Here, we have a prayer for family to ask for God’s help in strengthening a family’s bond. Sometimes, members of our families can be the cause of a lot of stress and worry.
Bring them closer to yourself, and God with this family prayer.
Table of contents
- 1 Prayer to Keep Family Together
- 2 Bible Verses about Family
- 3 Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
- 4 Recent prayer requests…
- 5 Prayer for Family Unity
- 6 Prayer for Protection Over Family Members
- 7 Prayer for a Troubled Family Relationship
- 8 Prayer for Grandchildren
- 9 Prayer for Your Family’s Strength
- 10 Prayer for a Healthy Pregnancy
- 11 Verses:
- 12 A Prayer for Strength
- 13 A Prayer for Strength and Encouragement
- 14 A Prayer for Strength to Endure
- 15 Additional Prayer Resources
Prayer to Keep Family Together
Say this prayer to help bring your family closer together. Make sure to say the names of any family member you want included in the prayer. Your husband (or wife), sons, daughters, father or mother.
Use this prayer, and write your own at the bottom of this page.
A Prayer for Family
Please shine your light upon my family.
Give us strength to overcome all of the
difficulties that we are dealing with now
and protect us against any and all problems
we may encounter in the future.
O Lord, please bring us together as we
are meant to be. May the love that binds
us only grow stronger as we fulfill the destiny
you have laid out for us.
Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we
have committed. May we also forgive one
another Lord, as it is sometimes difficult to do.
Bless us Lord,
In your name I pray, Amen
Bible Verses about Family
“For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.”
Check out what the bible has to say about family with these Bible Verses.
Family is an important part of one’s life, and is also very important to God. From Adam and Eve onward, God made humans to be together with love to guide and support one another. Through prayer we can make our families stronger.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer for Family”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Hope- Asking for Gods favor – need His touch on our infertility journey – believing that God will allow us to have a beautiful healthy baby… …
- Family Prayer- I’m asking for prayer for my husband who is struggling with depression, that he will be free in Jesus and have peace of mind. I’m… …
- My life- I come to you Lord and give it all to you, my husband lashing out at me with hateful words, and being scared of what… …
- Strength/ Children’s./ Family- I am requesting a prayer to give me strength and help me with my Austin kids . They can get a little overwhelmed in the… …
- Prayer for my family. Seeking peace- Please guide my father and mother. For 24 years now peace to us has been a trouble. My father has lived a life of anger,… …
- Divorce and Separation- My marriage is facing divorce,we have already separated. We have a son and I need God’s will to be done in and through our lives. …
- Pray for protection- I need protection reubuking satan from my life thoughts for protection. Of my family grandchildren and child and peace in the world. …
- Faith- Please Lord Jesus, Father pray for my Aunt Ida as she’s having open heart surgery this morning. Please give her the strength she needs to… …
- Prayer for deliverance- Dear God, please deliver my husband. Give him a discerning spirit of wisdom so that his heart and soul will constantly align with God and… …
- Family reconciliation- Please pray for family reconciliation . My husband left his family and lives with another woman. Pray that God intercedes and he finally accepts God… …
- God’s Divine Intervention- Dear God, Please hear and answer my prayers. Please help my husband obtain provisions for his self employment soon. Please help me be successful at… …
- Please protect my family- Lord Jesus please protect my brother from the person who wants to harm him. Please keep that person or people away from my brother and… …
- Family Love and wealth blessings prayer- Dear God, Its me again – Heavenly father please help my mother achieve her Tender dreams so she can be independent and not always have… …
- My family- I ask prayer for my family to get closer to God. For me to get back in church and closer to God. For my husband… …
- Oppression- In Jesus’ name please pray for me and my family’s deliverance from strong demonic oppressions and witchcraft which has us stagnated and delayed in our… …
- Direction- I need direction whether I stay in Colorado with my children or go back to my home in Branson.I have found it to be a… …
- Salvation for my family- Dear Prayer Partners Thank you for giving me a space to share my request please pray for my family, our struggles financially, spiritually and the… …
- Self Control- I’m having problems with self control when it comes to my sister, I can’t keep in my feelings towards her which causes confrontation. I pray… …
- General- In the Name of Jesus(ITNOJ)-please pray for me, my daughter & her family to always to be very, very safe, healthy, happy, enjoy life, be… …
- Prayer for strength- Lord, please guide always my husband in the right paths..please forgive him in all his sins. Please give us an abundant prosperous blessing in our… …
More prayers posted in: Family
Our family needs Your help today. We need Your peace, tranquility and an end to the discord. Please pour Your spirit upon us and continue to show us that peace is an embodiment that can only come through complete love, Christ’s love. As we lift our family strife to You, I ask that You please replace our disharmony with hope, compassion, and an abundance of blessings.
Give us strength and compassion to understand each other, wisdom and love to help each other, and the trust and patience we need to live peacefully together. Father please show us how to become a holy family … a family that works together as one … a family that embraces peace and love … a family whose members are dedicated to each other and to You. Through the Holy Spirit, Father, please sustain us and shine Your light as You lovingly guide us and our family through this season. In Jesus’ precious and mighty name. Amen.
Family Unity. It is a treasure to us all, and something very precious to each of us. The Lord blesses us with family members to lead, counsel, love and take care of, and in exchange, our family does the same for us. Praying for our family is something we should do daily. Whether someone you love needs God’s grace in a hard situation, or you simply want to bless his or her walk in life through our Lord Jesus Christ.
If the need for prayer and protection for your family and loved ones is what you are seeking most, whether in your own life, or in the life of someone you love, let us pray for you at the holiest place on earth, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. We have faith that sending your prayer to the place where our Lord Jesus Christ gave his life for us will help your request be granted! It is our honor and privilege to be a prayer warrior for you, and to ask the Lord to watch over you, protect you, and keep you, always. Please submit your prayer request today.
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” Acts 16:31
Prayer for Family Unity
Lord, I want to thank You for this precious family of mine. For the talents and good things that You have given each of us. Please keep us united, and our bond strong as the days pass. Please guide us, protect us and equip us to do Your will each and every day. Thank You for all that You are, and all that You have given us. My heart is forever grateful!
Prayer for Protection Over Family Members
Lord, I ask for protection and safety over my spouse, my children, my parents, my family members and myself today. Please lead us with Your mighty hands today and always. Deliver us from any enemy and evil that try to hinder our way. Do not let the ways of the enemy blind our eyes. We know that You are for us, so that no one could ever stop us. Please watch over us and guide us all safely throughout this day, so that we may all arrive safely back home, Father. Amen.
Prayer for a Troubled Family Relationship
Heavenly Father, there is a war going on in the souls of many of my family members. I will not be silent about this, and I pray that you will look after them. I also come to you today to pray for the salvation of my family as well. Lord, may my family know You. I pray that they will learn to crave You just as I do. I pray that they will learn to stand strong in the face of trials and tribulations in life. When people knock them down, I pray that they stand up even stronger in You than ever before. I pray that they show love instead of revenge on those who do not agree with them. Give me strength to persevere through any troubles that come my way today. It is time to rise above the sin that comes at me and to that of my family members. It is in Your precious name I pray these things.
Prayer for Grandchildren
Heavenly Father, You have blessed me with precious grandchildren, and I am ever so grateful! I pray for these little souls, Lord. I also want to thank you for my own children. I have raised them up to praise You, and to look to You in all things. I lift up my grandchildren to You today, Lord. These little ones are precious gems in Your eyes, as well as in mine, and that of our family. Please watch over them each and every day. Keep them safe, and guide them in all that they do. I ask these things in Your precious name. Amen.
Prayer for Your Family’s Strength
Please shine your light upon my family today, Lord. Give us strength to overcome all of the difficulties that we are currently dealing with, and protect us against any and all problems we may encounter in future days. Lord, please bring us together as we are meant to be. May the love that binds us only grow stronger as we fulfill the path and desires You have laid out before each of us. Grant my family forgiveness for any sins we have committed against one another. Amen.
Prayer for a Healthy Pregnancy
Thank you Father for the little baby that is about to be born. Lord, I pray that You would protect this unborn child that is being knit together in his/her mother’s womb, and I pray Lord that You would give grace for a safe and healthy delivery at the right time.
May this baby grow up to know and love the Lord Jesus, which will make him/her wise unto salvation. I pray for Your protection and grace for this little baby who is shortly to take his/her place in this world, and I ask that he/she may grow in wisdom and understanding. Guard and protect both mother and child as the day for delivery draws ever closer, and keep them from all the perils and uncertainties in this journey. Amen.
“I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.” 1 Corinthians 1:10
“How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!” Psalm 133:1
“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.” Proverbs 17:17
Have you ever needed supernatural strength to face a situation head-on, but not known what to pray? God is waiting and wants to offer us strength in time of need. Do not be afraid to pray and ask God for His strength to fall upon you! When you are weak, weary or unready to stand, and unsure of what to ask, pray along with these words!
A Prayer for Strength
Lord, I’m weary. My energy is sagging, and my motivation is lagging. And I am so in need of you. I need your strength and your fresh touch to get back on track again. Your Word says the joy of the Lord is my strength. If that’s true, then I need your joy to replace all the bone-tired parts of my mind, body, and soul.
The pressures of life sometimes push me into a corner, rendering me helpless to move forward. A hundred voices call my name, and I feel paralyzed at times to answer, not knowing where to turn. Lord, help me not to quit, to keep running the race faithfully, and to find strength in that safe, secret place of yours, under the shadow of the Almighty.
I need your strength to say no when I’m tempted to surrender to harmful things, or when selfishness clings to my clothes and won’t let go. I need your strength to say yes, when cowardice and fear nudge me to deny the convictions of my heart. I need your strength to reach out in love to those both close to me and all around me. When don’t I need your strength, God?
You are my rock, and I run to you today, believing that you will lift up my heavy arms, that you will fuel me for the tasks you’ve given me, and that your joy will completely consume the weakness of my life and make me strong again. I don’t want to stay grounded, crippled by limitations and failed attempts. I’m tired of feeble efforts. Lord, I want to mount up with wings like an eagle and not just fly. I want to soar.
Renew my strength, Lord. Fill me with your supernatural power to overcome each obstacle in my path. With my eyes on you, Lord, with you walking beside me, working through me, I can make it. Thank you, Lord!
In Jesus’s name, Amen
A Prayer for Strength and Encouragement
Lord, like David, I need your encouragement in a time of trial and anguish. Thank you that you are always on the throne, always my God, ready to save. Thank you for being the same God to me that you were to David. Thank you for always being near and always rescuing me from my fears and hurts. Lord, help me remember that daybreak might be just ahead, that this trial will not last forever. Fill me with hope that daybreak is coming and that your love will always prevail! In Jesus’ Name, Amen!
~ A Good Thing Devotional
A Prayer for Strength to Endure
Lord, I am weary and don’t know when this “race” will end in my life. I feel like I’ve been running forever, trying to outrun this trial. Help me to stop trying to outrun my pain but rather run with endurance the race you have set before me. I know that because of you I am ultimately a victor over the trials in my life. I know that nothing in this world can separate me from your steadfast love. Please give me a measure of your love today; give me the strength to endure this trial. Thank you for your love for me that never ends! And thank you for the crown of joy that awaits me forever in your Kingdom!
~ Adrian Rogers, Love Worth Finding
What are you praying for strength for today? Join our large praying community in the comments below and experience the power, hope, and comfort of being joined in prayer!
Here are more Prayers for Strength when you need God to lift you up in hard times!
Additional Prayer Resources
Here is a collection of some of our favorite Bible verses about the promises of God’s strength. May these give you hope and encouragement to persevere with a bold confidence! Find the complete list at BibleStudyTools.com’s Scripture page.
- “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” ~ Isaiah 40:29
- “those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” ~ Isaiah 40:31
- “But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.” ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9
- “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” ~ Psalm 46:1
- “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.” ~ Psalm 28:7-8
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart. She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com. You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.
Publication date: August 4, 2015, Updated: January 22,2018
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerPrayer for PeacePrayer for FaithPrayer for Love
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.