Ending your day with prayer is a wonderful way to let go of stress and find peace before falling asleep. No matter what you faced today, talking to God through goodnight prayers will renew your faith. Evening prayer also helps you see all the good things that happened in your day that you have to be thankful for!
Share these nine bedtime and evening prayers with your children, spouse and friends so they too can fall asleep feeling blessed and thankful!
Table of contents
- 1 Goodnight Prayer for Blessings
- 2 A Bedtime Prayer to Stop an Anxious Heart
- 3 Giving Thanks Evening Prayer
- 4 A Short Night-time Prayer (2 Timothy 1:7)
- 5 Popular Child’s Bedtime Prayer, 18th Century
- 6 A Beautiful Prayer to End the Day
- 7 Father, We Thank Thee
- 8 Bedtime Prayer (song by Twila Paris)
- 9 The Examen (Evening Reflection)
- 10 Praying for peaceful sleep
- 11 Praying for a restful night
- 12 Prayer Requests: Post Your Own “Prayers”
Goodnight Prayer for Blessings
Bless us with rest tonight, Jesus, and a good night’s sleep. Forgive us for the things we did today that did not honor you. Thank you for loving us so much and that you know us through and through. We need your help every day, and we thank you for the strength you give and for helping us know that with you, even hard things are possible. Bless our family and our home, and keep us safe through the night. May your angels guard us and watch over us, just like you promised.
You’ve told us we are just like sheep. And that you lead us and guard us like a shepherd. You know our names, and you make us feel special and loved. When we hurt, you help us feel better. Thank you, Jesus, for your good care and for giving us to help. Thank you for the Bible, and for teaching us stuff in life that helps us grow. Bless the people in our world, and help them to know you love them, too. Thank you for all the people who help us so much: teachers, doctors, policeman, and fireman—and so many more.
Thank you for your good plan for our lives. Help us to obey you and love you more and more. When we awake in the morning, put a smile on our face and your purpose in our hearts, ready to start a new day. We love you, Jesus. Good night. In Jesus’s precious name, Amen. ~ ~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
A Bedtime Prayer to Stop an Anxious Heart
Dear Lord, please help me trust You and empower me through Your Spirit to stop my emotions from bossing me around. I want to quit worrying about what might happen and focus on what has already happened by remembering and praising You for Your faithfulness in my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen. ~ Renee Swoop
Giving Thanks Evening Prayer
Dear God, we thank you tonight for the good day and for the special way you take care of us all the time. Thank you for the fun times outside and the quiet times inside, and for helping us learn new things every day.
Thank you for creating us special, exactly the way you wanted. Thank you for protecting us throughout the day. Forgive us for the wrong things we do. Thank you for loving us even when we disobey or try to do things our way. Help us to always choose your way, God, because it’s always best. We pray for all the people who don’t know you, and that they will come to understand your love for them, too.
Bless our family and thank you for good times together and apart. Bless our friends and those we love, including our grandparents, our aunts and uncles and cousins. Thank you for our home and a place to sleep and good food to eat. Help us rest well, give us peaceful dreams, and send your angels around our home to protect us throughout the night. Teach us to trust you and to love you more and more. You are good; you are great; and you are faithful, God. And we love you. Good night. In Jesus’s precious name, Amen. ~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
A Short Night-time Prayer (2 Timothy 1:7)
For God’s not given me a spirit of fear,
But a spirit of love,
and of power, and a sound mind,
To live each day and glorify his name.
Popular Child’s Bedtime Prayer, 18th Century
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Alternative Version for Children:
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
Watch and guard me through the night,
and wake me with the morning light.
A Beautiful Prayer to End the Day
Heavenly Father, my day is drawing to an end, and I’m ready to turn in. But before I do, I have to thank you for your faithfulness today. It’s always a good day, even when things may not go the way I plan, or when the world seems in chaos, because you are in control.
For all the times when I was aware of your help today, all the times when your unseen presence seemed so near, thank you, God. But for all the ways you worked behind the scenes, unknown to me, moments when heaven-sent angels moved on my behalf in ways I’ll never know, thank you for those also, Lord.
Forgive me for any foolish actions on my part today or things I did without first asking your blessing or wisdom. Those are moments I’d rather forget, but I’m so grateful for your forgiveness when I ask. I never want to go to bed without clearing the air between us, Lord. Our friendship means too much, and your holiness deserves that. Thank you for loving me just as I am. Your love compels me to give you my all and fills my heart with praise for the relationship we share because of Jesus.
As I close my eyes tonight, I’m praying for loved ones around me, for friends and those who need to know you, Lord. I’m praying that your love, like the billions of stars in the night sky outside, will touch them and help them see who you really are. I pray for our world and those in it. I pray for their needs as well as my own.
Grant me a good night’s sleep tonight, God, so that I can awake refreshed and ready to begin another day loving you. Thank you again for blessings so undeserved and too numerous to count. I love being your child, and I long for the word “faithful” to describe my service to you, each day of every year. When I awake in the morning, may it be with a joyful smile, not a grumpy spirit. May your protection and your presence bathe this place with peace and safety against the enemy. Good night, Lord. In Jesus’s name, Amen. ~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
Father, We Thank Thee
Father, we thank thee for the night,
And for the pleasant morning light;
For rest and food and loving care,
And all that makes the day so fair.
Help us to do the things we should,
To be to others kind and good;
In all we do, in work or play,
To grow more loving every day.
— Rebecca Weston – 1890
Bedtime Prayer (song by Twila Paris)
Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray dear Lord that you will keep
Your eyes upon this sleeping world
Every little boy and girl
Bless the children far away
The ones who don’t know how to pray
Those who are not feeling well
The little one the slipped and fell
Bless the puppy down the street
The neighbors I have yet to meet
Bless my mom and dad especially
Just one more thing I’d like to say
Before I close another day
I’d like to thank you Lord for all the ways
That You bless me
Bless the child whose home is torn
The babies who are not yet born
Bless the ones who take your word
To all the hearts that have not heard
Bless all your children everywhere
I hope they know how much you care
Maybe someday I can go
And tell them that You love them so
Bless Grandma and my Grandpa too
And all my friend and all they do
Bless every twig upon my family tree
Just one more thing I’ll say to you
I’m so amazed by all you do
I’ll thank you once again because it’s true
That you bless me
The Examen (Evening Reflection)
Written by St. Ignatius Loyola, the Examen is a daily process for prayerfully reflecting on your day.
1. Remember God’s presence.
Even after a trying day, God will quiet your soul as you remember His presence and intentionally seek to enter into it. Remember He’s with you. Invite Him to make Himself present to you.
2. Respond to Him with thanks.
Giving thanks gives God glory and helps us look on the bright side of a bad day. What small blessings can you thank God for?
3. Reflect on how God showed Himself to you.
God reveals himself through scripture, but we also see glimpses of him in nature, events, and people. Sometimes He shows up loudly through miraculous, divine intervention. Other times He shows Himself quietly through the beauty of a flower or an earnest conversation. As you look back over your day, can you identify moments where you sensed God’s revelation or intervention?
4. Repent of your failings.
I don’t like recognizing my own sin, but repentance is key to continual renewal in our relationship with God.As you reflect on your day, remember specific points where you failed. Bring your shortcomings before God and ask Him to forgive you.
5. Resolve to grow.
God is in the business of changing us, so don’t let your failings discourage or define you. His mercies are always new. Accept His forgiveness. Ask Him for grace to change. Is there anything you need to make right or anyone you need to apologize to? What can you do differently tomorrow?
Do you have a favorite goodnight prayer you use at bedtime? One that your parents taught you or that you are teaching your children? Share it with our community in the comments below!
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersThe Prayer of JabezShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerThe Prayer of St FrancisSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerIrish Prayers and BlessingsAdvent PrayersChristmas PrayersThanksgiving PrayerHoly Week Prayers for Each DayEaster PrayersMother’s Day PrayerPrayers for My HusbandPrayers for My SonPrayers for My DaughterPrayer Quotes
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
VIEW YOUR BOOKMARKS Login/Register to retain your bookmarks
Praying for peaceful sleep
Oh Heavenly Father, as I lay my head down to sleep, I ask for your comfort and strength. Ease my mind. Help me to let everything go, and leave it all in your hands. Give me peace that I may sleep without tossing and turning.
Encamp your angels around me, that no harm will come to me or my household. I cover each and every member of my household in the blood of Jesus.
Read also: A Prayer for those Sleepless Nights
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.
Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Encamp your angels around me, that no harm will come to me or my household. Click To Tweet
Praying for a restful night
Almighty God, bless my night, and bless the coming day. I’m so tired and anxious, burdened by the cares of the day. Lay your hand upon me and quiet my restless soul. Cradle me in your protective arms, dear Lord. Give me rest that tomorrow will be a very productive day.
Refresh me fully and fill me with your joy, oh Heavenly Father. Wipe away my tears of today. I repent of my sins and look to your Holy Spirit for guidance and protection. In Jesus name, Amen!
Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Psalm 46:1-2, 10-11 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble, therefore we will not fear…Be still, and know that I am God…the Lord Almighty is with us.”
Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. -Psalm 30:5. Click To Tweet
Prayer Requests: Post Your Own “Prayers”
If you’d like, in addition to the comments below, you can post your prayer below so the ChristiansTT community can help pray with you. You can use this option, in addition to the comments below, if you think your request or prayer is long enough…
Rules for Posting: All accepted prayers will be posted publicly on this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web. Please use proper spelling and grammar as much as possible and don’t use ALL CAPS. If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
SUBMIT AN ONLINE PRAYER OR PRAYER REQUEST
What better time to express your love, prayers and wishes to friends and loved ones than at night when the atmosphere is relaxed? Send any of these 100+ Cute Good Night-Sweet Dreams Messages, S.M.S, Wishes And Prayers to your loved ones to let them know you’re in their thoughts.
Give your romance life a boost; let your special lady know you’re thinking about her tonight.
Good Night Quote
- When you lay to sleep, erase all worries because my love will form a warm blanket around your loveliness to keep you safe.
- When you close your eyes to sleep my sweet angel, don’t be afraid of anything. I’ll be waiting in your dreams.
50+ Sweetest Romantic Happy Birthday Wishes And Messages For Him or Her
- I sent the wind to whisper my love to you. So tonight, when you feel the gentle breeze across your face and hear the soft rustling of the trees, that’s the wind relaying how much I love you.
- You’re my fantasy; my dream come true. The night is sweetest when you occupy my dreams.
- The night will play its music tonight. It’ll be sponsored by me. It’ll sing of my love and of my affection for the loveliness that is you. You’ll hear my music in your sleep. Sleep tight my angel.
- Do not fear the terrors of the night, I’ll be right by your side chasing the demons away.
- Good night my sweet princess. I’ll be dreaming of you just as I hope you’ll be dreaming of me.
Sweet Dreams Message
- My days are beautiful; my nights are lovelier, just because you’re here, right by my side. Sweet dreams my darling.
- My days are not done until I wish you good night and tell you how much I love you.
Free Good Night Wallpaper Download
- When you see the moon, so big and blue; and you see the stars twinkling high in the sky; that is nature confirming my love to you. I love you in unimaginable ways. Sleep tight.
- May memories of a wonderful day, form the loveliest of thoughts as you lay in bed to sleep. May thoughts of me crown it all to give you a beautiful night. Sleep well my love.
- In my heart, you rule as queen. Your radiance outshines that of the brightest of stars. Sleep tight.
- Look into the sky, locate the brightest star. See how it glows? My love for you shines brighter. Have a restful night.
- Here’s wishing my favourite human a beautiful night. If you get to dream land before me, wait for me, I’ll be right behind you.
- Even in the dream, our hearts beat as one, entwined, fused. Nothing can ever come between us, I love you so much.
- Sleep tight, dream about us, when you wake, you’ll be in my arms.
- Nights are for lovers. You’re my one and only love. No will ever take your place beside me, my dear wife and friend.
101 Love Poems And Messages For a Loving Wife
- You deserve the most restful sleep my love. You spend your days making me feel so special. I hope this message makes you feel really special. Have a beautiful night my darling.
- Today was beautiful. I enjoyed every bit of it with you by my side. I hope tomorrow will be special too. Have a pleasant night.
- You’ve been running around my head all day. You should be tired by now. Go to bed baby and sleep well. Lots of love.
- You made my day so lovely. Let’s do it again tomorrow. Sleep tight my love.
- I can’t get enough of you. You’re in my thoughts all day; you’re in my dreams all night. How do you do it? Well, I’m not complaining. Have a good night.
- The sun has gone home to bed, darkness has come to take its place. Let the earth render sweet music and lull you sleep. Kisses.
- I love it when it’s night because I get to forget about my worries and lose myself in your embrace.
- Nothing is more important to me tonight than you. Share your thoughts baby, I’m here to make your burdens light.
- The day’s toil is over, the night whispers in hushed tones, sleep relaxed my love. tomorrow will be better.
- As you lay in bed to sleep, may God’s Angels form a protective edge around you and keep you safe. Good night my love.
- May your sleep be filled with the peace that you deserve. Have a restful night.
- I pray your sleep be filled with beautiful dreams. May demons be far away from you. Good night.
- May your dreams be filled with inspirations and ideas for a better tomorrow. Good night.
Super, Powerful, Motivation Messages and Quotes for Strong Women
- The moon will not smite you tonight. It will join with God’s other creatures to watch over your lovely form and keep evil away from you. Good night my love.
- No one deserves a beautiful night more than you my darling. I pray for just that for you. Good night.
- May all your fears be calmed tonight. May you be visited in your dreams with answers to troubling issues. Have a beautiful night sweetheart.
- You’re the answers to my prayers, the woman of my dreams. May I not lose you in sleep. May I not lose you at all. Sweet dreams.
- The darts of the enemy flying all about will not come close to you. Tonight I’m entrusting you in the arms of the Almighty to keep you safe. Good night.
- Sleep well, sleep without fear. I’ve done my due diligence in prayers for you. I love you so much.
- May the Angels sing sweet symphonies in your dreams tonight and keep you safe. Sweet dreams.
- No nightmares, no demons. Tonight you’re getting the sweetest rest ever, because I said a prayer for you.
- As you lay to rest, may the Lord keep you safe from the wickedness of the night. Have a blissful sleep.
Spark up your romance. Let your husband/special man know you care tonight by sending him any of these Romantic Good Night Messages.
- I know how busy your days get to be. That’s why I get so excited about the nights because then I get to be wrapped in your arms, your sole focus, enjoying all the attention I need.
- When you sleep tonight, dream about how lovely tomorrow will be with me by your side. Good night.
Good Night For Him
- Every night is beautiful when you’re by my side wrapping me safe in your arms. Good night darling.
- I just wanted to let you know that the height of my days is when we lay side by side at night dreaming of a better tomorrow.
- I cannot say my day is completely over without that lovely good night kiss from you.
- Sleep my love; I’ll be waiting for you at the other side in dream world.
100+ Short, Lovely, Romantic Messages For a Husband
- Your love is a protective covering. Even when I’m asleep, I know I’m safe with you. Thank you and do have a pleasant night.
- I’ll be dreaming of you tonight just as I hope you’ll be dreaming of me too. Have a beautiful night rest.
- Let your dreams be filled with sweet thoughts of me and all the wonderful things we do together. Good night.
- Tonight as always you’ll be in my thoughts, filling my heart with warmth. Have a good night.
- My favorite part of the night is when you nuzzle close to me, burying your head in my bosom and holding me like nothing else matters. I’m looking forward to it again tonight. Sweet dreams my love.
- As you sleep tonight, let my love form a warm a warm blanket around you to keep you safe from the cold.
- I wish you were here; I’d cuddle up to you and let you hold me tight. I miss you baby. Have a pleasant night.
- I never have to battle with nightmares again; you’re the new occupant of my dreams. I love you so much. Have a good night.
- Lying by your side, hearing you snore, calms all of my fears and reassures me. You stabilize me honey. Have a good night.
- Nothing matters to me more than you coming home into my arms every night. I’ll always be here for you, baby. Have a good night rest.
- No matter how turbulent it gets in the night, I’ll be here baby, holding you safe in my arms. So relax and sleep well.
- Sometimes I wish the night could extend so I’ll never have to rise from your embrace. I love you totally. Have a good night rest.
- Go to bed, go to bed sleepy head. Tomorrow’s another day to experience my sweet love.
- Sleep like the king that you are. I your queen will be waiting for you in dream land.
- Go to bed cutie, dream of me and all the awesome things we will do together tomorrow. Good night.
- I know you can’t get enough of me, lol. But it’s really time to go to bed now so you can wake up refreshed tomorrow morning. Sleep tight.
- No night demons, no chilly cold, no unrest, no scares. Tonight we will be wrapped safe in each other’s arms.
The importance of prayers for loved ones cannot be overemphasized. Prayer has a way of reassuring your loved ones that all will eventually be well. Let your man feel special by saying a prayer for him. Send him any of these Sweet Good Night Prayers so he’ll know he is in your thoughts.
- As you lay to rest your hardworking body, may the Almighty watch over you and grant you sweet rest.
- No one deserves peaceful rest as much as you do, you work so hard. May the Lord grant that your body and your mind be fully rested by the time you wake in the morning.
Classic Daily Life Planner for You
- May God’s Angels watch over you tonight and keep you safe from every attack of the enemy.
- No weapon fashioned against you tonight shall prosper. May you sleep like a baby and be oblivious of evil.
Sweet Dreams For Him
- As you go to bed, I commit you into the hands of God. May he be a shield around you and keep you safe from the darts of the enemy.
- I pray that tomorrow will be better than today sweetheart. Every of today’s failed expectations will be surpassed tomorrow. Relax, God is in control.
Good loadNight Sweet Dream mp3 song download
- Forget about you fears tonight. I said a prayer for you and God will take care of them. Tomorrow will be a better day.
- May your head never be relegated to the tail. Doors will open for you tomorrow everywhere you have been rejected today. Have a good night.
- May all your efforts to provide for our home continually yield good fruits. Have a good night my love.
- I see in your eyes that today didn’t turn out as expected. I pray that every of your expectations will be met and surpassed tomorrow. Have a good night rest.
Cute Good Morning Messages- Good Morning Motivations, S.M.S, Wishes And Prayers
- Forget about what went wrong today; tomorrow’s another opportunity to try again. Have a good night rest.
Good Night Family
- No matter how long the night is, it will eventually give way to the morning. Enjoy the night as a time of rest while it lasts.
- Everything that went wrong today is a lesson on how to do it better tomorrow. Take a warm shower, sleep well, tomorrow will be better.
Sweet Dreams (A Wrinkle In Time Trailer Song) ft. Dresage (Disney)
- May the successes of today help you relax and give you the confidence to face tomorrow. Have a wonderful night.
- Each day births a better you. Can’t wait to see a better version of you tomorrow. Have a beautiful night.
100 Cute I Miss You Messages, Quotes and Ideas For Loved Ones
- Here’s wishing a dear friend a wonderful night filled with dreams of all that is beautiful.
- I pray you have a restful, peaceful night filled with beautiful twinkling stars and a lovely big blue moon.
- I pray that today’s unmet expectations will yield better result for you tomorrow. Have a good night rest.
- The Lord will fight every battles of the night for you. Sleep like a baby, the battle is the Lord’s and victory is sure.
- May you be victorious tonight should any battle come your way. May the Lord arise and help you. Have a beautiful night.
- Thank you for your help today. I’m grateful for your friendship. Have a good night.
Sweet Dreams Friends
- Friends like you make tomorrow worth looking forward to. Have a good night.
- Working with you is the most pleasant experience ever. Let’s do it again tomorrow. Have a good night.
Discounted Flower for your Loved Ones
Share these beautiful messages with friends and loved ones, thank me later. In the meantime, thank you for visiting. We promise to always give you our best. Xoxo.
Lord, you are my God,
mighty and strong,
Tonight, give me a good night,
may I sleep easily,
deep and peacefully.
God, thank you for taking care of us,
please, keep me safe,
When I go to bed, I sleep in peace
because, Lord, you keep me safe.
Lord, take care of my home
and of all my goods,
that your blessings may be with us
day and night.
Thank You for the Bible
that tells us that when
we walk will not have fear.
God, we take refuge in you as a family,
we will rest quiet and sleep
with good thoughts.
Please, take away all anguish or fear,
thank you for being the same yesterday,
today and forever,
thank you for giving us
a good sleeping time,
we will have a peaceful time
to wake up next day
ready for every good work.
Lord, may nothing block the peace
of our home,
may nothing take away our serenity,
I know we will have a pleasant
and blessed night.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.