God’s favor is bestowed upon those who are in a relationship with Him. Let’s face it if it were not for the favor of God you would not make it to heaven.
There are some instances when you will need God’s favor and you may need to pray for His favor. There are also Blessing Prayers that can be prayed to release blessings over your life. Some examples where you would need His favor could be:
1. When you are going for a job interview and you are up against other applicants for the same job.
2. You are in a sales position and you have to present yourself so that others can make a decision on whether or not they want to buy your product.
The favor of God can open doors for you with others. You can even have favor with unbelievers.
Let’s use Esther as an example, she was presented with others to the King, an unbeliever, as the future queen and God granted her favor because this was a part of His plans to save the Jews.
Esther 2:9 She pleased him and won his favor. Immediately he provided her with her beauty treatments and special food. He assigned to her seven female attendants selected from the king’s palace and moved her and her attendants into the best place in the harem.
Esther 2:17 Now the king was attracted to Esther more than to any of the other women, and she won his favor and approval more than any of the other virgins. So he set a royal crown on her head and made her queen instead of Vashti.
The Lord will grant you favor if what you are requesting is in line with is ultimate purpose for your life.
Favor can also be conditional so you need to make sure that you are confessing your sins and walking in obedience to the Lord.
The following scriptures will shows areas where Favor is conditional based on your actions and character:
Proverbs 11:1 The LORD detests dishonest scales, but accurate weights find favor with him.
Proverbs 13:15 Good judgment wins favor, but the way of the unfaithful leads to their destruction.
Isaiah 66:2 These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.
We can’t walk in disobedience to the Lord and then expect Him to roll out the red carpet to us. God will not reward disobedience.
Here is a prayer you can use for favor:
Lord Jesus, I humble myself before you and I ask the you grant me favor today as I _________ (be specific in naming the place or situation in which you need favor). Open the hearts of those whom I will speak with this day and cause them to receive me positively. Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in Your sight my Rock and my Redeemer. I pray that what I am requesting favor for is within Your perfect and will for my life. May my prayers open the storehouse of your blessings, In Jesus Name. Amen
Here are some other scriptures concerning favor that you can meditate on and also use in your personal prayer time.
1 Samuel 2:26 And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the LORD and with people.
Psalm 5:12 Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Psalm 30:5 For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
Psalm 90:17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands.
Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.
Leviticus 26:9 I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you.
Here are some other scriptures about the Favor of God
Proverbs 23: 17-19 The Prayer of Expectation
Joshua 1:8 – Prayer For Success and Prosperity
Praying for a Hundredfold Blessing on Your Harvest – Matthew 13:3-9
Scriptures on the Favor of God
List of other Prayers
A Prayer for God’s Favor
Psalm 103, Psalm 112
Reflections of the Heart:
God’s favor can open doors that cannot be shut and usher in opportunities that otherwise would be inaccessible. What areas in your life do you need God’s favor? Take those needs to Him in prayer and expect His favor to surround you like a shield!
Father, You are the Most High God, the only true and living God. You are excellent in all of Your ways. You reign in heaven and on earth. The heavens are Your throne and the earth is Your footstool. There is no searching Your understanding. Lord, You are good and Your mercy endures forever. You are the great I Am, the Everlasting Father, a Mighty God, the Prince of Peace and a Wonderful Counselor. You are our creator, redeemer, savior, and sustainer. We give thanks to You for You are faithful even when we have been faithless. We thank You for Your word which gives us light and understanding. We thank You for giving us all things that pertain to life and godliness and for giving us all spiritual blessings in heavenly places. We exalt You, Lord God, and we bless Your Name.
Father, as a Church Family, we confess that we will stand on Your word and proclaim Your truth. We declare that Your word is a lamp to our feet and a light unto our path. You are the potter and we are the clay. We confess that we will surrender to Your will. Lord, it is Your will that we live life abundantly. Therefore by faith, we confess that we will walk by faith and not by sight as we trust in Your precious promises. We declare that as we bind mercy and truth around our necks and write them on our hearts; we will have favor in Your sight and in the sight of man. We believe that You will supply all of our needs, so that we will be all that You have called us to be. We declare that while many may seek the rulers favor, we will seek Your favor. Every man’s judgment comes from You and every good and perfect gift comes from above. Lord, we trust and believe that no good thing will be withheld from us as we walk uprightly before You.
Holy Spirit, help me to see the opportunities that the Father has placed before me. Record what He reveals to you:
Father, please show us Your ways, teach us Your paths and lead us in truth. Holy Spirit, please motivate and inspire us as we meditate in the Word day and night so that we can obtain true riches, honor and long life. Teach us humility and the fear of the Lord, which is the beginning of wisdom. Lord, please give us favor in accordance with Your plan for our lives individually and corporately. We ask for Your continual blessings in our homes, families, and workplaces. Bless our going out and coming in. Increase our finances and give us the ability to obtain wealth so that Your covenant is established. Satisfy our hearts desires, as we delight in You and seek Your face. Meet our emotional, spiritual, and physical needs and help us as a Church Family to flourish in the building of Your kingdom. Protect us and raise up a standard against our enemies. Lord, fill our hearts with Your joy and direct our steps.
Father, forgive us for our sins. Forgive us for not studying Your Word to show ourselves approved. Forgive us for not acknowledging You in all of our ways and for leaning to our own understanding. Forgive those of us for not seeking Your guidance through prayer, and for being proud and self absorbed. Forgive those of us for elevating our jobs, material possessions, people and relationships above You. Forgive those for not seeking first Your kingdom and for not being faithful stewards over the resources with which You have given. Create in all of us clean hearts and renew in us right spirits. Lord, remind us of people we need to forgive and help us to forgive.
Lead us not into temptation; but, deliver us from the evil one.
Lord God Almighty, You are holy and righteous. You are great and greatly to be praised. You are worthy, Lord, and Your dominion endures throughout all generations. We extol You and bless Your Name forever. Yours is the kingdom and the glory and the power forever. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Scripture References for the written text: Isaiah 66:1, Psalm 136:1, Exodus 3:14, Isaiah 9:6, II Timothy 2:13, II Peter 1:3, Ephesians 1:3, Psalm 145:1, Psalm 119:105, Isaiah 64:8, John 10:10, II Corinthians 5:7, Proverbs 3:3-4, Psalm 84:11, Proverb 1:7, Deuteronomy 28:6, Deuteronomy 8:18, Psalm 37:4, Isaiah 59:19, Mathew 6:33, Matthew 6:13, Psalm 48:1, Psalm 145:1
Today, I will trust God to:
PRAYING FOR GOD’S FAVOR
June 20, 2011 by prayerunlimited
PRAYING ANOINTED PRAYERS FOR GOD’S FAVOUR
Would you like to have anointed favour to come upon your life? This is God’s desire for you. The bible declares that God anointed Jesus with His spirit to come and declare the year of the Lords favour upon us. We are favoured by the lord. It is however sad that the enemy comes to condemn and steal/block/divert the favour that we should have. Begin your new year/month/ week with these prayers to release your favour upon your life. Remember this is by faith alone. Take it by force my brethren:
- Begin with praise and worship
- I confess that my faith is in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, my saviour
- Ps 102:13 says “Thou shall arise, and have mercy upon Zion, for the time to favour her, yea, the set time is come”. I declare that this is my time for the lord to arise and have mercy upon me for the time of my favour has come.
- Ps 89:20 says “I have found favour with David my servant, with holy oil have I anointed him”. Lord let me have favour with you, arise o my God, and anoint me with holy oil.
- Today I come against all evil and negative thoughts that Satan and his agents have planted in my heart. I destroy them in the name of Jesus. I rebuke all demons controlling them in the name of Jesus
- I silence all demons disturbing my spirit in the name of Jesus
- I release the fire of the Holy spirit to destroy every source of evil thoughts in Jesus name
- I bind, rebuke and cast out all anti favour demons, anti-prayer demons, anti-miracle demons, anti-deliverance demons and all rebel spirits causing hindrances in the heavenlies, air, land sea or under the sea in Jesus name
- I nullify their power in the name of Jesus Christ
- I nullify and destroy all curses and garments of ill luck, curses and garments of failure, curses and garments of shame, curses and garments of hatred, curses and garments of death, curses and garments of disappointment and any other curse or garment of the devil hindering me from receiving my favour
- I rebuke, bind and cast them out in Jesus name
- I destroy any book of the devil in which my name is written for any reason
- I rebuke and cast all demons working on those books in the name of Jesus
- I erase my name with the blood of Jesus from the temple of the devil, shrine and mystic homes in Jesus name
- I come against all marks of hatred and all marks tattooed on my body which hinder me from receiving my divine favour. I erase them with the blood of Jesus
- I erase with the blood of Jesus marks of disappointment, marks of sorrow, marks of hatred, marks of poverty, marks of ill-luck, marks of sicknesses, marks of failure, marks of trouble and every other visible or invisible mark
- I bind rebuke and cast away in Jesus name demons following me because of these marks
- I wash myself with the blood of Jesus and command the good angels of the Lord to follow me
- My name is……………… from ………….(country),…………(tribe) and ……………(clan-if any)
- If in any case my name, surname, clan, tribe or country is that of a demon, an idol, a river or steam, evil person, mermaid, bitter occasion, market day, evil day/season or anything that glorifies Satan, I destroy the spiritual meaning and significance of such names
- I bind, rebuke and cast out every demon that has been hindering my progress though such names in Jesus name
- I now dedicate my name and cancel all negative connotations of my name to the glory of God in the name of Jesus
- O lord, make my name a blessing and turn away your shame to glory
- I now rise against wizards, witches and demons that give people evil dreams in Jesus name
- I destroy all evil dreams that cause people to hate me in Jesus name
- I wipe with the blood of Jesus all evil dreams registered in the minds of people concerning me
- I come against demons that alter every good thing/kindness you show me through my dreams in Jesus name
- I command every demon that causes me to eat in my dream, have sex in my dream, fly in my dream, talk in my dream, swim in my dream, cry in my dream, fear in my dream etc to be rendered powerless in Jesus name and to leave by fire.
- I close every door they use to attack me in Jesus name
- I dash into pieces evil dreams of poverty in my life in Jesus name
- Job 22:18 declares “thou shall decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee, and the light shall shine upon your ways”. I bind and rebuke those demons which compel people to reward me with evil for good
- I decree that men and women shall reward me with good and grant me favour in all areas
- O Lord, let your light shine upon my life, business, house, office, studies etc in Jesus name
- I come against evil spirits that defame me, those that carry messages across the air, those that speak against me and any invisible power that carries negative reports about me. I paralyze their schemes in Jesus name
- I turn all wisdom of my enemies into foolishness in Jesus name
- I command all demons that go around spraying evil and unpleasant odour to smear me or drive people away from me to be scattered in Jesus name
- I nullify all unpleasant odours against my life in Jesus name
- I cover myself with the fire of the holy ghost in Jesus name
- I come against Satan and his agents who have exchanged my bright future with evil desires, failure sorrow, disappointment, shame, poverty, hatred and all manners of misfortune. I paralyze their schemes in Jesus name
- I declare Isaiah 61:7 over my life that I shall have double for my shame
- I release the fire of the holy spirit to consume all powers of darkness tampering with my divine favour or bright future
- I cover myself with the blood of Jesus and Holy Ghost fire for my favour and future to remain intact
- I come against all shadows of darkness that follow me around. I rebuke them and cast them in Jesus name
- Job 28:3 declares “He setteth an end to darkness, and searcheth out all perfection: the stones of darkness and the shadow of death”. O Lord, end all darkness around me, destroy stones of darkness and shadow of death that pursues me
- Let the light of God continually shine before me
- I rise against every spiritual veil of powers of darkness covering my divine favour
- I destroy powers of darkness holding their veil in position with Holy Ghost fire wherever they are: in the land, air, sea, under the sea etc
- Oh Lord anoint me with oil of gladness continually for your word says in Ps 45:7 “Thou loveth righteousness and hateth wickedness; therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with oil of gladness above thy fellows
- I command sorrow, bitterness, failure, disappointment, hatred, shame and ill luck to disappear from my life for the oil of gladness to be upon me
- Zech 2:5”For I, saith the lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in her midst”. I place my life, my family, my home, my business, my office, my clothes, my money, my ministry and all my belongings within God’s wall of fire in Jesus name
- I command all spiritual doors of the devil against my divine favour to manifest in Jesus name
- I release God’s mighty angels to destroy them, and destroy all powers that have shut and guard them
- I ask you lord Jesus to be my personal door for divine favour
- Let my divine favour pass through the door God has opened for me
- O lord, revive my spiritual life, business, future, career, family and everything about me in my favour
- O lord, take off the yoke of Satan and his agents from my neck and every burden from my shoulder
- I command every yoke of hatred, sorrow, disappointment, shame, misfortune etc to be destroyed by fire in Jesus name
- I command every accursed object in my house to be manifest
- I nullify all curses placed on them. I destroy by holy ghost fire any property that gives Satan/demons entrance into my life
- I break every covenant/initiation made on any of those properties in Jesus name
- O lord, anoint me with divine favour in Jesus name
- I declare its time for my favour in Jesus name
- Let your angels o lord, of goodness and mercy follow me
- I now put on garments of divine favour
- O lord, light the candle of my life (Ps 18:28) and thank you so much for favouring me.
To add to these prayers, your actions must be added to receive the divine favor. Respect 10 commandments. Seek no pleasure, live to serve others and live through kind selfless service. Fast often. Forgive those who offended you and give gifts anonymously. (You will be especially blessed if the person thanks God, not you, for the gift).
As believers, we can know in our hearts that God is Sovereign and strong. We can believe that His plans for us are for good and that He has blessing in store as we follow after Him.
Yet often, when life presses and things feel stressed, when problems overwhelm, and hardships come our way, our focus gets blurred. We somehow start to believe that it all depends on “us.” Like maybe we blew it, messed up and got ourselves off the course from “the road to “success.” We spin our wheels trying to find a fast way out of difficulty. We feel like it’s up to us to make things happen. Stirring up action. Trying hard to get one foot into an open door, or wondering why a closed one shut. We start thinking that if we’re not “able enough,” “talented enough,” “brave enough,” that maybe God can’t quite use us.
We forget, that the very God who created this entire universe, who holds the stars in place, and knows the exact number of hairs on our head, also knows our way. That His favor rests on us as we seek after Him first, and He holds the power to cause things to happen in just a moment, that would otherwise take us years to do. He can line up our pathways to cross with others He wants us to meet. He can open doors that leave us surprised at how they open. He can close doors that He knows are not the best for us. He has a plan, in the good, and in every hard thing we face.
And often the greatest blessings come after the greatest times of testing.
Over and over in God’s Word, we see those whose lives He most powerfully used, after they had endured many hardships and trials. Their lives were not defined by the suffering or testing, but by God alone, who moved through the trial and brought greater good, blessing, and favor from it all.
So many more…
Joseph says in Genesis 50:20, “As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.”
God paved the way of freedom for Joseph. Though it wasn’t right away, slavery and imprisonment could not keep him contained. For our Lord, in His purposes, had more still in store.
God will not allow any circumstance, or any person, to hold us back from His blessing, favor, and purpose for our lives. We don’t have to worry. Because we belong to Him. And we can trust Him with our days. God is Able, He is more than Able, to turn the toughest, darkest times, around for good. He will not waste our pain, but will use the difficulty of what we walk through for greater good, to bring blessing and freedom to others.
His Presence is with us and we can be assured in whatever we face, His plans for us are good.
21 Reminders of His Blessing, Favor, and Sovereignty Over Our Lives:
“For you bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover him with favor as with a shield.” Psalm 5:12
“Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands…” Psalm 90:17
“For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” Psalm 84:11
“…but his favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.” Psalm 30:5
“…By your favor you make us strong…” Psalm 89:17
“My times are in your hands…” Psalm 31:15
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.” Ephesians 1:3
“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” 2 Corinthians 2:8
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
“How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you.” Psalm 31:19
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28
“Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:16
“If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him.” Matthew 7:11
“And the Lord said…This very thing that you have spoken I will do, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name.” Exodus 33:17
“The mind of man plans his way but the Lord directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
“The lot is cast into the lap, But its every decision is from the Lord.” Proverbs 16:33
“And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.” Genesis 12:2
“Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished.” Luke 1:45
“Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.” Psalm 23:6
“These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.” Revelation 3:7
A Prayer for Blessing
Thank you for your great love and blessing over our lives. Thank you that your favor has no end, but it lasts for our entire lifetime. Forgive us for sometimes forgetting that you are intimately acquainted with all of our ways, that you know what concerns us, and you cover us as with a shield. We ask that we would walk in your blessing and goodness today. That your face would shine on us. That you would open the right doors for our lives and for our loved ones, that you would close the wrong doors and protect us from those we need to walk away from. Establish the work of our hands and bring to fulfillment all that you have given us to do in these days. We pray that you would make our way purposeful and our footsteps firm out of your goodness and love. Give us a heart of wisdom to hear your voice, and make us strong by your huge favor and grace.
In Jesus’ Name,
We are children of the King. He is Sovereign and He reigns Supreme, giving favor, guidance, and blessings to all those who seek after Him.
Resting there today, hope you are too.
Debbie McDaniel is a writer, pastor’s wife, mom to three amazing kids (and a lot of pets). Join her each morning on Fresh Day Ahead’s facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/DebbieWebbMcDaniel, for daily encouragement in living strong, free, hope-filled lives. Find her also at and
This article is part of our larger Prayers resource meant to inspire and encourage your prayer life when you face uncertain times. Visit our most popular prayers if you are wondering how to pray or what to pray. Remember, the Holy Spirit intercedes for us and God knows your heart even if you can’t find the words to pray.
Prayer for Healing
Prayer for SurgeryPrayer for StrengthPrayer for ProtectionMorning PrayersGood Night PrayersThe Prayer of JabezShort PrayersThe Lord’s PrayerSerenity PrayerSinner’s PrayerPrayer for ForgivenessPrayer for GuidanceIntercessory PrayerMother’s Day PrayerPrayers for My HusbandPrayers for My SonPrayers for My Daughter
Now available is our new Daily Prayer devotional! An easy way to find start your day with prayer, read today’s prayer and sign up to receive by email.