A Soldiers Prayer can be one of two things. It can be a devotional; a prayer to keep the soldier safe, out of harms way, and brave. Also, though, it can be the prayer a soldier says to keep himself close to God while away from home.
At the bottom of this page, you can share your prayer for a soldier, and help pray for others out in the battlefield.
A Prayer for Soldiers
should fate find us in battle,
May our cause be just.
May our leaders have clear vision.
May our courage not falter.
May we be triumphant an earn victory
as we show mercy to our enemies.
May our efforts bring lasting peace.
May our sacrifice be always
appreciated by those we serve.
May we return to our loved ones unharmed.
Should we be harmed, may our wounds heal.
Should we perish in the struggle,
may God embrace us and find for us
a place in His Kingdom.
We all need courage no matter our station in life. We need the courage to live gully as God would have us do. But, soldiers have a special need for courage. May God be with you and provide you with the courage needed to carry out your daily tasks, may they be on the battlefield, or safe at home.
A Prayer for Courage
Lord, I ask for courage.
Courage to face and conquer my own fears….
Courage to take me where others will not go.
I ask for strength…
Strength of body to protect others..
Strength of spirit to lead others.
I ask for dedication…
Dedication to my job, to do it well…
Dedication to my country, to keep it safe.
Give me Lord, concern…
For those who trust me and compassion for those who need me.
And please Lord…..
Through it all be at my side.
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall
abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.
The prayer below was submitted by A.C.
Lord hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need, Amen.
If you know someone who is at war, or are a soldier yourself, we invite you to say a prayer below. By doing so, the entire Prayers For Special Help community will be able to pray with you.
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Soldiers Prayer”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- God give me strength- My husband just left on a 5 months deployment. This is our first since we have been married. We have an infant son. This has… …
- Bring home future husband- James Campbell a soldiers who is stop from entering in the United Stated because passport have expired and his bank care will not work in… …
- Basic Training Prayer- Please pray for success for G in basic army training. Please God grant him health of body mind soul and spirit. May he have the… …
- Warfare against lust- Heavenly Father help me to stay in the battle, fighting strongly, against the battle of my mind over lust, every hour, every day until I’ve… …
- Pray for protection- Please pray for Anthony Bates ….may the Lord be with him and protect him .he is an American soldier right now they are in Libya… …
- Prayer for my deployed boyfriend’s safety- Dear lord, I come to you with a humble request that you may protect my boyfriend. Keep him, safe lord. Give him strength dear lord.… …
- Lost- I am so lost. I do not know myself or recognize my face in the mirror. But my physical pains have become unbearable…Again. I don’t… …
- Job vacancy- Kindly good people help pray with me to get a vacancy in the military may God bless you all. …
- Repose of Souls- For the spiritual and physical protection of my cousin Tommy, who is in the military. …
- Wrongful termination of rehab- God please direct me to saying the right things so I don’t get kicked out of this awesome veteran rehab program. I’ve done everything they… …
- Prayer for successful basic training- Please pray for a young man to complete his very difficult basic training and to successfully move on in his career. …
- Strength and wisdom- Urgent prayers for my grandson who is in the military in California to be transferred to a safe location where he can get the right… …
- Calm misguided anger- Dear lord in heaven full of wisdom and grace protect me from misguided anger and vengeance, and I pray for them to understand that this… …
- Protection against war- Lets pray for them .help me to pray for them for their safety and protection. May God bless them .May God bless their operation. …
- Strength both in body and mind for my Marine Son- My son is attending school on a naval base (although he is a Marine).His girlfriend of 3 years cheated on him while he was gone… …
- Bless our Area- Lord I praise you and Thank You for all I have and all I am Please Bless all Soldiers who are risking there lifes to… …
- Pray for a Soldier- Please pray for my friend Dele, a soldier that was deployed to Nigeria. His health is not that good right now, and I need all… …
- Come Home- Please my son come home from Afghanistan! …
- Prayer request for a job examination- A prayer request for a new job examination (clerk), Please pray for me so that i will get success not only in my exams but… …
- Prayer for my son-in-law- Lord hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform… …
More prayers posted in: Soldiers
This is a soldiers prayer and also some bible verses for the soldiers and the military families.
Father God, Forgive me of my sins and let nothing stand in the way of our communication today. I thank you for giving me a calling and a purpose in life. I thank you that you have not given me a spirit of fear but of power, love and of a sound mind. I pray that you would shield me from harm. Cover me in your entire armor. I put on the helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the belt of truth, the boots of peace, the shield of faith and the sword of the spirit. No weapons that are formed against me this day shall prosper and tongues that rise against me are condemned in the name of Jesus. Give me supernatural awareness in the spiritual realm. Be my eyes and ears Jesus and send forth your angelic army to fight on my behalf. Send the angels before me to clear the way. Let your angels fight against any demonic forces that may come against me today. Fill me with your courage and bravery. Impart wisdom and understanding. Show me the way that I should take in every decision that I make today. Be my rear guard. Protect my family. Provide for my family. Surround them with peace and give them a courageous heart. I pray for those who are fighting with me this day. Give them spiritual insight and those who don’t know you Lord may they come to that saving relationship in you Jesus. Thank you for hearing and answering this prayer, in Jesus Mighty name, Amen.
Here are some bible verses for soldiers and those in the military:
2 Chronicles 32:6-8 New King James Version (NKJV) “Then he set military captains over the people, gathered them together to him in the open square of the city gate, and gave them encouragement, saying, “Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid nor dismayed before the king of Assyria, nor before all the multitude that is with him; for there are more with us than with him. With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the Lord our God, to help us and to fight our battles.” And the people were strengthened by the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.
Isaiah 43:2 (NKJV) “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.”
Romans 5:1-5 (NKJV) “Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.”
Here are some other prayers for the military and their families:
The Psalm 91 Prayer for a Hedge of Protection
Bible Verses to Pray for Protection and Against Fear
Putting on the Armor of God in Prayer
Prayer for Depression and Tips on How to Cope
Prayer for Alcoholism: 12 Steps Christian Scriptures and Recovery Tips
Prayer for PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder