Prayers to Mother Mary
Here are a few Prayers & Novenas to the Blessed Virgin Mary, mother of the whole universe.
Blessed Virgin Mary
- Hail Mary
- How to pray the Rosary
- Hail Holy Queen
- The Angelus
- The Regina Coeli
- The Memorare
- Salutations to Mary
- Petition to Our Lady
- Prayer to Mother Mary
- The Chaplet (Little Rosary) of the Seven Sorrows of Mary
- The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Sep 8th)
- Short Consecration to Mother Mary
- Litany of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Novena Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Novena to the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Novena to the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Novena Prayer to the Two Hearts of Jesus and Mary
- Prayer to Mother Mary for Peace of Mind
- Prayer to Mother Mary in Time of Need
- Prayer to Mary Mother of Good Counsel
- Prayer to Our Lady of Grace
- Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes
- Prayer to Our Lady of Expectation
- Novena Prayer to Our Lady of Fatima
- Prayer to Our Lady of Velankani
- Prayer to Our Lady of America
- Prayer to Our Lady of the Veil
- Prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Prayer to Our Lady of Czestochowa
- Novena to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
- Novena Prayer to Our Lady of Sorrows
- Prayer to Our Sorrowful Mother for a Favor
- Novena Prayer to Our Lady of Good Remedy (Source of Unfailing Help)
- Prayer of St. Aloysius to the Blessed Mother
- Prayer to Our Lady of La Leche for Motherhood
- Prayer to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour or Help
- Prayer to Virgin Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Prayer to Mother Mary or the Healing of Your Spouse
- Prayer to Mother Mary for those Suffering with Cancer
- Prayer for Our Children to Our Lady of Divine Providence
- Prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe for the Conversion of the Americas and the Whole World
- Prayer to Mother Mary for the Health of An Expectant Mother and Her Unborn Child
- Prayer to Mother Mary for those Seeking to Conceive a Child
- Prayer to Our Lady during Times of Personal Illness
- Prayer to Our Lady for Emotional Healing
- Prayer to Mother Mary For a Sick Relative or Friend
- Prayer to Our Lady for Protection Against Danger
Prayers to Saints
Here are a few Prayers & Novenas to our beloved Saints. May the Lord Almighty answer all your prayers through the intercession of these Saints in heaven. A Novena is a nine day prayer. It maybe a single prayer said for nine days or a set of individual prayers for each of the nine days.
Prayers to St. Joseph
- Pope Leo XIII’s Prayer to St. Joseph (Protector of the Universal Church)
- Prayer to St. Joseph to Obtain a Special Favor
- Prayer to St. Joseph for Inspiration
- The Merits of the Heart of St. Joseph
- Prayer to St. Joseph for a Happy Death
- Memorare of Saint Joseph
- Litany of St. Joseph
- Blessed Pope John XXIII’s Prayer to St. Joseph
- Short Novena to St. Joseph
- Traditional Novena Prayer to Saint Joseph
Prayers to St. Anthony
- Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony (Patron Saint of Lost Items, Poor and Travelers)
- Novena Prayer to St. Anthony (Patron Saint of Barren Women & Pregnant Women)
- Prayer to St. Anthony of Padua Seeking Lost Articles
Prayers to St. Anne
- Short Prayer to St. Anne (Patron Saint of Grandmothers and Housewives)
- Novena to St. Anne (Patron Saint of Grandmothers and Housewives)
- Nine Day Novena to St. Anne
- Memorare to St. Anne To Obtain a Special Favor
- Prayer to St. Ann for Healing from Sickness
Prayers to St. Gerard
- Prayer to St. Gerard for Motherhood
- A Mother’s Prayer to St. Gerard (Patron Saint of Expectant Mothers)
- Prayer to St. Gerard Majella for a Safe Delivery
- Nine Day Novena to St. Gerard (Patron Saint of Expectant Mothers)
Prayers to St. Gianna
- Saint Gianna Beretta Molla Prayer (Patron Saint of Mothers, Physicians & Unborn Children)
- Novena to Saint Gianna (Patron Saint of Mothers, Physicians & Unborn Children)
Prayers to St. Jude
- Prayer to St. Jude (Patron Saint of Desperate and lost causes)
- Prayer to St. Jude for a Special Favor
Prayers to St. Therese of Lisieux (Little Flower)
- Miraculous Invocation to St. Therese
- Short Prayer to St. Therese of Lisieux
Prayers to St. Michael
- Prayer to St. Michael, the Archangel for Protection
- Morning Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
Prayers to St. Raphael
- Short Prayer to St. Raphael (Patron Saint of Travelers and the Blind)
- Prayer to St. Raphael for a Cure
- Prayer to St. Raphael for Purity
- Prayer to St. Raphael for the Wise Choice of a Marriage Partner
Prayers to the Holy Angels
- Prayer to Archangels
- Prayer to Guardian Angel
- Prayer to All the Holy Angels for a Special Favor
Prayers to other Beloved Saints
- Prayer to the Holy Family
- Prayer to St. Aloysius for Purity
- Prayer to St. Alphonsa
- Prayer to St. Anthony Mary Claret for the Cure of Cancer or Other Serious Ailment
- Short Prayer to St. Benedict (Patron of Monks)
- Prayer to St. Bernadette
- Prayer to St. Clare of Assisi
- Short Prayer to St. Dominic Savio
- Prayer in Honor of St. Dymphna (Patroness of Those with Mental and Nervous Disorders)
- Prayer to St. Faustina (Apostle of Divine Mercy)
- Prayer for the Canonization of Blessed Francisco and Jacintha Marto
- A Child’s Prayer through the Intercession of St. John Bosco
- Prayer to Blessed Pope John Paul II
- Short Prayer to St. Lawrence (Patron of Chefs & Comedians)
- Short Prayer to St. Luke (Patron Saint of Physicians)
- Prayer to St. Maria Goretti for Purity and Holiness
- Short Prayer to St. Martin de Porres
- Novena Prayer to St. Maximilian Kolbe (Patron Saint of Drug Addicts & Prisoners)
- Short Prayer to St. Monica (Patron of Married Women and Mothers)
- Hail Glorious Saint Patrick (Patron Saint of Ireland)
- Short Prayer to St. Paul (Patron Saint of Gentile Christians)
- Prayer to St. Peregrine (Patron Saint of the Cancer Afflicted)
- Prayer in Honor of Saint Peter Julian Eymard
- Novena to St. Philomena (Patron Saint of Babies)
- Prayer to St. Padre Pio (Patron of Confessors and Adolescents)
- Novena Prayer to St. Rita of Cascia (Patron Saint of Mothers and Abused Women)
- Short Prayer to St. Sebastian (Patron of Athletes, Archers and Soldiers)
- Prayer to St. Thomas the Apostle
- Prayer to One’s Patron Saint
- Prayer to One’s Patron Saint on Baptismal Anniversary
- St. Andrew Christmas Novena Prayer
- The Month of May dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary
A glimpse into the Lives and Writings of Saints
- An Account of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Saint Pio of Pietrelcina (Padre Pio)
- The Cure of Ars (Saint John Vianney)
Mother’s Day can bring a mix of emotions for many women. There are those anticipating the birth of their first child, step-moms wondering what their place is, those who have lost their mother and are faced with grieving on Mother’s Day, there are moms who encounter feelings of hurt because their children have turned from God, and those overwhelmed with pain from the loss of a child. No matter what you face this Mother’s Day, you can turn to God and experience peace and healing through prayer. We have collected several prayers that can apply to your journey of motherhood. It is our hope that these will encourage your soul and speak life into your calling as a mom.
A Mother’s Day Prayer
Dear Father, we approach your throne on behalf of the mothers whom you have entrusted with the care of your most precious little ones. We thank you for creating each mom with a unique combination of gifts and talents. We thank you for the sacrifice of self each mom gives for her children. For the late nights spent rocking a colicky infant. For the hands calloused from washing, wiping, scrubbing, mixing, backing, stirring, hugging, patting, disciplining, holding, writing, erasing, painting, and pouring.
We thank you for the gift of time moms give for their kids, whether it’s stay-at-home moms, working moms, and moms who have some combination of the two. We thank you for the flexibility of moms, for their tirelessness, their perseverance, and their devotion.
We pray you give each mom strength. Help her to see in every mundane task the eternal, cosmic significance that you place on motherhood. Help her to understand that the most radical, world-changing events may be happening anonymously in her home. Help her to forgive those who undermine her significance.
We especially pray for single moms, who must lean solely on you for the fathering of their children. We thank you that you’re big arms surround children who may never know their earthly father. We also pray for mother who never had the honor of bearing children, but whose nurturing extends to the many poor and needy who crass the threshold of their lives.
We ask you to be the daily bread of tired mothers. We ask you to be their living water. We ask you to be their source of spiritual and physical strength. We pray that the same grace that flowed from Father to Son to us in salvation will flow from mothers to their children. We pray that each mother rejects perfectionism and instead embraces the goodness of the gospel. We pray the rhythms of repentance and forgiveness shape every home.
Lord, give each mother a worshipful reverence of you, the Creator and Sustainer of life. Help each mother to rest in the knowledge that they are but stewards of your children and that only your Spirit can produce change into the hearts of each boy and girl. May each mother find rest in you.
Most of all, Lord, on this day in which we honor mothers, may we love and cherish the special women who have born us, who have nurtured us, and who have prayed for our well-being. May our hearts overflow with gratitude to you, who formed and knitted each of us in a mother’s womb.
– Daniel Darling
A Prayer for Single Moms on Mother’s Day
Father God, we thank you for each and every woman you have blessed with the privilege of motherhood. We thank you that each single mother is a Godly steward of each of their children, and that they raise them in the ways of the Lord. Father, we pray and ask that You continue to give them grace to walk out being a single parent with kindness and generosity. We pray that each single mother has a relationship with You, and worships You in spirit and truth.
Help each of your precious daughters to remember that although they are parenting alone, You have not left them nor forsaken them. We thank You that You see each of them and love them. Lord, if they are weary, we pray and ask that You send them a Godly sister in Christ to hold up their arms in the battle, just as Aaron did for Moses. Lord, thank you that You care about every big or small thing that concerns them. Place a hedge of protection around each single mother and her children, Father. We thank you that You alone are their Provider. Where there is lack, Father, we pray that be it Your will You bring abundance. We pray and ask these things in your name, Amen.
– Jennifer Maggio
A Prayer for A Stressed Out Mom
May you have clarity of thought and a morsel of sanity today. May you know that His grace is enough. For every season, every tantrum, every question, every failure. It is enough. Always.
May you know that you are wildly loved by your Father, just as you are. Not because of what you accomplished today, or didn’t. Or how you feel about God at this moment, or whether you complained, or spent time reading your bible, or messed up in the worst way, or celebrated a victory. He adores you, just because.
And with of this knowledge, may you feel empowered to love your children the same way. The way God asks you to, the way your kids deserve, and the way you want to.
May you feel equipped to tackle every challenge, every situation, and every day with courage and joy even if you have to “start over” 10 times by 9 a.m.
May excitement fill your heart every morning for all that the day can be. Your children are your treasure, and this day is a gift– may you fully embrace it all.
May you lay your head down at night with a heart that is bursting and memories too plentiful to count. May you know unspeakable joy at the end of the day.
May you recognize that though these days are so (so, so, so, so) long, the years are short. They are a breath. And as you exhale yours in the darkness of the night, may your cup overflow with thanksgiving. May your dreams be sweet and your sleep be restful.
Sleep well, Momma, knowing that the work you are doing is good, and your Father is smiling on you.
– Malinda Fuller
A Prayer for Those Hurting on Mothers Day
Some days feel too hard. We’re hurting. Struggling. Fighting fear and worry at every turn. Thank you in the midst of it all, you haven’t left us to fend for ourselves. Forgive us for doubting you are there. Forgive us for thinking you’ve forgotten. Forgive us for believing we somehow know the better way.
You are fully trustworthy. You are All Powerful. You are Able. You are Lord over every situation no matter how difficult it may seem. You are Healer and will never waste the grief we carry today. You will use all things for good in some way. Anything is possible with you. Nothing is too difficult for you.
We pray for those who grieve today. We ask for your comfort to surround those who weep. We pray for the peace of your presence to cover our minds and thoughts, as you remind us, the enemy can never steal us out of your hands. He never has the final say over our lives. We are kept safe in your presence forever, whether in life or in death.
We thank you that your ways are higher than our ways and your thoughts are bigger than our thoughts. We lay it all down at your feet, every burden, every care. Believing that is the safest place for it to be. We love you Lord, we need your fresh grace.In the Powerful Name of Jesus, Amen.
– Debbie McDaniel
Mothers Day Scripture – Encouraging Bible Verses for Mom!
A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.” Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.
Read more uplifting Bible verses for moms at BibleStudyTools.com – Mother’s Day Bible verses
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersThe Prayer of JabezShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerThe Prayer of St FrancisSerenity PrayerA Birthday PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerIrish Prayers and BlessingsAdvent PrayersChristmas PrayersThanksgiving PrayerHoly Week Prayers for Each DayEaster PrayersMother’s Day PrayerPrayers for My HusbandPrayers for My SonPrayers for My DaughterPrayer Quotes
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.
There is no job harder than being a mom. For this reason, it is important that we keep our mothers in our prayers on a daily basis, and especially on Mother’s Day.
Read these prayers for mothers and submit your own prayer requests at the bottom of this page.
A Prayer for Mothers
Where would we be without our mother’s love? Lord,
bless our mothers with wisdom to teach and guide their
children in a way that will help them to follow You and
to become men and women who will be pleasing in Your sight.
Give all mothers the patience to deal with the difficulties
of their job and, most of all, give them a special blessing as
they care so lovingly for the gifts that You have allowed them the honor of raising.
A Prayer for Mother’s Day
On this special day set aside to honor mothers we ask for a
special touch from the Lord for each and every one of them.
May each mother in this room be granted a special blessing,
and may all of the work of her hands not be forgotten in Your sight.
Let her example to her children be a guiding force in their lives,
and may wisdom be passed down to the next generation of mothers.
From the scriptures…
“My son, keep your father’s commandment, and forsake not your mother’s teaching.”
Read more bible verses about Mothers and Women.
Return to Mothers Day Prayers
Heavenly Father, we praise You and we thank You for the gift of our mothers, through whom You give us life and through whom we experience love. We thank You for Mary, the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ, a mother so gracious and a woman of example in motherhood for all of us.
Psalm 127 : 3 “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward”
Lord Jesus Christ, we pray and we lift up all mothers today, believers and non believers alike in Your name. Motherhood is a beautiful journey, caring and nurturing a life from God and seeing it grow into a part of humanity.
We pray that mothers today everywhere do take a moment to think of this beautiful and gracious gift from God in their livelihood.
Proverbs 31:25- 27 “Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness”
We thank our mothers, giving thanks for all the pain, suffering and commitment in raising us as children. We thank them for the sacrifice of their time, pleasures and interest to give us a life of contentment.
Heavenly Father, we pray that they are highly favored and, in Your heart of Grace, they have a wonderful place in existence.
We thank our mothers and we thank them for all the pain, suffering and commitment in raising us. Click To Tweet
Mothers separated from their children
Lord Jesus, we pray for those mothers who are separated from their children. You know the heart of mothers and how they are connected to their children in mind, body and blood.
Whether they are near or apart, a mother never forgets her child. She always prays for the safety and well being of her child.
May they continue in prayer as they lift up their concerns and hurts of heart and seek for You Lord to be their children’s guide.
In Your perfect timing and in Your will, may forgiveness and reconciliation be part of their life and in joy unite with their children and savor motherhood to the fullest.
Those who have lost their mother
We pray for those who have lost their way as mothers. Help them remember that there’s always time to turn back and become a better person in life.
Their old bitter and bad ways could be left at Your feet and in Your love and forgiveness they are a new being.
Help them believe that though situations and circumstances may not be fit, they can make a difference and change if only they believe.
Praying for all mothers
May our prayer warm the hearts of all mothers today. May they know that they are loved and precious. Let they know they are worthy in their call. There’s no failing so great that cannot be forgiven, forgotten and renewed in You Lord Jesus.
May mothers today all over the world feel in their heart the joys of being called a mother and in all their goodness and all their failings, be blessed in Your love and forgiveness. We pray in Grace they belong close to You Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.