A week or so ago I put together a massive post with well over a hundred bible verses about money and talked about how we need to make sure that we always put God first in our lives before money – and everything else.
We can easily allow money to become our master, and God can quickly move to the background if we’re not careful.
No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. Matthew 6:24
One thing that occurred to me in the midst of listing all those verses, however, is that I never really touched on a topic that seems to be especially important right now in the midst of a double dip recession when so many people are having a hard time. The idea of looking to God for strength in the midst of hard times.
Table of contents
- 1 Bible Verses About Strength
- 2 Where Do We Find Strength?
- 3 Don’t Worry Or Fear, Find Your Strength In Him
- 4 God Gives Us A Spirit Of Strength And Power
- 5 Hard Times May Come, But He’s There With Us Through Them All
- 6 Strength In Christ Our Lord And Savior
- 7 Bible Verses for Strength in Hard Times
- 8 Inspirational Bible Verses About Strength
- 9 Famous Bible Verses About Strength
- 10 Bible Verses About Strength and Hope
- 11 Bible Verses About Strength in Hard Times
- 12 Short Bible Verses About Strength
- 13 Bible Verses About Strength and Faith
- 14 Bible Verses About Strength And Love
Bible Verses About Strength
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Today I decided to bring together some encouraging and challenging verses talking about how and where we need to find strength in the midst of turbulent times. I hope you find them uplifting as well.
Where Do We Find Strength?
Where do we find our strength? In the Lord our God!
Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.
Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.
Nehemiah 8:10 Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.
Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Exodus 15:2 The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him— my father’s God, and I will exalt him!
Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Psalm 34:10b Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
Isaiah 26: 3-4 Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock.
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!
Psalm 32:7-8 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Exodus 33:14 My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.
Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.
Psalm 34:17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles.
Isaiah 30:15 In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength.
Don’t Worry Or Fear, Find Your Strength In Him
It can be so easy to give into worry, fear and despair, but with Him we can find strength, and look forward to wonderful things. He gives us hope!
Isaiah 43:1-3 Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Luke 12:25-26 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? 26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?
Philippians 4:6 Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 27: 1-3 The LORD is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked advance against me to devour me,it is my enemies and my foes who will stumble and fall.Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear;though war break out against me,even then I will be confident.
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Psalm 145: 18-19 The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
God Gives Us A Spirit Of Strength And Power
Through faith in Christ we are given a spirit of power, love and discipline, and for that reason we have nothing to fear. We can hold onto his promises and be confident that he’ll see us through even the darkest of days.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
Psalm 138:3 When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted.
Psalm 16:8 I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 62:1-2 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Psalm 112: 1, 7-8 Praise the Lord! Happy are those who fear the Lord. They are not afraid of evil tidings; their hearts are firm, secure in the Lord. Their hearts are steady, they will not be afraid.
Psalm 91:1-2 You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress; my God in whom I trust.”
Psalm 112: 1, 7-8 Praise the Lord! Happy are those who fear the Lord. They are not afraid of evil tidings; their hearts are firm, secure in the Lord. Their hearts are steady, they will not be afraid.
Hard Times May Come, But He’s There With Us Through Them All
Though we aren’t promised an easy life, we are told that Christ will be there with us when we believe in Him, that he won’t give us more than we can handle with His help, and even our hard times can be used to glorify God.
2 Corinthians 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
Philippians 4: 12-13 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation . . . . I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
2 Thessalonians 3:3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.
Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.
1 Peter 5: 10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
Hebrews 4:16 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.
Strength In Christ Our Lord And Savior
As the verses above illustrate, we’re told to call on Jesus Christ, and that he will hear us and give us strength, hope and a grace sufficient to carry us through. He will be our ever present help when we’re in need, and he can give us a peace that passes all understanding. For me that’s extremely encouraging.
How about you? Do you have any favorite bible verses about strength, and where you can find it? Did one of the verses above stick out more than the others for you? Tell us your thoughts in the comments!
Want to find more verses on Strength in the Bible and don’t have your own? Get a free Bible.
- Bible Verses About Money
- Bible Verses About Faith
- Bible Verses About Hope
- Bible Verses About Investing
- Bible Verses of Encouragement
- Bible Verses About How To Get Rich Quick
- Bible Verses About Contentment
- Bible Verses About Thanksgiving & Appreciation
- Bible Verses About Worry
- Bible Verses About Overcoming Adversity, Struggles And Hardship
- Bible Verses About Wealth
“And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.” And after six days Jesus took with him Peter and James and John, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. And he was transfigured before them, and his clothes became radiant, intensely white, as no one on earth could bleach them. And there appeared to them Elijah with Moses, and they were talking with Jesus. And Peter said to Jesus, “Rabbi, it is good that we are here. Let us make three tents, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah.” …”
Mark 9:1-50 ESV
“And as soon as it was morning, the chief priests held a consultation with the elders and scribes and the whole Council. And they bound Jesus and led him away and delivered him over to Pilate. And Pilate asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” And he answered him, “You have said so.” And the chief priests accused him of many things. And Pilate again asked him, “Have you no answer to make? See how many charges they bring against you.” But Jesus made no further answer, so that Pilate was amazed. …”
Mark 15:1-47 ESV
“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
Romans 8:28 ESV
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
Galatians 2:20 ESV
“Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.”
Hebrews 7:25 ESV
“The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. As it is written in Isaiah the prophet, “Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way, the voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight,’” John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. And all the country of Judea and all Jerusalem were going out to him and were being baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins. …”
Mark 1:1-45 ESV
“And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. And many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even at the door. And he was preaching the word to them. And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. And when they could not get near him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him, and when they had made an opening, they let down the bed on which the paralytic lay. And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” …”
Mark 2:1-28 ESV
“Again he entered the synagogue, and a man was there with a withered hand. And they watched Jesus, to see whether he would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse him. And he said to the man with the withered hand, “Come here.” And he said to them, “Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?” But they were silent. And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” He stretched it out, and his hand was restored. …”
Mark 3:1-35 ESV
“I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
Philippians 4:13 ESV
““For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”
John 3:16 ESV
We don’t have to wonder if we will have trials; we’re told to expect them. But the good news is we don’t have to face those trials alone. The God of the universe is watching out for us and wants to help us find strength and a stronger faith.
When my sister went missing in 1982, I was able to call on God and he encouraged me through his Word. May these verses do the same for you, no matter what trials you face. May your strength increase today and your faith stand strong.
Bible Verses for Strength in Hard Times
1. “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?” (Jeremiah 32:27)
Often we think because our trial is big to us, that it will be too big for God almighty. But God is able to handle anything we go through, and He does that for every person who calls on Him.
2. “Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation.” (1 Peter 4:12-13)
When we are in a trial, it seems like it will never end, But God is a God of all time; He knows exactly how long our trials will endure and He will give us the strength we need to get through them.
3. “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
Often when we’re facing a trial, because we don’t know what is in our future, we forget God knows. He transcends time. He is the God of our present and He’s in the future as well. It just makes sense that we would let Him guide us since He knows infinitely more about our lives than we do.
4. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Often we spend countless time and all our energy trying to figure out what we should do when we have difficulties. We end up leaning on everything but God. But this verse assures us if we lean on Him, He will direct us. He will make our paths straight. What a reassurance that is. There is no path that God cannot make straight.
5. “Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
Trials have a way of wearing us down and before long, we don’t think we can put one weary foot in front of another. The enemy of our soul whispers that we are alone and that we will never make it. God reassures us that He is with us. God will give us the strength we need; He will help us and will uphold us. And if God upholds us, we’re going to be okay.
6. “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” (John 14:26-27)
God has not left us alone in this world. To those of us who know Jesus as Savior, He has given us his Holy Spirit. And it is His Spirit who reminds us of what God says in His Word. The peace God gives us is a peace the world cannot even understand. It’s a peace that will settle our hearts and give our minds rest.
7. “Cast your burden upon the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never allow the righteous to be shaken.” (Psalm 55:22)
God is waiting for us to take whatever troubles us and to cast that onto Him. The problem is sometimes we do that and then we let worry come in, and we snatch out problems back from God. But if we really were able to cast it on Him, then we would know He is more than able to handle whatever we are facing. God understands that doubts will sometimes creep in. Even Thomas had doubts. Still, God encourages us to trust that He will sustain us. He will help steady us no matter how shaky the world gets.
8. “For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?” (Matthew 6:25-27)
God often speaks about the sparrows around us. He tells us that we are worth more to Him than these little birds. He says this to make a point. If the God of the universe cares about the welfare of tiny, little birds, how much more does He care about us? The ones who were made in His own image. He tells us that we should not worry, just as those birds don’t give a second thought to where they will eat. Instead they trust the Father’s hand.
9. “Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With a long life I will satisfy him And let him see My salvation.” (Psalm 91:14-16)
God is our rescuer. The One who will come when we call and who will take us to safety. We acknowledge that we know Him and he gives us His protection. We call on Him and He responds. And He just doesn’t watch us in trouble, He delivers us out of it. And then He honors us and blesses us with long life. God shows us He is looking out for us, and all He asks is that we call on Him.
A Prayer for Hard Times
Lord, help us when we face trials in this life. Help us to call on You, knowing You always hear us. Help us to lean on You instead of leaning on our own understanding. Give us the strength we need, and remind us always that You are aware of what touches us. You see even one sparrow that falls and we are worth more than sparrows. Thank you Lord, for not leaving us comfortless. Thank You for Your great love. We pray this in Jesus’ precious name. Amen.
Anne Peterson is well acquainted with trials, having lost many people in her life. She is a poet, speaker and published author of ten books. Some of which are: Her memoir, Broken: A Story of Abuse and Survival, three children’s books: Emma’s Wish, The Crooked House, and Lulu’s Lunch. She has also authored the poetry books Droplets, and the series He Whispers. While Anne enjoys being a poet, speaker and published author, her favorite title is still ‘Grandma’ to her three grandchildren here, and one in heaven. To find out more about Anne you can visit her at:
Photo courtesy: Thinkstockphotos.com
Publication date: February 15, 2017
The Bible is a major source of strength, inspiration, and encouragement for many, not just the Bible, but the word of God that is embedded in it. It can give strength to the weak, and restore healing to the sick. The issue most times is that many people don’t know the efficacy of the Bible. They just see it as a mere book that they consult once after a long time (that is if they do at all), but the truth still remains that the word of God carries the solution to all of life’s problems. Here is a list of some Bible verses about strength.
Inspirational Bible Verses About Strength
1. Psalm 16:8 – I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
2. Psalm 55:22 – Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
3. 1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
4. Isaiah 41:10 – Fear thou not; for I with thee: be not dismayed; for I thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
5. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 – And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
6. Matthew 11:28 – Come unto me, all that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
7. Psalms 39:7 – And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope in thee.
8. Nehemiah 8:10 – Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for day holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
9. Mark 12:30 – And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this the first commandment.
10. Daniel 10:19 – And said, O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong. And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me.
11. Isaiah 40:21-30 – Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?
12. Isaiah 40:1-31 – Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
13. Exodus 13:14 – And it shall be when thy son asketh thee in time to come, saying, What this? that thou shalt say unto him, By strength of hand the LORD brought us out from Egypt, from the house of bondage:
14. Hebrews 13:4 – Marriage honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
15. Ephesians 6:10 – Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
16. Romans 5:6 – For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
17. Acts 13:1-3 – Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
18. John 5:8 – Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
19. John 18:1-40 – When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples.
100+ Most Famous Bible Verses
Over 150 Best Bible Verses Bible Verses of the Day
20. John 5:11 – He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
21. Luke 10:27 – And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
22. Luke 1:51 – He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
24. Matthew 5:13 – Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
25. Proverbs 8:14 – Counsel mine, and sound wisdom: I understanding; I have strength.
26. Psalms 81:1 – (To the chief Musician upon Gittith, of Asaph.) Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.
27. Psalms 27:1 – ( of David.) The LORD my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
28. Psalms 19:14 – Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
29. Psalms 18:2 – The LORD my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower.
30. Job 21:23 – One dieth in his full strength, being wholly at ease and quiet.
31. Jeremiah 17:5 – Thus saith the LORD; Cursed the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
32. Jeremiah 12:5 – If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses? and in the land of peace, thou trustedst, , then how wilt thou do in the swelling of Jordan?
33. Isaiah 43:1-28 – But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called by thy name; thou mine.
34. Proverbs 21:22 – A wise scaleth the city of the mighty, and casteth down the strength of the confidence thereof.
35. Psalms 46:1 – (To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth.) God our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Famous Bible Verses About Strength
36. Lamentations 1:14 – The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into hands, I am not able to rise up.
37. Lamentations 1:11 – All her people sigh, they seek bread; they have given their pleasant things for meat to relieve the soul: see, O LORD, and consider; for I am become vile.
38. Isaiah 10:13 – For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done , and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant :
39. Isaiah 1:1-31 – The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
40. Lamentations 1:14 – The yoke of my transgressions is bound by his hand: they are wreathed, come up upon my neck: he hath made my strength to fall, the Lord hath delivered me into hands, I am not able to rise up.
41. Lamentations 1:11 – All her people sigh, they seek bread; they have given their pleasant things for meat to relieve the soul: see, O LORD, and consider; for I am become vile.
42. Isaiah 10:13 – For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done , and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant :
43. Isaiah 1:1-31 – The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezekiah, kings of Judah.
44. Job 12:16 – With him strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver his.
45. Ephesians 1:19 – And what the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
46. 1 Corinthians 1:8 – Who shall also confirm you unto the end, blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
47. Acts 3:7 – And he took him by the right hand, and lifted up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
48. John 5:9 – And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.
49. Zechariah 1:18 – Then lifted I up mine eyes, and saw, and behold four horns.
50. Luke 10:19 – Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
51. Matthew 26:52-54 – Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
52. Habakkuk 3:16-19 – When I heard, my belly trembled; my lips quivered at the voice: rottenness entered into my bones, and I trembled in myself, that I might rest in the day of trouble: when he cometh up unto the people, he will invade them with his troops.
53. Nahum 1:12 – Thus saith the LORD; Though quiet, and likewise many, yet thus shall they be cut down, when he shall pass through. Though I have afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more.
54. Lamentations 1:6 – And from the daughter of Zion all her beauty is departed: her princes are become like harts find no pasture, and they are gone without strength before the pursuer.
55. 1 Peter 4:11 – If any man speak, as the oracles of God; if any man minister, as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
56. Jeremiah 1:18 – For, behold, I have made thee this day a defenced city, and an iron pillar, and brasen walls against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land.
57. Proverbs 4:18 – But the path of the just as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
58. Joshua 1:9 – Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God with thee whithersoever thou goest.
59. James 1:27 – Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, to keep himself unspotted from the world.
Bible Verses About Strength and Hope
60. 1 Timothy 1:12 – And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
61. 2 Corinthians 12:9 – And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
62. Acts 9:19 – And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
63. Acts 6:8 – And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.
64. Psalms 23:1-4 – (A Psalm of David.) The LORD my shepherd; I shall not want.
65. Nehemiah 1:10 – Now these thy servants and thy people, whom thou hast redeemed by thy great power, and by thy strong hand.
66. 2 Kings 18:20 – Thou sayest, (but vain words,) counsel and strength for the war. Now on whom dost thou trust, that thou rebellest against me?
67. 1 Samuel 2:9 – He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
68. 1 Samuel 2:4 – The bows of the mighty men broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.
69. 1 Corinthians 16:13 – Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.
70. Romans 8:28 – And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to purpose.
71. James 5:16 – Confess faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
72. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 – What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
73. 1 Timothy 5:8 – But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.
74. Daniel 10:19 – “Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed,” he said. “Peace! Be strong now; be strong.” When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength.” (NIV)
75. Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Bible Verses About Strength in Hard Times
76. Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
77. Deuteronomy 20:4 – For the LORD your God he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.
78. 1 Corinthians 10:13 – There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear .
79. Job 13:15 Though he slays me, I will hope in him; yet I will argue my ways to his face.
80. Romans 5:5 – And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
81. Psalm 27:1 – The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
82. Matthew 17:20 – He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
83. Mark 10:52 – And Jesus said to him, “Go your way; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he recovered his sight and followed him on the way.
84. Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
85. John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
86. John 16:33 – “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
87. Psalm 46:1-3 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah!
88. 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
89. Judges 16:17 – That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I a Nazarite unto God from my mother’s womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any man.
90. Genesis 2:24 – Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Short Bible Verses About Strength
91. Revelation 12:10 – And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
92. Revelation 1:16 – And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two-edged sword: and his countenance as the sun shineth in his strength.
93. 2 Peter 3:18 – But grow in grace, and the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him glory both now and forever. Amen.
94. Daniel 11:15 – So the king of the north shall come, and cast up a mount, and take the most fenced cities: and the arms of the south shall not withstand, neither his chosen people, neither strength to withstand.
95. Daniel 10:18 – Then there came again and touched me like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,
96. Daniel 10:16 – And, behold, like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and said unto him that stood before me, O my lord, by the vision my sorrows are turned upon me, and I have retained no strength.
97. Job 12:13 – With him wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding.
98. Job 2:13 – So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him: for they saw that grief was very great.
99. Matthew 21:21 And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith anddo not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen.
100. Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
101. John 16:33 – I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
102. Psalm 23:4 – Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
103. Psalm 28:7 – The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
104. Psalm 29:11 – The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.
105. Psalm 59:17 – You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.
106. Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
107. Psalms 66:1-20 – (To the chief Musician, A Song Psalm.) Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands: (Read More…)
108. Revelation 7:12 – Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, unto our God forever and ever. Amen.
109. Hebrews 6:18 – That by two immutable things, in which impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
110. Philippians 1:28 – And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.
111. Nahum 1:7 – The LORD good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
112. Isaiah 12:2 – Behold, God my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH my strength and song; he also is become my salvation.
113. Hebrews 3:1-19 – Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; (Read More…)
114. Habakkuk 1:11 – Then shall mind change, and he shall pass over, and offend, this his power unto his god.
115. Jeremiah 9:23 – Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty glory in his might, let not the rich glory in his riches:
116. Psalms 18:1 – (To the chief Musician, of David, the servant of the LORD, who spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul: And he said,) I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
117. 1 Samuel 2:10 – The adversaries of the LORD shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder upon them: the LORD shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength unto his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed.
118. Matthew 5:1-48 – And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: (Read More…)
119. Hosea 7:9 – Strangers have devoured his strength, and he knoweth not: yea, gray hairs are here and there upon him, yet he knoweth not.
120. Matthew 6:33 – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Bible Verses About Strength and Faith
121. Psalms 31:24 – Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.
122. Ecclesiastes 4:9-13 – Two better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. (Read More…)
123. Isaiah 40:31 – But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk, and not faint.
124. Isaiah 26:3 – You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you.
125. Psalm 118:14-16 – The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The LORD’s right hand has done mighty things! The LORD’s right hand is lifted high; the LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!”
Is this Life real of Just an Illusion
Over 100 Bible verses for Encouragement
126. Psalm 119:114-115 – You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God!
127. Psalm 119:71 – It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.
128. Psalm 120:1 – I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me.
Bible Verses About Strength And Love
129. Ephesians 5:25 – Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
130. Ephesians 5:33 – However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
131. Colossians 3:14 – And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
132. Proverbs 10:12 – Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.
133. Proverbs 17:17 – A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
134. Romans 13:10 – Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
135. 1 Corinthians 13:13 – And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
136. Ephesians 4:2 – Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
137. 1 John 4:8 – Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
138. John 3:16 – “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
139. Psalm 18:1 – I love you, O LORD, my strength.
140. Matthew 22:27-29 – Finally, the woman died. Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.