We offer prayers for teachers because teachers have the enormous responsibility of imparting knowledge to our children, and their job is often difficult!
Prayers for teachers are to be said for and by them, to bring guidance and divine support so that they may bring the word of God to others. The prayers are for Sunday school and religious educators, but apply in principle to all teachers.
There is also a prayer that teachers may say to request guidance for difficult and troubled students.
“Luke 6:40: There is no disciple who is superior to his teacher; but every one whose instruction is complete will be like his teacher.”
The following has been submitted by Olga de Juana. Thanks Olga!
Help me to be a fine teacher,
to keep peace in the classroom,
peace between my students and myself,
to be kind and gentle
to each and every one of my students.
Help me to be merciful to my students,
to balance mercy and discipline
in the right measure for each student,
to give genuine praise as much as possible,
to give constructive criticism
in a manner that is palatable to my students.
Help me to remain conscientious
enough to keep my lessons always interesting,
to recognize what motivates each of my students,
to accept my students’ limitations
and not hold it against them.
Help me not to judge my students too harshly,
to be fair to all,
to be a good role model,
but most of all Lord help me
to show your love to all of my students.
Sunday School Teacher’s Prayer
Father in Heaven, I thank You that
You have called upon me to take part in
the instruction of young people. See that
I am fit to do this honored work before me.
Grant me a clear understanding of Your word.
Teach me, that I may teach others. Help me
to realize the solemnity of instructing immortal
souls, and give me aptness to teach. Enable me
to set before my students a pious example.
Make Your word quick and powerful in the
hearts of all. Bless, I pray You, each of the
students committed to my care. Grant that
they may receive with all readiness of mind
the lessons of Your word, that they may be
brought to the full knowledge of Your grace
and to the true faith in Jesus Christ our Lord.
O Lord, bless also their parents. Help them
to bring up their children under the care and
admonition of the Lord. Sanctify them, that
they may feel a pious concern for the salvation
of their children. Grant Your blessing upon the
instruction and admonition of both parents and
teachers, that all these children may become full
members of Your church, and heirs of Your salvation.
May these children be motivated to also say
prayers for teachers as well. Bless, O Lord, the
superintendent and the pastor. May our school
and church prosper to the praise of Your holy name,
and to the salvation of all the members,
for Jesus’ sake, amen.
Prayer of a Sunday school student
Dear Father in Heaven, I pray for Your blessing.
I thank You for this Sunday school, where I may
learn more about You. I thank You that You
have called upon me into Your covenant by
baptism. Help me to remember my Creator
in the days of my youth, that I may not depart
from Your ways.
Bless our school, officers,
teachers and students alike. Help us to learn
Your truth with joy. Open our hearts that we
may receive Your word. Help us to love and
obey Your truth.
O Lord, bless my teacher
and give him or her much joy in teaching us.
Bless my parents, and help me to obey them
in Your name. Please forgive all my sins,
and help me to be Your obedient,
faithful child, for Jesus’ sake.
Prayer for Troubled Kids
Almighty God, Heavenly Father, whose mercies are new unto us every morning, and Thy faithfulness every night, grant us. we pray Thee, Thy Holy Spirit, that we may heartily acknowledge Thy merciful goodness toward us, give thanks for all Thy benefits, and serve Thee in willing obedience, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Merciful God, we pray on behalf of these children and youths, that they may be more and more renewed by Thy Holy Spirit. Grant that they may receive with all readiness of mind the lessons of Thy word, that they may be brought to full knowledge of Thy grace and to the true faith in Jesus Christ. Cause all sinful affections to die in them, and all things belonging to the Spirit to live and grow in them. Give them strength to gain the victory over the world, the flesh and the devil. Defend them against temptation and every pitfall. Let Thy fatherly hand supply their wants for this life, and let Thy Holy Spirit guide them in the way of Thy commandments. Make them living members of Thy Holy Church, and heirs through hope of Thine everlasting kingdom, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Almighty and gracious God, we ask Thy blessing upon all Thy servants to whom Thou hast committed the work of teaching the young; guide them, O Good Shepherd of the sheep, that they may be able to guide the lambs of Thy flock in the way of life; and give them Thy continued grace, that they may persevere in the good work which they have undertaken; reward them abundantly through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with Thee and the Holy Ghost, be all honor and glory, world without end. Amen!
Read Bible Verses about Teachers
“And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
Click here to read more Bible Verses about Teachers.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “Prayers for Teachers”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- For Teachers – We are expected to do so much , Lord. We are not miracle workers. We give and we work and nobody seems to care. Even …
- Christians scholarship – Opportunity Christians Scholarship English language in to nature English and served Of God to USA, Korea,Japan.
- Wrongfully accused – Assistant teachers have accused me of provoking students, grabbing,shouting at them and restraining. I have always used my best judgement when working with kids, but …
- Prayers that i may pass these 2018 teachers licensure examination – Dear god father, here i am again seeking for your kindness, please please lord in your holy spirit, gave me a change to past my …
- Prayer for my research project – My Father in Heaven. I place myself under your feet, hidden in the sacred blood of Jesus. I place my supervisor and my research project …
- Happiness for my daughter – Please, everyone join me in asking God to please help my daughter in her studies and advance her career. Please ask that her supervisor give …
- Teacher board exam prayer – I will pray to our God Jesus almighty, who will be taken a teacher board examination they will be passed. In jesus mighty name we …
- Pray for tomorrow meeting with a upset parent – Just share abit of what happened. On Friday, I received a note from one of my weaker and slower girl’s mum that a boy in …
- prayers for inner city program – I/my foundation is putting on a 3 day training workshop in cutting edge science for teachers from Los Angeles inner city. I’m partnering with Stephen …
- Passing all of my science classes – Please allow me to comprehended what my professor is saying and allow me now to be nervous for any reason while I am taking a …
- REMOVAL OF OBSTACLES TOWARD MY PhD – Some thing is making troubles as not to progress toward my PhD proposal development for this two solid years. Please pray that God paves the …
- Prayer for the community – (Dover, De, USA) Heavenly Father, you gather us together in our faith journeyTrusting in you, we join one another as a communityA community of faith …
- Prayer for Tired and Weary Teachers – (Hampton, VA USA) Father God, in the name of Jesus, I come to you this morning thanking and praising you for each new day and …
- Prayer for teacher on first day – Please pray for me. I am a new teacher on the first week of the job and the students are out of control. I believe …
- Prayer For Knowledge and Strength – Give me O Lord, I pray Theefirm faith, unwavering hopeperfect charity.Pour into my heartthe Spirit of wisdom and understandingthe Spirit of counsel and spiritual strengththe …
- a Special prayer for Ma’am Libay – Dear Lord,May thou Guide and give wisdom and knowledge to those doctors who will handle to ma’am Libay’s case, she will be undergoing operation (craniotomy) …
- Letter from God to teachers – My Dear Daughters and Sons,I want you to know that I am with you and that I love you so much. Ive been watching as …
- Simple Sunday school prayer – Dear heavenly Father.I thank you for this Sunday school to learn more about you and your word.Let us put aside all our distractions so that …
- Prayer for a the teacher in charge – Dear LordAlmighty God. protector. Guide. You are the ultimate organizer and guide. I pray that you will insure this trip to NYC goes without a …
- Teacher’s End of School Year Prayer – Dear Lord,The year is almost done and I need to know, how did I do? Did I do your will this school year? Lord, was …
- We pray for patience, wisdom, strength, and an endless supply of love for these children of God – Dearest Heavenly Father, please watch over us as we face this cruel world every day. Help us to see the good in all these children, …
- Prayer for for Students with Severe Discipline Problems – Abba Father, we ask to be filled with the fruits of Your Spirit and that You impart to us Your perfect wisdom that we seek.Please …
- Prayer for students with emotional and specialized academic needs – Lord, please give me the strength and wisdom to keep the peace within my reading intervention classes. I know that I am here to help …
- I pray that you bless me with a job at a daycare center – (Chicago, il) Dear Lord I pray that you bless me with a job at a daycare center. I am very good with kids and I …
- Prayer to be a great teacher – Lord I want to start this school year with strength to be a good role model and a effective teacher. I had a stressful and …
- Prayer for an English teacher of my daughter – LordPlease send your Holy Spirit to guide my daughter’s english teacher. Let her see the importance of fostering enthusiasm in education. Let her know that …
- A Special Prayer for My Grandmother – Jesus,Lord and Savior I ask a special prayer for my granddaughter that you come into her life and show her the way. I am so …
- That the spirit of God will reign and that those who believe in Jesus Christ will.take a stand and pray for school – Please pray for a school that is failing according to government standards. Test scores are low, student behavior is put of control, teachers are discouraged …
- Prayer for a student teacher Annie – Heavenly Father please come down upon Annie. Bless her. Help her find the resources she needs to teach her kids successfully. May her supporting teacher …
- Prayer for students who are to give competitive exam – God! You know students well & their capabilities.Student’s get depressed during competitive examination due to the thoughts of their future life.so please let them get …
- Prayer For Teachers who educate our children – Please pray for the teachers who are scheduled to lose their jobs in June if the budget of California is not settle. Thes fine teachers …
- Prayer for a teacher to be kind – GOD,I don’t know who she is or what she is.But I know that she is a teacher.She will be there to interview me on 30/5/2012.God …
- Before class prayer for a Teacher – Father Almighty, help me to share wisdom to my students,Give me the strength to mold them to become a responsible citizen,Make me as your instrument …
- Prayer for blessing family and friends – Almighty God ,Bless me and and my family,Bless my friends, teachers and everyone, Almighty God bless us all,In your shade can we rest,On your lap …
- First days for uncertain assignament – Dear Lord I ask for my husband teaching challenges, guide him the way you know, we fully trust your will be done. He feels lost …
- Prayer to excel and prosper in future endeavors – Heavenly Father, I ask that you and your followers pray for wisdom, strength and success for my daughter whose life long dream is to teach …
- school prayer – Dear father in heaven your children are here before you we offer this day all we do think and say please give light to our …
- Prayer for petition – Lord, grant me wisdom that i may be as effective and love by my students. Grant me the opportunity to have teaching loads with high …
- teacher – thank you
Teacher prayer – how to pray words of encouragement. Teachers have great influence on our nation. They are heroes that should be recognized and respected in our society, although not all are outstanding as anyone might go to college to become a teacher without a passion for teaching. Nevertheless, many are unique, a good mentor and role model and have the ability to sow the seed of love and hope in the lives of their student. Teaching is a divine gift and talent which only a few are blessed with. Teachers in many ways have touched so many lives around them in a positive way. They usually serve as friends, guides, and encourage their students to dream big.
Whenever you look down the memory lane you can always remember that special teacher or teachers that gives you strength when hope lost, cheer you up whenever you down and ensure you acquire that specific skill or help brings out the best in you. Such wonderful people deserve our respect, support and prayers to be healthy, happy and be put in God’s care even as they nurture young minds to become great. The teachers appreciated could be your formal teacher, kid’s teacher, online coach, and the likes.
Even the Bible makes us understand that teaching is a highly responsible and challenging work. “Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness” (James 3:1-2).
Here is teacher prayer for those special ones in our lives that we care about.
We come to you today to give thanks for the lives of our teachers. And we appreciate you for how you always impact in student each day in the classroom. We pray for God’s wisdom and knowledge for them to make good judgment when serving us and next generation to come. Fill their heart with joy, peace to overcome stress and anxiety whenever it comes. Give them the grace to help and encourage student achieve their dreams/goals in life. Please Lord, give them the strength to face and manage every challenge on their path without growing weary. We are grateful for the gift of knowledge share and how they are shaping the future our generation. Bless them as they bless us and care for our children even in our absence. All this we ask in Jesus Name. Amen.
This second prayer is suitable for a teacher to pray for their own work and student. Read this teacher prayer:
I thank you for another school year, I pray you fill me with understanding to instruct and teach others in the right way. Help me to see each potential in my student and bring out the best in them. I ask for the patient to impart knowledge to others. Teaching is a huge responsibility but I believe with you by my side everything will be easy, help me to trust and depend on you.
Oh Lord, help me to love and care for my students, to be disciplined as well be fair in my judgment towards any issue. Teach me how to relate to all parent/guardians and co-workers in peace and humility. Show me how to serve, give and love as you have taught us in your word. I trust in you to lead and help me overcome every challenge ahead of me this year because I know I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me in Jesus Name I pray. Amen.
Teachers deserve our prayers and words of encouragement
Showing love and appreciation is a powerful act of human decency most especially when it comes from the grateful heart, both the person showing the appreciation and the recipient are enriched and renewed. “A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed” (Proverbs 11:25).
Teacher prayer is one great way to appreciate the effort of teachers in our society. After our immediate family teachers have the greatest influence during childhood transition to adulthood. They are reasons for many doctors, engineers, lawyers, and all other professional in our society. The quality of teaching has a significant impact on children’s learning in school.
Most of them are good listeners and solution finder. They always listen to their students and help them during a difficult situation. Most times you feel comfortable and secure sharing your secrets and problems with them cause you are sure of their understanding, trust, and guide. They act as a great friend and a good listener to us.
Good teachers are always positive. They speak words that will encourage and plants positive ideas in the mind of their student. This, however, allows their student to think in a positive and confident way while they discover themselves. So this word gives strength and hopes to the one who is lacking in a certain area or the other. Even when teachers have a personal problem they leave it behind to have a lively, joyful and interesting classroom environment. They therefore deserve a teacher prayer to keep them going and stay stronger.
They help boost student confidence. Through the help of our teachers, we are able to discover and express ourselves in a way that we enjoy. Many students are talented and also have passion towards certain thing but fear and lack of self-esteem and confidence have been a huge hindrance to achieving goals or acquiring the necessary skills that will help us. Finally, many good teachers see this weakness and have helped many students in this aspect to overcome fear.
Teachers are the nation builders
The strength of every profession develops from the knowledge and skills imparted by our teachers. Teaching is a challenging job burdened with many tasks yet people in this field often face discouragement and break down. It takes commitment, passion and good heart for a teacher to be a role model, motivator and ideal mentor for their student. Are you thinking of one special teacher as you read this post? You can reach out to the fellow through teacher prayer or write encouragement message with Bible verses and sent as an email or text to your teacher, it’s just a nice way of showing gratitude for their love and to brighten their day.
Also read: WHAT IS THE POWER OF PRAYER?
What We DoPrayer Network
Communing with God is at the center of our education improvement strategy. We pray to God, in the name of Jesus Christ, to show us how to best teach his little precious ones. And when we teachers are down and in despair, God lifts up our heads and moves us forward with a renewed joy and strength. TWP offers educators an opportunity to start TWP chapters at their local school and join a network of praying teachers across the country–and eventually the world. In addition to the resources on this website, we offer a national prayer call on Monday nights 7-8pm CST at 720-820-1447 so that every teacher can start their week in a community of love, prayer, and support.
Be a Teacher Who Prays
Conferences & Retreats
Each year we host two main events: the EDify Retreat in the fall and the TWP Annual Conference in the spring. We also host various half- and whole-day events to encourage teachers to express their faith in Christ through prayer-driven, excellent teaching. We provide teachers with top-notch presenters–highly skilled and experienced educators who have worked in urban, suburban and rural settings–to help teachers process their daily school challenges with an faith-based lens. These are professional development opportunities that teachers of faith don’t want to miss.
A strong curriculum is the hallmark of good instruction. Even God provided us with a curriculum–the 66 books of the Bible! TWP is thrilled to offer you our first publication, a 12-month teacher prayer guide entitled, O Heart, Vigilant and Sincere. This weekly devotional was created by six teachers who work in urban, suburban and rural schools around the country. We strongly encourage TWP chapter leaders to use this prayer guide to facilitate their school-based prayer meetings. O Heart, Vigilant and Sincere seeks to unite TWP educators from around the world through weekly themes and scripture text. Please download it today for a donation to Teachers Who Pray of any amount.
A Teachers Prayer
Lord, let me be just what they need.
If they need someone to trust, let me be trustworthy.
If they need sympathy, let me sympathize.
If they need love, (and they do need love), let me love, in full measure.
Let me not anger easily, Lord but let me be just.
Permit my justice to be tempered in your mercy.
When I stand before them, Lord, let me look strong and good and honest and loving.
And let me be as strong and good and honest and loving as I look to them.
Help me to counsel the anxious, crack the covering of the shy, temper the
rambunctious with a gentle attitude.
Permit me to teach only the truth.
Help me to inspire them so that learning will not cease at the classroom door.
Let the lessons they learn make their lives fruitful and happy.
And, Lord, let me bring them to You.
Teach them through me to love You.
Finally, permit me to learn the lessons they teach.
I want to teach my students how
To live this life on earth
To face its struggles and its strife
And to improve their worth
Not just the lesson in a book
Or how the rivers flow
But how to choose the proper path
Wherever they may go
To understand eternal truth And know
The right from wrong
And gather all the beauty of a Flower
And a song for if
I help the world to grow In wisdom
And in grace
Then I shall feel that I have won
And I have filled my place
And so I ask Your guidance, God
That I may do my part
For character and confidence
And happiness of Heart.
God grant me wisdom, creativity and love.
With wisdom, I may look to the future
and see the effect that my teaching will
have on these children and thus adapt my
methods to fit the needs of each one.
With creativity, I can prepare new and interesting
projects that can challenge my students and expand
their minds to set higher goals and dream loftier dreams.
With love, I can praise my students for jobs well done
and encourage them to get up and go when they fall.
A Teacher’s Reflection
God, I have come to the frightening conclusion.
I an the decisive element in the classroom.
It is my personal approach that creates the climate.
It is my daily mood that makes the weather.
As a teacher I possess tremendous power to make a child’s
life miserable or joyous.
I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration.
I can humiliate or humour, hurt or heal.
In all situations it is my response that decides whether a crisis
will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or
Grant me the insight and patience to make the right decisions
to model Jesus in my classroom.
Everything depends on the person who stands in the front of
the classroom. The teacher is not an automatic fountain from which
intellectual beverages may be obtained. He is either a witness or a
stranger. To guide a pupil to the promised land he must have been there
himself. When asking herself: do I stand for what I teach? do I believe
what I say? she must be able to answer in the affirmative.
What we need more than anything else is not textbooks but textpeople.
It is the personality of the teacher which is the text that the pupils read:
the text that they will never forget.
At Grading Time
There they sit, Father,
a neat stack of yellow report cards.
And here I sit,
an anxious and bewildered Solomon,
praying in my heart for wisdom,
while the controversy about grading surges on.
Should there be an objective standard
whereby children are measured against other children?
And how do we weigh a child’s achievement
against his ability and effort?
Can we penalize a child for having little natural ability,
when he can’t get a high mark
no matter how hard he tries?
And what about the child for whom “A”s come easily?
Will he skim through school never knowing what it is to try?
And what is happening
when an “A” becomes so important that a child will
cheat for it,
perhaps to avoid abuse at home?
So here I sit, Father,
forced to take these cards seriously
because other people do.
Long on questions,
short on answers.
as I reach reluctantly for the top card,
let me also reach for your promise:
“If any one of you lacks wisdom,
let him ask of God.”
Other Links for Teachers Prayer: