Here is a collection of Prayers for Meetings of any kind: Business meetings, Sunday school meetings, church or family meetings, and prayer meetings.
Opening Prayer for Meeting
Lord, we are meeting today to conduct matters
of business. Guide our hearts and our minds in the
spirit of fairness, right thought and speech. Impart your
supreme wisdom upon our activities so that our affairs
may reach a successful conclusion. Thank you for being
our source of guidance today. Amen!
Read our full collection of Opening and Closing Prayers
Prayer to Come to an Agreement
Dear God, we seek your help with our affairs today.
Bless this meeting with your divine intelligence, and
help us to make the best use of our own. We are
of diverse opinion here. Yet we wish to mend our
differences and reach agreement satisfactory to all.
Please share a little of your wisdom with us to help
us do right by all concerned. Thank you for your
Heavenly blessing. Amen!
Sunday School Meeting
O God, we thank You for this privilege of meeting
today in Your house. Help us worship You
acceptably. Bless Your word to us all.
Bless our pastor and people, in the name
of Your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.!
School Board Meeting Prayer
Loving and Gracious God, you are indeed the giver of all good gifts
and we thank you today for all your blessings, for the successful outcomes
of our school events and for all our staff members, both the teaching and
We ask that you bless them abundantly and we continue to seek your wisdom,
guidance, courage and strength. Be with us in our deliberations and help us
to be wise in the decisions we make for the good of all those who have placed
their trust and confidence in our leadership.
Give us insight to lead with integrity that our decisions may reflect what is
right and good. Keep us from short-sightedness and pettiness. Help us to make
decisions that are for the good of all and guard us from blind self interest.
Dear Lord, grant us the humility to always seek your will in all that we do and say.
All Glory be to you, loving God, now and always through Christ and the Holy Spirit
forever and ever. Amen.
Hosting a prayer meeting? Check out these great Prayer Meeting Ideas.
Family Meeting Prayer
Our family gathers today in joyous occasion,
thanks to our Lord who looks after us all.
Bless this happy meeting and may we all
be praised in Your gracious name!
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Meetings”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Meeting Boss- O Lord Jesus Christ, I pray for Thy intentions regarding my meeting with my employer Jason Allen Alexander so that he pays me salary. Amen. …
- Prayer- God bless sporting, chambering, the manner of as the earth with my friends and I and sisters in all the churches in the town I… …
- Prayer for my son’s to meet good women- Please pray for my son’s to meet good women who will change their lives for the better and make them happy. In the name of… …
- Prayer for my son’s to meet good women- Please pray that my son’s will meet good women who will change their lives for the better and make them happy. …
- Breakthrough for church growth and personal- Lord I pray for a supernatural growth in our church from this day forth. Let Your holy and loving presence fall on all those who… …
- Career guidance- I pray for God’s guidance and favour as embark on career development. May my goals be achieved, may I make the correct decisions, may God’s… …
- My marriage in falling apart- I’m really worried an extremely emotional for the past eight and a half years on my marriage to John Visconti it’s never been a normal… …
- Finding love- Lord help me bear the weight of solitude and loneliness. Give purpose to my life and courage to see the good things around me. My… …
- Perseverence- I have a meeting with my department boss tomorrow. My relationship with prior person who held that position seemed better for whatever reason(s). I hope… …
- Relationship- Lord am in love with a man for 4 years and we were very happy with each other and suddenly something happened and now he… …
- Healthy Baby- Please keep my pregnant daughter in your hands. Fill her with love for the new baby and bring prosperity to this little family. Thank you! …
- Ministry in Egypt- Pray for Our Ministry in Egypt , Our Ministry name is (New Seasons) our Ministry meeting every Saturday , Pray for The Holy Spirit Presence… …
- Special Silent Request- God would arrange a meeting for someone I have been praying for–would love to see what God has been doing in this families life: if… …
- Praying request for my VISA interview- Hi Brother/Sister, Kindly pray for my VISA interview results to be positive for my US work permit. and for my mother’s health Thanks …
- God’s Favour- I have a meeting with the financial advisor at the college I was accepted into and I would like if some of you would pray… …
- Marriage need saving- My husband is a person who fusses about everything and always talks mean to me each day, I never fuss or talk harsh to him… …
- For my life- Please, God helps you know about my life. I need this house to help to find something the end of this month. I need husbands… …
- Friendship- I pray for a true friendship. I pray for a friend for my mother in law Lorraine. She is lonely and needs a new friend… …
- Courage to fellowship- Heavenly Father I need resources or specific help from you to stop letting fear take me from Your will for my life. I need more… …
- Relationship- Dear God please help me I had to take a CAT scan with contrast and can you please let my results being negative I just… …
More prayers posted in: Meetings
When closing a meeting, thanking God for his continued protection and inspiration is just one way to end a bible study or meeting. Here is a look at some great opening and closing prayers for meetings that will help encourage your continued commitment and dedication to the Lord.
Lord, as we gather today at this meeting we ask that You will be in our midst. Help us to make decisions that will be pleasing to You. Help us to be able to discuss the matters at hand in a reasonable way, and to be willing to give up having our own way.
God let this meeting be productive and, as should be the case in all areas of our lives, help us to keep You at the forefront of our minds
as we do the work set before us.
Jesus as we gather together to learn about You, may You meet us here. Help all of the teachers to be able to answer the questions posed, and help all of the children listen and retain what they hear.
Help the students to be attentive, and the teachers to be patient. May the lessons that are taught help to instill righteousness in these children, and may the seeds planted here continue to guide them throughout their lives.
You, O God, are my strength, my patience, my light and my counsel. It is you who make responsive to me the students confided to my care. Abandon me not to myself for one moment.
For my own conduct and for that of my students, grant me the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of knowledge and piety, the spirit of holy fear of you, and an ardent zeal to procure your glory.
I unite my efforts to those of Jesus Christ, the master teacher, and I beg all saints in Heaven to assist me in the exercise of my teaching ministry.
O God of truth, prepare our minds To hear and heed your holy word; Fill every heart that longs for you With your mysterious presence, Lord. Almighty Father, with your Son And blessed Spirit, hear our prayer: Teach us to love eternal truth And seek its freedom everywhere.
As we close this meeting, Lord, we want to give honor to You. Thank You, God, for the time we had today to discuss issues and make decisions.
May You bless each person who took the time to gather here today and let Your hand of protection be on them throughout the rest of the week.
Let the work done here tonight come to fruition, and let it all be for Your glory. Help us each to do our parts to bring the plans discussed to life.
God we thank You for meeting us here tonight, and for delivering Your Word through the speaker. May each soul in this place have been touched through the songs and the preaching, and may each take to heart the Word that came forth.
We pray that those seeking an answer received it, and that those who needed a special touch were granted that touch. Bless each of us and keep us safe until we are able to gather together again.
In Jesus’ name we pray.
Go forth in peace, for you have followed the good road. Go forth without fear, for God who created You has made you holy, has always protected you, and loves you as a mother.
Every prayer we have prayed
Every song we have sung
All the things we have learned
All the laughter and fun
Thank you for all the joy you bring
And our wonderful times together
May we walk with you as each new day begins
This day and forever
Father, thank you for all the marvelous things you have done today.
Thank you for your love that you have revealed to us,
And for the love that we share together as your body.
We pray for all the words you have sown into people’s hearts today.
Watch over them, protect them.
May they take root and produce wonderful things,
Things of beauty and great blessings to many.
And as we leave this place now, thank you that you walk with us.
May we be alert to your promptings
And live in your endless love.
For yours is the kingdom, the power and glory
In this age and forevermore.
Bless us as we meet together,
dear Lord we pray.
Bless the singing of your praise,
the reading of your Word,
the sharing of our fellowship,
the prayers that will be heard.
Bless us as we meet together,
dear Lord we pray.
Here is one example of a closing prayer performed by Wesley students at the United Methodist Campus Ministry.
About the Author of this Blog Post Crystal Ayres has served as our editor-in-chief for the last five years. She is a proud veteran, wife and mother. The goal of ConnectUs is to publish compelling content that addresses some of the biggest issues the world faces. If you would like to reach out to contact Crystal, then go here to
send her a message
It’s Monday. Most of us have meetings to go to today or later this week. Here is a prayer before a meeting. It’s published on the St. Louis University Prayerbook, a site where members of the SLU community share prayers.
Heavenly Father, we come to you today asking for your guidance, wisdom, and support as we begin this meeting. Help us to engage in meaningful discussion; allow us to grow closer as a group and nurture the bonds of community. Fill us with your grace, Lord God, as we make decisions that might affect the students, staff, faculty, alumni and friends of Saint Louis University. And continue to remind us that all that we do here today, all that we accomplish, is for the pursuit of truth for the greater glory of You, and for the service of humanity. We ask these things in your name, Amen.
For other prayers on this site, see the Prayers by St. Ignatius and Others.