A Prayer for God’s Favor
Psalm 103, Psalm 112
Reflections of the Heart:
God’s favor can open doors that cannot be shut and usher in opportunities that otherwise would be inaccessible. What areas in your life do you need God’s favor? Take those needs to Him in prayer and expect His favor to surround you like a shield!
Father, You are the Most High God, the only true and living God. You are excellent in all of Your ways. You reign in heaven and on earth. The heavens are Your throne and the earth is Your footstool. There is no searching Your understanding. Lord, You are good and Your mercy endures forever. You are the great I Am, the Everlasting Father, a Mighty God, the Prince of Peace and a Wonderful Counselor. You are our creator, redeemer, savior, and sustainer. We give thanks to You for You are faithful even when we have been faithless. We thank You for Your word which gives us light and understanding. We thank You for giving us all things that pertain to life and godliness and for giving us all spiritual blessings in heavenly places. We exalt You, Lord God, and we bless Your Name.
Father, as a Church Family, we confess that we will stand on Your word and proclaim Your truth. We declare that Your word is a lamp to our feet and a light unto our path. You are the potter and we are the clay. We confess that we will surrender to Your will. Lord, it is Your will that we live life abundantly. Therefore by faith, we confess that we will walk by faith and not by sight as we trust in Your precious promises. We declare that as we bind mercy and truth around our necks and write them on our hearts; we will have favor in Your sight and in the sight of man. We believe that You will supply all of our needs, so that we will be all that You have called us to be. We declare that while many may seek the rulers favor, we will seek Your favor. Every man’s judgment comes from You and every good and perfect gift comes from above. Lord, we trust and believe that no good thing will be withheld from us as we walk uprightly before You.
Holy Spirit, help me to see the opportunities that the Father has placed before me. Record what He reveals to you:
Father, please show us Your ways, teach us Your paths and lead us in truth. Holy Spirit, please motivate and inspire us as we meditate in the Word day and night so that we can obtain true riches, honor and long life. Teach us humility and the fear of the Lord, which is the beginning of wisdom. Lord, please give us favor in accordance with Your plan for our lives individually and corporately. We ask for Your continual blessings in our homes, families, and workplaces. Bless our going out and coming in. Increase our finances and give us the ability to obtain wealth so that Your covenant is established. Satisfy our hearts desires, as we delight in You and seek Your face. Meet our emotional, spiritual, and physical needs and help us as a Church Family to flourish in the building of Your kingdom. Protect us and raise up a standard against our enemies. Lord, fill our hearts with Your joy and direct our steps.
Father, forgive us for our sins. Forgive us for not studying Your Word to show ourselves approved. Forgive us for not acknowledging You in all of our ways and for leaning to our own understanding. Forgive those of us for not seeking Your guidance through prayer, and for being proud and self absorbed. Forgive those of us for elevating our jobs, material possessions, people and relationships above You. Forgive those for not seeking first Your kingdom and for not being faithful stewards over the resources with which You have given. Create in all of us clean hearts and renew in us right spirits. Lord, remind us of people we need to forgive and help us to forgive.
Lead us not into temptation; but, deliver us from the evil one.
Lord God Almighty, You are holy and righteous. You are great and greatly to be praised. You are worthy, Lord, and Your dominion endures throughout all generations. We extol You and bless Your Name forever. Yours is the kingdom and the glory and the power forever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Scripture References for the written text: Isaiah 66:1, Psalm 136:1, Exodus 3:14, Isaiah 9:6, II Timothy 2:13, II Peter 1:3, Ephesians 1:3, Psalm 145:1, Psalm 119:105, Isaiah 64:8, John 10:10, II Corinthians 5:7, Proverbs 3:3-4, Psalm 84:11, Proverb 1:7, Deuteronomy 28:6, Deuteronomy 8:18, Psalm 37:4, Isaiah 59:19, Mathew 6:33, Matthew 6:13, Psalm 48:1, Psalm 145:1
Today, I will trust God to:
Extending Mercy – Show Mercy prayer for January 6. God is forever faithful to His faithful children. He can keep his beloved children in any extremities and to the very end. Let’s tell God to show us mercy and extend it to our loved ones.
Bible Verse for Today
“But showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments” (Deuteronomy 5:10).
If we love God, His mercy on our life can cover thousands of people. They link up with us one way or the other. Taking the story of Abraham and lot as an example. For the sake of Abraham, God preserved the life of Lot and his family. This implies that if you truly love your family and care for them, you will love the Lord so as to provoke His mercy upon them.
God is a sustainer to His children. The weakest of them that lean on him are stronger than strong men that do not know God. He said he would have mercy on us Romans 9:15 “For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion”. We are his children, so we are the one he is going to show mercy. The interesting part of it is that it would be extended to the entire membership of our family. Let’s desire for the mercy of God today, his mercy will wipe out all our mistakes and elevate us, his mercy endures forever.
Show Mercy Prayer for Today
You are a merciful God and you said in your word that “I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy,” Lord I request for mercy. You show mercy because you love us and for this reason, you sent us your beloved son to die for us. Show me an extending mercy.
Lord, for the sake of Abraham, you have mercy on Lot and his family. For my sake, Lord, have mercy on every member of my family, and my friends. Let your mercy sustain me. In your mercy Lord strengthen me to face the day and get the best of it. Amen.
Read also: BLESS ME Prayer for January 5
1. Oh Lord of mercy: By your mercy hearken to my voice and give me testimonies, in the name of Jesus.
2. Oh Lord,by your mercy, my ladder of greatness shall not break, in the name of Jesus.
3. Anything planted in my life scaring my helpers away: Be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
4. My prayer altar receive fresh fire, in the name of Jesus.
5. Every evil cage that has refused to let me go: be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every satanic violence set up against the mercy of God for my life: Scatter by fire, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every power robbing me of the mercy and favor of God: Your time is over release me and die, in the name of Jesus.
8. By the mercy of God: I decree that the hand of the enemy shall not prevail over my life, in the name of Jesus.
9. You wicked power delaying the manifestation of my divine mercy: be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
10. Every enemy of my progress within and without: I’ve obtained the mercy of God therefore: die in shame in the name of Jesus.
11.By the mercy of God: I receive supernatural breakthroughs, in the name of Jesus.
12. Any wicked power delegated to waste my destiny, be wasted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
13 Wherever the enemy has knocked me down: Mercy of God lift me up and restore me, in the name of Jesus.
14. Every arrow of wickedness preventing my rain of mercy: Be destroyed by fire, in the name of Jesus.
15. If ‘am behind my heavenly ordained destiny: Mercy of God move me forward to where ‘am suppose to be, in the name of Jesus.
16. By the mercy of God I shall not fish in the Dead Sea, in the name of Jesus.
17. By the mercy of God: Let there be a way for me in the wilderness, in the name of Jesus.
18. By the mercy of god let every valley in my life bring forth water, in the name of Jesus.
19. By the mercy of God: I shall not build for another to inhabit, in the name of Jesus.
20.By the mercy of God: I shall not labor for another to enjoy, in the name of Jesus.
21. by the mercy of God: I shall not plant for another to harvest, in the name of Jesus.
22. By the mercy of God: I shall not be unseated from my place of blessing/fulfillment, in the name of Jesus.
23. by the mercy of God: I shall not be a negative example in the house of God, in my family, in my community to the nation at large, in the name of Jesus.
25. by the mercy of God: I shall obtain uncommon favor in the name of Jesus.
27. by the mercy of God I shall not see disgrace, I shall not see shame, and I shall not see disappointment, in the name of Jesus.
27. By the mercy of God: I shall be watered from the garden of the Lord all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
28. By the mercy of God: I shall live in abundance and in good health all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
29. By the mercy of God: I shall be blessed and highly favored all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
30. By the mercy of God: Where others have failed I shall succeed , in the name of Jesus.