On this page you’ll find a list of prayers and verses for protection at work and home. Prayers to keep you safe and protect you from evil and enemies stand in your way.
Unless we avail ourselves within the protective arms of our God, we leave ourselves vulnerable to the attacks of the evil one. We must be diligent in reading God’s word, and ask Him to watch over and protect us individually, as well as His children. When you pray for yourself, pray for those you love, those you have never met, and even those who have hurt you in some way.
Let it be known that with God, all things are possible. Not some things, ALL things. When we feel afraid in life, ask for His protection and safety. Our Father does not desert His children. These prayers of protection are offered as a way to preempt those attacks and keep oneself and one’s loved ones under the protection of God at all times.
If the need for protection whether in your own life, or in the life of someone you love is present, let us pray for you at the holiest place on earth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. We have faith that sending your prayer to the place where our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life for us will help your request be granted! It is our honor and privilege to be a part of your prayer warrior, and to ask the Lord to watch over you, protect you, and keep you, always.
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior; thou saved me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
2 Samuel 22:3-4
Table of contents
- 1 Prayer for Protection from Illness
- 2 Prayer for Divine Protection
- 3 Prayer for Protection Through Life’s Journey
- 4 Prayer for Protection While Traveling
- 5 Prayer for Protection Over Your Family
- 6 Prayer for Personal Protection
- 7 Verses:
- 8 The Battle Prayer
- 9 Prayer Points for Protection
- 10 Prayer for Protection
- 11 Prayer for Protection for A Friend
- 12 Blessing of Protection
- 13 Prayer for Blessings and Protection
- 14 God, Please Protect My Family
- 15 Prayer for Protection for Me and My Family
- 16 God’s Guidance and Protection
- 17 Prayer for Protection From Evil At Work
- 18 Prayer for Protection Against My Enemies
Prayer for Protection from Illness
Heavenly Father, I adore you and I love you with all my heart and soul. I thank you for having created me, and for watching over me in all that I do, every single day. Pardon me for my sins. I ask that you watch over me while I rest and recover from illness. Please protect my body, and help me heal from this sickness that weakens me. May your unending grace be with me forever and ever. I trust in all that You do, and all that You are.
Prayer for Divine Protection
Grant me, O Lord, your protection. Within your protection, strength. And within your strength, understanding. And within your understanding, knowledge. And within your knowledge, the power of justice. And within the power of justice, the love of all of Creation. Guide and protect my body, my mind, and my best judgment in all things. For you, O Lord, will never leave my side. In this I trust. Amen.
Prayer for Protection Through Life’s Journey
In the name of God I move forth through life’s journey. May God the Father always be with me, God the Son protect and watch over me, and God the Holy Ghost to stand by my side as I travel through the life you have given me. Amen
Prayer for Protection While Traveling
I ask that God’s Angels guard and keep you. As you travel, may you remain safe and secure, with His presence known to you at all times. May He watch over you as you leave home, wandering and maneuvering in other parts of God’s great earth. You are not alone. For He is always with you. Amen.
Prayer for Protection Over Your Family
Heavenly Father, I pray for your emotional, physical, and spiritual protection over my family and loved ones. I ask You to keep evil far away from them, and to help them to trust You as their refuge and strength in all things, without ceasing. I pray You will guard their minds from harmful instruction and sinful ways, and to grant them discernment to recognize the truth. I pray that You will make them strong and if they find themselves amist danger, recognizing that You have overcome and will set right all injustice and wrong. Please help them to find rest in your shadow, and through your everlasting embrace, as they live in the spiritual shelter You provide for them. Let them know that the only safe place is in beside their Heavenly Father, and that their home on earth is only temporary.
Prayer for Personal Protection
Oh Heavenly Father, I come to You today, bowing my head and opening my heart, asking for protection from all the evil this world holds. Lord, we are assailed moment by moment with images on television, the internet, books and newspapers that leave us vulnerable to sin of every kind, every single day. Surround us with your divine hedge of unbreakable protection. Encompass us round about with your strength and your glorious might. Let all who take refuge in You be happy and feel safe. Please shelter us, Heavenly Father, that those who love your name may exalt in You. For it is You who blesses the righteous man and those who give their lives to You.
“And Moses said to the people, ‘Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever. The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.” Exodus 14:13-14
“A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.” Psalm 91:7
“We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.” 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
I have another real good story to pass onto to all of you – once more showing the power of intercessory prayer and how God will not only answer prayer, but sometimes very quickly like He did in this story!
This story happened several years ago with a woman who I used to work with. She called me up one day and said her husband had been under a lot of pressure at work and that it was really starting to get to him.
He works for big airline company and had been employed with them for a long time. He was only 5 months away from retiring, so he did not want to quit with what was going on. He was one of the foremen in the department he was working in.
To make a long story short, this company had hired a guy about 6 months ago to basically be a headhunter and hatchet man. This new man had a very demeaning attitude towards those who were working under him. He acted just like a drill sergeant would if you were in the marines. He was calling his employees all kinds of demeaning names, constantly ridiculing and harassing them, and making their lives at work completely miserable.
My friend’s husband was working on this man’s shift and he was her husband’s direct boss. After about 6 months of working under this kind of severe demeaning dictatorship, my friend said it was really starting to get to her husband and that he could not take much more of it.
Her husband is a good Christian man, but he did not have much knowledge on the real power of prayer, or how to engage with an enemy by going on the offensive against it operating under God’s anointing.
I had immediate leading from the Holy Spirit to give her the following advice.
- Since her husband really did not have much knowledge on spiritual warfare, I told her that she could stand in the gap on his behalf and go directly to God the Father to handle this bad situation for them. I told her with her being his wife, that there was a real good chance that God would honor her prayer on his behalf and that He may just move very mightily to completely take care of this adverse situation.
- I told her to do 2 things. I told her to Plead the Blood against this drill sergeant and any demons who may be operating behind the scenes influencing this man to act like he was doing. I then told her to Plead the Blood with the intentions of stopping any further demeaning attacks coming against her husband from this man.
- I then told her to ask God to take complete care of this situation and for Him to bring complete and total deliverance to her husband from this man. I told her to tell God that her husband could no longer take it anymore, that you were standing in the gap on his behalf, and that you are asking Him to bring complete and total deliverance to him so that he would not quit or possibly get fired from his job by this man.
She went ahead that night and Pleaded the Blood of Jesus and petitioned God the Father with the above request. This prayer was done on a Tuesday night.
The next day – Wednesday – her husband went into work on the regular 8-5 shift that he was working. You won’t believe what happened next when he walked into work that morning!
As soon as he arrived, one of his other bosses called him in to speak with him in private. This other boss told her husband that this drill sergeant that this company had just hired was indeed a hatchet man, and that they had hired him to get rid of some of the dead wood in the place. This drill sergeant was getting ready to fire 6 people on her husband’s shift.
His boss then told him that he was not on the list to get fired – yet! He told my friend’s husband that this drill sergeant did not like him and that he was just looking for a good excuse to also fire him along with the other six people that were definitely going to get fired.
He then proceeds to tell my friend’s husband that he considers him to be a keeper, that he has always been a real good worker for the company, and that they did not want to lose him due to the fanatical whims of this drill sergeant.
So in order to protect him from this hatchet man, they tell him that they are going to transfer him to the third shift, which is the night shift.
This meant that he would no longer be under this man’s dictatorship and that he would be completely set free from him. He would now be working under a completely new and different boss.
My friend said she just about fell over when her husband came home that afternoon and told her about what had just happened.
She had just Pleaded the Blood of Jesus and asked God to take care of this situation the night before – and God literally moved in the space of about 12 hours to completely set her husband free from this man!
What are the odds of all of this happening in just 12 hours after she went on the offensive with the type of battle prayer I drew up for her below? Coincidence? I seriously doubt it!
Just more proof that not only does God answer prayer – but sometimes He can move very quickly like He did in this story. This story is another one to add to our ever-growing list on the power of Pleading the Blood of Jesus and engaging with an enemy head on when we are forced to do so.
Prayer warfare will work if you are willing to step into the arena with God and take your enemy head on like my friend did on her husband’s behalf since her husband did not know how to do this for himself.
This story also shows the power of intercessory prayer – that we can stand in the gap for someone else and pray to God for their deliverance.
I really believe that God loves it when we move into intercessory prayer on behalf of someone else. I think the reason He likes it so much is due to the fact that we are praying for someone else, not for ourselves! Intercessory prayer is a completely unselfish type of prayer since you are not praying to God for your wants and needs. You are praying for someone else’s need. This fact right here is why I believe God will sometimes answer intercessory prayer for someone else very quickly and very powerfully like He did on this story.
The other positive thing about the above story is that it really elevated my friend’s faith in the Lord. It showed her that God could answer one of her prayers – especially if she is standing in the gap for someone else and praying to God for their deliverance.
When you see God move to answer a prayer so quickly and so supernaturally like He did in this case, it makes you want to try it again with Him!
I will let you know if any more good stories like this come in. The above story is just another good faith-booster showing all of us how active God can really get when we properly approach Him with our prayer requests, and are willing to take an enemy head on by Pleading the Blood of Jesus directly against that enemy. I will end this article with the Battle Prayer that I gave to her to set her husband completely free from this adverse situation at work.
The Battle Prayer
Here was the battle prayer I gave her to war against this adverse situation at her husband’s place of work. Notice that she will Plead the Blood of Jesus directly against this foremen, directly against his verbal attacks, and directly against any demons who may be operating behind the scenes influencing this foreman to act like he was acting. I then had her Plead the Blood of Jesus as a bloodline around her husband in order to prevent any more attacks from coming his way.
In the name of Jesus, I now come boldly before Your throne to stand in the gap for my husband. As I know You already know, he has been under severe attack at work from a new foreman who seems to want to get him fired. My husband is only 5 months away from being able to retire and there is no way that he can quit his job at this time
Father, in the name of Jesus, I now ask that You take this battle up for my husband and that You bring complete and total deliverance to him from this new foreman who has been unjustly harassing him.
Father, in the name of Jesus, I now Plead the Blood of Jesus directly against this foreman. I now Plead the Blood of Jesus against all of his verbal attacks against my husband.
If there are any demons influencing this foreman to harass my husband, I now Plead the Blood of Jesus against each and every demon that is operating behind the scenes causing this to happen. Demons, go now, in the name of Jesus Christ! I repeat, go now in the name of Jesus Christ!
Father, in the name of Jesus, I now Plead the Blood of Jesus as a Bloodline around my husband. Father, from this moment on, I believe this Bloodline will now protect my husband from any further attacks from this foreman.
Father, I now ask that You move as quickly as You possibly can to end this harassing situation with my husband, and ask that You bring complete and total deliverance to this adverse situation.
Father, I have full faith and belief that the Blood of Your Son Jesus will now protect my husband from any further attacks from this man, and that You will now move in the time frame You so desire to set my husband completely free from this man.
Thank You Father.
Thank You Jesus.
Thank You Holy Spirit.”
In all that swirls around us today, from top headline news stories to the day to day struggles, I’m aware, more than ever – we’re in a battle in this life. We face an active enemy every single day that we’re here breathing air. We may not see it, we might forget, it’s easy to lose focus, and get distracted on all that doesn’t really matter.
But the truth is, spiritual forces are still at work.
Every wise soldier knows he must do one thing. To get him through the battle. To take him into tomorrow.
Know who the enemy is.
Unless we know who the real enemy is and how he operates, chances are, we will not win. We must know his schemes, understand his battle tactics, know his weaknesses and his strengths. We must know what he looks like, and how he disguises himself. We must live aware.
The same is true in life. Yet sometimes we forget. Often in the day to day of life routines, we lose sight of who the enemy really is. And we start fighting one another, even turning against our own team. Divided families, separated friendships, split churches – we lose power and effectiveness when we fight against ourselves. And nothing could make the Satan happier than to see us at war with each other.
Other times, we assume we’re fighting the right battles, against opposing forces, but our focus gets blurred. We wrestle and struggle with those that disagree with our beliefs, values, or what we stand for. We spin our wheels, wearying ourselves with critical words and judgmental tones. And in it all, with energy zapped, and more anger than love, we miss it.
God’s Word reminds us,
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms”
There’s one who lurks around us today. He’s real. He’s alive. He’s deceptive. He’s crafty. And his primary goal is to strike you down, along with as many others he can drag down with you. He waits. He searches. He watches. Looking for the best time to attack, at your weakest, most vulnerable moment.
Satan is the real foe we face. And he’s not just some guy in a red suit, pitchfork in hand. Don’t be fooled. He’s far more deceptive.
He wants you to fail; he wants you to quit; he wants to render you completely ineffective. His main goal is to steal, kill, and destroy.
He seeks to gain ground today in as many lives as he can, and in every corner of our world, for he knows his time is limited.
But we don’t have to let him win.
God has much to say about his devious schemes. And though he never tells us to be afraid, he does tell us to be on guard and to live aware.
2 Corinthians 2:10-11
, Paul reminds believers to forgive those who have wronged them, “in order that Satan might not outwit (take advantage of) us. For we are not unaware (ignorant, uninformed) of his schemes (evil purpose, thoughts, plans).”
God has a plan for our lives. The enemy has a plan for us too. We have to determine which voice we’re going to listen to, and who we will choose to follow.
What the enemy looks like and how he works – 10 things:
- He is a liar. A twister of the Truth. From the beginning of time, he has hissed lies our way, twisting God’s word to bring doubt and disbelief. (John 8:44, Genesis 3:1)
- He is a deceiver. He will seek to bring confusion and lead many astray, he is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. (Revelation 12:9; Matthew 7:15)
- He is a thief. He comes to steal, kill, and destroy. He will rob us of joy, peace, security and purpose. He will try to destroy our families, lives, and all that we hold dear. (John 10:10)
- He is the accuser. His voice condemns and accuses bringing shame and fear. (Revelation 12:10)
- He is our adversary. He prowls around like a roaring lion seeking who he can devour. His attacks are ruthless. He searches for the weakest, most vulnerable victims to devour. (1 Peter 5:8)
- He disguises himself as an angel of light, he is deceptively cunning and can make himself appear beautiful and alluring. He attempts to make sin look good and evil enticing. (2 Corinthians 11:14)
- He is the tempter. He will do anything to try to lure you away from Truth, away from God. He knows your weaknesses, don’t be fooled. He lures, he tempts, with sex, money, power, greed, and lust. (Matthew 4:3)
- He is Beelzebub. Known as the lord of the flies, the prince of demons. Like flies gravitate to decay and death, he lords over what brings death. (Matthew 12:23-24)
- He is crafty. He is a schemer. He is cunning and evil. He can never be trusted. He is a master manipulator, don’t fall for his schemes. (Genesis 3:1-5, Ephesians 6:11-12)
- He is one who hinders. He is a stumbling block. He will do anything to prevent the Name of Jesus Christ from being proclaimed and Truth from being shared. He will try every trick possible to throw roadblocks in our path and to stop us from being fruitful (1 Thessalonians 2:18, Matthew 16:23)
Times you can know he will attack:
- When you’re already down. Satan never fights fair. He’s cruel. He will try to kick you while you’re down, and attack when you already struggling, and at your weakest, most vulnerable moments.
- When you don’t expect it. Often when life is great and things seem happy, we let our guard down. We forget he’s still there, waiting for one unexpected moment when he can come in with a brutal blow. Even when days are good, and we are strong, live aware that dark forces fight against us, in the spiritual realm where we cannot see.
- When you think you can handle it. We must live aware, understanding our weakness and find strength in God alone, never in our own flesh. Do not be fooled to think you can’t be tempted.
- When you’re making a difference for God’s purposes. If you are a force for God’s kingdom, and living like salt and light in this world, know that you will be attacked. You will. No doubt. Stay aware, do not be surprised, opposing forces will try to stop your influence for Christ. But they do not have to win. And we need not be afraid, for the Lord our God fights for us. He is on our side.
Protecting yourself from his schemes:
- Be aware. Stay alert. (1 Peter 5:8)
- Submit to God’s authority. Be ruthless with sin, which is an open door for the enemy to work. Resist him and he has to flee. (James 4:7)
- Know that in Christ, we are forgiven. You are set free. You have His mighty power working within you. You are more than a conqueror through Christ. (Romans 8:37)
- Put on the armor. Daily. Pray. Take up the Word of God, the sword of the Spirit, which is our only offensive weapon. (Ephesians 6:11)
- Know that He is for you. He is with you. And the enemy does not have the final say over your life. God fights for you, even in times you’re unaware. He’s always working on your behalf, often behind the scenes where you cannot see. And the enemy’s plans will be crushed. (Romans 16:20)
- Keep living aware. Keep standing strong. You are never alone.
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might” (Ephesians 6:10
“Greater is He who is in you, than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4
Debbie McDaniel is a pastor’s wife, mom to three amazing kids and a few too many pets, dramatist and writer. She has a heart to communicate God’s hope though the everyday moments of life – the good, the bad, the ugly, and the ones that take your breath away. A lover of every sunrise, forever needy of His grace, this Texas girl finds joy in the simple gift of each new day. Debbie invites you to join her at www.freshdayahead.com, and Facebook and Twitter.
Publication date: June 29, 2015
Prayer is the key. It is the way we communicate our needs to God and He encourages us to. As humans, we can only know so much and we cannot see every evil that is moving around in the atmosphere. That is why it is important we call on God and ask for His protection. Find below the powerful prayers of protection for you, your friends and family members.
Prayer Points for Protection
1. Lord, I pray that by the reason of what your son did on the cross, you will protect me from all principalities and powers at work against my life in Jesus name. Amen.
2. Lord, I ask that you hide me and my family under your banner and keep us from all evil in Jesus name. Amen.
3. We ask, Jehovah, that you keep and protect us from every evil tongue that rises against us in judgement in Jesus name. Amen.
4. Lord, I am deeply sorry for my many errs. Please, do not take away your hand of protection from me and all that pertains to me in Jesus name. Amen.
5. I pray, Jehovah, that your hand be mighty upon me to keep me from all waiting for my downfall in Jesus name.
Prayer for Protection
6. Father, I pray that no evil eye of the enemy will see me or any member of my family in Jesus name. Amen.
7. Father, I do not trust in the arm of flesh. It is you that I have run to, for protection. Please deliver me from all evil in Jesus name. Amen.
8. We ask, Lord, that the Blood of Jesus they speak better things then the blood of Abel will protect us from the forces of darkness in Jesus name. Amen.
9. I ask, Lord, that even though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we are confident that you will remain close behind us to protect us in Jesus name. Amen.
10. Lord, I am really thankful to you for always protecting me. I pray that my family and I will always enjoy your protection in Jesus name. Amen.
Prayer for Protection for A Friend
- You’re Always in My Thoughts and Prayers Messages
11. I pray, Lord, I pray that the Blood of the lamb will be for us a token to protect us, so we will not experience the plagues of Egypt in Jesus name. Amen.
12. Father, you are Jehovah Nissi, the Lord, my protector, the one who defends me. I pray that you will fight my battles and grant me victory in Jesus name. Amen.
13. Lord, as I go out today, I pray that you will go before me and clear the way of all evil in Jesus name. Amen.
14. Father, I pray you will protect us from every weapon fashioned against us, so it will not prosper in Jesus name. Amen.
15. My Jehovah, I pray that the cross of Jesus will protect and keep me from all curses and demonic manipulations in Jesus name. Amen.
Blessing of Protection
16. Just as you protected the Israelites from the Egyptians with your cloud of presence, I pray that you keep me and mine as well in Jesus name. Amen.
17. We pray, Lord, that you will overshadow us with your presence, so even when we take in poison, it will not harm us in Jesus name. Amen.
18. Redeemer, as we hide in your secret place, guard us against evil eyes in Jesus name. Amen.
19. Lord, as we labour on earth, we pray that your light will serve as a lamp to our feet and protect our feet from slipping in Jesus name. Amen.
20. I pray you will arise and let all your enemies who are troubling us be scattered in Jesus name. Amen.
Prayer for Blessings and Protection
21. Lord, let me always find you a mighty rock that I can always run to for protection in Jesus name. Amen.
22. Father, we ask that you put your mark of protection on us so that nobody will trouble us in Jesus name. Amen.
23. Father, as we, your children, go to bed, protect us from all the evil flying around at night in Jesus name. Amen.
24. My great Shepherd, I rely solely on you like a sheep with its shepherd. I pray that you will keep me and my family from bears and wolves in Jesus name. Amen.
25. As I go and come today, I pray that your mighty hand of valour will shield me in Jesus name. Amen.
God, Please Protect My Family
26. Lord, I pray that you deliver from the hands of my enemies in Jesus name. Amen.
27. I pray, my saviour, that as we go and come, you will give your angels charge of us to protect us in Jesus name. Amen.
28. I pray that my ever-present help in times of need will help and protect me against all evil plans of the wicked in Jesus name. Amen.
29. Saviour, even as your word says, I ask that as we come and go, nothing shall, by any means, harm us in Jesus name. Amen.
30. I pray, Lord, that you will protect me even as I embark on this journey in Jesus name. Amen.
Prayer for Protection for Me and My Family
31. Lord, you know how there is evil hovering around seeking to harm us, I pray that you protect us from them in Jesus name. Amen.
32. Father, we ask that you save and protect us from the terrors of the night and the arrows that fly by day in Jesus name. Amen.
33. My Fortress and Rock, please be my shield from all enemies seeking to devour me in Jesus name. Amen.
34. Lord, I pray that you build a shield of fire around me and my family in Jesus name. Amen.
35. Lord, I want to continually be a child that you are pleased with. So, please keep and protect me from the lure of sin in Jesus name. Amen.
God’s Guidance and Protection
36. Scriptures say, Lord, that the Egyptians troubling us are a thing of the past and we will see them no more. We ask that our eyes will not behold the Egyptians again in Jesus name. Amen.
37. Jehovah, even if many thousands of people set themselves against us, we pray that you serve as our shield and the lifter of our head in Jesus name. Amen.
38. My Redeemer, in your hands is power and might. Please let your power and might deliver me and my family from the wicked that hates us without cause in Jesus name. Amen.
39. Father, I ask that you send forth your word and protect me and my family from all forms of sicknesses in Jesus name. Amen.
40. Lord, you promised that we will be able to serpents and scorpions. We ask that your promise be fulfilled in our lives in Jesus name. Amen.
Prayer for Protection From Evil At Work
41. My Redeemer, I pray that you rescue and protect us from all kinds of trouble in Jesus name. Amen.
42. Father, I pray that you will build your hedge of construction around us to protect us from the darts of the enemy flying around in Jesus name. Amen.
43. The enemies are always plotting, my Mighty Protector, please don’t abandon me to them in Jesus name. Amen.
44. Lord, as we call to you, answer us from heaven and protect us by your power in Jesus name. Amen.
45. Father, I pray that you direct my path and keep me from walking into harm in Jesus name. Amen.
Prayer for Protection Against My Enemies
46. Lord, we are powerless over any pestilence coming our way. You are our protection who can keep us from all plagues and pestilence. Please, come to our rescue in Jesus name. Amen.
47. I pray, Lord, that your presence will not depart from me but will always be with me to protect me in Jesus name. Amen.
48. My Saviour, as I go work, please protect me from all work hazards in Jesus name. Amen.
49. Lord, I pray that you will sustain and protect me from all the foes who have risen up against me round about.
50. Father, please protect me from every pit and every trap of the wicked in Jesus name. Amen.
- Written By Ayandola Ayanleke.