Use these prayers based on Scripture to pray for your work and your workplace.
Lord, I long to worship You in my work and pray that You would
- tear down any mental walls that divide the secular from the sacred in my life. In all I do, help me recognize that every part of my existence, including my work, belongs to you. (Ps. 24:1)
- help me bring every part of my work before You as an offering of praise and worship, recognizing that everything I do is holy to You. (Col. 3:22)
- help me do excellent work as an offering to You because it this what You deserve (Col. 3:23)
Lord, I long to know and live Your Word and ask that
- I would find wisdom from Your Word so that I can live Your truth in my workplace (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
- I would experience “rest” in my labor knowing that You, Lord, are at work in, through, and for me (Ps. 127:2)
- I would find my calling and pursue it with passion (Eph. 2:10)
- my work would adorn Your doctrine in every respect (Titus 2:10)
- as employer or employee, I would treat others righteously and fairly (Col. 4:1)
- I would turn from pride, arrogance, self-righteousness, greed, and materialism in order to pursue humility, righteousness, and service to my fellow man at work (Micah 6:8)
Lord, I long to pray boldly and dependently and desire that
- prayer would be the evident and controlling force in my work and my place of worship (Col. 4: 2)
- You would provide good work for those of us who are unemployed (1 Thess. 4:11-12)
- You would establish and prosper the work of my hands (Deut. 30:9; Ps. 90:17)
Lord, I long to hear stories of rescue and redemption and pray that
- I would recognize the privilege and opportunity that I have to bring the gospel to people with whom I work. (Col. 4:5-6)
- I would be wise, winsome, gracious, and be a positive spiritual influence in my workplace. (Col. 4:5-6)
- You would use me to draw coworkers to Christ.
Lord, I long to see Your will done on earth as it is in heaven and ask that
- I would recognize that all prosperity comes from You and desire to use it for Your glory. (Deut. 8:18)
- I would use my business resources, influence, and capital to benefit the citizens of Your world with less opportunity (Jer. 29:7)
Lord, I affirm that…
- You are the Lord of the workplace as well as the place of worship, and I owe complete allegiance to You in all places
- all work that meets legitimate needs is Your work to be done in Your way and for Your glory
- prosperity comes from You and is a gift to be used for Your glory, not my ease
- while You made all things for me to enjoy, true satisfaction comes only from You
Lord, we confess…
- at times I have been proud and arrogant about success, thinking it was because I am smarter, better, worked harder, or deserved your blessing more than others
- I have sometimes placed success above integrity and power above people. In this I have sinned against you
- I have often let my love of safety and prosperity quench my courage and compassion
- I have kept You at a safe distance, mentally locking in the church building away from my daily affairs
- how I could have used Your strength, guidance, wisdom, and love at times if I had only known You are as real part of my life on Monday as You are on Sunday
Lord, I ask that…
- You would help me live an ethically distinctive life, both in public and private.
- I would practice the discipline of craftsmanship in my field, working with all my heart as if You were my employer, client, or customer—because You are.
- I would pursue what I am gifted to do, finding delight and joy in the work You created and gifted me to do, as well as the work I must do for which I am not gifted.
- I would be intentional about my spiritual influence, being a wise, winsome witness in my place of work.
- others would see the reality of Your presence in my life and be attracted to You.
If I believe that this chair will hold me, I will sit in it.
If I believe my car will take me to work this morning, I will turn the key to start it.
If I believe that prayer is powerful, I will pray.
Do you believe it? If you do, then you’ll pray.
Maybe you already do pray. You pray for your family, friends and your own life circumstances. You pray to intercede on behalf of those who don’t. You pray for big things and small things.
But when was the last time you prayed for your workplace?
When did you last pray for the company you work for, it’s operations, leaders, and employees?
God’s word says, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” (Phil 4:6 NLT)
We like the “don’t worry about anything” part of that verse, but we often neglect the “pray about everything” part. We’ll pray about whatever is bringing worry into our lives, but do we really pray about EVERYTHING? Everything includes your workplace.
Every Monday I meet with my plant manager, who is also a believer, to pray. We pray for the company’s success. We pray that machines run well, and employees stay healthy and accident free. We pray for the owners of the company. We pray for wisdom in the decisions we must make in the week ahead. We pray that we will be the light and salt within those walls.
Can I challenge you this week to pray for your workplace, for your co-workers, for your boss? Imagine what changes could be ushered in through your prayers!
Is there a workplace dilemma? Pray about it.
Is there a co-worker that rubs you the wrong way? Pray for them.
Is your company facing a downturn? Pray for it.
Is your boss under some pressure that is trickling down to you? Pray.
You might be thinking, “Well, you just don’t understand what my workplace is like. I have prayed before and nothing changed.”
Don’t just pray for what is possible.
Pray for the impossible.
God loves the impossible. It showcases His glory and power to answer your impossible prayers.
“…The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.”
(James 5:16b NLT)
Praying for Success
Majestic Creator, the LORD of our success, we seek opportunities to exhibit the wisdom, strength and understanding You have bestowed unto us. We humbly seek opportunities that go beyond all the strife, we seek courage to strive and to dare to be divinely different.
When we are successful, let it be according to Your Word. Let our faith and our honor be held high that we may be true representatives of You on this earth.
Philippians 4:19 My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Psalm 112:3 Wealth and riches are in his house. His righteousness endures forever.
Oh Lord, let our faith and our honor be held high that we may be true representatives of You. Click To Tweet
Lord’s Guidance To Success
JEHOVAH GOD, our LORD who holds ALL matters of life in His Hands, grant us success in whatever work or business with which You have Blessed us. Help us to give these tools of our trade the careful thought and the strict attention that will lead to Success.
LORD, watch over us and govern our actions, that we may not mar the perfection of Your Plans for us. Show us how to give our very best. Let us not hate the hard work and diligence that is necessary to complete our success.
Proverbs 3:9-10 Honor the Lord with your substance, with the first fruits of all your increase: so your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.
Joshua 1:9 Haven’t I commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Don’t be afraid. Do not be dismayed, for Yahweh your God is with you wherever you go.
Father, give us the blessings of Your Divine help and guidance, and suffer us not to fail. Click To Tweet
Blessings in the Workplace
Almighty Father, even if our supervisors, managers, employees or even our customers, are creating chaos and mayhem in our place of employ or business, let us continue performing, as if we are working directly unto You, with cheerful hearts.
Let every challenging duty come to us, as if it is coming directly from You. Father, give us the blessings of Your Divine help and guidance, and suffer us not to fail. LORD, let us remember You when we receive the fruit of our success.
We will bless You with Your tithes and offerings, as it is You who gave us the power to succeed. In JESUS’ Majestic and Mighty name we pray… AMEN!!!
Additional reading: Workplace Worship: How to Practice Your Faith Without Preaching a Word, And Grow Your Career in the Process
Proverbs 2:6-8 For the Lord gives wisdom. Out of his mouth comes knowledge and understanding.
He lays up sound wisdom for the upright. He is a shield to those who walk in integrity; that he may guard the paths of justice, and preserve the way of his saints.
GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS!
Subscribe To Our Free Newsletter
Join over 12.000 members receiving Prayers and Devotionals weekly.