In my last post I talked about the need to TRUST GOD with all the details of the wedding planning, even before taking significant steps. This trust in God will be shown through prayer, knowing that He can do far more than I even ask or imagine! As it says in the Bible in the book of Ephesians 3 verse 20
Ephesians 3:20 (The Message (MSG))
20God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!
I love that! He can do far more than I can imagine, guess or request in my wildest dreams. Wow.
So here is what I am asking Him (God) to fulfill even as we plan the wedding. I am praying for:
- Knowledge, guidance and direction and the ability to focus on what is most important- there are so many decisions to make, at the very least, 30 different decisions. My prayer is for direction on who to choose, what are the best most meaningful, most cost effective decisions to make, stress free. He can show us and lead us to those people or even those people to us.
- Enduring love between SugarHoney and I and between our families as we plan the wedding and in our married life. We all know stories of people who have broken their engagement, which is extremely sad (although my take is that a broken engagement, painful as it is, is better than a broken marraige). Wedding planning can also be a stressful time between families as you try and merge years of history in months. We pray for love and no bad blood or other family dramas.
- Amani. Swahili word for peace. Peace in Kenya as we approach the elections and thereafter, to enable us all to live normal lives
- Provision- of stregnth, humour, the 7000USD and more for the honeymoon and married life, of the best service providers who are best suited to us, sunshine (April can be a rainy month), good spirits and photos and fun no matter the weather, funds for our families and friends abroad to join us for the wedding,
- Safety and health as we do the footwork moving around, as we do other things, for divine protection both now and after the wedding.
Other helpful Bible verses
The Message (MSG)
6-7Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life
James 1:5-8 (MSG)
5-8If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who “worry their prayers” are like wind-whipped waves. Don’t think you’re going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open. Psalm 136:1 (MSG)Thank God! He deserves your thanks. His love never quits.
The Message (MSG)
Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own thing. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ—the Message—have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives—words, actions, whatever—be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way. Philipians 4:19You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus. Our God and Father abounds in glory that just pours out into eternity. Yes.
So this is my prayer:God, this wedding is in your hands. You know how much I love SugarHoney and how I look forward to our life and love together forever as we live. I am excited to move ahead and plan the details. But I want you to guide me from the start. Guide me and give me wisdom. I don’t know what I am doing in the sense that I have never planned my own wedding before. But I know you can give us both all the wisdom we need to make the best decisions for a memorable, joyful, meaningful wedding day. Give SugarHoney and I and both our families, a love that never quits. Keep us moving forward, more in love tomorrow than we are today. Papa I pray for peace in Kenya even us we approach the next general elections. You know the hard times we had with the last one. It’s easy to want to do the wedding as soon as possible and make a run for it. But God, thank you for giving me a bold, courageous husband-to-be. Thank you for the opportunity to pray for peace in the land. Give me peace in my heart and help me to trust you that all will be well. Lord I ask for you to supply all that we need for the wedding. Help us to have even more than we could have asked, imagined or thought about in our wildest dreams. Provide us with the best service providers for what we need, help us to even receive that which we have not asked for as a bonus to trusting you. Provide us with a good sense of humour to take us all the way. Provide us with straight paths because we have acknowledged you. And with the growing unpredictable weather patterns, I ask for bright sunny day- a day that is not too hot, nor cold or wet. Finally Lord I pray for your physical, mental and spiritual protection as we plan the wedding and in our marriage, for both us and our families. Keep us away from harm. Lord, 7 months from now it will be really exciting to see how you have answered our prayers. I ask that you may do, “far more than I could ever imagine or guess or request in my wildest dreams! ” Amen.
Service to All
For the health and protection of our Pope Francis…. just a simple Hail Mary (read below). Especially now that ISIS has targeted the Vatican and plans to assassinate the Pope!
Please read all below and forward to friends… the goal is ten million Hail Marys for our dear Pope!!
POPE FRANCIS MAKES A REQUEST
- Weep not for what you have lost, fight for what you have.
- Weep not for what is dead, fight for what was born in you.
- Weep not for the one who abandoned you, fight for who is with you.
- Weep not for those who hate you, fight for those who want you.
- Weep not for your past, fight for your present struggle.
- Weep not for your suffering, fight for your happiness.
With things that are happening to us, we begin to learn that nothing is impossible to solve, just move forward.
NOTE: THE HOLY FATHER MAKES A REQUEST FOR PRAYERS THAT GOD PROTECTS HIM AND GIVES HIM FORCES TO MEET THIS DIFFICULT TASK … SO BE IT!!
Our goal is to reach ten million Hail Mary’s for Pope Francis. This campaign started today. Send this message to all Catholic friends or even to those who like him
We pray for the Holy Father that the heavenly Mother intercedes for him and protects him in his ministry:
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Please forward. We want to reach ten million Hail Marys for Pope Francis.
submitted by: pj……..edited by: jackg
Did you like this? Share it: