Hi friend! Welcome to The Warming House!
In my last post, I talked about what it means to pray according to God’s will and why that’s important. God can’t contradict himself or give you things that go against his nature.
Praying in God’s Own Language
We can know for certain we’re praying God’s will when we pray scripture. It’s like praying in God’s own language.
Through the years as I raised my kids, I’ve prayed scripture over them inserting their names into scripture where appropriate.
As I prayed, I could literally sense the scriptures they needed prayed over them the most – like God was pricking my heart saying, “Yes. This is what they need.”
Ephesians 6:10-18 speaks about the armor of God. Every piece of that armor is defensive except one – the Word of God.
There is incredible power in praying God’s Word. It’s the perfect offensive weapon when we face seemingly insurmountable challenges – and an increasingly dangerous and immoral culture. Jesus himself responded with scripture when he was tempted by Satan in the desert.
Specific Scriptures to Pray
Here are some great passages to cradle the ones you love in. Just insert their name(s) into the blanks.
Protection: “Merciful Father, I ask that you command your angels concerning __________________ to guard him/her in all his/her ways.” (Psalm 91:11)
Growth in Faith: “Faithful Father, I pray that _________ may not waver through unbelief regarding your promises, but will be strengthened in his/her faith and give you glory, being fully persuaded that you have the power to do what you have promised.” (Romans 4:20-21)
Integrity: Help ____________ conduct himself/herself in the world, and especially in his/her relations with others, in the holiness and sincerity that are from God.” (2 Corinthians 1:12)
Discernment: “Wise Father, give _________________ a discerning heart so that he/she may be able to distinguish between right and wrong.” (1 Kings 3:9)
Moral Purity: “Sovereign God, help _______________ flee from sexual immorality. Give _________ the understanding that his/her body is a temple of your Holy Spirit.” (1 Corinthians 6:18-19)
Perseverance: “My “Strong Tower”, please strengthen _______________. Help ___________ stand firm. Let nothing move _____________. I pray that ___________ will always give himself/herself fully to the work of the Lord . . . knowing that his/her labor is not in vain.” (1 Corinthians 15:58)
Courage: “Father, I pray that ________________ will be strong and courageous . . . that _____________ will not be terrified and will not be discouraged. Please allow ______________ to know that you are with him/her wherever he/she goes.” (Joshua 1:9)
A Loving heart: As God’s chosen son/daughter, holy and dearly loved, clothe _______________ with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” (Colossians 3:12)
A Grateful Heart: “Father, help _______________ rejoice in you, you who are righteous, and praise your holy name. Let gratefulness become a state of heart and a way of life within _____________.” (Psalm 97:12)
A Life of Excellence: “Whatever _______________ does, I pray that _____________ will work at it with all his/her heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” (Colossians 3:23)
Protection From the Evil One: “My prayer is not that you would take _______________ out of the world, but that you would protect ________________ from the evil one.” (John 17:15)
A Consistent Walk: My prayer is that ____________ will not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. I pray that ____________’s delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law ______________ will meditate day and night. I pray that ______________ is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf never withers.” (Psalm 1:1-3)
Faithfulness to God: I pray that _______________ will never forget your teaching, but will keep your commands in his/her heart, and that those teachings will prolong ____________’s life many years and bring ______________ prosperity.” (Proverbs 3:1-2)
What’s your experience praying scripture? Do you have a favorite scripture to pray over your family as a parent? What is it?
Related Posts You Might Enjoy:
Praying for a Sick Child
A Scriptural Prayer When Your Child is Seriously Ill
Scripture Prayers for Your Home & Family
Praying Scriptural Blessings Over Your Children
Share the love! If you know someone who might enjoy this post, just click one of the buttons below to pass it along. If you’d like to make sure you don’t miss a post, click the subscribe button at the top right side of this page. Would love to have you stick around!
Last week we looked at 5 ways to support and encourage our husbands through every season in marriage.
One of the ways was “falling in love with prayer.”
What I didn’t mention was that as a newlywed and when we had conflict in marriage I struggled with prayer.
As a single I’d heard that after marriage “God would henceforth see both of us or none of us”
That and other unconscious beliefs – you know, the kind that only surface after marriage! – had me convinced we could not connect with God when we had unresolved issues in our marriage.
(You can click here to read how I overcame)
Greatest habit you can develop
One of the greatest habits you can develop early in marriage is the habit of prayer, specifically the habit of praying for your husband.
As a Helpmate you have the ability to receive, incubate and bring forth life; and not just physical life but his dreams, hopes and aspirations.
Incubating his dreams involves creating the right environment for their growth and fruition.
Incubation is a strong stubborn unending faith that refuses to quit until that dream comes to life.
Joseph Iregbu says,
“Women have a special place in God’s heart. One gave birth to Christ, another saw him on resurrection morning. While Hannah pleaded with God every year, we didn’t hear of her husband waiting with her. He didn’t take part in the discussion with Eli. (Women) know how to get through to God.”
I believe that our “special place in God’s heart” is directly connected to our ability to connect with God in a deep way.
One of the things I like to do is pray scriptures over my husband.
I have a few favorite verses at the moment which are specific to our season. (I’d love to hear your favorite marriage verses in Comments below!)
Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. 2 Cor 1:21 – 22
This is how I pray this verse over my husband.
“Lord thank you for helping Tommy and I stand firm in Christ, in marriage, in life, in purpose… You have anointed him, put your seal of ownership on him, put your spirit in Him as a deposit. I thank you that you have guaranteed him life, purpose and progress…”
Here are a few more Scriptures – with suggested starting points for prayer – that you can use in your marriage.
You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden Mathew 5:14
Suggested starting point
“My husband is a light in his world – his work place, our marriage, our community, our church and everywhere he’s involved. He is a city that cannot be hidden, his gifting, his influence, his talents, his purpose will not be hidden or hindered. He is located and situated where You wanted him to be.”
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105
“Thank you Lord that my husband loves and abides in Your Word, His heart is tender and he follows your instruction.”
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
“Thank you Lord that my husband knows your will – your good pleasing and perfect will. His knows your word, he is filled with your wisdom and knowledge. He is not conformed to the ways of this world.”
When the Lord takes pleasure in anyone’s way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them. Proverbs 16:7
“Thank you that my husband has favor with you. His ways are pleasing to you. You calm upheavals from within and without. You grant him favor and breakthrough..”
And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man. Luke 2:52
“As it was with Jesus, my husband is growing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man..”
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3: 5-6
“Lord thank you that my husband trusts you with all his heart and does not lean on his own understanding…”
A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25
“Thank you for giving my husband a generous heart – he is an extravagant giver. You bless him in return, you grant him peace and blessing..”
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 John 1:2
“Thank you for helping my husband focus on the right things. He is growing and flourishing from the inside-out . His mind, heart, soul, spirit and body are healthy..”
Your turn – What’s your favorite marriage scriptures?
Are you vexed because your husband won’t change? Wondering how to positively influence his life? My book Blues to Bliss might help. I wrote it with the newlywed wife in mind. If you are imperfect girl married to an imperfect guy, this book is for you. Learn about the book, and find the purchase links – Click here
Linking with Titus 2sdays, Messy Marriage, we are That Family, Wifey Wednesday, Wise Woman, Fellowship Fridays
Our homes are intended to be godly havens. Places of rest. Places where we, and our families can go to at the end of the day to enjoy God’s goodness and the company of family.
Our homes are intended to be sacred places. Places where God’s Name is revered, and where His Word is lived out in our lives, day after day.
That may seem intimidating, but God doesn’t call us to anything that He won’t make us able to walk in. And while you may think what I’m describing is outside of your grasp, I can tell you it is not.
God’s Word provides rich and abundant truths regarding the home.
You can pray the following verses over your home. I believe that when you do it will begin to reflect the beautiful, godly vision God has for your household. Some of these verses refer directly to our homes while others hold us accountable for our actions within their walls. Regardless, these verses contain just some of the precious biblical insight God has made available to us in this area!
Verses to Pray Over Your Home
- For He has strengthened the bars of your gates; He has blessed your children within you. He makes peace in your borders, And fills you with the finest wheat. Psalm 147:13-14
- Let all that you do be done with love. 1 Corinthians 16:14
- But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15b
- So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:31
- I will make your pinnacles of rubies, Your gates of crystal, And all your walls of precious stones. All your children shall be taught by the Lord, And great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:12-13
- And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9
- My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, In secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places, Isaiah 32:18
- Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; For so He gives His beloved sleep. Psalm 127:1-2
- The curse of the Lord is on the house of the wicked, But He blesses the home of the just. Proverbs 3:33
- So Joshua let the people depart, each to his own inheritance. Joshua 24:28
- The wicked are overthrown and are no more, But the house of the righteous will stand. Proverbs 12:7
- The house of the wicked will be overthrown, But the tent of the upright will flourish. Proverbs 14:1
- In the house of the righteous there is much treasure, But in the revenue of the wicked is trouble. Proverbs 15:6
- Through wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; By knowledge the rooms are filled With all precious and pleasant riches. Proverbs 24:3-4
- the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things— that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed. Titus 2:3-5
- How lovely is Your tabernacle, O Lord of hosts! My soul longs, yes, even faints For the courts of the Lord; My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. Psalm 84:1-2
- Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you. Mark 5:19b
- For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 Corinthians 5:1
- “The Lord bless you and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace.”’ Numbers 6:24-26
- Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place. 16 For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually. 2 Chronicles 7:15-16
- And thus you shall say to him who lives in prosperity: ‘Peace be to you, peace to your house, and peace to all that you have! 1 Samuel 25:6
- But whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ Luke 10:5
- Now therefore, let it please You to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue before You forever; for You, O Lord God, have spoken it, and with Your blessing let the house of Your servant be blessed forever.” 2 Samuel 7:29
- Peace be within your walls, Prosperity within your palaces. Psalm 122:7
- Concerning this temple which you are building, if you walk in My statutes, execute My judgments, keep all My commandments, and walk in them, then I will perform My word with you, which I spoke to your father David. And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake My people Israel. 1 Kings 6:12-13
- Moreover I will appoint a place for My people Israel, and will plant them, that they may dwell in a place of their own and move no more; nor shall the sons of wickedness oppress them anymore, as previously, since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel, and have caused you to rest from all your enemies. Also the Lord tells you that He will make you a house. 2 Samuel 7:10-11
- Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:29
- He has made everything beautiful in its time. Ecclesiastes 3:11a
- I have surely built You an exalted house, And a place for You to dwell in forever. 1 Kings 8:13
- For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice, that the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him. Genesis 18:9
- She is not afraid of snow for her household, For all her household is clothed with scarlet. Proverbs 31:21
- A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1
- Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. Ephesians 4:29
Praying Powerful Prayers Over Your Home
In my experience, the most powerful prayers are sincere and Biblical. If you want to have a blessed home, you must go to God in prayer. Sincerely dedicate your home to Him. And then pray the Word over your home.
I know that not all of these verses seem so obviously aligned with what you would expect from this kind of list, but what God has promised about other homes and dwellings in the Bible, He can do for yours.
You can visit the Free Resource Library to download this complete 3 page list of all 33 Scriptures included in this post so you can allow these scriptures to be the basis of the prayers you pray over your home continually.
The Value of Scripture for the Home
Continually, the Scriptures should influence our hearts and minds. And the end result of that influence within your heart and mind will eventually reflect outside of you within your home. May these verses help provide you a godly vision of the heavenly haven God desires your home to be. And while your home may not be perfect (no home is), it can still be a place of beauty dedicated to the Author of all beauty!
Pray the Scriptures
Why an emphasis on praying scripture?
Well, let me ask, are you tired of the form of religion without the power of it? Are you hungry for a dynamic, transformed life that reflects the glorious fullness of your salvation? Are you seeking power prayer that avails? So am I! You’ll find some satisfaction for your hunger on this web site.
From years of ministering to individuals and leading retreats, I’ve come to realize that part of the “more” we are all longing for is the fruit of
prayer proclamations and prayer affirmations based on Scripture.
Hi! I’m Jeanie Rose. Welcome to the website! Whenever I minister, I emphasize the critical importance of praying Scripture. It is critical to making our prayers effective and also critical to our own spiritual development. There is never enough time to cover the topic as it should be. Actually, there is no end to covering the topic. Thus: a website devoted to this very purpose! If you are a person of prayer, either experienced or a fledgling, you will find material here to deepen your prayer life and expand your faith. Read on a bit to get a sense of what is in store for you here. Bookmark this site and come back often. New articles are added regularly. Feel free to contribute with Prayers to Share and comments on the Blog. I love it!
Power and Dynamics of Scripture Prayer
What I’ve discovered is this: You speak God’s Word over your own life. In so doing, you speak and release into your own life-space the truth that God has already spoken. You release the power of Scripture!
• By praying (proclaiming) in such a way, you honor God….by believing Him and responding with action to His truths. Such action is an essential element to a life of faith. And remember, God loves faith!
• In addition, you strengthen your own life by
overwriting negative scripts that have driven your life for years. What a simple antidote to destructive negativity!
• Proclaiming scripture is a
natural response to understanding what God has promised you through Jesus Christ.
• Such prayer is
part of the exercise of your royal priesthood, exercising priesthood on your own behalf and that of family, friends, and all that concerns you. As you exercise this priesthood in prayer, you grown in Kingdom authority and dominion. This is not arrogance or presumption, but confidence in who God has called you to be and to do.
• Now you come to
a place of synergy: agreement with God. You come to that place, you and I, where His Word will not return to Him void.
(Is 55:10-11) We begin to sense the power of Heaven released in our lives. Wow! Don’t miss the article on Confession of Faith for more about the dynamics of Scripture prayer!
A Renewed Mind through Scripture Prayer
Your thinking changes. Your mind is being renewed according to the Word of God. You begin thinking in a powerful new way. The Lord says all things are possible for us who believe. You are developing possibility thinking!
As your thinking expands, your behavior begins to reflect more and more the truths of God found in the Scriptures you have been praying and proclaiming.
mind of Christ is being activated in you and you are beginning to demonstrate the thoughts and intents of His heart. Speaking Like God? Saying What God Says
How often have we prayed, “Lord I want to be like You!” Little did we know that to be like Him, we must think like Him and speak like Him.
This takes a personal investment on your part to get the “mind of Christ” prayer proclamations in you to become habitual, but it can be done! There are a number of helpful strategies for this. Please take time to read
“How to Pray Scripture”. It’s simple and helpful. If you have not prayed Scripture before, these articles will get you going! Pray Psalm 91 Today will also give you more practical experience with Scripture prayer.
Demonstrated Power of a Renewed Mind
When Paul directed us to have our minds renewed according to the Word (Ro 12:2), he pointed us in the right direction. He just didn’t fill in the rest of the instruction. He was probably too engaged in living out his own boldly authoritative and fruitful Mind of Christ to take more time with his instruction to us.
Talk about bold and vibrant! Paul became the most outstanding church planter-statesmen of all time. Paul didn’t just write about a renewed mind: he brilliantly demonstrated the power of it.
Read “Believe/Faith” for more on this topic.
The Transformed Life
Now isn’t this what you are sensing a need for in your own life?
Paul wrote to one church group that when he came to them he wanted to see not just words but power (
1Co 4:19-20)…the power of a transformed mind reflected in a transformed life…nothing mediocre, nothing status quo…but power and growth.
Ah yes, there it is! That’s what we want, you and I? …a transformed life reflecting the power of heaven with supernatural expansion and strength. It starts between our ears and is freely available to all of us. Yes, all things are possible to us who believe. Praise be to God!
If this hits a chord with you, stick around and do some reading. You may have found a place and resources that God is providing for you in this season of your life.
If you are looking for excellent prayer tools to boost your life, look in our
catalogue. You will find some very effective ones there.
What We’re About
This web site is devoted to:
• an understanding of how scripture prayer fits into the fulfillment of our spiritual desires.
• instruction on how to work with scripture to record our own life-changing prayer proclamations, affirming God’s truth in our own hearts, based on our currently greatest needs.
• providing some already scripted prayers that avail for various needs like No Storm Too Great! and Prayer Affirmations for the Journey
• looking at user-friendly bits of neuroscience research to help us better understand what is going on in our wonderful
brains as we pursue the renewing of our minds.
Stay long and come back often!
Jeanie RStatement of Faith
How to Pray Scripture Easy steps to getting started praying your own scripture prayers
Meditation — Feeding on the Word of God Easy steps: scripture meditation leads to scripture prayer
Finding Rhema Follow simple steps to finding a Word that God is speaking directly to you.
Prayer — The Power of Words Words are more powerful than we have realized. We have opportunity to speak light into the darkness, speak order into chaos. Scripture Prayer Proclamations 101
Discover the power of affirming God’s power in your life.
Scripture Prayers to Share
Collection of reader and author scripted Scripture prayers to encourage you on your way
Pray Psalm 91 Today
You’ll find pages of helpful information.
Power of Agreement The power of agreement is a combination of revelation of spiritual truth and the force of faith that rises from our hearts.
Believe/Faith When we have faith, nothing is impossible for us.
Authority in Prayer We have been given authority over the full strength of the enemy and we can use that authority in prayer.
Setting a Goal, Making a Plan Plan and make time for prayer. You will be twice blessed, blessed by what you stop doing, blessed with spiritual plasma by the increased prayer you start doing.
Scripture Prayer and Motivation Motivation is not a new thing. God has been doing it for centuries.
About Us Who we are
Scripture Prayer on CD
No Storm Too Great!
Prayer Affirmations for the Journey
Baby Blessings – Joy
Baby Blessings – Peace
Prayer Resource Catalogue
some hard to find items to ramp up the effectiveness of your prayers
Psalm 91 Blog – great collection of articles, podcasts, videos – must visit!
Privacy and Security Statement