by April (Macon Ga USA)
Dear God Please hellp me and my family overcome drugs. You know how long I have struggled with this and you lnow my heart Lord. In the name of Jesus bind any dope spirit around me, around my family, away from my mind. Keep my thoughts on You today Lord. Please give me the victory again God so that I may have hope again. Build my faith again Lord. Save my Daddy from the grips of the evil one. Thankyou for loving me Lord. Thankyou for being faithful when I am not. Thank you for your grace and mercy that I will never deserve. Protect me Lord. Draw me nearer to you. Keep my eyes from wandering keep my feet from falling Lord. Give me victory over this evil that is ruining my health my family and my life. Give me the victory so that you will be praised and acknowledged. Be my everything again. Repair my broken and empty soul. Repair the destruction that has taken over my life and home. Send me people to encourage me. Protect me from the ones who will harm me. I pray a hedge of protection around my house and my family. Show yourself mighty and able to the unbelievers in this house Show them who you are so they will never be the same. All for your glory God. I was created to love you, to serve you, to serve others. Fulfill your plans for me Lord. We need this miracle in Jesus’ name. Amen
Return to Miracle Prayer and Prayer Request
The world is becoming something else, it now offers harm and harassment at every turn. Even though at times we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, we must know how to enter into God’s protection for safety and freedom. God knew we were going to have to face hard times because it’s the device of the devil, he creates wars outside the children of God so he can gain access to their insides, he wants to trouble us and cause us to believe that God is not enough to save us. But the good news is that God is all we need to have, He will surely listen to our deliverance prayer anytime we call on Him. We can ask deliverance prayer for healing or from addiction, depends what we need at the moment.
Jesus warned us to pay heed against deceit and not be in trouble (Matthew 24: 4-6). Now, everyone has something to say about what’s happening around, but in God alone we have the lasting solution (Isaiah 40:29-31).
Deliverance Prayer for Breakthrough and Healing
- Lord let me experience your divine healing. “Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise” (Jeremiah 17:14).
- Lord destroy the work of the devil in my life. “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil” (1 John 3:8).
- Keep praising God for the victory you have in Him (Acts 16:25-27).
- Calling His name in the time of trouble and afflictions. “I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies” (Psalms 18:3).
- Heavenly Father, I believe whosoever shall call on your name shall be saved (Acts 2:21), I call upon you today for my deliverance.
- Praying for one another in one accord (James 5:16, Galatians 6:1).
Deliverance Prayer from Addiction
Deliverance prayer becomes very important when we found ourselves in situations we can not handle on our own, when we are addicted to some bad habits. “Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise” (James 5:13). If we truly believe in the power of prayer, the following deliverance prayer will work miracle and deliverance from addiction as we pray in faith.
- But upon Mount Zion there shall be deliverance (Obadiah 1:17). So Lord set me free from all captivities according to Your word.
- Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence (Psalms 91:3).
- Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children (Isaiah 49:24-25). Oh Lord deliver me from the captivity beyond my strength.
- My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions’ mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt (Daniel 6:22). Deliver me from the predators from my adversaries.
- Oh Lord send your angels of liberation to set me free today (Acts 12:6-11).
First of all, problem entered the world immediately man sinned, the devil was able to gain entrance and manipulate the children of God. Through the sinful nature of man, some engaged into various addictions. It becomes very important for man to be free of these burdens in order to enter the kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21). Deliverance prayer can help.
Deliverance prayer points
1. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour (John 3:16): This is the 1st step and very important one to deliverance. “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”.(Acts 4:12)
2. Settle the victory in your heart: “Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you” (1 Peter 5: 7). First, we have to come to the complete and absolute decision that we are the victors. The victory is ours and the battle is the Lord’s (1 John 4: 4). So we must take our shield in the word, taking communion every 30 minutes if necessary. Our fellowship with the Lord boosts our confidence in Him to dispel every thought of failure and defeat—both for us as individuals, and the nation as a whole. We’re more than a conqueror through Christ (Romans 8:37) and must talk and act as such. It is valid as far as He’s concerned. “ We should rejoice in our victory and say Thank You, Lord! Don’t look up at the devil, already defeated enemy, instead, you look down at him. He’s under your feet! (Ephesians 1:17-23). Is it possible to have that kind of confidence in the midst of the nature of threats we’re facing right now? Yes! “The man who fears the Lord and delights greatly in His commandments “shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord” (Psalm 112). Once you have that kind of assurance, nothing – not even wars and rumours of wars – will be able to move you.
3. Proclaim your deliverance! Psalms 91:2-3; Revelation 12:11. This is very clear, our words are important, they work. Finally, this is a sure way to victory. The word is powerful (Hebbrews 4:12), but when mixed with faith (Romans 10:17). Sometimes it involves making a bold decision, “I’m not gonna focus on my problems anymore, I live with the word of God (John 1:14).
God will not leave us in our trying times
Psalm 49 verse 8 says that “For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth forever.” God has a precious plan for salvation. “The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe” (Proverbs 18:10). As a father, God will never let us fail. So He will always be there when the time is right “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble”. Thus always believe in God, pay attention to Him even when things get tough.
Finally, we must start living the way God wants us to live, that’s when our life begin to turn around. Finally, God brought us into this world to do great things, you have so much potential. Apostle Paul wrote “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9), we must learn how to key into this great grace, which available to us in God our Father.
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” Psalms 46:1.
So, don’t forget deliverance prayer for breakthrough for healing and from addiction. Remain blessed.
Also read: PRAYER FOR PROTECTION
Prayers to the Holy Martyr St. Ephraim of Nea Makri, who intercedes on behalf of those with addictions to alcohol and drugs. Read more here and here.
O Holy Martyr Ephraim, look with compassion upon my distress and, as thou didst deliver the young man from his cruel addiction, so also pray for me that our Lord and Saviour, for Whom thou didst witness unto death, may deliver my soul from captivity to Satan. For I am in cruel bondage and suffering because of my weakness and sinfulness. Beseech our merciful Lord that, as He didst lead the Hebrews forth from slavery in Egypt and called His people out of Babylon, as He delivered the youth from the demon, and freed the daughter of the Canaanite woman, and healed the woman taken in adultery and restored the Samaritan woman, that He may also set me free and deliver me from the demon of addiction***. I confess that I have fallen into this evil through my own slothfulness and weakness, but have mercy and pray for me, O saint and martyr of God.
A short prayer to be said continually by one who is struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol***:
O Lord, Jesus Christ, through the prayers of Thy Holy Martyr Ephraim, have mercy on me and deliver me from this cruel bondage.
***Note: that this could potentially be changed based on whatever one’s specific need might be, e.g. depression, disease, passion, etc.
Read more from OCQ about overcoming addictions and passions.