How many meetings do you conduct each month? Are you expected to lead an opening or closing devotion? Here are 20 devotions ready to use. Each devotion in this file is a two-sided pdf file. You can print the one side and distribute it to the participants while reading the devotional text provided on the numbered leader’s page.
Meditations written by Rev. Cecil H. Skibbe
Meditations adapted and devotional pages written by Rev. Marcus Jauss
Devotions for Church Meetings Full All 20 devotions
1. A Bit of Clay Anytime; Pentecost
2. A Taste of Life Time of trouble in congregation/community
3. A Thank You Will Do Thanksgiving; Celebrations
4. Benediction End of school/church/calendar year
5. Dashes January; to memorialize someone
6. Depend on the Lord July; Pentecost; time of difficulty
7. Have a Good Day…Unless Anytime; Pentecost; time of conflict
8. I Love You Jesus Anytime; Lent
9. Jesus is Lord Advent; Christmas; Lent
10. Keeping in Touch Anytime
11. Move Closer to the Light Start of school year; Advent; Lent
12. On Being Grateful Thanksgiving; on being spared disaster
13. Pray and Keep On Praying Anytime
14. Remember Your Baptism Lent; Easter; Pentecost
15. Stop! Look! Listen! Start of school year; Pentecost
16. That Little Gem Confirmation time; Anytime
17. The Difference that Made a Difference Advent; Christmas
18. The Touch of Jesus Lent; Advent; Christmas
19. Wait Three Days Easter
20. Wait Until You Get to the Corner Anytime; Time of difficult decisions
Once while Jesus was standing beside the lake of Gennesaret, and the crowd was pressing in on him to hear the word of God, he saw two boats there at the shore of the lake; the fishermen had gone out of them and were washing their nets. He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little way from the shore. Then he sat down and taught the crowds from the boat. When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into the deep water and let down your nets for a catch.” Simon answered, “Master, we have worked all night long but have caught nothing. Yet if you say so, I will let down the nets.” When they had done this, they caught so many fish that their nets were beginning to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them. And they came and filled both boats, so that they began to sink. But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Go away from me, Lord, for I am a sinful man!” For he and all who were with him were amazed at the catch of fish that they had taken; and so also were James and John, sons of Zebedee, who were partners with Simon. Then Jesus said to Simon, “Do not be afraid; from now on you will be catching people.” When they had brought their boats to shore, they left everything and followed him.
I once read this great illustration describing the task of fisherman, during the time of Jesus, as they prepared their nets for their next fishing expedition. I had never given much thought to the mundane task of preparing to fish. However, I realized that one of the most important skills of these fishermen was making and mending their nets. The nets were made of linen, thus, they had to be cleaned and dried each day, or they would rot and wear out. Therefore, much of the fisherman’s day was spent tending to these nets, in order to successfully catch fish.
I do not think it was a mistake that Jesus was drawn to fisherman, in his search for disciples. I mean, he could have found other carpenters like himself, but he did not. Instead, he chose fisherman, disciples that understood what it means to have the patience to undertake the mundane tasks, which may or may not reap instant benefits. If you think about it, the leadership of the Church today is much like those fishermen disciples. So much of our time is spent tending to the nets in order to fish for men. For example, preparing budgets, instituting programs, organizing Sunday School classes, and planning for Worship. These are tasks that are often forgotten when the net full of men, women and children are pulled into the boat of our Church.
As we prepare for our meeting tonight, let us remember that even Jesus understood the necessity of the tasks which others may think are mundane. Let us make, mend, and clean our nets with joyful hearts, knowing God is using our labor to fish for his people. Amen.
The Des Moines School Board meets regularly at 6:00 pm on the first and third Tuesdays of most months.
School Board meetings are held in the multi-purpose room on the 2nd floor of Central Campus, located at 1800 Grand Avenue in Des Moines.
In addition, the School Board holds special meetings and work sessions throughout the year as needed.
For additional information on School Board meetings, including upcoming agendas and past minutes, please visit the links to the right.
School Board Meeting Schedule 2018-19
|July 10||January 8|
|August 14||January 22|
|September 4||February 5|
|September 18||February 19|
|October 2||March 5|
|October 16||April 2|
|November 6||April 16|
|November 20||May 7|
|December 11||May 21|
Here is a collection of Prayers for Meetings of any kind: Business meetings, Sunday school meetings, church or family meetings, and prayer meetings.
Opening Prayer for Meeting
Lord, we are meeting today to conduct matters
of business. Guide our hearts and our minds in the
spirit of fairness, right thought and speech. Impart your
supreme wisdom upon our activities so that our affairs
may reach a successful conclusion. Thank you for being
our source of guidance today. Amen!
Read our full collection of Opening and Closing Prayers
Prayer to Come to an Agreement
Dear God, we seek your help with our affairs today.
Bless this meeting with your divine intelligence, and
help us to make the best use of our own. We are
of diverse opinion here. Yet we wish to mend our
differences and reach agreement satisfactory to all.
Please share a little of your wisdom with us to help
us do right by all concerned. Thank you for your
Heavenly blessing. Amen!
Sunday School Meeting
O God, we thank You for this privilege of meeting
today in Your house. Help us worship You
acceptably. Bless Your word to us all.
Bless our pastor and people, in the name
of Your Son Jesus Christ. Amen.!
School Board Meeting Prayer
Loving and Gracious God, you are indeed the giver of all good gifts
and we thank you today for all your blessings, for the successful outcomes
of our school events and for all our staff members, both the teaching and
We ask that you bless them abundantly and we continue to seek your wisdom,
guidance, courage and strength. Be with us in our deliberations and help us
to be wise in the decisions we make for the good of all those who have placed
their trust and confidence in our leadership.
Give us insight to lead with integrity that our decisions may reflect what is
right and good. Keep us from short-sightedness and pettiness. Help us to make
decisions that are for the good of all and guard us from blind self interest.
Dear Lord, grant us the humility to always seek your will in all that we do and say.
All Glory be to you, loving God, now and always through Christ and the Holy Spirit
forever and ever. Amen.
Hosting a prayer meeting? Check out these great Prayer Meeting Ideas.
Family Meeting Prayer
Our family gathers today in joyous occasion,
thanks to our Lord who looks after us all.
Bless this happy meeting and may we all
be praised in Your gracious name!
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Meetings”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Prayer for my son’s to meet good women- Please pray for my son’s to meet good women who will change their lives for the better and make them happy. In the name of… …
- Prayer for my son’s to meet good women- Please pray that my son’s will meet good women who will change their lives for the better and make them happy. …
- Breakthrough for church growth and personal- Lord I pray for a supernatural growth in our church from this day forth. Let Your holy and loving presence fall on all those who… …
- Career guidance- I pray for God’s guidance and favour as embark on career development. May my goals be achieved, may I make the correct decisions, may God’s… …
- My marriage in falling apart- I’m really worried an extremely emotional for the past eight and a half years on my marriage to John Visconti it’s never been a normal… …
- Finding love- Lord help me bear the weight of solitude and loneliness. Give purpose to my life and courage to see the good things around me. My… …
- Perseverence- I have a meeting with my department boss tomorrow. My relationship with prior person who held that position seemed better for whatever reason(s). I hope… …
- Relationship- Lord am in love with a man for 4 years and we were very happy with each other and suddenly something happened and now he… …
- Healthy Baby- Please keep my pregnant daughter in your hands. Fill her with love for the new baby and bring prosperity to this little family. Thank you! …
- Ministry in Egypt- Pray for Our Ministry in Egypt , Our Ministry name is (New Seasons) our Ministry meeting every Saturday , Pray for The Holy Spirit Presence… …
- Special Silent Request- God would arrange a meeting for someone I have been praying for–would love to see what God has been doing in this families life: if… …
- Praying request for my VISA interview- Hi Brother/Sister, Kindly pray for my VISA interview results to be positive for my US work permit. and for my mother’s health Thanks …
- God’s Favour- I have a meeting with the financial advisor at the college I was accepted into and I would like if some of you would pray… …
- Marriage need saving- My husband is a person who fusses about everything and always talks mean to me each day, I never fuss or talk harsh to him… …
- For my life- Please, God helps you know about my life. I need this house to help to find something the end of this month. I need husbands… …
- Friendship- I pray for a true friendship. I pray for a friend for my mother in law Lorraine. She is lonely and needs a new friend… …
- Courage to fellowship- Heavenly Father I need resources or specific help from you to stop letting fear take me from Your will for my life. I need more… …
- Relationship- Dear God please help me I had to take a CAT scan with contrast and can you please let my results being negative I just… …
- Prayers for better outcome with the toxic people in my daughters life- Father God, I pray it’s meaning for Ally today with Kathleen has a positive outcome. I pray that only stop playing her making fox accusations… …
- Keep Scholarship- Praying that my band Director has a change of heart and let me stay in the band. I will lose my 6 000 scholarship. I… …
More prayers posted in: Meetings