Here, we offer a marriage prayer for those who are experiencing marital troubles. As humans, we are imperfect and that goes as well for the relationships we form.
It is right to ask God for help in troubled times.
Table of contents
Prayers to Help a Failing Marriage
From the beginning, God meant for man and woman to be together, joined in holy matrimony. It is not good than man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him. But, just because it is Gods will does not mean it is always easy.
Use this marriage prayer if you need Gods help and guidance to heal a failing marriage.
Prayer to Restore a Marriage
I come before you today with a heavy heart; my
marriage is in trouble, and I need your help.
Make changes in my spouse’s heart. Make us
compatible again, and bring us closer together.
Fill us with your love and give us the strength
to love one another, care for one another, and
fulfill your destiny for us.
Show us the harm caused by careless words,
and the pain caused by emotional distance.
Bring us together, like we once were. Show
us how to love one another again.
Heal the division between us. Make us one again.
In your name I pray, Amen.
Prayer to Reunite with Spouse
This is a prayer asking God for help reuniting with a husband or wife. Through lifes difficulties, God is always there to help guide the ones we love, back into our arms.
Prayer to bring Back Lost Love
Please pray that my heart’s desire be granted,
the return of the love of my life, my one true
love. I pray that my spouse may have
healed his wounds from the past and forgiven
all that has gone wrong.
Lord, help my husband (wife) be able to follow
his heart to his desire and love for me and
permanently return to me to be forever
reconciled as one, as husband and wife.
Scripture About Marriage
“And he said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.”
Click here to read more Bible Verses about Marriage
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Marriage Prayer”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayer for love and happiness in my life – Lord, I pray that you Bless me with love and happiness for the rest of my life. Bless me in my relationships with family and …
- Please pray that my husband comes back to me and stops divorce proceedings – Please dear Lord and St. Jude, I pray that my husband comes back to me and stops the divorce proceedings. I truly love him with …
- Reconciliation – Lord please reconcile our marriage. Please heal us, transform us into your likeness. Please give us our first love back to you and restore our …
- Restoration for my marriage – I pray to my Father God to restore in me and my husband, Eddie, a clean and righteous heart. My prayer is for us to …
- Restoration of my marriage – Please pray with me for the restoration of my broken marriage.
- Return my husband home – Dear Heavenly Father, I ask that you return my husband Nalvis Flores Bello to our marital home and marriage. I ask that you soften his …
- Return to me and the kids – I pray that my heart to be healed and my husband to come home to his family. I want our life to be stronger than …
- My Marriage – Lord, I need my family and marriage restored. I’m praying to save my husband and my family. I boldly stand to keep my marriage and …
- Save my marriage – I pray that the Lord saves my marriage from divorce. He covers my husband and me with his Armor and protects us with his power …
- Marriage restored – Dear father please restore my marriage and let my wife’s heart soften and give her strength to fight off the evil one and let us …
- Marriage Restoration – Pray for my marriage pls. Me and my husband are separated right now, lives in different states! I really need my husband to be together with …
- Pray for daughter’s marriage – Please pray for my daughter and her husband can heal her marriage. They are going thru a rough time right now and she said she …
- Marriage restoration – Lord, please let my husband come back to me his wife, let us reunite and live as one. Soften our hearts to start all over …
- Ministry – God give me a second chance as my husband left so I can find a man that will love me again.
- Marriage Restoration – I ask that you will please pray for me and our marriage. My husband Larry keeps in contact with his former lover Linda and it …
- Marriage – Please Almighty God and our,savior Jesus Christ I pray you can restore my marriage and heal my family. I Pray my husband will know that …
- Marriage – Holy father please bring my husband back please give me a second opportunity in my marriage I love and respect my husband. Please Lord
- Marriage – Please pray for my husband salvation and my marriage to be restored in Jesus name.
- Marriage – Please pray for my marriage… I’m expecting a break through with my husband….. That the Lord would minister to his heart to save our marriage…
- Overtaken by Anxiety – Need help with understanding and communication. Been married a long time. Growing apart with constant misunderstandings and arguments. Want to give up on us.
More prayers posted in: Marriage
Are you praying for a wife or a husband? The preceding marriage prayer is a suitable wedding prayer for you.
God is not only the Creator God but also the God who authored love and romance. The Scriptures begins and ends with marriage — of Adam and Eve and the Bridal body of Christ with Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God. And in-between the Old and New Testaments, godly men and women of the Bible tied the knot and
fulfilled God’s destiny for their lives together.
Marriage is more than a signed contract between a husband and his wife. It is a divine covenant with God as the third party. Marriage is a blood covenant being sealed when the hymen membrane in a woman is being broken and blood is shed for the first time during consummation. God has placed this institution in the society for married couples not only to procreate but to respond to His call to inhabit and take dominion over the earth and proclaim the gospel to the lost.
In this contemporary day and age, the original intent of God for marriage has slowly been forgotten because of the propensity of man towards divorce, legal separation, annulment, illicit co-habitation or living-in, homosexuality, sexual perversion, pornography, and fornication. Those in the Christian circles are not exempted from all these.
However, there are still Christian men and women who are keeping themselves pure and holy while waiting for the right and the best godly
Praying for a Wife
spouse for them. Many of these godly bachelors and bachelorettes have been praying for a wife or husband and fasting to seek the will of God for their lives. Perhaps, you are one of them—patiently waiting and eagerly expecting that one day, you will meet the one God has for you since the foundations of the world.
Do not lose hope because if God has placed a desire in your heart until now to marry a spouse, experience sexual intercourse, and bear children, then be assured that they can happen in God’s appointed time. Begin to pray wedding prayers for your future husband or wife everyday, blessing him and praying for his protection and goodwill. You may list down Bible verses to declare as prayers for him daily and thank the Lord for him even though he has not arrived yet in your life. Thank God in advance for him. You may listen to God for his specific qualities or character and pray them through.
Then, for the practical side of it, prepare yourself for your meeting and for the marriage you have so long been praying for. Take care of your body and make yourself presentable, neat, and clean because any moment could be the day that he will come. Become emotionally stable, mature, and strong in your spirit as marriage is not as easy as you think it will be. Organize your life and make preparations to become a wife or husband. Learn how to cook, clean, fix household stuff, work efficiently, and handle finances. The moment you prepare yourself seriously for marriage, perhaps the faster your spouse will appear before you.
Continue on praying for a spouse and allow the Holy Spirit to renew your mind with God’s Word daily and take control over your will, emotions, and heart. Guard your heart at all times as not all prospective men or women is the right one for you. It takes a strong discernment to know and to choose God’s best for your life. Do not settle for anything less. You will know the perfect spouse if you are attuned to the voice of God, rested in His presence, and know His perfect will. The result of love is beauty and life. If this person is imparting beauty and life in you and you are at peace, in joy, and excited then this can be God’s spouse for you.
It is important that you have an accountability partner like a trusted pastor or spiritual mentor or a close friend to consult with the matters of the heart. God is the one who gives a man his wife and He speaks to the man and woman that they are meant for each other and the biological and spiritual family in the church or ministry will confirm it.
You may have prayed many prayers before. You may use this prayer for marriage as a guide —
Our Father God, you know the deepest longings of my heart. How I yearn for someone to be with, to talk to, to love me, and to share my life with. I have spent countless nights crying out to you to bring the right person and ordain our meeting. Instill in him the sense of urgency to find me. Let him long for me as well and speak to him that it is me you have chosen for him. Prepare us now in all aspects of our lives and set us free from anything that binds, ensnares, entangles, and addicts us. Remove the wrong people from our lives and cut all our ungodly soul ties from our past relationships and even our emotional or romantic entanglements now with other persons. I ask You, Lord to mold us to be a responsible and committed spouse for each other that our marriage will last for as long as we live. I pray for him that You will protect my spouse and deliver him from all temptations. Give me to someone who will honor me and respect me, love me, cherish me, and take good care of me. I am praying for the best and right spouse for me, the one you planned for me to marry. Order our steps so that our paths will cross in Your beautifully ordained time. Orchestrate events for us to find each other. Keep us pure and holy at all times even when no one is watching because indeed You are. I bless my spouse that he will become who You called him to be. I bless his spirit, soul, and body to be whole. I plead the blood of Jesus over both of us and everything concerning us. Thank you Jesus for this desire to marry and the hope and excitement to enter into this sacred union with You. Have Your way, Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
God is our Husband and Maker. Accept His invitation to be the lover of your soul. Love God first and then when He knows that you are completely His, He will give you the man or woman of your dreams because by then God knows that He is your first love even though you have an earthly partner to share the rest of your life with. If you learn this, God will give you the desires of your heart because it is He who placed those desires as you delighted in Him. Every time you feel discouraged and hopeless about getting married, go back to this marriage prayer and be encouraged.
Here is another Prayer for a Husband for you.
Here are some other prayers that may be helpful to you
Jeremiah 29:11-13 Prayer
Prayer for Wisdom
Prayer of Faith