Are you looking for a breakthrough? Waiting for something to happen that hasn’t happened in a long time?
God has a specific formula on how to get your breakthrough. Why is it some people can pray prayers and things happen right away while others have to wait for such a long time for anything to happen? We would like to share with you some scriptures and a step by step formula and prayer to step into your breakthrough for this year.
First, let’s look at some bible scriptures that give an outline for breakthrough and let’s look at some stories in the bible on how men and women of God have received exactly what they asked for in prayer.
1. Confess your sins. Repent.
There are some that think because we are Christians we don’t sin. This is not truth. We are still sinners and we sin just about everyday in our thoughts and deeds. Some are sins of commission (we did something wrong) or sins of omission (we failed to do something that we should do) Therefore, we need to ask for forgiveness of our sin BEFORE we ask God to give us anything. We have to make sure that there is nothing standing in the way of our prayers being answered.
Proverbs 28:13 (NIV)
“Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper,
but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.”
Psalm 66:18-20 (NIV)
“If I had cherished sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened;
but God has surely listened
and has heard my prayer.
Praise be to God,
who has not rejected my prayer
or withheld his love from me!”
2. Make sure that what you are asking for is the will of God
God is not going to answer prayers that are not according to His will. Find the scriptures in the bible that support your request and this will be the basis of your request. God’s word is the truth and He is obligated to fulfill His word.
1 John 5:14-15 (NIV)
“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.”
John 8:32 (NIV)
“Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
3. Ask God to endow you with faith to believe
For the breakthrough to happen you must have faith that God will answer your prayer.
Acts 1:8 (NIV)
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
4. Be Persistent. This is the most important point.
Ask, Seek, Knock! Ask, Seek, Knock! Imagine that I walk up to a house and I Ask someone outside if “so and so” is inside the house, I received no answer so my next step is to walk up to the house and Seek out the person so I may say “Hello, is “so and so” home?”. Then I take it a step further and I knock. When you are knocking on a door, you knock until someone opens it. The action of Knocking is repetitive. Go ahead, start knocking on a door and you’ll see that it’s not knocking until you’ve done it several times. No one goes up to a door, whispers, raps on it once and thinks that someone will answer. Therefore, when you go to God in prayer…Ask, Seek, KNOCK. Don’t get tired of asking…keep asking, keep seeking, keep knocking. This is a continual motion.
Matthew 7:7-12 (NIV) Ask, Seek, Knock
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”
Here’s another story of persistence…
Luke 18:1-8 (NIV)
The Parable of the Persistent Widow
“Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’ “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’” And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”
And a story of faith and persistence in prayer…
1 Kings 18:41-45 (NIV)
And Elijah said to Ahab, “Go, eat and drink, for there is the sound of a heavy rain.” So Ahab went off to eat and drink, but Elijah climbed to the top of Carmel, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees.
“Go and look toward the sea,” he told his servant. And he went up and looked.
“There is nothing there,” he said.
Seven times Elijah said, “Go back.”
The seventh time the servant reported, “A cloud as small as a man’s hand is rising from the sea.”
So Elijah said, “Go and tell Ahab, ‘Hitch up your chariot and go down before the rain stops you.’”
Meanwhile, the sky grew black with clouds, the wind rose, a heavy rain started falling and Ahab rode off to Jezreel.
We trust that this formula will help you to receive the breakthrough that you have been waiting for.
Here’s a prayer for your breakthrough
Most High God, I come before you covered under the blood of Jesus and I thank you for the forgiveness that He has imparted to me by dying for my sins. Forgive me of my iniquities and specifically for the sin of _________________________. I pray that you will give me the grace to continue to walk in truth and not fall into that sin again. I pray that you would bind the hand of the enemy so that I will not be tempted in this area again but I know that if he comes again you will provide a way for me to escape the temptation. Give me the heart and mind of Christ to love You as You have loved me. I pray that you would give me the faith to believe for the breakthrough in the area of __________________. You know how long I have waited for this. Forgive me for my sin of unbelief. Speak to my heart and show me if this is Your will. I know you are obligated to fulfill Your word. You are not a man that you should lie or the son of a man that you need to repent. I know Your word and Your promises are Yes and Amen. I can rely on Your immutability and on the answer to this prayer. Bring scriptures to my heart and mind that I can use to stand on your promises and receive my breakthrough. Most of all God grant me a persistent heart that I can continue to Ask, Seek & Knock until you open that door. Thank you for creating this opportunity where I have to bow my knee to your power and trust You. I ask all of these things in the precious name of Jesus, Amen.
When you get the scriptures that are specifically targeting your need, speak them daily and watch what the Lord will do!
We are certain that God will do a new thing in your life in this area and we would like to hear from you. Leave us a comment below.
Here is a list of bible verses based on numerous topics find the one that refers to you and use these for declarations.
You can also call one of the prayer lines and someone will pray with you over the phone.
Here are some Scriptures on faith and a Prayer for faith
Sometimes it’s hard to trust God especially when we don’t see any change in our circumstances. We exercise our faith mostly when we go through trials that force us to rely on God. Employment and financial challenges can be some of the most faith-building seasons in our life because God has an opportunity to reveal Himself as a provider, promise-keeper, and Father. Just think about the story of Job. He was wealthy, led a holy lifestyle, and walked in righteousness…the Bible says he was blameless before God. When God allowed the enemy to touch his circumstances pulling his wealth, family and even his health, Job maintained his position before God.
When we go through trials that weigh on our souls there is typically a holier level of living that God desires for us to reach. The process may not always be fun but it will be worth it. As you are patiently waiting on The Lord to turnaround your financial situation, it’s important to cultivate an active prayer life. Continue to keep a dialogue going with God regarding His purpose and plan for your life. Don’t bury yourself in depression or resign your identity to a position. Instead, let your identity rest in the Almighty God. Here are five prayers to condition Your heart to petition The Lord for breakthrough and financial turnaround.
From start to finish, the Bible is filled with many wonderful promises of God. More than that, every situation that we have faced or will ever encounter in our lives, there is an answer, a solution or strategy by which we can overcome. Today we present to you 19 Bible verses on God’s promises of victory for financial blessings. Believe on the Lord Jesus and watch God’s word come to life in your situation.
1. The Lord shall increase you more and more, you and your children. ~ Psalm 115:14 KJV
2. The lions may grow weak and hungry but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. ~ Psalm 34:10 NIV
3. But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today. ~ Deuteronomy 8:18 NIV
4. Praise the Lord, who carries our burdens day after day, he is the God who saves us. ~ Psalm 68:19 GNT
5. The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; ~ Psalm 24:1
6. Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prosper. ~ 3 John 1:2 KJV
7. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. ~ Deuteronomy 28:6 NIV
8. The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, without painful toil for it. ~ Proverbs 10:22 NIV
9. Humility is the fear of the Lord; its wages are riches and honor and life. ~ Proverbs 22:4 NIV
10. You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. ~ Psalm 145:15 NIV
11. I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. ~ Psalm 37:25 KJV
12. The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity – in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground – in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you. v.12 The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. v.13 The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. ~ Deuteronomy 28:11-13 NIV
13. On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made. ~ 1 Corinthians 16:2 NIV
Read also: 14 Verses On God’s Promises
14. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. v.11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty. v.12 Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land. ~ Malachi 3:10-12 NIV
15. Carefully follow the terms of this covenant, so that you may prosper in everything you do. ~ Deuteronomy 29:9 NIV
16. A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children, but a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous. ~ Proverbs 13:22 NIV
17. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. ~ Matthew 6:33-34 NIV
18. To the person who please him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness, but to the sinner he gives the task of gathering and storing up wealth to hand it over to the one who pleases God. ~ Ecclesiastes 2:26 NIV
19. And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:19 ESV
OVER TO YOU..
We hope that you enjoyed this post. Do you know of another bible verse on financial blessings? Please add it in the comment section below or share your thoughts with us. Let others benefit from this word by sharing it on your social media sites among your friends and family.
Are you struggling with your finances? Do you have more month that money? There are some practical things you can do to help turn your finances around. Here are 5 practical Biblical tips that will help you get the breakthrough you need.
1. Have a Budget. You have to have a budget! It doesn’t matter if you’re living paycheck to paycheck or earning six-figures a year, you need to know where your money is going if you want to have a handle on your finances. Budgeting lies at the foundation of every financial plan. Proverbs 21:5 tells us, “The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, but everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty.” Budgeting is being diligent in our financial planning.
The way you create a personal budget, is by listing all of your monthly expenses; tithe, taxes, savings, house, food, utilities, insurance, auto, clothes, etc. and total them up and compare them to the total income you make each month. Then begin to regulate your spending in line with your income and your future financial goals and needs. The first time a family goes through this process they are often shocked by how much they are spending. Many discover they are spending more than they are making . If that is the case, your first step is to begin making changes in what you’re spending so that you spend less than you make. If you don’t have a budget, do it now. It is the first step to financial breakthrough.
2. Live below your means. We live in a world and age of consumerism. There are influences and pressure coming at us from every direction to buy more and more and more – trying to “Keep up with the Jones’s” Hebrews 13:5 says, “Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have,” and Proverbs 21:20 says, “ treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.. ” If you want to achieve financial stability you don’t want to just live within your means, you want to take it a step further and live beneath your means.
Here’s what I mean by that, just because you can afford a certain lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to live it. Just because you can afford $1,500 a month on housing doesn’t mean you have to. How about spending $1,100 or $1,200 a month? You could put what you save into a high-yield savings account, which puts you closer to your goals. They way to get ahead financially is to “live below your means”!
3. Get out of debt. “Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.” (Romans 13:8) Getting out of debt requires three steps: 1) Stop aquiring new debt. Stop using credit. Don’t finance anything. You may need to cut up your credit cards 2) Start to aggressively pay off every debt. Put together a written plan to begin paying off your debts. 3) Start NOW. Do not put it off. Don’t make excuses, start today.
To stop using credit takes self discipline, and getting rid of debt will require some sacrifices. Some people skip annual vacations to generate extra cash for debt repayment, others look for extra jobs or other ways to earn extra money. Getting out of debt will help you reach financial stability.
4. Save and invest. Deuteronomy 28:8 says, “The Lord shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses...” . There is a biblical principle called the “storehouse”. Part of our responsibility of stewardship includes prudent saving – building storehouses.
We should set aside part of our income into our storehouses. To begin with you should accumulate an emergency fund of at least six months of living expense. Creating an emergency fund is vital. Once you have your emergency fund, begin investing every month and building up your storehouses. You should be saving a minimum of 10% of your income. When you have “storehouses”, God will command the blessing on them!.
5. Give tithes and offerings. I would have put this as number one, but if I did some of you would have stopped reading. Giving is such a huge part of God’s plan for financial stability and prosperity. Giving is a principle in the kingdom of God that works when you apply it. Proverbs 11:24 puts it this way, “One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.” It is a paradox. You may feel like you can’t afford to give. However, you can’t afford not to give.
Jesus said, “Where your treasurer is, there will your heart be“. (Matthew 6:21) Where you spend your money is evidence of what is really important to you. God created us to be givers and when we do, it sets us up for increase. It is called – giving and receiving, sowing and reaping, planting and harvesting. When we give we are sowing a seed, and that seed will bring a harvest into our life. For example, if you sow a smile, you will get a smile back.
Everyone can give. It is not how much you give, it is giving what you have. God never expects us to give something we don’t have. However, He expects us to give what we do have. Get into the rhythm of giving and receiving and it will accelerate your financial stability.
You may be in a very difficult place financially. Financial stability may seem impossible, or so far off that you feel hopeless. However, if you just start taking one small step at a time with an effective plan and the right amount of effort, you can reach all of your financial goals and more.
Put these five tips to work in your financial plan and watch how God can help!