Jehovah Rapha: The Lord, Our Healer. There are dozens of Bible verses about healing Scriptures and I have come to take solace in these over the years as my loved ones and I have battle health conditions. They have brought up comfort, hope and have built up our most holy faith to believe our Lord for a miracle!
With that said, there is a practical application to all of this. The Lord has gifted your body with the remarkable ability to heal itself under the right conditions. You need to feed it wholesome food, drink clean water and breathe pure air. Sadly, finding these things is all but impossible in our fallen world as toxic chemicals have overtaken our soil and atmosphere. In spite of our efforts (and great expense) to purchase essential products for a healthy home, we still get sick and God is here to bless you with His healing touch when you need it. The healing Scripture below testifies to that!
Cry out to Him and seek this precious gift today!
- 1 Maintaining Your Healing
- 2 The Bible Verses About Healing Scriptures Challenge
- 3 Practical Steps to Health
- 4 When You Don’t Have Time to DIY
- 5 Pantry Goods
- 6 DIY & Aromatherapy Tools
- 7 Books & Resources
- 8 Jesus Promises Healing
- 9 Models for How to Pray
- 10 Examples of People Who Were Healed:
- 11 Can You Share?
- 12 Bible verses for surgery
Maintaining Your Healing
Before I share my 40 favorite Bible verses about healing Scriptures, we need to put what God’s Word says about health into context with these two scripture passages.
- “Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, ‘See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.’” John 5:14
- “Faith without works is useless.” James 2:20
Essentially, once God does His part, we must do our part! He heals us and we maintain the healing!
Personally, I don’t view sickness as a sin issue. From what I can in the Scripture, neither does Jesus. Otherwise, why would He say this in John 9:3?
- “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.”
The point that I think our Lord is trying to make is that, when we sin, we put ourselves in harm’s way. Reckless behavior, misuse of medicines and deliberate poor food choices (i.e. all “sins”) can and oftentimes damages our bodies and will make us more susceptible to get sick.
This is why it’s so crucial to put faith to our deeds and put deeds to our faith!
My hope and prayer is that these 40 Bible verses about healing Scriptures inspire, encourage and build up your most holy faith. As you seek God for healing, I suggest you do your best to learn how to be healthy and make the proper abundant life-giving choices.
Using natural therapies like essential oils can help and I wrote a report about the 10 most healing that you can find here.
Also, at the end of this article, I list my favorite products and resources for you to help you on your journey.
~ Dr. Z
40 Bible Verses About Healing Scriptures
Old Testament Healing Scriptures
He said, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.”
~ Exodus 15:26
Worship the LORD your God, and His blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.
~ Exodus 23:25
The Lord will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt.
~ Deuteronomy 7:15
“See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.
~ Deuteronomy 32:39
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
~ 2 Chronicles 7:14
Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.
~ Psalm 6:2
For the LORD protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken!
~ Psalm 34:20
The LORD will sustain him upon his sickbed; In his illness, You restore him to health.
~ Psalm 41:3
As for me, I said, “O Lord, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you!”
~ Psalm 41:4
Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good thing, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
~ Psalm 103:1-5
He sent out His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction.
~ Psalm 107:20
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
~ Psalm 147:3
Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
~ Proverbs 16:24
My son, be attentive to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Let them not escape from your sight; keep them within your heart. For they are life to those who find them, and healing to all their flesh.
~ Proverbs 4:20-22
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
~ Proverbs 17:22
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up.
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1-3
And the Lord will strike Egypt, striking and healing, and they will return to the Lord, and he will listen to their pleas for mercy and heal them.
~ Isaiah 19:22
Lord, your discipline is good, for it leads to life and health. You restore my health and allow me to live!
~ Isaiah 38:16
But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed.
~ Isaiah 53:5
‘I have seen what they do, but I will heal them anyway! I will lead them. I will comfort those who mourn, bringing words of praise to their lips. May they have abundant peace, both near and far,’ says the Lord, who heals them.
~ Isaiah 57: 18-19
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
~ Isaiah 58:8
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.
~ Jeremiah 17:14
For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord.
~ Jeremiah 30:17
Behold, I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them and reveal to them abundance of prosperity and security.
~ Jeremiah 33:6
New Testament Healing Scriptures
And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people.
~ Matthew 4:23
And He called to Him His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.
~ Matthew 10:1
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
~ Matthew 10:8
It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.
~ Mark 2:17
He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
~ Mark 5:34
And the power of the Lord was with him to heal.
~ Luke 5:17
Heal the sick in it and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.
~ Luke 10:9
And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and she glorified God.
~ Luke 13:13
But they remained silent. Then He took him and healed him and sent him away.
~ Luke 14:4
“He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.
~ John 12:40
While you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus.
~ Acts 4:30
And Peter said to him, “Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you; rise and make your bed.” And immediately he rose.
~ Acts 9:34
How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.
~ Acts 10:38
Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength.
~ 1 Corinthians 15:43
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up.
~ James 5:14-15
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
~ James 5:16
He personally bore our sins in His body on the tree , that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.
~ 1 Peter 2:24
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
~ 3 John 1:2
Which of these 40 Bible verses about healing Scriptures speaks to your heart?
Are there any Bible verses about healing Scriptures that you’d like to add?
Please leave a a comment below!
The Bible Verses About Healing Scriptures Challenge
As I read, and reread Bible Verses About Healing Scriptures, I am often filled with a sense of reassurance to see how the timeless principles within its pages ring true in my life.
One lesson in particular, that we reap what we sow, has all but defined my Biblical health experience and my favorite Bible verses about healing Scriptures conveys this profoundly. In its simplest form, we reap sickness because of what was sow into our bodies. Along our healing journey, we are all confronted by the same fork in the road and, we all have a choice.
No amount of prayer, no amount of meditation, and no amount of counseling can turn things around until we are willing to change. yes, these 40 Bible Verses About Healing Scriptures are absolutely abundant life giving, but we need to also stop doing the things that are causing the damage in the first place, which then gives our bodies an opportunity to heal. At the same time, we need to learn how to take care of ourselves and regain control of our health.
Can you relate?
- Have you pledged to regaining control of your health in a way that honors your body as the temple that it truly is?
- Have you determined to feed your temple nutritious foods and avoid toxins that cause disease?
- Have you committed to stop running to the pharmacy for every little thing, and have you embraced the power of using natural therapies like essential oils instead?
- Are you committed to meditating and proclaiming these 40 Bible Verses About Healing Scriptures?
Like me, you have a choice which path you want to follow. And, now that you have learned what the Bible says about health, I trust that you will walk with me on the path toward the abundant life!
Practical Steps to Health
Now that we’ve meditated on 40 Bible verses about healing Scriptures, let’s switch gears a little and focus on giving your home a “make over” to support a new healthy lifestyle to maintain your healing!
Usually, you’ll quickly discover that you need to replace many of the staple pantry items considered unsafe like othite, bleached sugar and flour. Then you’ll notice that you need new kitchen gadgets to prepare all those fresh ingredients and DIY projects on your to-do list. After you’ve made over the kitchen, you start to think about other essential products for a healthy home like body care, household cleaners, and all kinds of stuff!
Rest assured that this is completely normal, so don’t get stressed out about the transition. Take it all in baby-steps, focusing on the lowest hanging fruit. Like first trying to memorize Bible verses about healing Scriptures, as you do what’s easiest to implement at first, you’ll find that you can master the basics quite quickly. Then, next think you know, you’re picking fruit on top of the tree that you once thought was impossible to do!
This, my friend, is all part of the adventure, and our prayer is that by sharing our experience and this list of our favorite products, you’ll be inspired and encouraged on your own journey.
Our Favorite Products by Category
Reading the 40 Bible verses about healing Scriptures above has convicted my family to step it up a notch and live as clean a life as possible. While our home is far from perfectly green and clean, (we’re still learning to make more and more of our own products) we’re pretty proud of how far we’ve come.
To check out what we use, scroll down for these categories:
- Must Have Items for Your Home
- Books & Resources
- Supplements & Natural Remedies
- When You Don’t Have Time to DIY
- Our Favorite Kitchen Gadgets
- DIY & Aromatherapy Tools
- Carrier Oils & Body Care Ingredients
- Pantry Goods for a Healthy Lifestyle
Must-Have Items to Stay Healthy
You can technically live without reading your favorite Bible verses about healing Scriptures, but why would you want to!?!
Food on the hand is not negotiable. Humans can live without food for a few weeks, without water for a few days and without air for just a few minutes. It’s important to put things into perspective to see how absolutely vital these are to our existence, and it should motivate us to provide our bodies with the very best of what’s available to us within our individual budgets. Because of this, I have found that these items are an absolute MUST if you want to minimize toxins, reduce your risk of developing disease and maintain a strong healthy profile:
- MyGreenFills – Did you know that your laundry room is one of the most toxic places in your home? Yep! There are actually 12 ingredients in most laundry products that are not only carcinogenic, they have been linked to a slew of horrible diseases. The solution is MyGreensFills – the safest, most effective natural laundry solution we have ever used. We do more than 15 loads of laundry every month and trust me when I tell you that the stuff works! My friends at MyGreenFills are giving all Dr. Z tribe members 25% OFF your first bundle.
- Annmarie Skin Care – Your skin is a sponge, and the chemicals in conventional skin care products contain toxins that have been linked to a myriad of health conditions. My friends at Annmarie are offering $10 sample kits + $10 coupon just for the Dr. Z tribe!
- Wholetones Healing Frequencies Music – Using sound frequency to heal the mind and body is becoming a popular topic in the research community. Having been used for thousands of years in the form of ritual chants, this Christian-based music therapy has helped thousands of people by addressing the root cause of disease.
- Shared Health Care Coverage – If you’re like me, you’re completely fed up with the current health care insurance model. Thankfully, I was introduced to Samaritan Ministries (a Biblical, non-insurance approach to health care needs) a while back. I cannot begin to tell you how much of a blessing this organization has been for my family and I, and I whole-heartedly refer them to all my friends and family. Please be sure to tell them that I referred you!
- Air Purifier – Far too many people take for granted that every breath we take will either give us Abundant Life-giving gasses like nitrogen and oxygen, or fill our lungs with pollutants. Make sure you get a purifier that filters out mold and other allergens!
- Water Purifier – Let’s not forget pure water, right?!? We were not designed by God to consume the harmful impurities that are found in processed, tap water. Whatever your budget can afford (sink mount, shower filter or an entire house system), start purifying your water today!
- Thrive Market –Thrive Market – Last, but not least is food & other DIY products you’re not going to make! Thrive Market is an online membership like Costco for health lovers! All of your favorite health products in one place for a great price, delivered to your door. Super convenient! Plus, Thrive is giving all new customers $20 Off your first 3 orders because you’re part of my tribe!
Supplements and Natural Remedies
Like of one my favorite Bible verses about healing Scriptures says, “The leaves of the trees are the healing of the nations,” and we have personally experienced wonderful results when using these natural remedies and supplements to keep our family healthy and strong! There are few products I recommend in this category as we’ve found most supplements to be useless – riddled with harmful fillers and manufactured in such a way that your body cannot properly absorb the ingredients. Essentially, most people pee and poop their money away because they’re taking supplements that are undigested!
These items, however, will not only give your body essential nutrition that you cannot get in your normal diet, they have been formulated to ensure you benefit from taking them!
- Barley Grass
- Beta Glucan
- BetaKIDS Beta Glucan Chewables
- Essential Oils (To find out how to best to choose a brand, CLICK HERE)
- Flax Oil
- Green Tea Extract
- Heart to Heart Essential Amino Acids
- Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C
- Liposomal Turmeric Extract
- Matcha Green Tea
- Super Colon Cleanse (Capsules)
- Super Colon Cleanse (Powder)
- Vitamin D3
When You Don’t Have Time to DIY
If you’re like most people, you have all the best intentions in the world, but the 24 hours you have in a day just doesn’t cut it sometimes when you’re trying to be Super Dad & Wonder Mom. It’s enough to find time to read a couple of your favorite Bible verses about healing Scriptures! When you’re under a time-cruch and can’t make all of your home and body products by hand, these are some good items you can trust. This is where your Thrive Market Membership will come handy – plus, the prices are great!
- Annmarie Skin Care ($10 sample kits + $10 coupon for Dr. Z fans!)
- Herbal Foot Salve
- Herbal Salve (Ancient Soother)
- Herbal Salve (Balm of Gilead)
- Herbal Salve (Calendula Comfrey )
Products on Amazon
- Baby Hair Conditioner
- Baby Powder
- Baby Shampoo & Body Wash
- Body Wash – African Black Soap
- Kid-Friendly Lice Prevention Shampoo & Conditioner
- Kid-Friendly Lice Prevention Conditioning Spray
- Lotion – Frankincene & Myrrh
- Lotion – Shea Butter
- Shampoo (Aubrey’s Organics)
- Soap – Bar
- Soap – Liquid (Black Soap
- Soap – Liquid (Unscented)
- Soap – All-Purpose (Kids)
- Witch Hazel Toner (Alcohol-free)
Products at Thrive
- Baby Wash (Earth Mama Angel Baby)
- Conditioner (Desert Essence)
- Hair Styling (Giovanni)
- Shampoo (Desert Essence)
- Soap – Bar (Auromere Ayurvedic Products, Dr. Bronner’s & Nubian Heritage)
- Soap – Liquid (Dr. Bronner’s)
- Toothpaste (Auromere Ayurvedic Products, Dr. Bronner’s, Redmond Clay
If you’ve read Mama Z’s Kitchen Makeover Guide you know we have some food allergies and health concerns that require we’re a little extra picky about our ingredients. In addition to the list of Bible verses about healing Scriptures we’ve curated, my wife has created this list of healthy substitutions for every day pantry items. From gluten free flour to dark chocolate chips, you’ll be baking healthy goodies in no time!
- All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- Almond Butter
- Almond Flour
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Baking Powder – aluminum free
- Baking Soda
- Bragg Liquid Aminos
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Cacoa Powder
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut Flour
- Coconut Milk (Native Forest – Organic, Unsweetened)
- Coconut Sugar/Crystals
- Egg Replacer
- Enjoy Life Mini Chips – dairy-free, gluten-free, and soy-free
- Flax Meal
- Gluten Free Quick Oats
- Grade C Maple Syrup
- Lilly’s Dark Chocolate Chips – vegan
- Liquid Stevia
- Manuka Honey
- Mason Jars for Storage
- Mayonnaise (Avocado Oil)
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Organic Fair Trade Sugar
- Organic Vanilla Bean Powder
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Powdered Stevia
- Psyllium Husk Fiber
- Ujido Matcha Green Tea
- Vanilla Liquid Stevia
- Vegetable Boullion
In the same way that your Bible verses about healing Scriptures can be used as a tool on your road to healing – when you’re using fresh produce in your recipes, baking your own bread, and making your own juice you’ll want some high quality kitchen tools! We love these particular small appliances and gadgets and have found multiple uses for each!
- Citrus Juicer
- Food Processor
- Immersion Blender
- Juicer – small
- Juicer – large
- Juicer – option 2
- Loaf Pans
- Magic Bullet
- Xtrema Ceramic Cookware
Bible verses about healing Scriptures refer back to plant-based medicine and oils topic the list! So, you’re using pure essential oils and you’re ready to start making some of your own DIY body care products! You want to be as careful about your carrier oils and other ingredients as you are with your essential oils. These are some of our personal favorites.
Carrier Oils + Body Care Ingredients
- All-Purpose Carrier Oil
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- Argan Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Camellia Seed Oil
- Carrot Seed Oil
- Evening Primrose
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Hazelnut Oil
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Meadowfoam Oil
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Sunflower Oil (Organic)
- Aloe Vera Gel (fresh frozen, 100% organic and pure))
- Aloe Vera Gel (99.75% organic and pure)
- Bath Crystals
- Bayberry Wax
- Bentonite Clay
- Candelilla Wax
- Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap
- Epsom Salt
- Guar Gum
- Kokum Butter
- Mango Butter
- Shea Butter – unrefined
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Vitamin E
- Yellow Beeswax
- Zinc Oxide Powder
We’re asked a lot about our favorite essential oils diffuser and the bottles, jars, and dispensers we talk about in our DIY recipes. This list is a compilation of some of our most-used items!
DIY & Aromatherapy Tools
- Amber Glass Essential Oil Bottle – 5 ml
- Amber Glass Vials – 5/8 Dram
- Cobalt Glass Bottles with Pump Tops – 4oz
- Cobalt Glass Bottles with Stainless Steel Pumps – 8oz
- Cobalt Glass pump Bottle with Chalkboard Labels – 8oz
- Coloring – Brown (Cinnamon Powder)
- Coloring – Light Bronze (Turmeric Powder)
- Coloring – Red (Beet Powder)
- Diffuser Reeds
- Enteric Coated Capsules
- Essential Oil Aromaclay
- Essential Oil Aromatherapy Wraps
- Essential Oil Diffusers
- Essential Oils Carrying Cases
- Essential Oil Pillow Pets
- Glass Eye Dropper
- Glass Foaming Soap Dispenser Pump
- Glass Jar – 4oz
- Glass Roller Bottle – 1/8 ounce
- Glass Roller Bottle – 5ml
- Glass Salve Jar – 2oz
- Glass Spray Bottle – 2oz
- Glass Spray Bottle – 4oz
- Glass Spray Bottle – 16oz
- Inhaler Tubes
- Locking Amber Spray Bottle
- Mason Jar Foaming Soap Dispenser Top
- Mason Jars for Storage
Books & Resources
As you grow in your understanding of Bible verses about healing Scriptures, your library will certainly grow with you! It’s exciting to see all of the books that are available to us today, but things can get quickly overwhelming for the beginner. To help narrow down the vast selection, here are some favorites that will prove to be valuable resources to help you master all 7 Key Areas of the Abundant Life.
Living a balanced life in all 7 areas is the true definition of “Biblical Health!”
- Spiritual Abundance – Having a thriving relationship with your Creator.
- Physical Abundance – Maintaining a strong, healthy body.
- Mental Abundance – Being intellectually sound and having the Mind of Christ.
- Emotional Abundance – Being at peace and enjoying a balance of healthy feelings.
- Financial Abundance – Having enough to provide for your family and to be BIG givers.
- Occupational Abundance – Truly enjoying the work of your hands.
- Social Abundance – Fostering deep, mutually beneficial relationships with friends, family and people that you encounter every day.
Dr. Z’s Essential Oil Books
- The Truth About Essential Oils and Cancer
- Heal Your Gut With Essential Oils
- Using God’s Medicine for the Abundant Life: An Evidence-Based Approach to Essential Oils
Dr. Z’s Online eCourses & Programs
- Beat Cancer God’s Way
- FREE Essential Oils Club
- Essential Oils Club Inner Circle
- Essential Oils Revolution
- Essential Oils Revolution 2
- Heal Your Gut Summit
Bragg Book Series
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Miracle Health System
- Bragg Back Fitness Program
- Bragg Healthy Lifestyle: Vital Living to 120!
- Build Powerful Nerve Force: Cure for the Dull Dragged-Out Hopeless, Helpless Life
- Build Strong Healthy Feet: Banish Aches & Pains
- Healthy Heart: Keep Your Cardiovascular System Healthy & Fit at Any Age
- Super Power Breathing: For Super Energy, High Health & Longevity
- The Miracle of Fasting: Proven Throughout History for Physical, Mental, & Spiritual Rejuvenation
- Vegetarian Health Recipes: For Super Energy & Long Life to 120!
- Water: The Shocking Truth That can Save Your Life
A – Z Health Resources
- Bible Cure Series (Don Colbert, MD)
- Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Health Care Professions 2nd Edition
- Food Allergies and Food Intolerance: The Complete Guide to Their Identification and Treatment
- Pat Crocker’s Recipe and DIY Series (Including How to Preserve, Healing Herbs, Juicing Bible, Smoothie Bible, etc.)
- Prescription for Nutrition Healing
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
- The Encyclopedia of Medical Breakthroughs and Forbidden Treatments
- The Herbal Medicine-Maker’s Handbook: A Home Manual
- Truth About Cancer: The Quest for the Cure
Other Biblical Health Resources
- Dr. Z’s Morning Refill: One-Minute Pick-Me-Up for the Soul Devotional
- Dave Ramsey’s Complete Guide to Money: The Handbook of Financial Peace University
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- My Utmost for His Highest
- Power of Prayer Series (Stormie Omartian)
- Supernatural Childbirth
- The Bait of Satan, 20th Anniversary Edition: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense
- The Bondage Breaker®: Overcoming *Negative Thoughts *Irrational Feelings *Habitual Sins
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Torrey’s How to Pray
- Torrey’s New Topical Textbook
- Torrey’s The Power of Prayer
- Victory Over the Darkness: Realize the Power of Your Identity in Christ
Thank you for visiting this collection of Bible verses about healing Scriptures and special products that can help you enjoy Abundant Life! We welcome your questions and comments below!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and as a survivor myself, and the mother of two daughters, my prayer is that this awful disease would be eradicated in my lifetime and that my daughters would never have to experience what I went through in battling this deadly disease. Certainly medical intervention was key to my healing process, and God led me to some of the best surgeons and oncologists in Calgary for my treatment, but it was God’s Word that brought me that “peace that surpasses understanding”. Good friends sent me daily scripture to encourage me, and each day in the Word was a balm to my soul. Here are some key verses that ministered to me then and continue to minister to me today!
Matthew 7:7-11 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”
Proverbs 4:20-22 “My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.”
Mark 2:8-12 “Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, “Why are you thinking these things? Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” So he said to the man, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, “We have never seen anything like this!”
Psalm 103:2-4 “Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion.”
Mark 11:23-26 “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”
Luke 17:11-19 “Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!” When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed. One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan. Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”
John 9:1-7 “As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes. “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.”
John 15:7 “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”
Acts 14:8-10 “In Lystra there sat a man who was lame. He had been that way from birth and had never walked. He listened to Paul as he was speaking. Paul looked directly at him, saw that he had faith to be healed and called out, “Stand up on your feet!” At that, the man jumped up and began to walk.”
James 5:14-15 “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.”
Exodus 15:26 “He said, “If you listen carefully to the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you.”
Matthew 9:20-22 “Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak. She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.” Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment.”
Psalm 107:19-21 “Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.”
Exodus 23:25 “Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.”
Mark 16:18 “…they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
Psalm 30:2 “Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.”
Matthew 8:8 “The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.”
Isaiah 53:4-5 “Surely he took up our pain and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.”
Psalm 41:2-3 “The Lord protects and preserves them—they are counted among the blessed in the land—he does not give them over to the desire of their foes. The Lord sustains them on their sickbed
and restores them from their bed of illness.”
Jeremiah 17:14 “Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.”
Matthew 9:35 “Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.”
Psalm 147:3 “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”
1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
2 Chronicles 7:14 “… if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
Revelation 21:4 “‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
And lastly an extra passage that I clung to throughout my journey with cancer. On the Sunday after my diagnosis Henry Blackaby was speaking in our church and he encouraged me to share it with my church family and then prayed for me. My daughter printed out this passage for me and had it framed so that on some of the toughest days of my treatment I could turn to it and be encouraged.
Isaiah 38:10-20 “I said, “In the prime of my life must I go through the gates of death and be robbed of the rest of my years?” I said, “I will not again see the Lord himself in the land of the living; no longer will I look on my fellow man, or be with those who now dwell in this world. Like a shepherd’s tent my house has been pulled down and taken from me. Like a weaver I have rolled up my life, and he has cut me off from the loom; day and night you made an end of me. I waited patiently till dawn, but like a lion he broke all my bones; day and night you made an end of me. I cried like a swift or thrush, I moaned like a mourning dove. My eyes grew weak as I looked to the heavens. I am being threatened; Lord, come to my aid!”
But what can I say? He has spoken to me, and he himself has done this. I will walk humbly all my years because of this anguish of my soul. Lord, by such things people live; and my spirit finds life in them too. You restored me to health and let me live. Surely it was for my benefit
that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back. For the grave cannot praise you, death cannot sing your praise;
those who go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness. The living, the living—they praise you, as I am doing today; parents tell their children about your faithfulness. The Lord will save me, and we will sing with stringed instruments all the days of our lives in the temple of the Lord.”
All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide. www.zondervan.com The “NIV” and “New International Version” are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office by Biblica, Inc.™
When God created the earth it was a perfect place. Then he created humans and put them in a perfect garden with everything they needed to be happy and healthy. He gave them one command: Don’t eat from that tree in the middle of the garden. Then the man and woman decided to do exactly what God told them not to do: eat from that tree. From that time humans have been suffering from the effects of sin. One of those effects is bad health. The good news is that God not only allows us to get sick, He also left us reminders of how faithful He is to heal in His time, when He wills. I am thankful that we can count on the Great Physician to heal us when we are sick. Take a look at these twelve Scriptures for healing.
Jesus Promises Healing
Jesus told His disciples that He will do as they ask. He reminds them that their Father in Heaven cares for them just as our earthly father cares for us.
Matthew 7:7-11 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!”
Jesus warns that unforgiveness in a man’s heart will hinder the prayer for healing.
Mark 11:23-26 “Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
Jesus reminds his disciples that the gift of healing was given to the Apostles as a sign to the unbeliever. Our prayers for healing will show unbelievers that our God is the Healer even today.
Mark 16:18 “And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Jesus promises that when we maintain our relationship with Him and we remember that He is the One who heals, He will do it.
John 15:7 “If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.”
Models for How to Pray
Jesus was speaking in His Sermon on the Mount when He gave some guidelines for how we should pray. Here is what He said to the disciples just before He taught then the Lord’s Prayer:
Matthew 6:5-8 “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.”
James was writing to the twelve Jewish tribes that were scattered throughout the land. He was encouraging them to pray for one another. This is a good example of how the Church can pray for healing in a corporate way.
James 5:14-15 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
Examples of People Who Were Healed:
Matthew 9:20-22 And behold, a woman who had suffered from a discharge of blood for twelve years came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, for she said to herself, “If I only touch his garment, I will be made well.” Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, “Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And instantly the woman was made well.
Mark 2:8-12 And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they thus questioned within themselves, said to them, “Why do you question these things in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise, take up your bed and walk’? But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he said to the paralytic— “I say to you, rise, pick up your bed, and go home.” And he rose and immediately picked up his bed and went out before them all, so that they were all amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”
Luke 17:11-19 On the way to Jerusalem he was passing along between Samaria and Galilee. And as he entered a village, he was met by ten lepers, who stood at a distance and lifted up their voices, saying, “Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.” When he saw them he said to them, “Go and show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went they were cleansed. Then one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice; and he fell on his face at Jesus’ feet, giving him thanks. Now he was a Samaritan. Then Jesus answered, “Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine? Was no one found to return and give praise to God except this foreigner?” And he said to him, “Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well.”
John 9:1-7 As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” Having said these things, he spit on the ground and made mud with the saliva. Then he anointed the man’s eyes with the mud and said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which means Sent). So he went and washed and came back seeing.
Acts 9:40-42 But Peter put them all outside, and knelt down and prayed; and turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up. And he gave her his hand and raised her up. Then calling the saints and widows, he presented her alive. And it became known throughout all Joppa, and many believed in the Lord.
Acts 14:8-10 Now at Lystra there was a man sitting who could not use his feet. He was crippled from birth and had never walked. He listened to Paul speaking. And Paul, looking intently at him and seeing that he had faith to be made well, said in a loud voice, “Stand upright on your feet.” And he sprang up and began walking.
The Bible is so full of healing Scriptures. Please share yours in the comments below. Also, don’t forget the listen the the video in the upper right of this page, Michael W. Smith sings Healing Rain.
Resources: The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. “Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” Youtube.com “Healing Rain” by Michael W. Smith
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |
Bible verses for surgery
Having gone into surgery twice I know it can be a scary time not only for you, but for your family as well. Rest assure that God is in control of the situation. Keep your mind on Christ and your mind will be at peace.
Before surgery, look over these Scriptures to give you comfort and draw near to the Lord in prayer.
Tell the Lord all that is on your mind. Leave it all in God’s hands. Ask the Holy Spirit to comfort you. Trust that you are secure in our omnipotent God.
- “Let your faith be bigger than your fears.”
- “Nothing can shake those who are secure in god’s hands.”
- “The perfect cure for worry is trust in god.”
1. 2 Timothy 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2. Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you! Don’t be frightened, for I am your God! I strengthen you–yes, I help you–yes, I uphold you with my saving right hand!
3. Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
4. Psalm 23:3-4 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
Put it into God’s hands
5. 2 Corinthians 1:9 We felt we were doomed to die and saw how powerless we were to help ourselves; but that was good, for then we put everything into the hands of God, who alone could save us, for he can even raise the dead.
6. Psalm 138:8 The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever– do not abandon the works of your hands.
What does the Bible say?
7. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.
8. Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
9. Psalm 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
10. Psalm 91:14-15 “Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name. “He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.
Prayer before surgery
11. Philippians 4:6-7 Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
12. 1 Peter 5:7 Turn all your anxiety over to God because he cares for you.
13. Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.
14. Psalm 50:15 Call on me in times of trouble. I will rescue you, and you will honor me.
15. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
16. Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.
17. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths smooth.
18. Psalm 9:10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
19. Psalm 71:5 For You are my hope; O Lord GOD, You are my confidence from my youth.
20. Jeremiah 30:17 But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the LORD, because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.
21. 2 Corinthians 4:17 For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison.
22. Psalm 91:11 For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go.
23. Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
24. 1 Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
25. Mark 5:34 And he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace. Your suffering is over.”
Psalm 121:3 He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.