Praying the Word of God helps us hit the mark, aligning us with His will. We’ve created a series of one-page, downloadable prayer guides designed to guide you as you pray the Scriptures for:
- Israel: targeted requests to help you pray for the nation of God’s people
- The Jewish people: specific Biblical ways you can bless and intercede for God’s people around the world
- Jewish Voice Ministries International: invest in this ministry by lifting us up to God in prayer
- Our Outreaches: though each outreach location is different, there are some vital needs that remain constant regardless of where we go
Pray for Israel
Do you want to know how to pray for Israel in greater detail and depth? Jewish Voice Ministries has put together this Intercessory Prayer Guide for Israel that provides focused, targeted requests to help you pray for the nation of God’s People. We hope this prayer guide can help both Messianic Jews and Christians pray their support for Israel.
Praying for Jewish People
You love Israel and the Jewish People. You want to bless them and pray for them, but sometimes it’s difficult to know just what to pray. Here is handy list of detailed, biblical ways you can pray for Jewish People around the world.
Praying for Jewish Voice
The ministry of Jewish Voice is upheld by the prayers of our partners. We are so grateful for your prayer! We can’t do it without you and your prayers! Here are some specific ways you can invest in the ministries of Jewish Voice by lifting us up to God in prayer.
Praying for Outreaches
Your prayers for our outreaches make a big difference! Though each outreach location is different, there are some vital needs that remain constant regardless of where we go. Here are some specific ways you can pray.
Blessing Scripture Statements
These blessing decrees are based on Scripture. Believe and declare them over your life. Personalize them, memorize them, share them, and pray them over others. You are blessed!
Support and Prayer for Israel
Declare Israel’s identity:
“For the sake of His great name the LORD will not reject His people, because the LORD was pleased to make you His own” (1 Samuel 12:22).
For this is what the LORD Almighty says: “After He has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you—for whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye” (Zechariah 2:8).
For the LORD’s portion is His people, Jacob his allotted inheritance (Deuteronomy 32:9).
You shall also be a crown of splendor in the LORD’s hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God (Isaiah 62:3).
You shall be called Hephzibah , and your land Beulah ; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married (Isaiah 62:4).
They shall call them the Holy People, the Redeemed of the LORD; and you will be called Sought After, the City No Longer Deserted (Isaiah 62:12).
Intercede for Salvation for Israel and Jewish People Everywhere:
- For Israel to turn to the Lord so the veil may be taken away (2 Corinthians 3:11-16), and for their spiritual blindness to be removed.
- Pray based on the Lord’s promise that all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; for this My covenant with them, when I take away their sins” (Romans 11:25-27).
- Proclaim also God’s promise that “He will cleanse them and give them a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh” (Ezekiel 36).
Pray for Israel and Her People by Calling on the Lord Regarding:
- Her leaders
- Those who protect her
- Her allies—may the United States be one!
- Her challenges
- protection from the ongoing threat of war and terrorism from her enemies
- pray for God to deal swiftly and justly with those who hate Israel and the Jewish People, and who seek to destroy them
- pray for God’s solutions and provision for border disputes, housing and water shortages, incoming refugees, and other troubling internal issues
- Her resources
- pray for the boldness of Christian and Messianic Believers around the world through their advocacy and prayers for Israel
- pray for a deep unity in the Spirit among all Believers in Israel that allows for an effective working together regardless of political ideologies
- pray for the protection and effectiveness of ministries within and outside Israel such as Jewish Voice who are reaching out to Jewish People with the Good News of Yeshua, discipling new Believers, and establishing congregations
- pray for and praise God for His faithfulness to her, and for His ongoing commitment to His many promises on her behalf
Last but not least, pray for the peace of Jerusalem and all Israel—a cry that will find its ultimate fulfillment in the Sar Shalom—The Prince of Peace, Yeshua Himself. — Psalm 122:6
Praying for Jewish Voice Ministries
Proclaim the Lord’s Blessing and Fulfillment of Our Vision:
Jewish Voice Ministries is dedicated to proclaiming the Gospel of Yeshua (Jesus) to the Jew first and also to the Nations throughout the world, according to Romans 1:16.
We are also dedicated to equipping the Church by providing education about the Hebraic roots of Christianity, the Church’s responsibility to Israel and the Jewish People, and how to share Yeshua with the Jewish People.
In addition, JVM partners with several other Messianic ministries to establish and operate Messianic Jewish Bible Institutes around the world to train leaders for Jewish ministry, as well as the establishment of the Messianic Career Institute. — Ephesians 4:12
Key Verses to Pray:
“Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it” (Habakkuk 2:2).
“May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands” (Psalm 90:17).
Pray through and declare all of Psalm 91, which is a conditional covenant between God and His people. Pray that we as a ministry would consistently and consciously dwell in the Presence and provision of the Lord, and that as we abide in Him and declare Him boldly as our God in whom we trust (vs. 1-2), we would continually be blessed by the protection the Lord promises for us in the rest of the Psalm – protection from the enemy’s schemes, from illness, terror, and harm; not only for us but for all that pertains to us and our ministry, including our partners and prayer partners!
Other Prayer Points:
For our leadership:
- Pray for godly leadership, wisdom, clarity of vision, and protection for Jonathan Bernis, our Jewish Voice Board, and our other JVM leaders.
- Pray especially for the Lord to impart to us a focused understanding and passionate application of the Lord’s call to us as a ministry in these End Times, and the corresponding anointing, strategies, and resources to fulfill it
For our staff and ministry as a whole:
- For each of us to experience and sustain a vibrant relationship with the Lord
- For every aspect of our ministry to be fruitful and Spirit-led
- For effective and productive business practices
- For deep unity of vision, mission, and relationships
- For blessing, favor, and shalom not only on us, but on all of the wonderful friends and partners of Jewish Voice
Also pray for:
- The Lord to continue to use us to bring blessing and unity throughout the Messianic movement, and the Body of Messiah as a whole
- Boldness and fruitfulness as we proclaim the Good News through television, print, and online media
- Protection, stamina, and courage for our Global Outreach team; and salvations, healings, and encouragement for those we minister to as we bring the Good News in person to international locations through our medical outreaches and Hear O’ Israel! Festivals
- Effective follow-up through planting new congregations to nurture and disciple new Believers. Pray also for the building up of existing congregations
- Supernatural faith leading to supernatural effectiveness in every area of our ministry
- Pray for the Lord to be glorified in every aspect of our lives and ministry! May His will be done and His Kingdom come in and through us
Keep tracking with us through our Prayer Points emails and our prayer blog—and PRAISE the Lord as well, as together we see the answers to our prayers!
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the body of believers and in Messiah Yeshua through all generations, for ever and ever! Amen (Ephesians 3:20-21).
By Dave Butts
It is no surprise that Israel is a source of division and contention, both in the world and in the Church. It has always been so. For reasons, one could look to the unique geographic place of the nation, a bridge of land between warring empires for millennia. Or one could look to the exclusivist monotheism of the Jewish faith that set it apart through the ages. Modern analysts can perhaps look to the deep-seated antagonism between Jew and Arab as an outgrowth of tribal hatreds born centuries ago, even reaching back to the children of the Patriarch Abraham. Christianity’s emergence from the root of Israel has led to a confusion of relationship that has shifted like sand through the years, ranging from love and respect to outright persecution.
Though all of these points are true to some extent, I believe there is a spiritual source, literally a demonic one that underlies the controversy. From the beginning, the great adversary, Satan has hated the Jewish people. They were the ones, chosen by God through which the purposes of God were to be carried out on planet earth. It was through the Jewish people that God’s redemptive plan for mankind was to be enacted, thereby assuring Satan of defeat. The persistence and ferocity of anti-Semitism through the centuries can only be explained by a supernatural force. Satan has tried to destroy the out-working of God’s grace by destroying the people God would use to demonstrate His greatest grace upon and through.
From Haman to Hitler might be a good, if chilling title to a book about the deadly nature of anti-Semitism. In the biblical days of Esther and her uncle Mordecai, the Jews faced an enemy in the person of a Babylonian official named Haman whose desire was to have all the Jews killed. Though Haman perished, the spirit behind his deadly schemes did not. History records again and again how hatred against the Jewish people erupted into violence and persecution. In recent history, the efforts of Hitler and his Nazis to eliminate all European Jews during the Holocaust was such a monstrous act that it is hard to imagine such large scale murder apart from demonic involvement. Certainly Christians who pray for Israel will want to deal significantly with issues of spiritual warfare on behalf of the Jewish people.
This may be hard for some to believe, but even praying for Israel can be a point of controversy for followers of Christ. The significance of the existence of the modern State of Israel is a point hotly disputed among Christians. I am guessing that the majority of those reading this article, are those who believe that the founding of the State of Israel in 1948 was an astonishing fulfillment of biblical prophecy and that events surrounding Israel are key to understanding the Last Days. That is certainly my view! But I have many godly friends who hold firmly to the Word of God who believe differently.
I am not here to convince people to my view, but to present effective ways to pray for Israel. Those who do not see modern Israel as a fulfillment of prophecy may well not have the sense of urgency to pray for Israel, but my encouragement to them is still to pray. At the very least, all Christians can join together in obedience to the biblical admonition to pray for the peace of Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6).
What does it mean to pray for the peace of Jerusalem? First I would suggest that a prayer for the peace of Jerusalem is not confined to the city alone, but includes the whole nation of Israel. In Old Testament times, the capital city of Jerusalem represented the entire nation. When times of trouble came, much of the nation came inside the walls of Jerusalem for protection. So, then, how do we pray for Jerusalem (Israel)?
Certainly there is the aspect of protection from war, violence and terrorism that we would all desire for Israel. While it appears prophetically that there will come a time when God’s hand of protection is withdrawn for a time from Jerusalem, until that time we are to pray for God’s peace. This aspect of peace involves a cessation of hostility and attack. If, in spite of our prayers, it appears that violence still occurs, we can only imagine to what extent there would be unbridled violence without our prayers.
In one way, Jerusalem will never completely know peace, until the Prince of Peace comes (again) to reign. There is however, a peace that comes to the human heart when Jesus is made Lord of that heart and life. I believe it essential that we pray for the peace of Christ to come into many hearts in Israel. It is this peace that will comfort and endure, even through times of great trial and tribulation.
On the first Sunday in October of each year, many in the Church have come together for the International Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem. If your church has not become involved in this prayer event, please check out their website at: www.daytopray.com. Praying for the peace of Jerusalem is so much more than a one day event, but this day of prayer can help ignite your prayers for the rest of the year on Israel’s behalf.
Psalm 122:6: “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: ‘May those who love you be secure.’”
With Israel having a central role politically, religiously, and prophetically in the Middle East, much effective intercession needs to be made on her behalf. My friend, Sandra Teplinsky in her book Why Care About Israel? gives us some ways to pray for Israel:
- Blessing and strengthening of those in true spiritual authority
- Outpouring of grace leading to repentance for unsaved Jews and Arabs
- Revival and maturity in the Israeli body of Messiah
- Blessing and wisdom for government authorities and others in leadership
- God’s sending and sustaining of laborers into Israeli harvest fields, opening doors for Messianic Jewish aliyah (return)
- Sending of resources to the Messianic community in Jerusalem and the rest of Israel by believers in the nations
- Jerusalem’s (Israel’s) protection from enemy attack, physical and spiritual
- Jerusalem’s (Israel’s) enemies to be delivered from darkness into light
- Your particular nation’s blessing of Jerusalem and Israel
- The nations’ recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s eternal capital city
- Protection from the spirit of antichrist
- The fulfillment of Jerusalem’s redemptive purpose on earth as the City of the Great King, a city of peace that blesses the nations
- The gift of intercessory tears to be shed on her behalf until these things come to pass
I love the balance of these intercessory pleas on behalf of Israel. There is no attempt here to accept everything that the modern State of Israel does as an act endorsed by God. Israel is a secular state that has made many mistakes. Nor is there anything that demonizes the opponents of Israel. Instead, in prayer, we choose to align ourselves with God’s redemptive and prophetic purposes to use Israel as an important part of what God is doing and is going to do on planet earth.
Praying for Israel is ultimately about asking God to use this tiny nation to bring Him glory and to use the Jewish people to bring about His purposes as He has so many times in the past. God uses our prayer for Israel to advance His Kingdom and to bring honor to His Son, Israel’s largely unrecognized Messiah.
Because your prayers for Israel are such a critical part of God’s end-time purposes, these prayers are to become more intense as the time approaches. I believe that the day and night prayer movement that began about ten years ago and continues to intensify is in itself, a sign of the approaching end of days. This 24-7 prayer movement is an act of obedience and fulfillment of the command of Scriptures: “You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give Him no rest till He establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth” (Isaiah 62:6-7).
The ten days of day and night prayer in Jerusalem before Pentecost launched the Church in its mission two thousand years ago. In the early 1700’s, the 100 year day and night prayer meeting of the Moravians began the modern missions movement. I believe the current day and night prayer movement will usher in the fulfillment of the mission of the Church, the glorious appearing of Christ.
God of Israel, how amazed I am at the way You have brought Your people back into the land of promise. In our day we have watched with our own eyes as You have restored Jerusalem to Your people Israel and, against all odds, have brought into being a nation that many have said could never exist again. Now Lord, pour out that spirit of grace and supplication upon Jerusalem (Zech. 12:10). May Jesus be recognized as Messiah by His own people. Bring peace to Jerusalem as the Prince of Peace is enthroned upon the hearts of the Jewish people and all who dwell in the land.
Taken from Prayer and the End of Days: Praying God’s Purposes in Troubled Times (C) 2010 PrayerShop Publishing. Used by permission.
Israel is need of prayer friends like no other time in modern history, She has been forsaken by the world, and is in desperate need of the Messiah to come and redeem Her from Her sins and Her enemies that are poised to destroy Her on every side. We know as believers in Yeshua, (Jesus) that The God of Israel has promised to send Israel Moses and Elijah, the Two Witnesses, that will guide her back to His Word in its purest form. These Two Witnesses spoken of by the Prophet John in Revelation 11 and the Prophet Zechariah as the Two Olive Branches will soon come to restore the Word of God as Promised by Yeshua when asked by His Apostles ” why say the scribes that Elias must first come?” and Yeshua answered that “Elias/Elijah shall come and restore all things” stated in future tense when yet John was already dead also a fore runner of Messiah. No doubt not only our Jewish Brothers and Sisters are in need of this restoration but we as Christians with 1,000’s of different views on the same Bible need desperately a restoration of God’s Holy Word.
In light of the fact that Israel is facing the hardest time in Her modern history we are asking believers to join us this coming Friday November 20,2015 starting at 6PM Israeli time through Monday 6PM Israeli time in a Three day prayer and fasting for Israel, the coming of Her Messiah, for Her deliverance from her enemies and the opening of Her eyes. That The God of Israel will send His Two Witnesses speedily in the redemption of His people.
We will pray and fast similarly as Esther did in the Time of Israel’s near destruction at the wicked hand of Haman, and now a modern day Haman from Rome with his Roman soldiers are ready to destroy God’s Chosen, not only Israel but her Brothers and Sisters that stand with Her. So may we be reminded by the Words of Mordechai and the Words of Esther:
Est 4:13 Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king’s house, more than all the Jews.
Est 4:14 For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father’s house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
Est 4:15 Then Esther bade them return Mordecai this answer,
Est 4:16 Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
Est 4:17 So Mordecai went his way, and did according to all that Esther had commanded him.
Those of you who wish to participate can do so by posting a note on this article when you can pray the hour of day the time zone and how long you can pray. If you also wish choose to fast at any given length of time let us know this as well. During your time of prayer post you heart felt message to God and for the sake of Israel here that they may know that people love them and are praying for them. We are hoping to have people praying in a nonstop prayer chain around the world and fasting for the deliverance of Israel!