by A C (Usa)
Dear Lord, God, Above all Gods, You are our Father, and I know that you watch over your creation. This is your world. Earth is your footstool. We on earth are people you created. Lord, when we feel depressed and confused over all that is happening around us, help us to remember that You are there . You comfort us and fill us with your peace. Let us know that you are there in the storms , and the storms of our lives. Calm our fear, and give us peace. When we are hurting, and sick, and we don’t know what to do, please be with us, and give us patience to endure the pain that we are dealing with. Let us remember that Jesus suffered on the cross for us, and our suffering is only a portion of what He suffered. Let us remember to think of you when we suffer ,and think of Jesus , the Son. You care for us, because I know that you are loving, kind , and good. You are wonderful, our teacher, our hope, and our lives depend on You. You give us breath, life and truth. Thank you Jesus, and the Father , for taking care of your children. Save us from the evil one. Amen
Return to Prayer for Depression
Terrorist attacks hit us hard. These prayers for peace and comfort are a collection of sympathy messages and support for survivors from people all around the world, via Facebook and Twitter.
“There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go,” is one of my favorite quotes in Words of Comfort When Your Heart is Broken. We don’t want to accept the terrorist attacks, but we have to. Our hearts and souls rail against the suffering of the survivors and their families, against the death of innocent bystanders. The first thing we can do is offer prayers for peace and comfort after a terrorist attack. Then we need to look for ways to help, to be Jesus’ hands and feet. To minister, serve, and bind wounds.
I send my heartfelt sympathy and condolences to the survivors after the terrorist attacks in Paris and Beirut. My heart is broken for the deaths of innocent people, for the suffering of the survivors, for their families, and for the citizens. I’m deeply saddened by the news of terrorist attacks in Paris, Beirut, and other parts of the world, and I want to spread messages of comfort, peace, and healing.
Prayers for Peace and Comfort After a Terrorist Attack
My heart is broken for Paris, for all the citizens, and for France. May God be with each one of you, may He even now begin to heal broken families and wounded souls. We stand with you. We bow our heads and send prayers for peace and comfort. We send our love and sympathies, and we want you to know that you’re not alone in your suffering.
I’m sharing two collections of prayers for peace from Facebook and Twitter, after the Beirut and Paris terrorist attacks…
Facebook Prayers for Peace and Comfort
Waking up to a disaster, the terrorist attacks that happened in Paris. Prayers go out to the people in Paris that have lost their loved ones. We are with you France. – Nathan King.
As I read about the terror attacks in Paris, France, my heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to the victims and their loved ones, says Srikith G Nath. My prayer goes up for those who survive. For the victims, that they will find the strengths to cope with the tragedy. May they press on, and find wisdom to reconstruct their lives for the path ahead of them.
I pray that lives lost in such a senseless tragedy will be a turning point for the community and the world at large:
- That at all levels of governments, leaders will enforce justice and ensure that such a crime will never happen again
- That humanity will be inspired to stand together and help protect every single person regardless of his/her creed, culture, colour, custom and country of origin
- That we will never stand by and do nothing against the forces of evil. We will stay vigilant and do our part to help look out for the world around us and keep it safe and secure for all our children and children’s children.
My prayer and hope is that this heinous crime will not bring about any negative reaction and outcome but that it will start a new day of peace, kindness and compassion. – Srikith G Nath.
We cannot isolate ourselves from what is happening in different parts of the world… the constant violence and battles and this morning the news of terrorist attacks in Paris. Let us unite ourselves with the many people who are suffering and the victims of violence. We pray for their families and we pray for their countries. – Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle.
Sign up for my free weekly “She Blossoms” newsletter
Respect and prayers for the victims of last night’s terror attacks in Paris. Politics aside, let’s not forget the real people lost, the sacrifices made by these poor souls and their families, because humanity can’t get it’s act together and get along. – Rev. Nix Eradicatus.
Sending prayers for those who are suffering in Paris because of this very tragic incident. May God give them strength during their time of great loss and grieving. My thoughts and prayers are also with these people who keep on generalizing the whole Muslim population and Islam in blaming terrorism without even educating themselves on the religion. Learning other beliefs doesn’t mean you are betraying your own, it just helps you understand and respect other people more. World peace! – Zhia Kate.
Please dear Lord, protect us from this evil that continues to haunt us. Please give those that are Yours the wisdom and the power to use the technology that is already in place, and to create new technology and prevent further tragedies. I also ask that You send Your comfort and healing to those that this has touched both in physical and in mental capacity. I ask these things in the name of the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit. Amen…. Doris Ann Williamson.
If you’re grieving loss after a terrorist attack, read How to Survive the Grieving Process.
Why send prayers for peace and comfort after a terrorist attack?
“After posting prayers for Paris, France, and our world someone issued a post about prayer as a waste of time and energy,” said David Weekly on Facebook. “The important thing is to get involved in justice work. Double-blind studies indicate that prayer effects both the one praying and the one unknowingly prayed for in ways we do not understand. Beyond this, prayer is not passive; it is one dimension of compassion. Practical acts of care, including working for justice are extensions of prayer for many people of faith.”
One of my favorite theologians, Fred Rogers, said “Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” May we be helpers today.
Twitter Prayers for Peace and Comfort After a Terrorist Attack
The sun rises in this beautiful city, we remember the people that have died and the families that have lost loved ones… Our thoughts are with you all… PrayForParis. – David Beckham.
Praying for everyone in Paris right now. Lord please restore this city to safety. Give them peace and protection. – Hillary Scott.
The reports from Paris are harrowing. Praying for the city and families of the victims. – Hillary Clinton.
Heart is heavy – praying for Paris concert goers and hostages from EODM concert. Can only pray. – Juliette Lewis.
I can’t even begin to express what I feel… All my thoughts and love goes to Paris on this very sad night. – Molly Ringwald.
Extremely saddened by the cowardly and brutal act on innocents. Prayers and thoughts with the families. #prayforparis – Hrithik Roshan.
Heartbreaking to hear about the #ParisAttacks. Can only pray for peace. I hope justice will be served. – Varun Dhawan.
Deeply sad to see what happened in Paris, the city which is a symbol of love and beauty has been turned into a cauldron of hate #Prayers4Paris. – Vivek Oberoi.
Sending prayers and love for our dear friends in Paris. #Prayers4Paris – Hugh Jackman.
My prayers are with the victims and hostages in the horrible Paris attacks. May God be with you all. -Donald Trump.
I mourn with you. I pray with you. I stand with you. America must lead in the world. We must wage and win this fight against Islamic terrorism. – Carly Fiorina.
For more prayers for peace and comfort for survivors of terrorist attacks, read Practical Tips and Prayers for Grieving Widows.
Your prayers for peace and comfort after terrorist attacks are welcome below.
It is never easy to find the right words of comfort when someone we know suffers the loss of a loved one. But in times of grief, a few well-spoken words goes a long way in providing some measure of peace. As a Christian, a call, a prayer and a visit often helps. Here are some sympathy, condolence messages that can help you form your own words of comfort.
Read also Prayer For Those Grieving the Loss of Loved Ones
- After the tears have dried and the goodbyes have been said, all we have to hold onto are the happy memories that we’ve shared with our loved ones who have passed, this is what keeps them alive in our hearts and in our minds, and they will continue to live on, through us.
- Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.
I admired for his/her strength of character and his/her faith. I will continue to be inspired by the actions he/she took and the things he/she said while he/she was alive. He/she will live in my memories.
- I am at a loss of words, and I don’t know what to say to you to help you feel better. Please accept my condolences anyway. I’ll be praying for you.
- I am praying for you to get through this time with the peace that comes from the knowledge that God loves you and that He will take care of you.
- I am praying for you to have peace and strength at this time. You have my deepest sympathies.
- I am truly sorry to hear of the loss of (insert Name of deceased here.). Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you and hasten the journey of his/her soul to Heaven.
- May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Please accept my sincere condolences.
- Please accept our condolences, just know that we are here for you, and please do not hesitate to reach out, especially during this difficult time.
- My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May God give you the comfort and peace that you seek and may the soul of your loved one rest in peace.
- I cannot even begin to understand what you are going through right now, but I would like to offer my prayers and condolences to you and your family.
- In this tough time in your life, may my friendship, sympathy and heartfelt condolences bring you comfort.
- Those who are asleep will awaken on the day the Lord comes for us all.
- We are deeply saddened by your loss, our hearts go out to you and your loved ones and may our prayers guide soul to our Heavenly Father.
- We are saddened by your loss however, we celebrate the life of . We know she is watching down from Heaven. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- We pray that God will give you strength and courage in your time of bereavement. Take comfort in friendship, prayer, and peace in love.
- We pray that the love of God enfolds you during your difficult times and that he helps you heal with the passage of time.
- After the tears have dried and the goodbyes have been said, all we have to hold onto are the happy memories that we’ve shared with our loved ones who have passed, this is what keeps them alive in our hearts and in our minds, and they will continue to live on, through us. My condolences.
- My heart is filled with sorrow upon hearing the news about the your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) passing. My most sincere condolences go out to you and your family.
- I would like to offer you and your family our deepest and most sincere condolences and may the soul of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here) rest in peace.
- Dear (insert Name of bereaved here), I am terribly sorry to hear about the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.). May my condolences bring you consolation and peace during this painful time.
- In this sorrowful time, I would like to extend to you my heartfelt condolences. May our Lord comfort you and your loved ones.
- May my condolences bring you comfort and may our prayers ease the pain of this loss.
- May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Please accept our sincere condolences.
- Only God can know what you are feeling in your heart now, and only He can restore your spirit. I am available to pray with you anytime.
- Our hearts are saddened by your loss and our thoughts and prayers are with you. May the memories of and the love of family surround you and give you strength in the days ahead.
- Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. May the comfort of God help you during this time of need.
- Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather, openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.
- Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. May the love of family and friends comfort you during these difficult days, our most heartfelt condolences.
- In the hard times caused by the departure to the angels in the sky of his dear brother, we are with our colleague (Name), with thoughts of comfort and compassion. God rest him in peace.
- A prayer, my thoughts of love, flowers and many tears is all I can offer now, when your soul is summoned to heaven, leaving a grieving mother desolated forever. I loved you and I will forever keep you in my heart, my dear son.
- A gentle soul ascended to heaven, leaving behind a lot of pain and anger. We say goodbye to our friend.
- We forever support the family of (Name), now that she has been separated from the man that was a father, grandfather and father-in-law.
- With boundless heartache, we announce the separation from our beloved father and grandfather. May God bless his soul.
- In a time of great ordeal, we are with our colleague and her family at the separation from her loved father. May God give him eternal rest and may He put his soul where the righteous rest. Sincere condolences.
- You went to heaven too soon, leaving behind you only tears and pain. May God rest your soul.
- All my life I will remember your kindness and love. May God forgive you of your sins, and may you stay with the angels up there, in a place free from pain and suffering.
- Pious homage, honor and remembrance in memory of the man who was a husband, son in law, brother, brother in law and uncle.
- Tears and flowers will now be brought to your grave and your sad gentle eyes will be just a memory. God’s forgiveness and eternal rest come upon the man who was a husband, son in law, brother and uncle.
- A good heart has stopped beating, a good soul rose to heaven, closer to God. The pain of losing a brother and uncle will forever remain in our hearts.
- He left this world after a long, hard suffering, the best husband, father and grandfather. May God keep you beside him, so you may watch over us.
Best Articles and Prayers Related to Grief
Looking for even more? Why not share one of these prayers with someone who may need it.
Prayer For Those Grieving the Loss of Loved Ones A Prayer For those suffering tragedy Prayer – Life After Death A Sad Heart – A Prayer Against Sadness Prayer for Strength After The Loss of a Loved One A Prayer For When You don’t Feel Good Enough