May these relationship prayers help you to build a full, healthy, and warm relationship with your significant other, or help you find romance.
We also provide links for prayers to help you with other relationships.
Prayer to Heal a Relationship
“Almighty God, hear this prayer.”
Dear Lord, I offer you this prayer, to help me with my current relationship situation. Please take away all the pain and hurt in my heart. Fill it with love, joy, patience, and understanding.
Bless me and my partner, so that we may never surrender to whatever challenges that come our way. Fill our hearts with love for each other, and may you make each one of us realize each other’s worth. Please touch the heart of my partner,fill it with much love for me.
Make our complicated relationship become uncomplicated. I seek for your mercy and blessing that you may allow us to spend the rest of our lives with each other. Please make this feeling mutual for both of us. Lead us not into temptations. Guide us wherever we go. Always put us in each other’s heart and mind. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer.
I love you. Amen.
Table of contents
- 1 Rekindling a Relationship
- 2 Prayers for Finding Love
- 3 Scripture About Relationships and Love
- 4 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayer for Relationship and Prayer Request”
- 5 Recent prayer requests…
- 6 Guide and direct our relationship
- 7 Draw us closer
- 8 Bond us together
- 9 Original Prayers
- 10 Relationship Prayer Types
- 11 Example of a Prayer for Relationships
Rekindling a Relationship
Miscommunication in a Marriage
Dear Lord, you know what path I am on right now and that I am in agony. I am having a disharmony in my married life. You have instituted marriage since You found that it is not good for man to be alone.
I deeply believe that You have given me this person to love and to hold for the rest of my days. The Bible has taught me that a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Come and be with us, Lord, for only You can make two broken hearts understand each other. You are the King of Peace and I know You are able to change any sad situation in my life.
Father, I know it is Your will that we should lead a loving and peaceful life with one another. Hear me, dear god, to fill us both with more love and to understand each other better to bring unity to our relationship. Help me become more understand to my partner’s needs and feelings.
Grant me wisdom that I may know how to deal with this unlikely situation so I can build a house in Your glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, O Lord. Amen.
Read: Prayers for Forgiveness
Prayer for Family Unity
Dear God, thank you for the gift of family that you have given me. You know my heart hurts because of the disharmony in my family. I have lost my peace and my health because of the messy situation in our home.
I have no one to turn to but You, Lord. You alone can understand the hearts of Your followers as You have created each and every one of us. Only You can bring together the hearts of Your men together. Help me forgive other family members, O Lord. Let my family not defile Your name by this disunity. Help us forgive one another of the mistakes we have done to each other and bring us back together in Your name, Father God.
Fill each one of us with your love and understand so we can fully exalt Your name in glory. I know that you will bring back the peace and unity that was once present in our home. I ask this in the precious name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Prayers for Finding Love
Finding someone to love can be difficult. This prayer will help guide you on the path to true love.
Prayer to Find a Companion
“Almighty God, hear this prayer.”
Almighty God, hear this relationship prayer.
As You are first in my heavenly heart and mind and spirit,
so do I desire a companion for my earthly heart and mind and being.
Guide me to the partner You know is perfect for me.
Help me walk in faith until that time of our first meeting.
Show me how I can become a partner worthy of love.
Then guide me through every stage of our relationship, so that,
as we move ever closer to You, we grow closer to each other in Love, in Joy, and in Faith.
Thank You God, for hearing my prayer.
Prayer to Find a Life Partner
Heavenly Father, You created this world and all its inhabitants. You found that man is not good to be alone. I pray this to You, O Lord, that I am in need of a partner for my life.
You have showed us in the Bible that finding the right partner made numerous couples live a happy life. Bless me, Father, that I may build a family like theirs. I believe, Lord, that You do not deny Your children their joy and happiness.
I pray that the loneliness in my heart will be gone soon. I pray this to You, O Lord. Amen.
Scripture About Relationships and Love
“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”
See what the Bible has to say about it, check out these Bible Verses about Relationships, and Bible Verses about Love.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayer for Relationship and Prayer Request”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Salvation- That my grandson yields his life to the Lord, turns his life around. That he ends the relationship he is in (a much older woman… …
- Realtionship Restoration- Dear Lord please restore mine and my boyfriend relationship to back to normal. Forgive us for whatever we have done intentionally and unintentionally. Clean our… …
- Finacial release- Please pray that my relationship with Michael is loving and caring and protected and that he listens to me and respects my opinions and advice.… …
- Request for getting my love of life!- I like some one i really want to be with her, but i am not sure whether or not she will accept me when i… …
- Restore relationship- Please pray that Elizabeth will forgive me for hurting her and come back to the relationship. I miss her company and want her back. I… …
- Prayer for my relationship with my partner- Dear god, I ask you to help me save my relationship with me and Robert and communicate more and love one another and respect each… …
- Praying for a Miracle- I have been single for 6 months and I am going through a terrible trial recently. I have been under horrible spiritual attack but I… …
- Guide me let me know its your plan- Dear lord, I need you to send me where you want to be to be your will lord. I struggle with choices but you have already chosen… …
- Make my relationship stronger- My current relationship of more than 3 years is going through a rough patch. I love my partner with all my heart and want us… …
- Pray for Matt- Please pray for our family. Let Matt get over his anger and hatred towards us and let us be reconciled. Give us peace of heart,… …
- Need Gone Forever- Needing prayers for my son, Juan, who is in a bad relationship with a drug addict and taking him with her. He needs to leave… …
- Good partner- Please pray for me that a good decent man will come into my life one who is dependable and honourable before I am much older.please… …
- Remove the complication- “Almighty God, hear this prayer” Dear God, I am sending out my prayer, asking for your help with my relationship situation. I have given away… …
- Love- I need to find love quickly. …
- For blessing the relationship with the man i love- Please pray that the relationship with the man i love grows fonder and the foundation becomes stronger for a bright future together. Thank you thank… …
- Reconciliation- Reconciliation, communication to begin between m and d. Removal of anger and fear. …
- My family- Lord, please heal my broken family, please heal my broken heart, please lead my family to salvation, please protect my husband and I. In Jesus’… …
- Love prayer- I’ve been having many problems with myself, crying when I see couples or even thinking about being in a relationship. It’s my only wish right… …
- Peace and Clarity- Lord please provide me with peace and clarity in my relationship. Help me to remain still while you work and to put my complete and… …
- Becaming a whole man- My relationship with my girlfriend after a year being because of my lying and My past of sexual assault from my brother and my post… …
More prayers posted in: Devotional
Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your grace which You so generously, and continuously, bless us with. You are worthy of all praise and all glory.
I lift my hands in humble worship and adoration. Bless and empower my words and thoughts today, O Lord that they may be pleasing to you, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Romans 12:9-10 Don’t just pretend that You love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.
1 Peter 4:8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.
Guide and direct our relationship
I pray that You continue to guide our footsteps and our lives as we walk in agreement, according to Your will.
I trust that our new relationship is a blessing from You, O Lord and I pray that You guide us and show us what we need to know.
Open the eyes of my heart, Father God, and reveal anything that is not of You. May I not go into this relationship love-blind but rather spirit-wise.
Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
Corinthians 6:14 “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”
Draw us closer
Bless our relationship and draw us both even closer to You and to your will for our lives. May I never be unequally yoked.
Lord, teach and guide us that we will always seek You first in everything we do. May our love be fill with genuine affection and may we honor each other at all times.
1 Peter 3:7 In the same way, You husbands must give honor to Your wives. Treat her with understanding as You live together. She may be weaker than You are, but she is Your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. If You don’t treat her as You should, Your prayers will not be heard.
Proverbs 31:10,11 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.
Bond us together
Bless our lives in our journey together and fill us with Your Glory. May we be bonded together, Lord, in the type of love Your Son Jesus showed on the cross.
Let our lives be a wonderful reflection of Your grace, as we abide in it forever. In Jesus’ name, I humbly pray, Amen.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
I offer you this prayer, to help me with my current relationship situation. Please take away all the pain and hurt in my heart. Fill it with love, joy, patience, and understanding. Bless me and my partner, so that we may never surrender to whatever challenges that come our way. Fill our hearts with love for each other, and may you make each one of us realize each other’s worth. Please touch the heart of my partner,fill it with much love for me. Make our complicated relationship become uncomplicated. I seek for your mercy and blessing that you may allow us to spend the rest of our lives with each other. Please make this feeling mutual for both of us. Lead us not into temptations. Guide us wherever we go. Always put us in each other’s heart and mind. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer. I love you. Amen.
Prayer to Find a Companion
Hi readers, it seems you use Catholic Online a lot; that’s great! It’s a little awkward to ask, but we need your help. If you have already donated, we sincerely thank you. We’re not salespeople, but we depend on donations averaging $14.76 and fewer than 1% of readers give. If you donate just $5.00, the price of your coffee, Catholic Online School could keep thriving. Thank you. Help Now >
Take the Prayer Trivia Quiz now!
Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2019 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Relationships can be tough and at times it can be difficult to know how to handle a situation. It may be that you don’t have anybody to turn to or perhaps you just don’t think anybody can offer you some legitimate advice. If that is the case, then it could be that you are in need of a relationship prayer. In this article we will explore how to carry out prayers for relationships. We’ll also look at the idea of a prayer for love and how this would differ from prayers for lovers or a prayer for someone you love. Of course this article will also give an example of such a prayer and show you how to construct your own prayers in the future.
A prayer isn’t just a bunch of random words you say. A prayer is supposed to come from deep within: It should be designed by your heart and your soul. A relationship prayer is no different. In fact, when discussing something as personal as a relationship, it is always best to look within yourself. You could go online and Google relationship prayer and simply copy the first one you see but would you feel good about yourself after doing that? Of course not! You know that whichever higher being you are praying to, they deserve a little more dedication. So let’s look at the different types of relationship prayer that you could use before moving on to an example.
Relationship Prayer Types
There are varying types of relationship prayer as not all relationships are husband and wife or mother and son. If you carry out a prayer for relationships or a prayer for someone you love, they could be very similar or potentially identical. However, prayers for lovers are likely to be something entirely different. Similarly, a prayer for love could simply mean love from family members or it could mean love in a romantic sense. It should be noted that praying won’t make someone fall in love with you. It can, however, lead to guidance that helps you find love or maybe even makes someone love you by finding common ground.
In the same sense, prayers for relationships aren’t going to magically fix a broken or breaking bond. It may be more accurate to describe it as a prayer for relationship guidance as that’s what most prayers lead to: guidance. Prayers aren’t like asking Santa for a present. It’s more like requesting a “how to” book at the library or reading the instructions on how to build a table. In most cases you will have to do the work yourself but just know that you won’t be doing it entirely alone.
Example of a Prayer for Relationships
Keep in mind that this is just an example. You can use it as a template if you’re really not sure how to carry out a prayer for relationship guidance but if you look within yourself, you will definitely find the wording you’re looking for.
Dear angels, I reach out to you now in search of knowledge, wisdom and guidance. My marriage has reached a bump in the road and nothing I do seems to be setting it on a path to recovery. I’m asking, not for a quick fix but rather for the guidance on how to resolve this issue to the best of my ability. There is still love in my heart and in the heart of my partner and the last thing I want is to lose that. I cannot describe how grateful I am for any and all help I receive from you. Amen!
So now you should have a rough idea of how to carry out such a prayer. Just remember that the answers are always within reach. Sometimes you just need a little guidance on how to find them.
Discover some more interesting articles from Padre:
- PRAYER FOR STRENGTH – A LOOK AT PRAYERS FOR STRENGTH AND GUIDANCE
- PRAYERS FOR MONEY – WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER CARRYING THEM OUT
- PRAYER FOR HEALING – HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN PRAYER FOR HEALING