to a special couple.
- May your bond last forever and your love be the pen that writes your story. Happy wedding day. You two are the best!
- Like colors of the rainbow, you two are better when you’re together-Happy wedding day!
- May your last days together be as special as your first few days as a married couple- enjoy the honeymoon you two. Happy wedding day!
- I thought that there was no hope in the love game, but then you both met. Now I can say that the hunters have met their match-looks like you two have been hunted and stabbed with love arrows. Congrats on your marriage.
Wishing that every day in your marriage is as happy and joyful for you both as this one. Happy wedding day!
- Wishing that every day in your marriage is as happy and joyful for you both as this one. Happy wedding day!
- They say that family is forever. So that means you two are forever because your love has made a bond that makes you family. Congrats on your wedding day!
- On your wedding day, let me share a quote from a famous film: “One may be like an apple and the other an orange, but in the end, they are both a fruit” –My Big Fat Greek Wedding- you two may be different but your love is all the same. Congrats to the bride and groom!
- If the grass is really greener where you water it, then you’re marriage is going to be a field of beautiful years together. Always look for the best in each other. Congrats to a stunning bride with an amazing groom.
Congrats on your marriage
- For you two I wish that your years be filled with love and laughter and that your story will have an ending of a happy ‘ever-after.’ Congrats!
- The years will go by faster than you can imagine, but fortunately, your love is truly timeless. Congratulations on your wedding day!
- Some couples fight about money- but when you have each other you are rich in every way. Make every day count by remembering to cherish what you both have together. Congrats on your marriage and may it last forever.
- May the stresses and responsibilities of life never weaken your commitment to living-and may your love hold you up when life knocks you down. Happy wedding day.
Like colors of the rainbow, you two are better when you’re together
- You two are the best couple I know- if it snowed on your wedding day, I’m certain your love for each other would make snowflakes fly. Congrats!
- A wedding day is one to be remembered for a lifetime. I hope yours is as special today as your marriage will be for years to come. Congratulations to a very special couple.
- Like the diamonds you wear on your wedding rings, may your love for each other continue to sparkle and shine forever. Happy wedding day.
- If it weren’t for you two, I would have given up on love. One day I hope to find the kind of love you both share. Have an amazing wedding day!
Hoping you two have a beautiful life and an endless love story. Congrats on your wedding day!
- This day calls for a timeless celebration. So let’s party!
- Champagne, wine glasses, and a beautiful couple-this is all you need for a great wedding celebration. Hope it’s all that you wished for. Congrats!
- Keep on living, loving and laughing together- it’s the secret to a great marriage. Happy wedding day!
- My warmest wishes to a lovely couple. Congrats!
- May your friendship strengthen through the years and your love grow bigger each day- Happy wedding day!
- Feeling so much joy for you two as you unite two lives into one. Congrats.
- Sincerest and happiest wishes on your wedding day.
- Wishing you both joy, love and peace in your lives and marriage.
- I’m thrilled to be able to share this day with you two- Congrats on your marriage!
- Hoping this special day is filled with the light of love, the joy of fulfillment and the blessing of true happiness. Congrats on your wedding.
- Watching you two get married is like watching a beautiful sunrise. God bless the road ahead of you. Congrats.
- Hoping you two have a beautiful life and an endless love story. Congrats on your wedding day!
A warm congratulations to a perfect couple.
- A warm congratulations to a perfect couple. May life treat you as well as you really deserve it.
- Romeo, Juliet, Cleopatra and Antony, don’t compare to the love you will share for eternity. Congrats on your marriage.
- His tuxedo may be black and her dress is white, but your love shows that all of life’s colors are more beautiful together. Congrats.
- Life itself is a special event- and this day on your wedding is a rare occasion to embrace forever. Hope it’s all you imagined and more. Congrats.
- You may not be perfect individuals, but together you are pretty close. Happy wedding day you two!
- When two great people get married there lives become extraordinary. Happy wedding day.
- Life’s road can be difficult, but together you will make it to beautiful destinations. Congrats.
- A toast to a beautiful couple- you two deserve the happiest days that life can offer. Congratulations on your wedding day!
You may also like:
Wedding Anniversary Wishes
Inspirational Life Quotes for a Better Tomorrow
50 Priceless Famous Quotes
Share a birthday wish and spread the words of Happy Birthday Messages.