by Sharon (Arizona)
Please pray for this precious little girl.
Please Lord we ask that you heal Hope, that you come into her and take away illness, pain, or any fears associated with her cancer.
Lord we beg you to spare this child any suffering. Please Lord guide this family let them feel your amazing power and grace, bestow upon them the love, faith and guidance they will need to conquer these trials, we praise you Lord.
In Jesus name Amen
Thank you everyone who prays this prayer!
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer For a Sick Child”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Please pray for Kay- Please Kay for a full healing and recovering for my neighbor Kay. Thank you. …
- Zoey- Lord I pray for Healing and strength for my daughter Zoey joy… …
- Delivery Complications – Infant Health- Heal our new born baby of suspected Brain Injury/Damage. Make her stronger and healthier again as other healthy babies. In the name of Jesus. …
- Get well soon- My niece is affected with Wilson…. She is in ICU 🙁 We need to pray for her. …
- My son needs your prayers- Please pray for my son who is 13 years old Param who is mot well since yesterday . He vomited today in the morning two… …
- Unborn baby boy- Please pray for my unborn baby boy Mikhail I’m 21 weeks pregnant and I found out he has clubfoot…I’m so sad and devastated and I… …
- Guidance- My daughter is a newborn and fighting for her life . She is on a breathing ventilator doctors have done all they can and we’re… …
- Healing from stroke- Please pray for my son Brian who at 37 suffered a hemrological stroke After brain surgery. He lost right side mobility and speech. He needs… …
- My daughter’s health- My daughter is studying abroad and is experiencing arthritic-like symptoms in her hands and forearms for the last 2-3 weeks. Please pray that she gets… …
- Spitual battle- I am an addict. I can’t seem to quit. Also, my husband and I are not having good relations. We understand each other. At the… …
- Healing prayers- Please pray for my daughter’s healing. …
- Sickle Cell Disease- Lord I come to you as humble as I no to please pray for my niece with Sickle Cell Disease. …
- Prayer for the sick- Oh Lord God I pray for my son and daughter to heal. Heal them completely oh Lord, your the most powerful above all things in… …
- Prayer for mental illness- Please pray for my son.He is suffering mental illness and is convinced someone is out to get him.I didn’t raise him like this.it just happened.I… …
- My kids- Father God, I’m asking for healing upon my son. Lord I’m asking that you allow his little body to endure the horrible pain he’s in.… …
- My family- please pray my ADHD child can be better behaved. The Internet is really difficult to take away. I need my child to learn the bible! …
- We need a miracle- My 6 month baby boy was diagnosed with a rare disease that gives him a very minimum chance of him walking. Please pray for him… …
- Austim- Dear God I’m praying for my son to be healed today.l believe you can take his sorrows away from him.God put your hands on him… …
- My daughter- My daughter had been suffering from headaches and neck pain for almost 3 plus years now we been there one doctors after another and no… …
- Surgery for baby- My friend’s six months old granddaughter is having open heart surgery on January 22 to repair a defect. I am praying for the baby of… …
More prayers posted in: Children
“God will take care of everything you need.” (Philippians 4:19 The Message)
How do we trust that God will take care of us as He does the birds and the trees? Believing God’s Word will fan the flame of our faith as we live it out in hard circumstances. When the ache of the unknown looms in front us as we place our lives in the hands of surgeons, prayer gives peace to our hearts and physically tired bodies. Use this prayer for yourself, or with friends and family before heading into surgery.
A Prayer for Surgery
Father, praise You for this life. As we prepare for surgery to the body You have given us, many things flow into our minds and out of our hearts as we lie in wait. Yet, You reassure us in Exodus 15:26: “I am the Lord who heals you.”
We have an end picture in our minds as to what “healed” looks like for us, and desperately look to You for assurance that our lives and our pain will be healed. You are above all, see all, know all, and are capable of healing all. When Jesus walked the earth, He healed by the touch of His hand and the sound of His voice. We pray to feel Your healing hand upon us, Lord, and hear Your voice of peace and tranquility boom over the loud pain that throbs through our minds and bodies.
Thank You for a life that is valuable to us and to those around us. We are worth enough to worry about, and thankful enough for the life we’ve been blessed with on this earth to covet our return to it and full restoration of it. With grateful hearts we come to You in praise for the gift of being able to trod this earth and experience Your love.
Forgive us, Father, for doubting our purpose on earth. We confess just how often we run from what You are calling us to do because we feel it is too hard. And now, as we await the outcome of surgery, we feel compelled to reach back and grab every opportunity that has ever passed us by to walk behind Your Son in pursuit of Your will for our lives. Please forgive our disobedience, and lack of respect for Your timing and Your plans. Help us to place our current and future ambitions on bringing You glory, and the love of Your Son to all who know us.
Father, we trust You with our lives. For You promise us: “Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me.” (Psalm 30:2)
Bless the surgeons and medical staff that will operate on us. Be with them and equip them to be extensions of Your healing hand. Remain present with me, Lord, even when I fall asleep from the pain medication. Help me to feel Your presence, and remember that You are always with me. Never leaving. Always faithful. Loving me more than I’m capable of understanding.
And now for the hardest part: Truly trusting the outcome of my life in Your hands. For it’s when our plans for healing don’t look the same as Yours that we become frustrated, and faith threatens to pull out of our hearts. Doubt can seep in through the cracks in unexpected circumstances. In those moments, Lord Jesus, strengthen us to remember You. Your ways are not our ways, because only You can claim true love for us. Only You know what is perfect and just in the daily happenings of our lives. Our time here is so fleeting, but our belief in You, Jesus, sets us apart and ensures us life everlasting. Pain free and full of peace.
Help us to hold on to that belief. To hold onto You. As we travel this road of uncertainty, send Your Holy Spirit to inspire our heart’s memory of Your sweet words of promise. Help us to recall and repeat the promises You have given us through Your Word. Be with our families and friends as they worry and wonder what the outcome will be. Inspire Your love in their hearts and assure them that my life is in Your hands.
Father, let all who know me witness my peace in this process, and know that it is from You. Thank You for life, God. Bless and heal me today through this surgery. Whether You bring me through these ailments to restore me upright on this earth, or take me through to You, I trust You… today, and always. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
What are you facing today that we can join in praying for healing and peace over? Join our large praying community in the comments below.
Photo credit: ©Thinkstock/AtnoYdur
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for the SickMiracle PrayerPrayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidancePrayers for My HusbandPrayers for My SonPrayers for My Daughter
Life has never been promised to be easy, and as we get older or go through accidents we sometimes have to go through certain medical procedures or even surgery. Some of these are minor fixes and some are extremely serious undertakings. Are you or maybe someone you know going through a procedure soon? One thing must be done here. Pray! Give these situations to God and trust in Him through it all. Here are 7 sample prayers before surgery or medical procedure.
Minor Bump In The Road
I come to you with a simple prayer. I am Your child and I love You. Thank you for Your grace and mercy on me. Father, I’m going to get stiches put in and I know this is not a huge deal. But, I still pray that the procedure will go quickly and as pain free as possible. May Your name be praised and glorified through it all. Amen
The fire really did a number on me. I am scared for this surgery, Lord. Will the doctors be able to make me look like me again? I’m scared of the outcome, Lord, and that is why I need Your peace so badly right now. Help me through this and hold my hand. I need You, God. Thank You always for the many blessings You lavish on me. You are such a loving God! I love You! Amen
My upcoming surgery is a step above minor but nothing to be too worried about. But I have anxiety because they have to make me sleep first with gas. This sounds crazy, but I’m afraid I won’t wake up. I’ve heard stories about people not waking up. I don’t know if these are really true, but I’m still scared. Father, help me to be calm and at peace through this. I pray that the anesthesiologist will be 100% accurate and give me only what I need to sleep. I’m nervous, Lord. Help me to be strong. I love You! Amen
This Is Serious
You know the problems my son has and the brain surgery he is about to go through is huge! He could be healed through this, but I am a wreck! One tiny wrong move from the surgeon could make my boy worse. Lord, I pray for Your peace on me and my boy. I pray for the surgeon. I pray that You would guide his hands skillfully and accurately so that this is a success! I am hopeful, but I need Your presence with me. I need You in all things, Lord! I love You! Amen
I’m The Surgeon
Dear Heavenly Father,
Today I have a big surgery coming up. Lord, I don’t want to mess this up and I need You to guide my hands. I need You to be with me every single step of the way. This woman is committing her life to my hands while she is under and I want her to have full confidence in me just as I have in You, Lord. I know my job well, but I never want to take it for granted. Keep me focused and alert, Lord, as I help fix what is broken. Thank You for Your love and grace, Lord. Amen
Is This Really Happening?
Everything was great. Every ultrasound has been perfect. Our little one in the womb has been growing perfectly as we are waiting for his arrival into the world. Lord, the doctors are saying that if emergency surgery is not done then my wife will die in delivery. But, our baby has only been in the womb for 22 weeks. Delivering him now is most definitely a death sentence. Lord, I have never been more afraid in my life! My wife is 2nd to You and I love her unconditionally. Lord, I don’t want to see her leave, not yet. Father, doctors have been wrong before and I pray that You prove them wrong now as my wife and I have decided that surgery just isn’t an option. We pray for a miracle. We pray that when this is all over that our baby will be delivered healthy and happy and that my wife will be perfectly fine. May You use this as an opportunity to showcase Your glory in this situation. I will proclaim Your name to the staff there, so that they know You made this amazing miracle happen! Please hear this prayer! I need You and love You! Amen
Daddy is on his way to the hospital. He’s suffered a heart attack. I have no idea if he will survive this one. He’s had 2 in the last year and they aren’t getting any better. Lord, I love my daddy, but he is suffering so much at the same time. I just want for him to be in Heaven pain free, jumping and running around with glee. But my selfish side wants him here. My kids love grandpa and I haven’t had the courage to talk with them about his recent attacks. Lord, may Your will be done in this because I trust in You just like my daddy. If surgery can save him again then I pray that would happen. But, if he goes to be with You, I will know for certain that he will be happy walking side by side with Jesus. Lord, this is so tough. Be with me and my family. We need You now more than ever. May You be glorified in whatever the outcome. I love You! Amen
These are only 7 of many different possibilities for a surgery/medical procedure. Whether it is a minor or major operation, go to God with it all. Trust in Him. Lean on Him. Never take your eyes off of Him. May God continue to bless you as you live a life worthy of the calling.
Take a look at some more prayers, also by Derek: 6 Prayers for the Sick
Would you like to get the daily question in your FB messenger? Just click the button below to get started.
Share this post
: | | | |