Caring for different people every single day can take a toll on nurses. This is particularly true for nurses working in the pediatric ward. Since patients in this area are more vulnerable to stress, pain and discomfort, it’s not enough for nurses to concentrate on their physical needs. Sending out prayers can help, too because inevitably, it’s so easy for these small people to capture our hearts again and again.
Below are some of the most powerful prayers for a sick child.
Prayer For A Sick Child In The Hospital
You’re with us.
Though you are not seen,
We know that you stay by our side.
You love us,
More than we could know,
And you feel each tear that we cry.
We trust you,
To take hold of our hands,
Until we’re recovered and well.
You promise to,
Comfort and care,
Until we are laughing and playing again.
Thank you Jesus.
Prayer To Restore A Sick Child’s Health
O Lord God, I come to You for help and succor.
You have afflicted my child .
Help me to understand that You mean well.
Give me grace to bear my child’s affliction with patience and strength.
Bless me, O Father, and restore my child to health.
Do not forsake us, but give us an assurance of Your loving Kingdom.
Bless this illness to me and my child , and help us both to be better children of Yours because of it.
In the name of Your Holy Son Jesus Christ. Amen!
Prayer To St. Nicholas For A Sick Child
Saint Nicholas, who like the Savior,
loved children so tenderly and gave generously to those in need,
listen to us who plead for this sick child
who is so dear to our hearts.
We thank God for the great gift of our child
and we pray that He relieve this child of pain
and free him/her from suffering.
Obtain strength when he/she is weary,
hope when discouraged,
and joy when downhearted.
May the Lord, through your intercession,
restore perfect health if such be His divine will.
These favors, we beg of you through your love for all children.
Prayer For A Sick Child Through St. Gerard
St. Gerard, who, like the Savior, loved children so tenderly and by your prayers freed many from disease and even death, listen to us who are pleading for our sick child. We thank God for the great gift of our son/daughter and ask Him to restore our child to health if such be His holy will. This favour, we beg of you through your love for all children and mothers.
Short Prayer for A Sick Child
Heavenly Father, watch over our child, and grant that he may be restored to that perfect health which it is yours alone to give; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayer For A Sick Child With Chronic Illness
Dear God, I pray for (child’s name) as he/she deals with this (specific illness) so often. I know You are the Master Healer and that You also provide times that are symptom-free for this dear little one. Please comfort and protect this dear child during this hard time. Help them to know that they can come to You for the peace and health that only You can provide. Please be with the doctors as they continually study to find medicines and treatments that will comfort those that suffer from chronic illnesses. I leave this in Your precious hands oh God my Father. Amen
See Also: 9 Powerful Healing Prayers for Cancer Patients
Prayer For A Sick Child With Threatening Illness
Lord I come to You today to present (child’s name) to You. This very deadly sickness that is upon him/her is very sad to all who know and love him/her. I know that in times like this his/her Mommy and Daddy are in despair. Please keep them strong in You so that they can be a comfort to this dear little child. Please keep (child’s name) from being scared of what is happening all around him/her. I ask Your mercy so that pain would be minimal or nonexistence. I love this small and fragile little child. Bestow Your grace and peace to them and all who love them. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.
Prayer To Bring Healing To A Child
Lord, you love our child as You love all children, Bring healing to our child who is not well. Stay by his side and comfort him through this trying time. Keep us ever mindful of Your loving presence Bless us with Your powerful healing and comfort us also. Thank You for hearing our prayer!
See Also: 20 Short But Effective Prayers for Surgery
A Prayer For My Sick Child
Loving Lord Jesus, You are the good Shepherd of the sheep and You are the One Who carries the little lambs in Your arms – and gently cares for those that are weak and afraid. Lord it is so hard to watch a child in distress and feel helpless to aid them – but I pray Lord that You would safely carry this little child and tend for him/her as only You can.
I lift up this precious child to You and ask for Your healing power to permeate through his/her frail body and return him/her to radiant health and strength. Relieve all the symptoms of this unpleasant illness that has invaded this little body – guard him/her from danger and may he/she respond to Your healing touch on his/her life.
Thank You that You are a God Who cares and loves little children and that You hear and answer prayers. Keep this precious lamb enfolded in Your arms and resting on Your bosom and raise him/ her back to full health I pray – and we will give You all the thanks and praise for You alone are worthy.
Prayer For The Recovery For A Sick Child
Almighty and most merciful God I bring before You this little child who is suffering such pain and discomfort – and I ask that in Your grace and mercy You would raise them back up into full health and strength and work a speedy recovery.
The Lord Jesus took little children in His arms of love and blessed them and I pray that in a very special way You would put Your arms of love and blessing around this little one and minister to each need and every pain.
Little ones do not understand why they are feeling so poorly and I just ask that You would have compassion for this little child and take away any fear and pain – and multiply Your grace so that they come to a quick and lasting recovery….
Thank You Lord in Jesus name we pray,
Before we go to sleep tonight, let’s offer a heartfelt prayer for a sick child somewhere out there.
♥ Connect with NurseBuff on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter!
by Sharon (Arizona)
Please pray for this precious little girl.
Please Lord we ask that you heal Hope, that you come into her and take away illness, pain, or any fears associated with her cancer.
Lord we beg you to spare this child any suffering. Please Lord guide this family let them feel your amazing power and grace, bestow upon them the love, faith and guidance they will need to conquer these trials, we praise you Lord.
In Jesus name Amen
Thank you everyone who prays this prayer!
Table of contents
Prayer Request: Post Your Own “A Prayer For a Sick Child”
If you’d like, you can post your prayer below so the PrayWithMe community can help pray with you.
Rules for Posting: All prayers are posted publicly through to this site. Don’t use full names or any other identifying information that you wouldn’t want out on the web.
Don’t post with ALL CAPS, and try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you can, help pray for others and post comments of support.
Recent prayer requests…
Tap below to see prayers from other visitors to this site.
- Sickle Cell Disease- Lord I come to you as humble as I no to please pray for my niece with Sickle Cell Disease. …
- Prayer for the sick- Oh Lord God I pray for my son and daughter to heal. Heal them completely oh Lord, your the most powerful above all things in… …
- Prayer for mental illness- Please pray for my son.He is suffering mental illness and is convinced someone is out to get him.I didn’t raise him like this.it just happened.I… …
- My kids- Father God, I’m asking for healing upon my son. Lord I’m asking that you allow his little body to endure the horrible pain he’s in.… …
- My family- please pray my ADHD child can be better behaved. The Internet is really difficult to take away. I need my child to learn the bible! …
- We need a miracle- My 6 month baby boy was diagnosed with a rare disease that gives him a very minimum chance of him walking. Please pray for him… …
- Austim- Dear God I’m praying for my son to be healed today.l believe you can take his sorrows away from him.God put your hands on him… …
- My daughter- My daughter had been suffering from headaches and neck pain for almost 3 plus years now we been there one doctors after another and no… …
- Surgery for baby- My friend’s six months old granddaughter is having open heart surgery on January 22 to repair a defect. I am praying for the baby of… …
- Kidneys to be perfected- Dear Lord, I call upon your healing power upon my daughter Destiny-Rae. The doctors are predicting kidney failure within the next few weeks and therefore… …
- My son- My son was placed in a mental health hospital this week for disturbing thoughts he was having. He is terrified that the thoughts will never… …
- Healing- Praise God, My son is suffering from severe skin problems. He is unable to sleep. Day and night he is scratching his entire body. His… …
- My Son has experienced pain in kidneys, bowels, and colon- My Son has experienced pain in kidneys, bowels, and colon. He has been in hospitals and was critically ill for about five years. They have… …
- Healing of illness- God, I pray u with the whole heart to make my child sick-free. Come to us Jesus and help us in this situation. I trust… …
- My baby has an allergic reaction- My baby is having a terrible reaction to something we aren’t sure about. He has itchy sores all over. He normally has eczema so he… …
- Healing of my daughter Tricia aged 6 yeras and a half- I Pray for healing of my daughter Tricia. She fell sich when she was 6 months and a half and she was diagnosed with a… …
- Heal my Son’s family- My granddaughter who is only 3 has strep and the flu. Her mother is expecting another little girl in a few weeks. She has been… …
- Healing for Kaela- In the name of Jesus I asked that my daughter is completely healed. No matter what the doctors say she will live. Give her peace… …
- Prayer for my husband’s illness- Dear Jesus Thank you for all your blessings everyday and allowing us to wake up with life.. I thank you everyday for instilling a new… …
- Healing autism- My prayer is to ask God to heal my 5-year-old daughter who was diagnosed with autism in 2017. …
More prayers posted in: Children
Get the latest from TODAY
Sign up for our newsletter
Dec. 15, 2015, 11:06 PM GMT / Source: TODAY
By Chris Serico
Children usually ask mall Santas for toys and games, but 4-year-old Prestyn Barnette hoped his Santa would help deliver something much more profound.
His aunt, Rebekah Sharpe, posted an Instagram photo Sunday of the boy lowering his head and kneeling beside a Santa at the Dutch Square Mall in Columbia, South Carolina. Sharpe says the boy asked the gift-giver to pray for the health of a sick baby named Knox Stine, a 2-month-old boy who’s been fighting for his life at Sunrise Children’s Hospital in Las Vegas.
Within hours of its posting, Sharpe’s photo of Presytn’s genuflect warmed hearts and prompted shares on social media. “It’s amazing to see the response,” Sharpe told TODAY.com via email Tuesday. “It was completely unexpected. And it is such a blessing to see so many people praying for baby Knox!”
According to NBC News’ affiliate in Columbia, South Carolina, Prestyn also asked for a Lionel train set, and had learned about Knox through his grandmother, who’s part of a prayer group on Facebook.
Knox’s mother, Mindi Stine, told TODAY.com on Tuesday she and her husband, Carl, have been moved by Presytn’s gesture ever since they saw Sharpe’s photo Sunday on the Stines’ public Facebook page for Knox.
The Stine family has been praying for the recovery of newborn Knox, center, who was found “unresponsive” by his father, Carl, on Nov. 30.Courtesy of Mindi Stine
“I never met them,” Mindi said. “I don’t know them. I don’t know how they know of us or heard of us or anything, but I recognized their names, and I knew that they had said that they were praying for baby Knox, and for a miracle for us. … I showed my husband , and we both just smiled at each other, like, ‘Something amazing is happening.’ It was just beautiful.”
Mindi said that on Nov. 30, her husband Carl found Knox unresponsive and not breathing, and revived the newborn via CPR while speaking with a 911 operator. Knox was airlifted 100 miles from their home in Kingman, Arizona, to Sunrise Children’s Hospital in Las Vegas, where they’ve remained ever since to monitor the health of their fourth child.
The inspiration for a 4-year-old boy’s prayer beside a mall Santa, 2-month-old Knox Stine has been fighting for his life in a Las Vegas hospital.Courtesy of Mindi Stine
Despite being “declared brain dead” on the first exam, Knox has been fighting to stay alive, his mom said. “When removed life-support, and were just staring at him, he started to take breaths on his own,” she said. That breathing, however, was not “life-sustaining” or consistent, she said, so the family continues to hope for a miracle.
“At that point, they told us we have two choices: We can take him off life-support and let nature take its course, or we could choose to help him,” Mindi added. “I prayed afterward for wisdom, and searched through the scriptures in our Bible and we knew that God wanted us to choose life for Knox and go forward with surgery.”
Knox received a tracheotomy and a feeding tube Friday. Two days later, Prestyn would ask Santa to pray for the newborn, 2,200 miles away.
Mindi believes every prayer counts. “We don’t even have words to express how we feel, and how thankful we are,” she added. “We have confidence and we have faith that God is going to work a miracle for Knox. He has so many people asking him for that.”
In addition to the prayers and kind words the Stine family has received, Mindi expressed thanks to friends and strangers who donated to a GoFundMe fundraising page established by one of Carl’s coworkers. Mindi said Carl took three months of unpaid leave while the family deals with their medical emergency. Launched Dec. 3, the page had collected more than 200 donations totaling over $11,000 as of Tuesday afternoon.
“We’re just in awe in everyone’s giving spirit,” Mindi added. “We’ve been here since the 30th, and we just don’t know what that means on the financial end of things. It’s the last thing on my mind, to be honest, but it is reality. … But I’ve had so many people reach out to us, ‘I want to send Christmas gifts.’ People have been bringing us food here in the hospital. It’s just been amazing.”
Although Knox’s recovery remains the Stine family’s primary focus, they were so touched by Prestyn’s gesture that they decided to take care of his other request to Santa.
“My dad just bought that train for him,” Mindi said. “I was like, ‘Oh, Dad, that’s sweet. Thanks for thinking of that.’ … We just appreciate the prayers of God’s people, the way they’ve offered them up to God, begging God for a miracle for our baby boy.”
Hopefully, both of Prestyn’s prayers will come true.
Follow TODAY.com writer Chris Serico on Twitter.
Do you know or have a little one who’s helpful and kind? Go to SproutOnline.com to submit your little one’s kind act and it could be featured on Sprout.
This post is part of NBCU’s Season of Kindness. Follow the series on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. #ShareKindness