Dear Lord, You are the Just judge, Holy and True. You are the Most High God. You give us life. You hold all power in your hands.
You are the Mighty one from God who carries the world, and is ruler over all the earth. You Oh Most Blessed One are the giver of life. In you are only good things. In you is mercy and love. In you is healing of the nations. In you is freedom of worry and freedom of pain.
Lord Almighty, You loved us so much. You were sent from your Father, sent to save us from destruction. We truly can never make it to Heaven without the help of Jesus the Son, who was sent to earth to help us.
You, Lord are full of mercy and grace, please forgive us for our faults. Lord Jesus, in you all healing is performed. You Lord are the miracle worker. In your Spirit, your gift of healing is alive. In you Lord we can put our trust that you can heal us, and protect us from the enemy, and death of our soul.
You, Lord are miracle worker for the sick, and for the lost souls. You, Lord forgive us and save us from condemnation. You cleanse us and make us born again new. You give us a clean heart full of peace. You Lord are the Light.
In You is all truth. Your way Lord is the way to Heavenly Hope. Your hands Lord created the universe. You Lord are the True giver of Life. Every child is a miracle of Life. Life rests in Your Hands.
Wrap us as a close knit family, draw us near to you Lord, and bind us with your Loving Hands. Let us be drawn closer to You. You are the Vine, dear Lord and we are the branches. You carry all knowledge and all power. You Lord are our medicine. Your Words Lord are Truth and Life.
Help us put our trust in You. You Lord are the greatest physician. You heal, You protect, You care, You love, You are kind, You are patient, You are thoughtful, You are strength. You Lord are our Creator.
You know our thoughts, our sighings and our cryings and every hair on our head. You are Wonderful and make all good things for us. Heal us Lord, if it be Your will.
Are you facing a difficult disease, illness or malady and want to cry out to God for healing but don’t know what to pray? If you feel scared, alone, unsure of the future, or don’t understand how healing works, pray these words below in faith today! Below are four prayers for healing, an interview with Max Lucado explaining how we should pray for healing, and some of our favorite Bible verses on healing.
God tells us that through prayer, He can speak to us and use us to work miracles for His glory. When you use this prayer for healing you are coming to God completely surrendered and expectant to let His Holy Spirit work in and through you. I pray that you will find miraculous healing as you seek God’s plan for your life – His plan to prosper you and to give you a hope and future!
Table of contents
- 1 Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
- 2 A Prayer for Personal Healing
- 3 How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
- 4 A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
- 5 A Prayer for Healing and Grace
- 6 A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
- 7 Healing Bible Verses
- 8 Community Q&A
- 9 Tips
- 10 Warnings
- 11 Renew My Mind, Body and Soul
- 12 To Heal a Friend
- 13 A Prayer for Healing a Loved One
- 14 A Prayer to Jesus for Healing
- 15 A Prayer Against Disease
- 16 My Lighthouse of Hope
- 17 A Prayer for Doctor’s Wisdom
- 18 A Prayer to Ease Pain
- 19 What does the Bible say about healing?
- 20 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Healing”
- 21 Recent prayer requests…
Here are Four Prayers for Healing you can use today to speak life and hope into your situation.
A Prayer for Personal Healing
God, you know me so well. You created me. You know the number of hairs on my head, and you even know the thoughts conceived in my heart before I ever vocalize them. You’ve told us to come to you and ask for every need of life. You are Jehovah-Rapha, the God who heals, and you have the final word on my destiny, the number of years I’ll live and serve you on earth.
I’m coming to you today as your child, longing to hear from you and asking for your divine healing. There’s so much I don’t understand about life. But I do know that with one touch, one word, you can make me whole. Please forgive me of my sins, cleanse me of my unrighteousness, and begin your healing from the inside out.
I don’t always know what your will is Lord, especially in times like now, when I desperately seek your face. I offer you no promises, no bargains, no deals to exchange for my health. I simply bow my heart before you to tell you the desire of my heart: that I want to spend as many years as I can loving you here, loving others, and wanting to become more like you. However you choose to accomplish that is up to you—and okay with me. If you use doctors to provide healing, give them wisdom to know what to do. Regardless of how you accomplish it, the healing you give is always miraculous. And you deserve all the praise.
I absolutely believe you have the power to heal. You demonstrated that on earth, and you still heal in miraculous ways today. Even when my faith is weak, you say it is enough, and my love for you is strong. And I know you already hold my heart and life in your hands. It’s up to you. If I can bring you more glory through healing, then that’s what I ask for. That’s what I desire.
But if your answer is no, or not now, I know that your grace is sufficient for me. Ultimately, I want your will to be my will. I look forward to spending an eternity with you. But Lord, if you have planned still more for me to do here on this earth, I not only need and want your physical healing, Lord, but a thorough, deep-down cleansing and strengthening—a whole-hearted renewal of all that I am. Because all that I am is yours. Use this trial to strengthen me from a “what-if” faith to a “no-matter-what” faith. And no matter what, I choose to honor you and give you glory.
In Jesus’s name, Amen.
~ Rebecca Barlow Jordan
How to Pray for Healing – Max Lucado
A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends
Lord, your Word speaks promises of healing and restoration and I thank you for the miracles you still perform today. Today I claim those promises over my friend. I believe in the healing power of faith and prayer and I ask you to begin your mighty work in the life of my friend. Please reach down and surround my friend with supernatural peace and strength and give her the faith to believe that all things are possible for you. Protect her from Satan’s lies and discouragement and let her miraculous healing begin. Amen.
A Prayer for Healing and Grace
We confess our need for you today. We need your healing and your grace. We need hope restored. We need to be reminded that you work on behalf of those you love, constantly, powerfully, completely. Forgive us for trying to fix our situations all on our own. Forgive us for running all different directions and spinning our wheels to find help, when true help and healing must be found first in You. Forgive us for forgetting how much we need you, above everyone and everything else. We come to you and bring you the places we are hurting. You see where no one else is able to fully see or understand. You know the pain we’ve carried. The burdens. The cares. You know where we need to be set free. We ask for your healing and grace to cover every broken place. Every wound. Every heartache. Thank you that you are Able to do far more than we could ever imagine. Thank you for your Mighty Power that acts on behalf of your children. We reach out to you, and know that you are restoring and redeeming every place of difficulty, every battle, for your greater glory. Thank you that you will never waste our pain and suffering. We love you. We need you today.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen
~ Debbie McDaniel
A Prayer for Healing Sick Family and Friends
Lord Jesus, thank you that you love . I know that you hate what their illness is doing to them/me. I ask that you would heal this disease, that you would have compassion and bring healing from all sickness.
Your word says in Psalm 107:19-20 that when we call out to you the Eternal one you will give the order, heal and rescue us from certain death. In the Bible, I have read of miraculous healing and I believe that you still heal the same way today. I believe that there is no illness you cannot heal after all the bible tells of you raising people from the dead so I ask for your healing in this situation.
I also know from my experience of life on earth that not everyone is healed. If that happens here than keep my heart soft towards you, help me to understand your plan and help me to be excited about heaven.
God, I thank you that belongs to you and that you are in control of everything that happens from our first breath to our last sigh.
~ Wendy van Eyck
Read 11 More Prayers for Healing at Praywithme.com – Helpful guiding words for praying over physical, spiritual and emotional healing.
Healing Bible Verses
My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.
Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.
Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.
He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
More Healing Scripture
What are you praying for healing over today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope and healing that comes when you allow others to cover you in prayer.
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for Guidance
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
wikiHow is a wiki similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are written collaboratively. To create this article, 15 people, some anonymous, worked to edit and improve it over time. Together, they cited
wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article has over 45,021 views, and 97% of readers who voted found it helpful. It also received 15 testimonials from readers, earning it our reader-approved status. Learn more…
In this Article:Purpose of HealingPreparingFollowing His PrinciplesPractisingAvoiding PitfallsCommunity Q&A50 References
We know Jesus was famous for healing the sick (Matthew 4:24) and that He also sent out His disciples to heal the sick (Mark 6:13). But it didn’t stop there; Jesus’ plan was that all Christians would continue doing and speaking as He did (John 14:12). In the book of Acts we read that this is exactly what they did (Acts 5:16) and this means that you too can go out and imitate Jesus preaching the gospel and healing the sick (1 Corinthians 11:1).
And Jesus said, “Nothing shall be impossible for you”, for when a believer is empowered by the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:49) and is seeking to walk as Jesus walked it becomes easy because God takes so much of your load (Matthew 11:30) And He (Jesus) sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick (Luke 9:2).
Part 1 Purpose of Healing
- Consider Jesus’ mission.
He came to save the lost by showing people they needed to believe in Him. Healing was one of the methods he used to show people that He had come from God, so that they should listen to Him, believe and do what He said to do.
- Nicodemus: “We all know that God has sent you to teach us. Your miraculous signs are evidence that God is with you.” John 3:2
- Others: And many of the people believed on him, and said, ‘When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man hath done?’ John 7:31
- Jesus Himself said, But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father John 10:38
- Our mission is the same as Jesus said, as we do the works that we have been sent to do: Heal the sick and preach the gospel Matthew 10:7-8 — then people will believe that we have the information that they need to begin a relationship with God.
Part 2 Preparing
Begin to study the scriptures of how to do as Jesus did. And, as you begin to walk in the miraculous, you will see people instantly healed by the power of God when you pray for them, and then your life will change in the most amazing and exciting way. Here are details to increase your likelihood of success. So, overtime, look up all the associated scriptures, but you do not have to know every related scripture to begin following Christ’s example.
Prepare yourself. This is very important and can’t be missed. The Bible says The preparations of the heart (your inner being) belong to man, but the answer of the tongue (the Gospel) is from the Lord (Proverbs 16:1).
- Make sure you have received God’s power.
Receive empowerment by receiving the promise of the Father which is the baptism of the
). When you are baptised in the Holy Spirit you will receive power from God (Acts 1:8
). This will open up to you the power to be a witness and to do all the miraculous works of the Spirit, including
speaking in tongues
) — and so open the ability to lay hands on the sick and see them recover by the power of God (Mark 16:17-20
- Be righteous in Christ.
The Bible tells us that the effective fervent prayer of a righteous person avails, or achieves, much (James 5:17
) — but God doesn’t listen to those who do evil, who live by the flesh (1 Peter 3:12
Believe God/Jesus works through you. Make a decision that you are going to believe God’s promise of healing and that He has empowered you to present the Gospel and heal the sick. Therefore I say unto you, ‘What things soever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them’ (Mark 11:24).
We must not willfully hold anything against anyone, if we want to see the healing power of God,
And when you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses
- Be kind. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, outcry and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and tender-hearted to one another, forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:32
- Spend time in prayer:
Jesus spent a lot of time talking to His Father (Luke 6:12
). Also, prayer was very important to Peter, (
Acts 6:4) and Paul makes many references to the importance of prayer (Colossians 4:12
) (Romans 12:12
- Build a strong relationship with God through prayer: So you can be confident that He will hear your prayer as you seek to do His will — and that He will answer The blind man who was given his sight made this true statement about how Jesus had healed him: We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him (John 9:31).
- Pray both in your natural language and in your Spiritual language
- Read the Bible.
We build our faith through the word of God, (Romans 10:17
) (Galatians 3-5
) especially the gospels and the Book of Acts. Healing was a normal part of a Christian’s life in the Bible, and that is the standard we should be looking to,
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you
- Love proactively.
We read that it was through Jesus compassion on the people that He healed them. (Matthew 14:14
) We need to show and cultivate in ourselves a genuine love for all, and especially the man and woman we interact with one on one in this world, and so not want to see any suffer. Paul tells us that faith works or is made effective through love, (Galatians 5:6
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another
- Hunger and thirst:
Jesus said to hunger and thirst after righteousness, (Matthew 5:6
) or His right ways, and we will be filled, and have those right ways happen in our lives. So you have to build a strong desire to see people healed by the power of God and not give up or back off no matter what happens.
And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus
Connect with other people. Seek out other people who are also on this path, these will be people who will encourage and inspire you. If you can’t find anyone in your local community then use your search engine, social media etc. to find like minded people who are active in praying for people and seeing God heal them. Everyone listened quietly as Barnabas and Paul told about the miraculous signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles.” Acts 15:12
Part 3 Following His Principles
- Renew your mind.
When you get your mind (Romans 12:2
) and heart in line with the way Jesus taught. Then you can expect wonderful things to happen.
- Realize that healing is God’s “will” (is available) for everyone.
Jesus was whipped so God reacted to the Roman’s usual cruelty by amazing love, with grace, so
all could be healed (Isaiah 53:4-5
) God’s will is that it should be the same here on earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10
). In heaven there is no pain or disease so that is God’s will for earth, which is why Jesus healed everyone without exception. He shows no favoritism, (Romans 2:11
) and He hasn’t changed (Hebrews 13:8
) (James 1:17
And great multitudes followed Him, and He healed them ‘all’
- Speak out by His authority.
Jesus healed with the authority that he got from the Father. The centurion recognised this, and Jesus spoke highly of his faith (Matthew 8:5-10
). When you have authority over someone you can tell that person what to do and they have to obey. As disciples we have been given authority over disease so therefore we can tell it what to do (Luke 9:1
If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you shall say unto this mountain,
(or pain or sickness)
Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you
- Persist in faith.
One time Jesus had to pray more than once to see a blind man healed (Mark 8:22-25
). We are told we are like Elijah who had to pray 7 times for rain after a 3 and a half year drought (James 5:17-18
) (1 Kings 18:41-45
). So we must be as persistent as we can be in praying for the sick.
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up
- Apply the faith of Jesus (1 Timothy 1:14).
His faith that is in us through the baptism of the Holy Spirit is going to heal the sick. We have to have faith in Him (that is in His Word, in His promises and in what He has done for us) and the Faith of Jesus which is given to us by the Holy Spirit. In John 5:5-8, Jesus approaches a man asks him if he wants to be healed. The man has no faith that Jesus will heal him and then Jesus heals him anyway (John 5:5-8
) . We need to realise what Jesus could do we can do too and pray to feel confident of His power in us. John tells us that
as He is, so are we in this world.
(1 John 4:17). And Jesus promises
Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father
Call on Jesus’ name. Jesus told us If you shall ask anything in my name, I will do it (John 14:14) When we pray for the sick we can be confident that it is a worthy thing to ask, and therefore we can pray using His name or authority. When a police officer says stop in the name of the law, a law abiding citizen will do as they say. There is no magic in the name of the “law” It is the authority that the police officer has which makes people obey. It’s similar with Jesus, we can use His name because of the authority He has given us. Peter and John demonstrated this by healing the man who had been paralysed since birth in Jesus name, Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength (Acts 3:6-7).
Expect immediate results, usually. Healing by Jesus was usually immediate. Although occasionally in the gospels people were healed along the way usually they were healed on the spot, so make this your expectation And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain (Mark 7:35).
Part 4 Practising
Put what you’ve learnt into practice. In this section is a simple technique of praying for the sick. It’s not the only way of praying, but a good starting point and you can try others as you get more confident of the Lord’s power in you.
- Go out and begin to talk to someone (Mark 16:15).
This can be someone you know or someone that you’ve met anywhere at all. If this is a stranger, introduce yourself and find out his or her name and then: Ask, “Can I ask you a question?” If the answer is “yes” then ask whether they have any sickness or pain. If “yes”, tell them that you can pray and God will heal the illness straightaway.
Pray. If they agree to prayer, then with their permission, place your hand on the person (doesn’t have to be on the afflicted part) and pray a short prayer commanding all pain/sickness to go in Jesus name.
Ask them to test if there is any difference (for example by moving their back if its a sore back). If there is no difference don’t be discouraged and ask to pray again If there is some improvement thank Jesus for what He has done and command that the rest of the pain/sickness leave in Jesus name Continue until all the sickness/pain has gone or until the person wants you to stop. It can be helpful to ask them to rate the pain or sickness with a number out of 10 (1 being very low and 10 the worst) before you pray and ask them what the number is after you’ve prayed
- Follow through.
If they are healed tell them this is because of God’s amazing love for them (John 3:16
) and talk to them about how God can not only save them from their
them to do the same thing.
If one is not healed, explain: Clarify that you are convinced that it is God’s will to heal them and that you will continue to pray for them and if you have the opportunity you should also tell them about salvation
Part 5 Avoiding Pitfalls
Realize two reasons for prayers not being answered. This shows those reasons why a person may not receive their healing and help overcome these reasons so that they can be healed.
- Overcome unbelief.
Unbelief is one of the reasons prayer is not answered. Belief is all encompassing. God is all powerful and it is His will to heal. Pray and read and read or watch testimonies until you totally believe that the promise is for here and now and if need be, make changes to your life so that you are walking in the light of God.
- The only time in scripture that someone wasn’t healed, it was the disciples who had prayed for a boy. Jesus came and healed the boy showing it was God’s will for him to be healed. The disciple asked why they couldn’t heal him (Matthew 17:14-21) (remembering that they had been successfully healing people since Jesus sent them out in Matthew 10) And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief and ‘Howbeit this kind (unbelief) goeth not out but by prayer and fasting’ (Matthew 17:20-21).
- We read about faith in the Bible which puts the knowledge into our mind, and then prayer accesses the faith in our hearts.
- Recognise and eliminate traditions:
Traditions are another reason prayer will not be heard. Jesus said,
Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that (Mark 7:13). Traditions are reasons or excuses which people have invented which are not in the Bible, but they believe that they are part of God’s plan. When we realise that we have a belief that is not in the word of God we need to get rid of it so that God’s power can be effective and heal.
- Any belief that contradicts the facts of God’s will/plan is a tradition. It is His will to heal the sick, and He has empowered and given authority to believers today to go and do works that Jesus did, just as the believers did in the book of Acts. All traditions need to be eliminated, if we want to see God’s healing power.
- Beware of commonly believed traditions which nullify the word and power of God:
- God wants people to suffer — no, God is willing (for us to heal), but we must believe and walk in it
- Only Christians or those turning towards Christianity can be healed — no, God loved the world while we were still sinners
- Sickness is somehow a benefit to peoples’ faith or character — no, it is part of a curse on the fallen world, not a benefit
- Not always God’s will to heal — no, God is not willing that any should perish
- Healing died out with the original apostles — no, Jesus and the gospel are the same yesterday, today and forever
- The person you are praying for will only be healed, if he or she has total faith — no, we mortals don’t have total faith without limit, but Jesus who is in disciples by His Spirit does.
- The person won’t be healed, if they have sin or unforgiveness in their lives — no, “if you say you have no sin, you are a liar (a sinner)”
- Paul’s thorn in the flesh was a sickness and therefore not all sicknesses can be healed — In the old testament a thorn in the flesh always refers to problems coming from other people (See Numbers33:55-56, Joshua23:11-13 and Judges 2:2-3) This is in line with Jesus telling us that those who do righteousness will suffer persecution (Matthew 5:10)
- Making petitions: Begging, repeatedly asking making petitions to God to heal the sick is one of the most common traditions. Jesus never did this. In effect, if we are begging God to heal the sick, it is because we don’t believe that He has given us the authority to heal the sick today. If your boss gives you authority to do something, but every time you need to do it you ask Him again to do the work for you, then what would your boss think? We need to believe in the authority He has given us, But as many as received Him, He gave to them authority to be children of God–to those believing in His name (John 1:12).
- Yes, the scriptures do say that we should ask but ask has a different meaning in the scriptures than just make a polite request. Consider the following scriptures which all use the same Greek word for “ask”, when you pray, as in Mark 11:24, above.
- But the mob shouted louder and louder, demanding (asking) that Jesus be crucified, and their voices prevailed (Luke 23:23).
- And she came in immediately with haste to the king and asked, saying, “I want you to give me at once the head of John the Baptist on a platter” (Mark 6:25).
- A woman from Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, ‘Give me a drink.’ the Samaritan woman said to him, ‘How is it that you, a Jew, ask’ for a drink from me, a woman of Samaria? (John 4:7&9).
- Jesus didn’t ask God to heal the sick. He simply healed them. Sometimes Jesus rebuked the sickness (Luke 4:39); sometimes He commanded sickness to go (Mark 9:25). Sometimes He laid hands on the sick (Mark 16:15), and sometimes He told people they were healed by their own faith as in Matthew 9:22 (Matthew 9:22).
- To test if something is a tradition, the best way is to see whether Jesus did it. If Jesus didn’t talk about or do the thing which you are believing, then it is a tradition of people and needs to be gotten rid of so that your faith can grow.
- Be encouraged to avoid traditions. Then you will become closer to God and you can see healings too, as a Holy Spirit filled believer!
Add New Question
Do prayers need to be said out loud?
No, because God knows what we want before we even tell Him. Sometimes it’s helpful to say certain prayers out loud because it can build our faith to hear ourselves making those requests of God, but praying in your mind is perfectly fine.
To be a good christian , how must you live your life
Love God and Jesus above everything else. Serve others, especially people who are in need. Resist doing things that you know are wrong or that the Bible says are wrong. Treat others the way you would want to be treated.
I’m Christian. Is it okay to have a couple of social drinks?
There are different opinions about this matter, depending on the church you go to. In my humble opinion, drinking to the point of drunkenness is not okay and goes against the Fruits of the Spirit. Drinking in moderation is appropriate, but drinking excessively is not.
I am a born again Christian, and I bet on football. Is that okay?
Whatever your religion (or even if you are not religious for that matter), gambling is not good. It is a waste of money and can become too addictive. Rather than gambling, give any spare cash to a charity.
There is someone I am praying for and expecting a healing for. Do I have to touch him (lay hands) for the healing to take place?
No, just pray to God for their healing. You don’t even have to be in their presence.
What is a good prayer for someone who suffers from anxiety?
Don’t worry too much about making it a “good” prayer. Say what’s in your heart, and don’t worry about saying “the right thing.” God accepts all petitions from the heart, though that doesn’t always mean His answer will be “yes.” Try something like, “Lord, please help me with my problem with anxiety. It is making things really difficult for me and I need Your help. If it is your will, please help me.” Feel free to add anything you want.
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Short prayers: Keep your prayers short (20 seconds is enough). God will answer you because of your faith, not because of your many words. Short prayers also give opportunity to pray again without vain repetition…
- Search for “street healing miracle”, “Jesus miracle healing”, or similar words on your search engine or on YouTube, and you will find that people all over the world are stepping out in faith and praying for the sick and that they are getting healed and turning to God.
- If you need healing for yourself you can still pray for others, but God wants you to be well, too; so find someone else who has faith to heal and have him/her pray for you.
- Start small: You may not feel that you have enough faith to heal someone of terminal cancer or pull someone out of a wheelchair, so start out praying for sore arms, bad back, headaches, etc. and then as your faith grows you can tackle more serious problems (2 Thessalonians 1:3).
- Healing isn’t limited by distance. You can pray for someone over the phone, Skype, Facebook, Text, God will answer your prayer of faith.
- Remember, God’s will is that all will repent. But, if we don’t go out and preach the gospel, then none will repent. It’s the same with healing: it is His will that all should be healed, but He needs believers who are full of faith and the Spirit of God to go out and pray for people for them to be healed.
- Sometimes people pray for others who are healed without fulfilling all these principles, but if we want to see consistent results, we need to draw as near to Jesus as we can in every way.
- Healing is a sign to unbelievers. The reason unbelievers can be healed is so that they can then believe and be saved And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did (Acts 8:6).
- Stay humble: You can’t heal anyone yourself, it’s only through the power of God that healings happen (James 4:6). Do everything to the glory of God, nothing for your own glory.
- Never force or compel faith healing to replace doctors or medicine. Many people who are healed have tried doctors and medicine and despite their best efforts are still sick or in pain. Jesus healed the woman with the issue of blood after she had spent all her money on doctors. Jesus wasn’t against the doctors it was just that for Him nothing is impossible but doctors are limited in what they can do. You should ask permission to pray for someone and there are no conditions on the healing that means a person can be miraculously healed without having to give up their treatment until advised by a doctor that it is safe to do so.
- Fear: Fear can often cripple a believer into inaction but as we learn to trust in God we can step out into the unknown and be confident that God will not let us down or disappoint us (Timothy 1:72 ).
- Criticism: Once you start praying for people and seeing them healed you could be in the firing line for criticism or persecution. You are not alone Jesus went to the cross and many others have suffered but God will give you comfort and strength to overcome (Matthew 5:10).
- Send fan mail to authors
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 45,021 times.
Did this article help you?
Last updated: January 4, 2018
Prayers for healing can illustrate firsthand the incredible power of prayer. Through prayer for the sick and poor in health, we can find comfort in the most trying of times. Use these prayers, and keep them in your heart so they can remind you of God’s nearness.
The following prayers have been curated by pastors and clergy, while some come from rare, out-of-print prayer books.
God has been in the business of answering prayers for healing for a long time. Use these prayers as examples, and submit your own public prayer request at the bottom of this page.
Renew My Mind, Body and Soul
Lord, I come before you today in need of your healing hand.
In you all things are possible. Hold my heart within yours, and renew my mind, body, and soul.
I am lost, but I come to you with grace.
You gave us life, and you also give us the gift of
infinite joy. Give me the strength to move forward on the path you’ve laid out for me.
Guide me towards better health, and give me the wisdom to identify those you’ve placed
around me to help me get better.
In your name I pray, Amen.
To Heal a Friend
Think, o God, of our friend who is ill, whom we now commend to Your compassionate regard.
Comfort him upon his sickbed, and ease his suffering. We beg for deliverance, and submit
that no healing is too hard for the Lord, if it be His will.
We therefore pray that You bless our friend with Your loving care, renew his strength,
and heal what ails him in Your loving name.
Thank You, Lord.
A Prayer for Healing a Loved One
All our times are in Thy hand.
All diseases come at Thy call, and go at Thy bidding.
Thou redeemest our life from destruction, and crownest us with loving kindness and tender mercies.
We bless Thee, that Thou hast heard prayer, and commanded deliverances for our friend and
Thy servant, who has been under Thine afflicting hand.
He (or she) was brought low, but Thou hast helped him (her).
May he (she) not only live, but declare the works of the Lord!
As Thou hast delivered his eyes from tears, his feet from falling, and his soul from death,
may he daily inquire:What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits towards me,and
resolve to offer unto Thee the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and to call upon the name of the Lord.
May we ever remember that recovery is only a reprieve and
that some day we will go to our rest in the Lord.
May we therefore secure the righteous path and live with eternity ever in our view.
A Prayer to Jesus for Healing
Dear Lord, You are the Just judge, Holy and True. You are the Most High God. You give us life.
You hold all power in your hands.
You are the Mighty one from God who carries the world, and is ruler over all the earth.
You Oh Most Blessed One are the giver of life. In you are only good things.
In you is mercy and love. In you is healing of the nations.
In you is freedom of worry and freedom of pain.
Lord Almighty, You loved us so much. You were sent from your Father,
sent to save us from destruction. We truly can never make it to Heaven without the help of Jesus the Son,
who was sent to earth to help us.
You, Lord are full of mercy and grace, please forgive us for our faults.
Lord Jesus, in you all healing is performed. You Lord are the miracle worker.
In your Spirit, your gift of healing is alive. In you Lord we can put our trust that you can heal us,
and protect us from the enemy, and death of our soul.
You, Lord are miracle worker for the sick, and for the lost souls.
You, Lord forgive us and save us from condemnation. You cleanse us and make us born again new.
You give us a clean heart full of peace. You Lord are the Light.
In You is all truth. Your way Lord is the way to Heavenly Hope.
Your hands Lord created the universe. You Lord are the True giver of Life.
Every child is a miracle of Life. Life rests in Your Hands.
Wrap us as a close knit family, draw us near to you Lord, and bind us with your Loving Hands.
Let us be drawn closer to You. You are the Vine, dear Lord and we are the branches.
You carry all knowledge and all power. You Lord are our medicine. Your Words Lord are Truth and Life.
Help us put our trust in You. You Lord are the greatest physician.
You heal, You protect, You care, You love, You are kind, You are patient,
You are thoughtful, You are strength. You Lord are our Creator.
You know our thoughts, our sighings and our cryings and every hair on our head.
You are Wonderful and make all good things for us. Heal us Lord, if it be Your will.
A Prayer Against Disease
Lord, Your scripture says that you heal all diseases and whoever believes in You will not perish but have an everlasting life. Strengthen me, Lord, in this time of illness. Sustain him as he lays sick in his bed. When You were on Earth, you did all things good and healed all kinds of sickness.
You healed those who had diseases. You died and rose for our sins and that we may have eternal life, Lord. I believe in my heart that You are here with us today and that with Your most holy power will remove all sicknesses and evils that roam the earth. Let it be done in Your glory, Lord.
We praise and glorify Your name, Amen.
My Lighthouse of Hope
Most gracious and loving Father, I want to thank You for all the blessings Youve given me, my family and friends and all those I hold dear.
Thank You Lord for giving me another day to see the beauty of your creations. You know the state of crisis that I am in now Lord. I want to be of use again to You, Lord. In the time of my hospitalization, You Lord remain as my rock and my anchor.
You stand as my lighthouse giving me hope. I pray Lord that you will heal me soon.
In Jesus name, Amen.
A Prayer for Doctor’s Wisdom
Dear Lord, Guide my doctor’s hands and give him wisdom.
Show him the way and help him to heal me.
I put my faith in you and the medical professionals that you have brought to me.
A Prayer to Ease Pain
Almighty Father, Thank you for your love, grace and mercy. I pray that my discomforts will turn to comforts, my pains to gains, my deprivation to more blessings, my losses to profits, my tear to smiles, my sorrows to pleasures, my illness to wellness, my debts to credits and my dreams to realities.
As the scripture said “The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” And he “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
I trust in you Lord and in you alone to heal me with any form of skepticism towards blessing that you will be employed upon me. I trust, Lord, that this agony and suffering that is only in my head, will come to end and positivism will shine upon me as I read, hear, study and preach the truth in the Bible.
What does the Bible say about healing?
“Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he binds up; he shatters, but his hands heal.”
“And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospelof the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.”
“And the people, when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spoke unto them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.”
“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that you may be healed. The fervent prayer of a righteous man is effective and has great strength.”
Often times, it is good to look towards the scriptures for truth and understanding of this world. Click here to read more Bible verses about Healing or Life.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Healing”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Help my fathers health- Please St Jude – help my father with his health in the name of Jesus. …
- Healing for my sister- Almighty and everlasting father. I place my dear sister into your hands. Touch her from the crown of her head to the souls of her… …
- Healing for my son- Hello, please pray with me for my son Hamlet. He has a lipoma that needs to be surgically removed according to the doctors. I may… …
- Healing for Emmy- Thanks for your ministry’s concern in helping my family in getting our prayers answered. Below are our prayer needs: 1. Please pray for Emmy who… …
- Healing and protection- Please pray for healing for my family member who has glandular fever and for me and protection for all my family members and loved ones. …
- Healing- Please pray for Gus and Marina to be cancer free …
- Healing- Please pray that God removes a (slight) swelling inside my neck. …
- Heal our pain- I am asking to please pray for me and my sister as we are suffering from similar problems except she has stage 4 cirrhosis and… …
- Wound healing from surgery- Please pray that my surgical wound from carpal tunnel surgery will completely be closed. It’s been 3 weeks now and I will be going back… …
- Divine intervention- Divine healing from anemia and Gid’s Mercy and protection on us. …
- Deliverance- Please pray for me I struggle with assurance of salvation and come under great fear of death. please pray that I would learn to trust… …
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrom- Please Jesus heal this carpel tunnel in both of my wrist it’s really taking it’s toll on me thank you for my healing. …
- By His stripes I was healed- Asking our Lord, in Jesus name, to heal me and free me of mental and emotional bad feelings and to receive physical health. …
- Broken Body- Please pray for physical restoration and complete recovery to my body from the effects of a Stroke which resulted in right-side weakness leading to limited… …
- A prayer- Weight loss , anxiety , strength , protection , peace of mind , health and healing.. Dear Lord I come to you as humble as… …
- Heal my son- Dear lord I ask for physical emotional and mental healing for my son. …
- In need of a Miracle- Please pray for my daughter. She has a lump on her left side collarbone area. It has been there over 3 months and is getting… …
- Healing for my brother- Lord I seek your healing powers for my brother. You knew him before he was formed in his mother’s womb. You already have shown your… …
- Prayer for sis and mommy- Please pray for my sis Grace. Was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She is trusting the Lord. Last tumour marker test showed no cancer.… …
- Son- My son ethan is sick. …
More prayers posted in: Healing