Bible verses: Psalm 27
Psalm 127:1-2, ”Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep”.
Everyone wants to receive God’s protection but not everyone pray before going to bed. Those who manage to pray before bedtime do it lackadaisically.
Unlike morning prayers, night prayers is very crucial. In the night hours, there are forces of darkness that walketh about to attack any soul whose spiritual life is weak
During the night hour, the angel of God also protect His children. The Bible says, give no place to the devil, resist the enemy and he will flee away from you completely (James 4:7).
If you pray before you go to bed and you discover that your spirit feel calm and peaceful after the prayers, then you are the one God is talking about in Psalm 34:7
”The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.”
Prayers before going to bed might not necessarily be a midnight prayers but some selected prayers you take while on the bed or elsewhere.
A woman received a very strange attack in the night because she forgot to pray before she went back to bed. I want to challenge you today.
If you have not been praying before going to bed, or you discover that you have backslide, stand up and challenge yourself today.
Without prayers, there can never be God’s protection. When you fail to pray before you sleep, you are opening the ”gate of your destiny” for the enemy to come and invade. This create an avenue for satanic nightmares.
Many Christians takes this night prayers for granted! They believe it can not do much importance for them. This set of people also believe that God is already with them hence they sleep off. What an ignorance!
If you check those who are receiving mysterious attacks are the people who cannot even pray their way out of deliverance. Probably they started but gave up in the process.
How can you expect a security man to protect you and your house when you refuse to equip him with security tools. It cant work. So you must pray well before your sleep and that your sleep can be sweet and pleasant.
If you can master the art of praying before bedtime, I can assure you that part of your problems will be solved, if not now, very soon.
And if you are the person that have been converting your night into prayers, but you are yet to see any tangible results, there is no point to murmur.
The God who establish the place of prayers and the God who created heaven and earth will answer your needs in Jesus name. This is the major secret behind the night prayers!
When your prayer life is going down, automatically, your problems will be elongated and when your problem is elongated, there will be serious satanic attacks that will be too strong for you to contend with in the spiritual warfare.
Bible verses to cancel bad dreams
How many times have you prayed before going to bed this week or last week?
Give yourself a score mark
10, 20, 30, 40 50…100%??
A lot of time people call me for prayers most times at night hours. When asked the problem, they say horrible dreams. When I tell them if they pray before going to bed, some of them will say no.
The Bible says, pray without ceasing!
To pray before you sleep is to invite the angels of God. It seals up your destiny and make you invisible to the enemy. I consider it stingy when you refuse to pray before you go back to bed.
Isaiah 9:2, ” The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.”
Have you ever seen a child that determines not to talk to his parents every night? If an unbeliever can pray before bedtime, then you as a believer you must do double.
There is no time of wasting! There is no need of saying let God answer my request first before I do that. Because if you do, God will fulfill His plans in your life. And If you are such a person, God will run away from you. Learn the habit of praying before going to bed.
WHAT DO YOU STAND TO BENEFITS WHEN YOU PRAY BEFORE GOING TO BED?
- It puts a divine mark on your body
- It guarantees your protection
- It prevents you from being attacked by enemy
- It confuses the enemy
- It gives you a ticket to sleep like a baby and wake up like a happy person
- It fights against satanic arrows
- Sometimes, it deals with bad dreams
- It makes you to remember your dreams
- You are sure of seeing another day
- It invites the angels of God to protect you
- It protects you from death and sickness
Prayers Before You Go To Bed Take these prayer points and SHOUT LIKE FIREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
- Father Lord, let your angel from above guide and surround me in my sleep tonight, in the name of Jesus.
- Let the blood of Jesus be stamped at my doorpost, window and my gate against any demonic visit tonight, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus cover me from satanic torments, in Jesus name.
- Every unclean spirit troubling my mind is declared dead, in the name of Jesus.
- You my mouth, I fortify you with the blood of Jesus. My mouth reject satanic food, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall not sleep the sleep of death and sorrow, in the name of Jesus.
- Every demonic night attacker assigned to initiate me into witchcraft world tonight, receive the arrow of destruction and die by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Every flying arrow of the night shall not locate me, my family and my house, by the power in the name of Jesus.
- From the entrance door to the exit door, from my stairs to the down stair, I plant the power and the presence of God to monitor any satanic invaders against me, in Jesus name.
- Thou plan of the wicked against me in my sleep tonight, scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Cobweb powers assigned to share my glory with me, catch fire, in Jesus name.
PRAYERS BEFORE YOU GO TO BED TONIGHT
These prayers will come in Bible verses
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
Here the Bible verses prayers to take before you go to bed
1. Psalm 7:15-16 says, “He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.”
2. Psalm 35:8 says, “Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.”
3. Jeremiah 17:18 says, “Let them be confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.”
4. Jeremiah 30:16-17 says, “Therefore all they that devour thee shall be devoured; and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey. For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.”
5. Numbers 23:23 says, “Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob, neither is there any divination against Israel: according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What hath God wrought!”
6. Psalm 18:44-45 says, “As soon as they hear of me, they shall obey me: the strangers shall submit themselves unto me. The strangers shall fade away, and be afraid out of their close places.”
7. Luke 10:19 says, “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
8. Matthew 3:10 says, “And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.”
9. Isaiah 41:10-12 says, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.”
10. Isaiah 54:15,17 says, “Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.”
11. Jeremiah 1:10,19 says, “See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the Lord, to deliver thee.”
12. Obadiah 1:3-4 says, “The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground? Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the Lord.”
13. Isaiah 49:24-26 says, “Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children. And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.”
14. Job 5:12 says, “He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise.”
15. Rev. 13:10 says, “He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.”
16. Isaiah 50:7-9 says, “For the Lord God will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. He is near that justifieth me; who will contend with me? let us stand together: who is mine adversary? let him come near to me. Behold, the Lord God will help me; who is he that shall condemn me? lo, they all shall wax old as a garment; the moth shall eat them up.”
17. Isaiah 59:19 says, “So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.”
18. Isaiah 8:8-10 says, “And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel. Associate yourselves, O ye people, and ye shall be broken in pieces; and give ear, all ye of far countries: gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces; gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken in pieces. Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.”
19. Deut. 33:25-27 says, “Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be. There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky. The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.”
20. Psalm 68:1-2 says, “Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him. As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: as wax melteth before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.”
21. Zech. 4:7 says, “Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.”
22. 2 Tim. 4:18 says, “And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”
23. Joshua 1:5 says, “There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”
24. Psalm 27:2 says, “When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.”
25. 1 John 3:8, “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”
26. Philippians 2:5-11, ”Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of in heaven, and in earth, and under the earth; And every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
27. Matthew 10:1, “And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.”
Method 1 Relaxing Your Body
- Breathe deeply.
If you regularly struggle with nighttime relaxation, getting ready for bed might itself be a source of stress. This leads to a vicious cycle where your nerves make it even harder to fall asleep. You can counter your nerves by practicing deep breathing techniques. Close your eyes and breathe in deeply through your nose, counting to five. Then slowly breathe out through your mouth, counting to five again. Continue for several minutes, until you feel your heart rate slowing down and your muscles relaxing.
- Focus solely on your breathing and try and clear your mind of all other thoughts during this time.
- Make this part of your regular bedtime routine so that you associate the deep breathing exercise with going to sleep. Soon the deep breathing exercises will signal to your body that it should prepare for bed.
- Engage in progressive muscle relaxation.
Tense and then relax each of the different muscle groups in your body one by one. This can be an effective way to relax you before bed or even while you are lying in bed.
Tense the muscle by flexing and contracting them for around ten seconds. Visualize the muscle being tensed. Release the tension and allow your whole body to go limp before moving on to the next muscle group. Start with your toes, and then work your way up to your calves, thighs, back, arms, and face. You should feel more relaxed throughout your entire body and forget the troubles of the day.
- Be sure to keep all other muscles relaxed while you tense a particular one.
- Do some gentle yoga.
can also help your body relax as you prepare to go to bed. A slow and steady yoga routine of five to fifteen minutes can relieve physical and mental tension.
Only use basic poses, no power poses that might energize you. Just do basic twists and stretches. Some examples are:
- Child’s pose. For this, you sit on your heels, and with your arms out to the side, lower your body down over your knees, bringing your forehead down towards the floor.
- Standing bends. Lift your hands up above your head, stretching your spine and gently bend down, keeping your back straight.
- Jathara Parivrtti. Lie on your back with your arms out away from your body, palms down. Bend your legs and raise them so your hips and perpendicular to the floor. Lower your legs to right, bring them back up to the center, and then lower them to the left.
- Take a warm bath.
15-30 minutes before bed can be a great way to help you relax before sleep. Ensure the bath is warm rather than really hot to get the best possible conditions for relaxation.
Having a regular warm bath before bed can help your body to recognize that it is the end of the day and time to wind down.
- You can couple a warm bath with soothing music and aromatherapy oils to help you relax even more. Use lavender or chamomile to create a relaxing aromatherapy bath.
- Steer clear of caffeine.
Cutting down on stimulants such as caffeine can be very helpful if you are struggling to relax before bed. Avoid tea, coffee, or other caffeinated substances in the late afternoon and evening as they make it harder to fall asleep and can prevent the important deep sleep you need. The effects of caffeine can last up to 24 hours, so it can be an important factor in sleeping problems. Caffeine can also raise your heart rate, making you feel more nervous and jittery.
- Replace caffeine with warm milk or herbal teas, such as chamomile or peppermint.
- Other stimulants such as nicotine,sugary foods and beverages, and heavy meals can also make it harder to relax.
- Avoid alcohol.
While many people experience sleepiness immediately after drinking alcohol, alcohol makes sleep overall less restful and restorative. Alcohol can also increase your chances of experiencing middle insomnia when you wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble falling back asleep. Steer clear of alcoholic beverages if you want to feel fully relaxed overnight.
- Be physically active during the day.
Keeping your body active during daytime hours can help your body be prepared to relax before bed. Exercise vigorously for 20-30 minutes daily by running, jogging, swimming, or biking. Make sure that you exercise in the morning or early afternoon. Evening exercise tends to energize the body instead of relaxing it.
- Having exposure to sunlight during the day will also help your body relax in the evening hours. Consider exercising during daylight hours to get a dose of sunlight.
0 / 0
Nope! You want to workout during the day, preferably out in the sun, if you can. Working out tends to energize the body, rather than relaxing it. Still, if you worked out during the day, chances are it will be easier for you to fall asleep. Try again…
Start a deep breathing practice.
Nice! It may take a few days, but if you work to incorporate deep breathing into your nighttime routine, your body will begin to associate it with bedtime. During breathing time, you will want to focus solely on your breath and let everything else just fade away. Read on for another quiz question.
Enjoy a cup of soothing tea.
Close! Tea — without caffeine! — can be a very useful tool for falling asleep at night. Still, simply having a cup of tea may be soothing, but it won’t necessarily train your body for bed. Guess again!
Method 2 Relaxing Your Mind
- Schedule time to wind down before bed.
Rather than simply hopping into bed and expecting to be relaxed, give yourself at least 15-30 minutes to let your mind unwind after a long and stressful day. There are techniques you can use to let go of taxing or stressful thoughts so that you can relax overnight. For example you can:
- Write a list of what you have achieved during the day.
- Check off your achievements from a to-do list. These can be mundane, everyday tasks which are often the cause of most of our stress.
- Write down your thoughts in a diary or journal.
- Write down your tasks for the next day so that they are not weighing on you in bed.
- Meditate for 15-30 minutes to clear your head.
- Distract yourself instead of stewing.
If you find yourself unable to relax in bed, don’t let yourself stew for too long. If you cannot relax after 10-15 minutes in bed, get out of bed and do another relaxing activity. Your anxiety will not dissipate on its own. Instead, break the cycle by taking a warm bath, reading a book, or listening to classical music for 15 minutes or so. Then try to go to bed again. Just be sure that your distraction doesn’t involve bright light.
- Avoid electronic screens at night.
Watching television, using a computer, or staring at a smart phone can all have detrimental effects on your ability to relax and go to sleep. In particular, staring at a small bright screen in the dark can disrupt the secretion of melatonin, which regulates our sleep cycle.
Ensure you have a clear break between using technological devices and going to bed.
- Evidence suggests that playing video games in the early evening is linked to loss of sleep, and teenagers who use their phones in bed are more likely to be drowsy during the day.
- Visualize positive images.
Visualization exercises can reduce stress and anxiety. If you’re feeling tense before bed, try a positive visualization exercise. Imagine a place where you feel happy and relaxed. Imagine the sights, sounds, smells and tastes you want to experience. It could be an imaginary scene or a happy memory.
Images you might visualize include:
- A warm beach.
- A cool forest.
- Your childhood backyard.
- Do mental exercises before bed.
If you have trouble letting go of stressful events from your day, try to distract yourself with mental exercises. These could be word or number puzzles, or even something as simple as trying to memorize a poem or a song.
These mental exercises should be simple enough to help you to feel relaxed but distracting enough that you do not have the mental energy to stress out about your day. For example, you might try:
- Crossword puzzles
- Reciting your favorite song backwards
- Naming all the authors whose last name begins with a certain letter, such as B
Method 3 Having a Regular Sleep Schedule
- Have regular bedtimes.
Sticking to a schedule is very important if you want to send relaxing signals to your body at the right time. Maintaining a regular sleep schedule works because you follow your body’s circadian rhythms.
It is not just children who need a good bedtime routine; adults also need to relax and unwind before they go to bed. Try to have regular times when you go to bed and wake up every day–even on weekends.
- Don’t use the snooze button.
The snooze button might be tempting, but it does not lead to high-quality, restful sleep. Instead, it makes it more likely that you will be overtired in the mornings and overenergized in the evening hours when you should be relaxing. Try to resist the urge to hit “snooze” in the mornings and instead make yourself get out of bed.
- Avoid long naps during the day.
It’s important to avoid long naps during the day as much as possible. If you can restrict your sleeping to night-time only you will likely have a more relaxing bedtime.
- If you absolutely have to nap, be sure that you nap for less than 30 minutes and that you nap in the mid-afternoon while it is still light outside. Napping for too long or napping in the evening hours can disrupt your ability to relax at bedtime.
- Wake up at the same time every morning.
It can be difficult, but if you want to stick to your schedule you have to try to avoid sleeping in as much as possible. Set your usual alarm during the weekend as well as during the week. If you go to bed and get up at roughly the same time every day you will program your body to sleep better.
- Stick to a nightly bedtime routine.
Develop a relaxing routine that you perform every night 15-30 minutes before you go to bed.
Take a warm bath. Stretch your body. Read a book. Listen to relaxing music. Doing these things every night will help your body know when bedtime is approaching. Incorporating a relaxing activity into your routine will help you fall asleep (and stay asleep). Eventually these activities will signal your body to begin relaxing and preparing for good sleep at the same time every night.
Method 4 Preparing A Relaxing Bedroom
- Use your bed only for sleep and intimacy.
Avoid doing work, making phone calls, or paying bills in bed. Instead, get used to the idea that your bed is for sleeping or romantic activities. You want your bed to be a place of relaxation–not a work desk. Keep your bed free of clutter, and never perform work activities in bed.
- Create a relaxing atmosphere.
Your bedroom should be a relaxing safe haven, one that is free from stress, distractions, or anything nerve-wracking. Try to avoid doing work or anything stressful in your bedroom. Keep your bedroom free from electronic screens or noisy items such as televisions, computers, and phones. These electronics have been known to give out blue light which interferes in sleep.
- Other ways to have a relaxing bedroom space include painting your room a calming color such as light blue or light gray, using lamps that create soft light, and using calming essential scents such as lavender oils or potpourri. Essential oils can help you sleep better.
- Keep it dark.
Having a dark room is very important for relaxing and sleeping well in bed. The sleep-inducing hormone melatonin is very light-sensitive. Check to see if your room is too light by turning off all the lights at night. Wait for your eyes to adjust: if you can clearly see objects, there is too much light. Now you can look for areas where the light is leaking in.
- If you are in a city with lots of street lights outside your window, consider getting a blackout lining for your curtains or buying an eye mask.
- Keep your bedroom cool.
A room that is too hot will stop your core temperature from dropping, something which is necessary to switch on your body’s sleeping mechanism. Your body drops to its lowest temperature when you are asleep so keeping your room cool can help. You should aim for a temperature of around 18 – 24 degrees Celsius, or 64 – 75 Fahrenheit. Being overheated can make you feel dehydrated, anxious, or restless at bedtime.
- Keeping a window slightly open, if it is safe to do so, can help by ensuring there is a good circulation of air. An oscillating fan can also help create the proper temperature in a bedroom during the warmer months.
- Be sure to keep your extremities warm. If it’s cold opt for a warmer duvet rather than leaving the heating on, which can dehydrate you. It is especially important that you keep your feet warm, so you might want to wear socks to bed.
- Choose the right mattress for you.
A mattress that is made of breathable, hypoallergenic materials will help your body relax more effectively at bedtime. Be sure that your mattress is also your desired firmness and size.
Choosing the correct mattress
for your body type and sleeping style will contribute to a relaxing environment.
- Use a white noise machine to cover up stressful sounds.
Noise is one of the great sleep disruptors, and it can make you feel stressed out before bed or overnight. White noise is a calming, ambient sound that can help cover up stressful noises such as voices, cars, snoring, or your neighbors’ music.
White noise machines can be specifically purchased, or you can use a fan or dehumidifer as a white noise machine. There are also white noise generators to be found online.
0 / 0
So you don’t get distracted.
Not quite! Of course, distractions are certainly a possibility when you can see the objects around the room or out the window. Still, there’s a more pressing reason to keep your room nice and dark. Click on another answer to find the right one…
So your imagination can’t run wild.
Not exactly! Of course, if you’re already struggling to sleep, you may see a pile of clothes as a ghost or an open door as a monster. Darkening the room can help with this, but that’s not the main reason to do it. Pick another answer!
To help your eyes relax.
Almost! Avoiding screens and bright light before bed can be very beneficial to sleeping well. Still, there’s an even more pressing reason to darken your room at bedtime. Try another answer…
Sleep-hormones are light sensitive.
Nice! The sleep hormone melatonin is light sensitive, so if your room is too bright or the glare from the streetlight is coming in, it could disrupt your sleeping. Limit all the light in your room and, if you have to, consider buying blackout curtains for the windows. Read on for another quiz question.
Add New Question
My sister keeps the TV on. How can I block the light?
Try turning away from the TV or putting a pillow or blanket over your face. If you are uncomfortable putting it on your face, try laying on your side and putting it over your shoulder or near your face to block some of the light. You could also try asking her to turn the TV off, because your sleep is more important than her entertainment.
What are the bad effects of using electronic items before sleeping?
When you are exposed to artificial light, your body thinks it’s daytime and will decrease production of melatonin, which helps you sleep. So cut electronic devices use for at least an hour before sleep.
What are some herbs that promote sleep and inner calm?
Chamomile is one that is absolutely wonderful for relaxation. It relieves stress and calms you, inside and out.
How do I stop myself from looking on my devices in the middle of the night?
Give your phone to a sibling or parent at bedtime. Problem solved.
How can I block noise coming through the wall?
Use ear plugs. If the neighbors are being noisy, then deal with them. Maybe use white noise or some relaxing music.
What are some ways of turning off my mind? I’ve tried baths, books, etc., but sometimes I can’t be bothered to go to bed and keep watching TV. What should I do?
Make sure you have a nighttime routine and you are going to bed at the same time each night. Try incorporating yoga into this routine and meditation right before bed. Be firm about the no TV rule.
I want to sleep early. I tried to relax, but it didn’t work. My mind is too disturbed while sleeping. What do I do to sleep early and relax my mind?
If you have tried the tips in the article and they haven’t helped, maybe you have a chemical imbalance that needs to be addressed. Consider taking a magnesium supplement in the evening; if you don’t get enough magnesium (which many people don’t), it can be hard to relax and sleep. Consider taking vitamin D in the morning as well; this can help regulate your sleep/wake schedule. And make sure you are taking good care of yourself in general. Make sure to
and get some exercise during the day, otherwise you may have too much unreleased energy keeping you awake at the end of the day.
I have been sleeping for a maximum of 3 hours for a week, and I’m having constant feeling of anxiety, stress, and frustration, but I am also having my exams and have to study early in the morning and I am sleeping late at night. What should I do?
You really have to get more sleep. It’s normal and unavoidable that you feel this way when you’re sleeping so little. It also significantly impairs your mental function and sabotages your ability to study; you would be able to learn much more in a much shorter period if you were well-rested. Most importantly, sleeping so little for so long can have serious consequences on your physical and mental health, and it is not worth it, for any reason. You could develop severe depression or anxiety that could wreck your mind and life and undo all of your efforts. Find a way to reorganize your life so that you can get at least 7 hours of sleep per night (and for a while, you should sleep a few hours longer than that to make up for the sleep debt you have accumulated).
Does drinking alcohol in the evenings lead to good sleep?
No. One drink can help you relax, but more will end up negatively affecting the quality of your sleep.
What is the best color to paint a room for relaxation?
Yellow has been proven to help relax the eyes and brain.
Show more answers
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- If none of these methods works for you, consider seeing a sleep specialist, who can treat insomnia with cognitive behavior therapy or with medication.
- Chronic anxiety might not be due to your environment but rather due to a chemical or hormonal imbalance. If your bedtime relaxation routines are in place but you are still having trouble relaxing a bedtime, consider speaking with a doctor or therapist about your options.
- Bath and Body Works sells pillow mists in calming scents such as lavender and vanilla for better sleep.
- Reading is good especially if it is a nice and imaginative or write in a journal.
- Power off all the devices in your house and have a dim light setting in your sleeping space along with a cool temperature.
- It is always a good idea to consult your physician before beginning an exercise routine or changing your diet to make sure that you stay healthy.
Categories: Bedtime Routine
In other languages:
Español: relajarte antes de irte a acostar, Italiano: Rilassarsi Prima di Andare a Dormire, Português: Relaxar Antes de Ir para a Cama, Русский: расслабиться перед сном, Français: se détendre avant d’aller dormir, Nederlands: Ontspannen voor je gaat slapen, Bahasa Indonesia: Santai sebelum Tidur, Tiếng Việt: Thư giãn Trước khi Đi ngủ, ไทย: ผ่อนคลายก่อนเข้านอน, 한국어: 자기 전에 긴장 푸는 방법, Deutsch: Sich vor dem Zubettgehen entspannen, العربية: الاسترخاء قبل الخلود إلى النوم
- Send fan mail to authors
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 325,668 times.
Did this article help you?
Bear in mind that making an Act of perfect Contrition does not mean we can receive Communion, to this end it is absolutely necessary to go to a priest and confess any mortal sin that we have committed. The essential thing about the ACT OF PERFECT CONTRITION is to say it with sincerity, for love of God and abhorring our sins, to strive to not commit them again, that is, with purpose of amendment (which involves the intention of going to Confession as soon as possible).
Pray Before You Go To BedApostle Tim
5 năm trước
You are Invited to Worship With Us @ Global Vision Ministries 1078 Citizens Pkwy, Suite. A Morrow, GA 3260 United States of America Join Us Everyday On “PRAYER TELE-CONFERENCE” Every Morning…
Tìm kiếm liên quan đến Night prayer before going to bed
Night Prayermichael ogalvi
7 năm trước
This prayer is for praying in the night time and all tamil chrisitan has to pray in the night time.
Pope Francis’ bedtime prayercatholicnewsagency
The Pope shared this personal story during his general audience Wednesday. For more information: www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-delivers-weekly-catechesis-alongside-his-brother-refuge…