Updated on February 11, 2017
Want to write encouraging and comforting birthday messages for a cancer patient? Thinking about something nice to say to someone with terminal cancer or going through a tough time? Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out what to write in a birthday card for someone battling cancer.
Sending prayers for healing, for a speedy recovery, and for a continuing good health on their special day can give them hope and help them feel better.
Keep in touch with them with some of these comforting wishes and make them feel loved and cared for.
General Birthday Wishes
For someone diagnosed with cancer
- I wish you more birthdays to come and good health always.
- Here’s wishing you the happiest of birthdays and strength to endure the pain.
- Here’s wishing you good health on your birthday.
- Sending prayers for a miraculous healing as we remember your special day.
- Thinking about you and your special day. Happy birthday!
- As we mark your birthday, may you be healed from the illness and recover fast!
- Happy birthday, may you get better soon!
- May God take away your pain and make you feel better soon!
- On your birthday, I’m sending prayers for a quick healing.
- I’m praying for a fast recovery and for continuing good health. Happy birthday!
- Today as we remember your day, may you start enjoying good health again!
- I’m sending get better soon wishes to brighten your day.
- I hope this birthday wish make you feel better quickly.
- I pray each day brings healing as you add another year.
- As you grow older, I wish you a bearable treatment and a speedy recovery.
Do you think prayers for healing are good birthday gift ideas for someone diagnosed with cancer?
Sample Birthday Wishes for a Cancer Patient
Below you will find some ideas on what to write in a birthday card for someone diagnosed with cancer. They are meant to inspire your card or note’s wording:
- I wanted you to know how much I love and care about you. Please don’t get discouraged, you’re always in our thoughts and prayers. You’ll overcome this horrible time and feel better soon. Happy birthday to someone I love so dearly!
- On your birthday, I wish you a speedy healing that does not leave behind any illness whatsoever. Never give up, you’ll win the battle.
- Today, I wish you fast healing, many more birthdays, happiness, and good health to enjoy the rest of your life.
- I wish I could help you regain your full strength back. However, my prayers for fast healing are with you. I love you. Happy birthday!
- The result of your cancer diagnosis does not mean you are hopeless, have hope and courage that you will soon get better. My thoughts and prayers are with you always. As you add yet another year today, I wish you many more blissful birthdays and a robust good health.
- Happy birthday to my best friend, may you have many more years of good health to spend with us on earth and I pray God give you the strength and courage to continue with the treatment and feel better soon.
- Despite your health challenges, you are still steadfast in faith. I’m so happy that you’re responding positively to the cancer therapy. May you be healed completely and get better soon. Happy birthday!
- You are my pride, and you’re always in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Happy birthday to someone I’m missing so much!
When trouble comes, focus on God’s ability to care for you.
— Charles Stanley
- I’m so sorry to hear about your ill health. I hope that the therapy sessions are giving you relief from the pain and making it easier to get better soon. I miss you. Happy birthday!
- I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me and to tell you that you should never give up for the cancer. On your birthday, I pray for your healing, happiness, and for a speedy recovery.
- Don’t see this tough time you’re experiencing as if it is the end of life. I know people who survived this terrible illness, and they’re now living very healthy. You too can make it, but all you need now is positive attitude towards yourself. Happy birthday. I wish to see you get better soon!
- On your birthday, I pray you enjoy good health again, happiness in life, and strength to continue with your wonderful role in my life.
- Missing someone who is hospitalized on birthday. I’m praying you feel better soon and for a continuing good health. Happy birthday to my best friend!
- I hope the treatment is bearable and you’re getting better. Here’s wishing you good health on your birthday and many more birthdays to come.
- Being hospitalized is not a barrier for me to express how special you are to me. Happy birthday. May you be cured from all diseases and be healthy again to do what you love to do best!
- Breast cancer doesn’t really matter if we truly love each other. I’m thinking about you during this tough time, and I will remain by your side till death do us part. On your birthday, I’m sending prayers for miraculous healing your way.
- I know how painful it is not standing by my side to celebrate your birthday. May you have the strength and courage to bear the treatment! Happy birthday!
- I wish you well and hope to see you come back hale and hearty.
- We hope to see you bounce back to your normal healthy lifestyle after going through chemotherapy. On your birthday, we wish you good health and happiness to enjoy your life.
- Warmest happy birthday greetings to you. May you find the treatment bearable and come back healthy and strong ever than before.
- I’m sending these birthday message and well wishes to help brighten your day, renew your hope of healing, and to lift your spirit that you can win the battle over this horrible disease. This is how much I care. Happy birthday!
I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.
— Alex Elle
Religious Birthday Wishes
- May God the giver of life take care of you, heal you from any sickness, and grant you good health and happiness in life. Happy birthday to my sweetheart!
- May God the most merciful give your body strength to win the battle over breast cancer, make you feel better soon as you grow older today, and make the path of healing easier for you.
- As we mark your special day today, may God remove the pains you are feeling, cure you from the illness, and give you a speedy recovery so that you may live the rest of your life glorifying His holy names.
- The cancer endangering your life will never be victorious. May God give you peace of mind, comfort, happiness, courage, and strength to endure the pains! Here’s wishing you more birthdays to come and good health.
- We are praying for a speedy recovery and for continuing good health as we mark your birthday. May the light of God shine upon you and heal you without leaving behind any illness.
- Congratulations as you mark your birthday. Your next birthday will be much fantastic than you’re having today because you would have recovered fully from the illness. Happy birthday!
- At , life is just beginning. Happy birthday to someone who fought and won the battle over cancer. Here’s wishing you a speedy recovery and continuing good health.
- Today, there is nothing much better than glorifying God holy names for making it easier for you to survive the illness. Happy birthday!
- I hope these best wishes meet you well. I look forward to celebrating your next birthday with you. Here’s wishing you many more birthdays to come and a robust sound health.
- May you be blessed with good health, happiness, and long life as you celebrate your special day!
- I’m so happy to hear that you’ve been discharged from hospital. I’m sending wishes for a speedy recovery and for continuing sound health. Happy birthday!
- Thank God for keeping you alive to witness your birthday. Here’s wishing you many more years of good health, lots of love, and happiness.
Did you find this article helpful?
© 2017 Oyewole Folarin
Here are three prayers you can pray for those who are battling cancer.
Praying for Healing
Great heavenly Father God, thank You for the good health that I have but I have a friend/family member who is battling cancer right now. I am asking You to do the impossible because for You, nothing is too hard. Oh God, Glorify Your Name and let us bring praises to You for healing my friend/family member so that others can hear of Your marvelous works for Your children. I am praying in faith but I am trusting in Your sovereignty and for Your will to be done above what we think is best. Your ways are higher than mine and Your ways are beyond finding out (Rom 11:33) so help me to trust You with the outcome and no matter what, I know You are always in control over all things and not even one radical cancer cell can do anything that You do not first allow and is part of Your divine will. Please heal my friend/family member so that I can praise You before others and further glorify Your name to those who don’t yet know You and in Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
Praying for Comfort
My God, my Father, I come to You on behalf of my friend/family member to ask You to supernaturally intervene and heal them. I know that You never waste suffering and trials, so help me and them to look for Your purpose in all this for we know there is (Rom 8:28). I ask You to comfort them and their family, help them to deal with this life and death struggle, help them to be grounded in the assurance that even death cannot separate them from God (Rom 8:31, 38). Thank You for that promise that brings comfort to those who are losing their battle with cancer. I pray it is not my friend/family member, but if it is, then help them and their family (and me) accept it as much as possible, knowing that this is not the end but the beginning of a truly magnificent and eternal life in the presence of God (Rev 22) so nothing is lost. In Jesus great name I pray, amen.
Praying for Acceptance
Dear God, my Father, I have a friend/family member who appears to be fighting a losing battle with cancer. The end appears close. It gets harder and harder to prepare my mind for their passing…but for them, God help them to process this and to grow to accept it somehow. They might be losing this battle but cancer will not win in the war. God, You are the God of the living and not the dead (Mark 12:27) saying “I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not God of the dead, but of the living” (Marr 22:32) so I know that even if they die, they will yet live again because they believe in You and Your Great Son, Jesus Christ (John 11:25-26). Oh the great hope of the believer in Christ because when we’re absent from this body, I know we’ll be with You Lord (2nd Cor 5:8) and I also know I will see my precious friend/family member again and so thank You for that and in Jesus most precious name I pray, amen.
My hope is that you never need these prayers but of course, you eventually will or someone may need them for you and for me. These are prayers that I have actually used, not literally word for word but very close to them. The only real difference of course is that I used the person’s name. I do hope they can help you know how to pray and what words to use because that’s often a struggle for many believers, but even here, we have the help of the Spirit as “the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God” (Rom 8:26-27). I don’t know about you, but I can use all the help I can when I pray.
Article by Jack Wellman
Jack Wellman is Pastor of the Mulvane Brethren Church in Mulvane Kansas. Jack is also the Senior Writer at What Christians Want To Know whose mission is to equip, encourage, and energize Christians and to address questions about the believer’s daily walk with God and the Bible. You can follow Jack on Google Plus or check out his book Teaching Children the Gospel available on Amazon.
St. Anthony Mary Claret, during your life on earth you often comforted the afflicted and showed such tender love and compassion for the sick and sinful.
Intercede for me now that you rejoice in the reward of your virtues in heavenly glory.
Look with pity on me and grant my prayer, if such be the will of God.
Make my troubles your own.
Speak a word for me to the Immaculate Heart of Mary to obtain by her powerful intercession the grace I yearn for so ardently, and a blessing to strengthen me during life, assist me at the hour of death, and lead me to a happy eternity. Amen.